Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slayn
Jul 12, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Either I've run into a bug or I'm missing something.

I've used the mini-doll in the Mausoleum of Giants, shouldn't this http://i.imgur.com/o1WP2.png block not be here?
Try re-reading the tablet and waiting a few seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Bromance
May 20, 2010

Sorry, guys, I actually do still suck dick! :blush: Also my mom only lets me spend five bucks a month to get my cool gaga avatars back so I guess I'm stuck with this one for a while. :(

Dizz posted:

How do I go about solving the Ghosts are frightening room?

If I'm remembering the room right, just kill the ghosts until something happens

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Either I've run into a bug or I'm missing something.

I've used the mini-doll in the Mausoleum of Giants, shouldn't this http://i.imgur.com/o1WP2.png block not be here?
Have you tried pushing up against that wall? It wouldn't disappear for me until I did that.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

Thievery posted:

If I kill bosses before I have this item does it matter? I just took out Sakit though i'm not sure why. He started it!

Not at all! They just reveal doors you need the bronze mirror to open.

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
Can someone walk me through the second floor of the Endless Corridor? I just can't figure out most of these symbols.

Mman
Nov 11, 2007
How do I "activate" the Chamber of Birth? I've used the Cog of the Soul in the two receptacles, did the dance of life at the place you have to (and got the "puzzle complete" sound from it) and got the Dimensional Key, but none of the Mudmen holes have activated. I can't find any hints to this on the wiki except for the stuff I've already done

Edit: Nevermind You have to use the Cog where the fairy house used to be in the Gate of Illusion

Mman fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 16, 2012

Mman
Nov 11, 2007
Another thing, have I triggered some sort of bug? When I start the fight with Palenque the starting cutscene plays, then Lemeza/his plane goes off the left side of the screen, I get kicked back to the ankh room and the ankh is gone. Is this intentional and I have to do something elsewhere before returning, or did I break the game somehow?

Edit: Found out what it is. I should have checked out the youtube walkthrough earlier :downs:

Mman fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 16, 2012

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

Bad Bromance posted:

If I'm remembering the room right, just kill the ghosts until something happens

Did you use it in a room with a giant?

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Well I've been trying to get into the hell temple.
I've reached a step where he tells me to jump into a huge casket. I've been trying to do this so long I just gave up and looked at how I'm supposed to do it since I know last time I had to look up the lava bit from the original. Turns out I did exactly what I was supposed to do by jumping into Paleque's mural but its not working. Did they change things for the English release or did I mess up somewhere.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Ledgem posted:

I've reached a step where he tells me to jump into a huge casket. I've been trying to do this so long I just gave up and looked at how I'm supposed to do it since I know last time I had to look up the lava bit from the original. Turns out I did exactly what I was supposed to do by jumping into Paleque's mural but its not working. Did they change things for the English release or did I mess up somewhere.

Assuming you're reading the instructions on the wiki, they're accurate.

Edit: no they weren't, but now they are. No change to the step in question though.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 16, 2012

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ledgem posted:

Are you trying to jump from the ground or from high up? I don't know if the double jump is high enough to reach the warp without starting higher.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

Are you trying to jump from the ground or from high up? I don't know if the double jump is high enough to reach the warp without starting higher.

I've jumped over everywhere on it. I even managed to get back into the hut up there. I've tried to backtrack and redo all the other steps but I can't enter any of his rooms anymore and mulbruk won't say anything. I can still talk to xelpud and the fairy on the surface at night but thats it. Door won't flip, gate of time area is blocked again, his first entrance is blocked too. This is Bizare.

Strengthexpert
Jul 21, 2008

dogs do help people
This is probably a dumb question but should I be able to find the Temple Of The Sun Ankh gem before I beat the boss? I'd already found the gems for Mausoleum Of The Giants ans Spring In The Sky but haven't found the boss for either yet so I just used one of those.

Anyone wanna give me a little hint as to where I should head next? the only bosses I've beaten are Gate of Guidance and Temple, and if it's relevant I have the birth and origin seals.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Anyone have a good way to make money before you have access to coin fairies?

I need to get 200 more coins so I can buy miracle.exe so I can actually summon more kinds of fairy.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ledgem posted:

This is your problem here. Don't go in hell temple.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

This is your problem here. Don't go in hell temple.

But how else will he experience The Treasure That Must Not Be Seen?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Ledgem posted:

I've jumped over everywhere on it. I even managed to get back into the hut up there. I've tried to backtrack and redo all the other steps but I can't enter any of his rooms anymore and mulbruk won't say anything. I can still talk to xelpud and the fairy on the surface at night but thats it. Door won't flip, gate of time area is blocked again, his first entrance is blocked too. This is Bizare.

It's very particular about the process. If at any point you got sidetracked and diverged from it you may have broken it. For example, I know that if you use the grail to warp after speaking to Xelpud at night but before speaking to the fairy behind the waterfall you'll wreck everything. I don't know if there's any way to start over. I hope you saved before you started.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

RaspberryCommie posted:

Anyone have a good way to make money before you have access to coin fairies?

I need to get 200 more coins so I can buy miracle.exe so I can actually summon more kinds of fairy.

Hey, I totally missed Miracle.exe! Where do they sell it? Either I have never seen it or else I forgot about it.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Underwhelmed posted:

Hey, I totally missed Miracle.exe! Where do they sell it? Either I have never seen it or else I forgot about it.

Shop in the Tower of the Goddess. you need the lamp of time to get in.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Is there actually any way to solve the block puzzle at the bottom of the Graveyard? It doesn't seem physically possible to get a block on the plate. Also standing on the plate breaks it. :confused:

Another Graveyard question, when coming in from the top of the Tower of the Goddess, right of the Grail Point how do you melt the ice that's blocking the two pedestals in the room above? Looks like there's fire shooter things above them, but I have no idea how to activate those.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

RaspberryCommie posted:

Shop in the Tower of the Goddess. you need the lamp of time to get in.

Ah, so I haven't missed it at all. I have a bunch of the companion roms that go with it, I was starting to think that I missed it.

SourceElement posted:

Is there actually any way to solce the block puzzle at the bottom of the Graveyard? It doesn't seem physically possible to get a block on the plate. Also standing on the plate breaks it. :confused:

You are looking at the puzzle wrong, the plate is not the target Use a block to err... block the energy beam

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Strengthexpert posted:

This is probably a dumb question but should I be able to find the Temple Of The Sun Ankh gem before I beat the boss? I'd already found the gems for Mausoleum Of The Giants ans Spring In The Sky but haven't found the boss for either yet so I just used one of those.

Anyone wanna give me a little hint as to where I should head next? the only bosses I've beaten are Gate of Guidance and Temple, and if it's relevant I have the birth and origin seals.

Screw around more in the spring and the temple. Also wake up Mulbruk and talk to her a bunch of times.

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 16, 2012

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Underwhelmed posted:

You are looking at the puzzle wrong, the plate is not the target Use a block to err... block the energy beam

That... that... that's outright mean. :golfclap: Bravo, Nigoro. Bravo.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Underwhelmed posted:

Does anyone know what solving this puzzle actually does? I solved it ages ago but never figured out what it unlocked.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Control Volume posted:

Does anyone know what solving this puzzle actually does? I solved it ages ago but never figured out what it unlocked.

Presumably it stops the energy beam blocking a chest in the next room up.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Exodee posted:

Have you tried pushing up against that wall? It wouldn't disappear for me until I did that.

slayn posted:

Try re-reading the tablet and waiting a few seconds.

Neither of these work, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Antinumeric posted:

Did you use it in a room with a giant?

Yeah, I heard the shell horn sound and everything.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Rereading the tablet is definitely the trigger. Did you die after solving it?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

How the hell do I get past those annoying Anubis things that shoot energy drain waves in the Temple of the Moon? I don't have any weapons that seem to be able to deal with them without me losing a ton of health.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Zeether posted:

How the hell do I get past those annoying Anubis things that shoot energy drain waves in the Temple of the Moon? I don't have any weapons that seem to be able to deal with them without me losing a ton of health.

Hit them from behind. They don't turn around when you hit them.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Sometimes you can't help but get into their line of sight, the level is pretty much constructed so that this keeps happening. I just try to close the distance and knife them a few times. God I love the knife in this game, it's really fun to jump onto enemies and have a quick attack that kills lots of weak enemies in one hit.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I think I'm stuck in there anyway, because every path I take leads to a dead end. :(

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Rereading the tablet is definitely the trigger. Did you die after solving it?

Well I've gone back to the Mausoleum to attempt to solve the puzzle again and I don't hear the shell horn, so I assume the puzzle is still solved. To clarify, which tablet am I supposed to re-read?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Control Volume posted:

It unlocks the path to one of the most useful items in the game actually, the Gauntlet increases your attack speed. You think your Axe is bad rear end now?

Evil Eagle posted:

Well I've gone back to the Mausoleum to attempt to solve the puzzle again and I don't hear the shell horn, so I assume the puzzle is still solved. To clarify, which tablet am I supposed to re-read?

and you talked to the dude that gave you the doll? The one that gives you the riddle. The tablet is the one in front of the actual blocked passage, I think you might have to equip and use the doll at the blockage but assuming you did that I have no idea why it wouldn't be working. Every time I have thought a puzzle bugged out on me it has turned out that I didn't do something I thought I did or I died without saving between steps and just forgot.

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 16, 2012

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Underwhelmed posted:

and you talked to the dude that gave you the doll? The one that gives you the riddle. The tablet is the one in front of the actual blocked passage, I think you might have to equip and use the doll at the blockage but assuming you did that I have no idea why it wouldn't be working. Every time I have thought a puzzle bugged out on me it has turned out that I didn't do something I thought I did or I died without saving between steps and just forgot.

The guy who gave me the riddle is still telling me to prove myself to be small. I just don't get it.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I guess this question applies equally to the original version, but (really late game spoilers, like after all the main bosses) was there ever really a consistent logic behind where the mantras are supposed to be used at? Yeah, I know the whole "the room in the rear field that corresponds to the boss room in the front" and that supposedly the little glowing crosses scattered about are supposed to serve as a point of reference between both fields, but even then it seems some of the mantra locations don't make sense. Especially considering they actually changed the location of some mantra spots to where it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 17, 2012

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Maybe I wasn't supposed to solve the puzzle until I saw the blockage? My last save before I used the doll is before Viy so I really hope that isn't the case...

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Maybe I wasn't supposed to solve the puzzle until I saw the blockage? My last save before I used the doll is before Viy so I really hope that isn't the case...

It's not.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
I just did a ctrl-f through the thread, so I don't think I missed anything, but can anyone give me a hint on how to get into the Chamber of extinction?

At the very least tell me where to go to read the tablet that tells me how I should get there.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
I've beaten the bosses in the Guidance Gate, Temple of the Sun and Masoleum of the Giants, but at this point I can't go anywhere else. I flooded the Temple of the Sun, but can't get to the doors.

I'm just kinda wandering around poking at poo poo and hoping I find something I haven't explored, but I can't find anything. I swear I've been to every screen like a dozen times now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
There should be an entrance in the Temple of the Sun, past the pyramid, you'll know you reached it when its all pitch black.

Man this game is great, I'm really glad that Nigoro changed some the puzzles and layouts, it really makes it feel new to me, I'm still getting stuck and lost.
Some of my favorite additions are the new traps. One in particular,The ceiling falling after getting the Infinite Key had me laughing my rear end off.

• Locked thread