Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Sickness69 posted:

I thought about buying the game, glad to hear someone liked it!
You really should have PS+. No joke, it's the best gaming deal out there. Got Impostors for free a couple weeks ago (along with like 16 other games over the past couple months).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
So, uh, if 10000 people pre order the Ni no Kuni with the book, something will happen?

http://www.ninostarter.com/home

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

boom boom boom posted:

So, uh, if 10000 people pre order the Ni no Kuni with the book, something will happen?

gently caress you NamcoBandai, maybe if you let Canada buy this you'd get more hits.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

That site looks terrible. Look at that Goals page with the copyright text shooting off the graphical borders. I can't even load the store to confirm that I'd be locked out of it.

e: Also now that I think about it kickstarter-style preorder availability combined with recent attempts to region-lock really make me uneasy in general. Ni No Kuni's already got a Euro date so I can't say I'm too stressed, but something feels off about it.

(That said: when the hell did Ni No Kuni get a European date? Whatever leaf Namco turned over, I kind of like it.)

Stelas fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 20, 2012

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Anyone here getting the Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition? I've read this is a Club Namco exclusive, and was wondering if I have to pay for the game in full to preorder. Your help is appreciated.

I'd like to know this as well. I'm totally going to preorder it, but I'd like them to not sit on my hundred bucks for half a year.

Scyron posted:

I've found all the later game trophies way easier than the first few. If it weren't for maximum times X can be pressed I would have the first level's trophy already.

I dunno. It only took me two tries to get the first trophy, and that's only because I got to the end of the course before I was able to get all the links. It's the only trophy level I've tried, though.

This game is a goddamn trip.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SamBishop posted:

Dude, you need to come over and do a shitton of drugs with me while we play this already. I mean, you'll have to supply the drugs and the game since I haven't had any paid work since mid-May and have no idea how I'm going to pay rent in 10 days, but I want so badly to play this game while altered as gently caress.

Well we could SELL those drugs I guess?

Alternatively, we could start you a Sam's Rent Kickstarter. ;)

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

It sure looks like that in the process of making his games more mainstream, Suda revealed that he doesn't actually know how to make a good mainstream game, just wacky-rear end alternative games, which will be held to a lower standard on gameplay and content just because of how different they are. I mean, I really liked NMH, but it was REALLY rough gameplay-wise and had a giant empty grindy world that was a pain to get through.

I still maintain that Killer 7 was absolute genius however and that Suda gets a pass on doing whatever the hell he wants because of it. Interestingly, apparently his new game will be similar to Killer 7 in that it's about assassins and has a much more serious tone than his recent goofy output. I'm really excited to find out more about the game, whenever that is, since it's confirmed to be for PS3/360.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

boom boom boom posted:

I take it back. gently caress you, gently caress you, a million times gently caress you. The side-scrolling levels are the worst, most frustrating thing I have ever seen in a videogame. And there's three loving side-scrolling levels. I can't even express it, I need to hire that guy from The Thick of It to do a monologue about these loving side-scrolling levels.

I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MUFFlNS posted:

I still maintain that Killer 7 was absolute genius however and that Suda gets a pass on doing whatever the hell he wants because of it. Interestingly, apparently his new game will be similar to Killer 7 in that it's about assassins and has a much more serious tone than his recent goofy output. I'm really excited to find out more about the game, whenever that is, since it's confirmed to be for PS3/360.

Killer7 is actualy one of my favorite games ever, and is one of the few GameCube titles I still own. I also really liked No More Heroes. I think the problem with things like Shadows of the Damned is that, rather than building a gameplay around a story like in Killer7, it was more writing a story that makes sense in someone else's gameplay. If he can work with someone that'll make what he wants to make, but make it work, then they can be great. If NMH was developed by someone who knew how to make a good sandbox game, it would've been absolutely fantastic rather than just a quirky thing with off-putting gameplay.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Policenaut posted:

Shadows of the Damned is such a waste. The beginning of it is so promising and by the time I was fighting that boss in the market I was feeling it so well, like it really was some demented road movie take on RE4, but then it all just goes downhill from there. The side scrolling levels and that godawful shooting gallery stage were almost enough to make me send it back.

Having watched the LP on Shadows it seemed like a pretty fun but frustrating game but yea that first Market boss really was the high point

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Lego Batman 2 may end up being the first Lego game I give up on trying to plat. The main thing frustrating me are the nearly unusable flight controls. For some reason, they decided that this game need a loving enormous open world. The only way to get around this world with any kind of speed (not to mention the only way to reach some of the spots you need to get to) is to fly. The flight controls are so spastic that they're even worse than the GTA 4 helicopter controls. At least GTA 4's controls kind of made sense even if they didn't work very well. In Lego Batman 2, you cannot fly slowly. You can either hover or zoom around at 5000 miles per hour; there is no in-between speed. You're five feet in front of the building you need to land on? Give the thumbstick a slight tap and now you're a mile behind the building. You can't move straight up or down. You can't even invert the controls so it controls complete backward from most other games. I thought maybe I just didn't "get it" so I looked around for some help but found that the flight controls seem to be a universal complaint.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm curious, are you on a plat/trophy spree or something?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

...! posted:

Lego Batman 2 may end up being the first Lego game I give up on trying to plat. The main thing frustrating me are the nearly unusable flight controls. For some reason, they decided that this game need a loving enormous open world. The only way to get around this world with any kind of speed (not to mention the only way to reach some of the spots you need to get to) is to fly. The flight controls are so spastic that they're even worse than the GTA 4 helicopter controls. At least GTA 4's controls kind of made sense even if they didn't work very well. In Lego Batman 2, you cannot fly slowly. You can either hover or zoom around at 5000 miles per hour; there is no in-between speed. You're five feet in front of the building you need to land on? Give the thumbstick a slight tap and now you're a mile behind the building. You can't move straight up or down. You can't even invert the controls so it controls complete backward from most other games. I thought maybe I just didn't "get it" so I looked around for some help but found that the flight controls seem to be a universal complaint.

The only valid method to get around the city is in the Whirlybat. Or driving a civilian car as The Flash.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Finally found some time to throw at Dyad, and goddamn is that game awesome. It is a joy to play, the nonstop stream of new mechanics keeps the "campaign" interesting to play, and while I managed to pick up a handful of trophies a bunch of the ones I tried were ball-bustingly hard so I'm looking forward to throwing myself at them for the rest of the summer!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Stelas posted:

(That said: when the hell did Ni No Kuni get a European date? Whatever leaf Namco turned over, I kind of like it.)

Namco releasing an RPG in Europe only three days after the US? I don't believe it. :psyduck:

Are we sure they didn't mistype 2014?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Get ready for FFXIII-3.

quote:

Square Enix will detail future developments for the Final Fantasy XIII project on September 1 during a stage show at the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary event in Shibuya. The publisher outlined its full plans for the event today.

The 25th Anniversary event will be held from August 31 through September 2. The first day will be an early demo event and opening ceremony exclusively for the press and some lucky members of the Square Enix Members fan club. The following days are open to the public.

The Final Fantasy XIII stage will be held on September 1 at 11:30. The stage is titled "Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga: New Developments Presentation." Square Enix is promising details on the future of the FFXIII project. The game's producer, director, art director and other members of the staff will be in attendance.

http://andriasang.com/con201/ffxiii_developments/

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Hahaha holy gently caress are you kidding me?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Green Puddin posted:

Hahaha holy gently caress are you kidding me?
Well, they clearly have to hold off on taking the FF series in new and exciting directions as long as possible. Why else would they have suspended/cancelled/whatever Versus FF13?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Square are way too convinced that FFXIII means that people really liked it. Did FFXIII-2 even do well at all? I seem to remember it being down to $20 within months of it's release.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

They may poo poo out a FFXV about the time XIII-5 is out. They are making good profits by creating these cheap to make sequels and, for some reason, people don't seem to get tired of them. XIII-2 ended with a freaking cliffhanger, a To Be Continued message, and instead of people getting mad about that, I saw them asking when XIII-3 would get a release.

Also, none of the vast amount of DLC available for XIII-2 will work on XIII-3, so if you bought any of it for some reason you are SOL. Yeah, I'm not happy about this episodic thing SE is doing now -- at least the Telltale game episodes don't go for AAA retail prices.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Square are way too convinced that FFXIII means that people really liked it. Did FFXIII-2 even do well at all? I seem to remember it being down to $20 within months of it's release.

It sold well and was rear end-cheap to make. The latter is the important part. It was ridiculously cheap to make and so it doesn't matter if it didn't do as well as FFXIII. Considering FFXIII-2 literally ends with "to be continued" this isn't a huge surprise. FFXIII-2 had a boatload of problems tho' and I doubt XIII-3 will fix anything.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Oh god. For some reason I replaced XIII-3 with XIII Versus in my head, so I was really confused at all the skepticism. I trolled myself, and Square continues to troll the world.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Harlock posted:

Get ready for FFXIII-3.

Okay, sure, whatever. Just give me the XIII-2 Complete Edition I've been waiting for all along. I'm not paying like $30 worth of DLC plus the game's price on top of it.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Hopefully Square-Enix can get it together long enough to release a Ps3 Kingdom Hearts game that doesn't suck and then they go under.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So what the gently caress happened to that psp one that was basically school wars? That one actually piqued my interest instead of more 13 shlock.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Marogareh posted:

So what the gently caress happened to that psp one that was basically school wars? That one actually piqued my interest instead of more 13 shlock.

It came out in Japan a while ago, and I think reception was pretty good?

There has been not one word about it ever getting a release anywhere else.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Suaimhneas posted:

It came out in Japan a while ago, and I think reception was pretty good?

There has been not one word about it ever getting a release anywhere else.
You're talking about FF Type Zero? Yeah, I heard it was well-received...mostly because it was Monster Hunter but with FF trappings. I don't know the truth though, I only played the demo and found it pretty boring.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Marogareh posted:

It came out, it isn't getting a US release because the PSP is dead in the US.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

they aren't even going to do a PSN release? You could play it on the Vita.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

boom boom boom posted:

they aren't even going to do a PSN release? You could play it on the Vita.
Like I said, it's a Monster Hunter formula game, and apparently Japanese devs have decided all together that that format isn't popular outside of Japan. I definitely can't argue against that since I don't like that format myself and am pissed off that it infected a lot of my favorite franchises, like Dynasty Warriors and Valkyria Chronicles.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 20, 2012

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ImpAtom posted:

Type-0's director made the claim awhile back that they started work on an "overseas version" of the game after they released it. No idea just how far overseas they mean. Awhile back there was a leak on some UK site that included a Vita version of Type-0, which was something the Japanese said they would be cool with before.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Gilgamesh looks pretty awesome in his Type-0 DLC for Dissidia Duodecim. That alone makes me sad we haven't gotten the game over here yet. I really like games that use the Kingdom Hearts engine because they're fast paced and great for pick-up and go play.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
OK, Shadows of the Damned may have some terrible parts, but the post credits scene owns so much.

bastardInABasket
May 22, 2001
Fun Shoe
Is Team Fortress 2 scene completely dead on psn now? I was thinking about getting Orange Box to get back into this. I used to play this back on xbox when it was still full of players. Is this a port that is too lovely to play even if there were players?

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

E30User posted:

Is Team Fortress 2 scene completely dead on psn now? I was thinking about getting Orange Box to get back into this. I used to play this back on xbox when it was still full of players. Is this a port that is too lovely to play even if there were players?

Not worth it at all. It's free to play on the PC now and miles ahead and can run on just about anything.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
First goal for Ni no Kuni announced, it's 5 art prints.
At first I was like, 'that's kinda lame' but then I remembered, 'oh right, Studio Ghibli.'

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm about to post about something that literally no one cares about but this is the right thread for it, so...

I'm just now watching (ironically) the latest season of The Tester and drat are these people racist. Sony should probably run a couple of lines at the beginning of each episode saying that statements by the contestants are not necessarily endorsed by Sony itself.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

...! posted:

I'm about to post about something that literally no one cares about but this is the right thread for it, so...

I'm just now watching (ironically) the latest season of The Tester and drat are these people racist. Sony should probably run a couple of lines at the beginning of each episode saying that statements by the contestants are not necessarily endorsed by Sony itself.
What did they say?

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Hey so does anyone else have Mass Effect 3 showing up as previously purchased in the ps store even though you never purchased it? I checked my purchase history too in case it was a hack thingy.. and I guess I got a free copy for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

This is apropos of nothing but Dragon's Dogma loving owns. I'm only level 20 but I'm having a blast running around with my pawns, jumping on monsters and throwing bandits off cliffs. Fantastic game.

• Locked thread