Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RaspberryCommie posted:

Demons have genders apparently, and he's referred to as a "lord" with the male pronouns in the Malleus Malificarum. Even though he also has breasts.

Also, they stepped up the difficulty of the last boss's final form, huh?

v:shobon:v Guess they changed it for the game, then.

Also gently caress I missed out on the Dimensional Corridor Life Jewel. :doh: I saved right after the dragon. Sob.

edit: actually that thing looks like a loving pain to get so im not so distressed after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Pollyanna posted:

v:shobon:v Guess they changed it for the game, then.

Also gently caress I missed out on the Dimensional Corridor Life Jewel. :doh: I saved right after the dragon. Sob.

edit: actually that thing looks like a loving pain to get so im not so distressed after all

As far as I know, he's never referred to as a female in game. Plus he has breasts in the real life version too.

Demons are just weird like that.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Anyone know how to get that chest frozen in ice in the Graveyard? Or rather, is there any specific equipment I have to use to get to it?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Crimson Harvest posted:

Anyone know how to get that chest frozen in ice in the Graveyard? Or rather, is there any specific equipment I have to use to get to it?

I assume you mean the one in the top left?

That block of ice the pedestal is in? You can jump inside of it from the left side. That will open the chest. Outside of the Double Jump nothing else is needed.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

poo poo i've done - Killed first 4 bosses, subbosses of Inferno Cave and Twin Corridor, and got horribly horribly lost. I've no idea where to head now, any hints? I've got a pear that looks like it should open a door in the graveyard but it doesn't, and 3 seals.

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011

Thievery posted:

poo poo i've done - Killed first 4 bosses, subbosses of Inferno Cave and Twin Corridor, and got horribly horribly lost. I've no idea where to head now, any hints? I've got a pear that looks like it should open a door in the graveyard but it doesn't, and 3 seals.

A pear? Have you explored to the left of the Moon Pyramid?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Underwhelmed posted:

I assume you mean the one in the top left?

That block of ice the pedestal is in? You can jump inside of it from the left side. That will open the chest. Outside of the Double Jump nothing else is needed.

Oh my bad, I mean the one at the bottom left.

B-6 on this map: http://lamulana.super-turbo.net/wiki/index.php5?title=Graveyard_of_the_Giants_WiiWare

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hey guys I'm Tiamat. :smug::mad::catstare:

Also I'm a loving pain to beat.

Edit: Goddamn is there a pattern to that bullshit spinning laser attack she has?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 19, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a screenshot of Eden before you get the fruit?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Okay how the hell do you solve the puzzle with the three blocks and the dias on the left in the Graveyard? I know you have to stack them so you can cover the laser, but I can't see how you can get around without needing the feather.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Edit: Goddamn is there a pattern to that bullshit spinning laser attack she has?

Yeah, the pattern is taking out a shield and ignoring the gently caress out of it while you hang out under her head and continuously axe her. Same goes for the lasers. As long as you evade the weird wave attack you can straight up outdamage her.

RadicalR posted:

Okay how the hell do you solve the puzzle with the three blocks and the dias on the left in the Graveyard? I know you have to stack them so you can cover the laser, but I can't see how you can get around without needing the feather.

You need the feather.
e: Nevermind, you technically don't need the feather, but it requires nearly pixel perfect block-pushing and the first time I tried I got stuck in a ceiling.

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 19, 2012

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011

RadicalR posted:

You just have to come in from the top and work down. I think you need to push a block right to get past it and then push it back, but it's been a while.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
*sigh* Okay, how about that monster that gets a shield in the Tower of Ruins? I can't do enough damage before it gets that thing.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Alright let's start typing up a walkthrough, is this going to be an efficient thing no, I'm going to drop this on pastebin or something unless someone has a better method and I'll update the pastebin I guess.

Edit: actually google doc might work well instead so I guess I'll do that

Forer fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 19, 2012

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

blakyoshi posted:

A pear? Have you explored to the left of the Moon Pyramid?

I think I did. I explored a LOT, but I still can't find an actual way to go or location to aim for.

edit - just found Eden, nm.

edit - haha. spoke too soon.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

RadicalR posted:

*sigh* Okay, how about that monster that gets a shield in the Tower of Ruins? I can't do enough damage before it gets that thing.

If you mean the flying electric lizard guy, just dodge and block the bolts with your shield until he drops it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Forer posted:

Alright let's start typing up a walkthrough, is this going to be an efficient thing no, I'm going to drop this on pastebin or something unless someone has a better method and I'll update the pastebin I guess.

Edit: actually google doc might work well instead so I guess I'll do that

If it were me I would just work using the wiki, since it has at least some of the work done already. Obviously it's a long way from adequate, but at least it wouldn't be starting from scratch.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

poo poo, now I'm wondering if you even need the feather to complete the game. The only spots where you "need" it is in the Tower of Ruin and Tower of the Goddess, but the former is bypassed by figuring out the latter. The only issue is those elevator things in the Tower of the Goddess, I tried riding one and it broke almost immediately and I needed both the feather and the grappling claws to climb up because they never respawned.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I'm probably going to go get the feather because I hate screwing up jumps and the Inferno Cavern shaft thing is ridiculous

Is the Serpent Staff still in the Moonlight Temple?

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe
It would be the hardest hard mode challenge. But you might be right. You can bounce off the enemies onto the higher platforms if you time it right. And killing them after reaching the top would unlock the lift. Hmm.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Zeether posted:

I'm probably going to go get the feather because I hate screwing up jumps and the Inferno Cavern shaft thing is ridiculous

Is the Serpent Staff still in the Moonlight Temple?

Yes. You have to kill Anubis to get it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Antinumeric posted:

It would be the hardest hard mode challenge. But you might be right. You can bounce off the enemies onto the higher platforms if you time it right. And killing them after reaching the top would unlock the lift. Hmm.

Nah the hardest hard mode challenge would be a no grail run. :shepface:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Shlapintogan posted:

Yes. You have to kill Anubis to get it.
Probably a good idea for me to get the Book of the Dead then

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Control Volume posted:

poo poo, now I'm wondering if you even need the feather to complete the game. The only spots where you "need" it is in the Tower of Ruin and Tower of the Goddess, but the former is bypassed by figuring out the latter. The only issue is those elevator things in the Tower of the Goddess, I tried riding one and it broke almost immediately and I needed both the feather and the grappling claws to climb up because they never respawned.
most likely (haven't checked) Not possible, You need the feather simply because to attack mother in her dead baby form you need to use the axe and doublejump to reach with it

Control Volume posted:

can't be done because of the fight against mother, it will not allow you to progress unless you have all the grailpoints as mentioned earlier. it could be a custom thing though

also I'm typing up the walkthrough and playing through right now, I'm writing it up a bit weird though so I'd like to hear a bit of commentary, and someone tell me http://tinyurl.com/lamulanaforer if that works

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I'm trying not to spoil myself but now that I'm 4 Guardians down I'm completely lost on how I can advance. I know what items I need to make even the slightest bit of progress but everything I've found lately I can't find any good use for, namely The silver shield and the Crucifix.

So can anyone give me some vague clues as to how I can use those to gain progress or, if not, where I should be looking if I want to find The book of the dead or the Twins Statue?

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Daius posted:

I'm trying not to spoil myself but now that I'm 4 Guardians down I'm completely lost on how I can advance. I know what items I need to make even the slightest bit of progress but everything I've found lately I can't find any good use for, namely The silver shield and the Crucifix.

So can anyone give me some vague clues as to how I can use those to gain progress or, if not, where I should be looking if I want to find The book of the dead or the Twins Statue?

If you've found anubis, whip him once and then go talk to Mulbruk. She'll give you the book of the dead. You should try and get the ankh jewel for the Inferno Cavern, but good luck fighting Viy. Seriously, gently caress Viy.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Shlapintogan posted:

If you've found anubis, whip him once and then go talk to Mulbruk. She'll give you the book of the dead. You should try and get the ankh jewel for the Inferno Cavern, but good luck fighting Viy. Seriously, gently caress Viy.

Oh man thanks, I'd completely forgotten about Mulbruk. I really need to pay better attention to that sort of thing.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Yeah never mind me, I have apparently suffered a brain injury or something. That is the one I was talking about. I meant bottom left too.

Control Volume posted:

How about no Life Jewels?

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 19, 2012

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Something cool I just realized about Mother's last form:

Every time one of those guardian tablets show up in the background throughout the fight and fade, Mother adds an attack from that boss to her arsenal. I knew her attacks all seemed familar, but that connection didn't click until just now.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there a way to actually play any of these games on the laptop? Do they serve any purpose?

I know a tablet mentioned one is needed to use 'backside' zone teleports, but other than that?

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Underwhelmed posted:

How about no Life Jewels?

No grail, no life jewels, whip only, except when enemies explicitly cannot be affected by it or when another weapon is needed to solve a puzzle.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think no life jewels has been done but requires some tricky setup in water/lava areas with the XP bar

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

victrix posted:

Is there a way to actually play any of these games on the laptop? Do they serve any purpose?

I know a tablet mentioned one is needed to use 'backside' zone teleports, but other than that?

From in game you cannot play any of these, but if you want to play one of them at least Rose & camellia is a thing that's in game

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

victrix posted:

Nah, combining those programs in your memory grants certain special effects based on the combos. It's a holdover from the original where you collected literally dozens of MSX ROMs and combined them to do all sorts of crazy stuff.

Incidentally, if you're exploring and find a hidden alcove or such that has nothing but a chest full of money, chances are that location had a ROM in the original.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Okay, I'm getting very tired now. Can't do the tower of Ruins without the feather, can't get the feather without the Snake Rod, can't get that without summoning Anubis (which I'll need the Book of the Dead). Can't open the shaft without a spear. No idea where I'm supposed to get the spear. Am I missing anything?

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

RadicalR posted:

Okay, I'm getting very tired now. Can't do the tower of Ruins without the feather, can't get the feather without the Snake Rod, can't get that without summoning Anubis (which I'll need the Book of the Dead). Can't open the shaft without a spear. No idea where I'm supposed to get the spear. Am I missing anything?

You get the Spear from the Tower of Ruin by putting a weight on a dais above a moving crusher. You can fight Anubis so long as you have the second seal, you only need to whip him once to get Mulburk to give you the book of the dead, you get the serpent staff from him, which lets you fight the blue giant to get the feather.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Just beat the game.

Question is...am I brave enough to enter Hell?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

RaspberryCommie posted:

Just beat the game.

Question is...am I brave enough to enter Hell?

Wrong question. Are you a masochistic enough man to do it?

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Forer posted:

most likely (haven't checked) Not possible, You need the feather simply because to attack mother in her dead baby form you need to use the axe and doublejump to reach with it

You can just flare her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Am I missing something about the (midgame item) Silver Shield? I've bought the stupid thing twice, once to help me with the twin pillars time freezing boss, once to help with the lightning shield boss in the tower of ruin - both times it broke right away, -200 credits for no particular benefit

• Locked thread