Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok so I was able to get SAB and SB talking after I relocated everything over to my external HDD.

The Incomplete & Completed TV folders are both over there.

I had SB test snatch something, and it had SAB do it's thing. I got emailed when it was done. Here's the last little rub that I'm sure someone can help me determine?

It's been about 20 minutes and despite being email notified, the actual video is still in "CompletedTV" folder. It did not make it to its final Show > Season > Show 1x02.mkv layout.

Basically I think the post processing didn't kick off. I'm not using anything other than stock SAB and SB for that, but it worked very well in the past (prior to my changing where everything goes...)

Ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Some things to check off the top of my head:

- Is SABtoSickbeard.exe set as the script for the category?
- Is Sickbeard using said category when it sends a NZB to SAB?
- Do you have Rename episodes checked in Sickbeard > Config > Post-Processing?
- Did any of your Sickbeard settings (host/port/user/pass) change so that the autoProcessTV.cfg file needs to be altered?
- If you go to Sickbeard > Home > Manual Post Processing and point it towards the folder that you just finished downloading, does it process it correctly?

It sounds like Sickbeard isn't being notified that the episode is finished downloading for some reason, so isn't doing the post-processing. Just a guess, though.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
You probably have to change your script directory in sabnzbd to your new sickbeard scripts directory on the new drive.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Nitr0 posted:

You probably have to change your script directory in sabnzbd to your new sickbeard scripts directory on the new drive.

I always copy the folder to my SAB install to avoid this problem, but you're right.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I think I found the culprit:

Sickbeard's post-processing path says: /Users/ME/Downloads/CompletedTV

I need it to say

/Volumes/Trizzle/TV a la Carte/CompletedTV

I think that may have fixed it. Testing now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh.. meant to say. Now that Mountain Lion is officially out.

Sickbeard will just flat out stop running after a while in Mountain Lion. Lots of people experiencing. It has something to do with Daemon mode I believe. Hoping the Sickbeard devs can fix it. There are posts on the SB forums mentioning this issue. Hope it gets resolved soon!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Has anyone managed to get CPS working with Qouch? The latest update for the app says it supports it, but I'm having nothing but problems, even when using /wanted as the path like they suggest. I went so far as to remove my server and reconfigure everything, but still luck.

It'll open CPS, but if I try to open Wanted or anything else it just times out.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

thrawn86 posted:

nzbmatrix is giving me the same errors. I'm down to trying another client at this point.

well i dunno then. maybe write into support asking if anything is up.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Am I blind, or is there a way to change the desired quality of a CP Wanted download without having to remove and re-add it?

The wife is always trying to grab 720p versions of old stuff that is only available in a DVD-rip or something, and it's becoming tedious.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

Tapedump posted:

Am I blind, or is there a way to change the desired quality of a CP Wanted download without having to remove and re-add it?

The wife is always trying to grab 720p versions of old stuff that is only available in a DVD-rip or something, and it's becoming tedious.

In version 1 you can't do that. In version 2 you can update qualities and stuff.

Why don't you use a quality profile that looks for the 720P version but will get a lower quality if the 720p is not available?

zalmoxes fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 27, 2012

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Thank you, I never noticed that option. I have created a new one to try. Much appreciated.

Regarding Qouch, I've tried most everything suggested in his support thread, such as using /wanted or manually inputting the API key, but no luck.

He says there is a new version coming out to address CPS/v2 bugs, but that was July 16.

stevesy
Aug 6, 2011

BYAAAAH
OS X Mountain Lion broke my SabNZBD+. Does anyone use another client on Mac? I see a few in the App Store, but don't know which to buy. They're all pretty expensive too.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

stevesy posted:

OS X Mountain Lion broke my SabNZBD+. Does anyone use another client on Mac? I see a few in the App Store, but don't know which to buy. They're all pretty expensive too.

Did you try the version on git? If it's actually broken, it will probably be fixed in a day or two...
Another(cheap) option is virtualbox vm + linux server running Sab.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
For anybody using NewsXXX for hot LinuXXX, you'll need to change your bookmark to newsxxx2.ch , have fun!

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

stevesy posted:

Define "broke". To my knowledge, the only thing Mountain Lion breaks is it replaces OSX's copy of Python. For Sab you may need to reinstall it. For Sickbeard you'll need to reinstall Python's Cheetah stuff.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

inpheaux posted:

Define "broke". To my knowledge, the only thing Mountain Lion breaks is it replaces OSX's copy of Python. For Sab you may need to reinstall it. For Sickbeard you'll need to reinstall Python's Cheetah stuff.

Yeah I started a helpful response (as I've spent the last couple weeks dealing with this) and then realized I was talking about Sickbeard and he said SAB+.

In case he does meant Sickbeard; You first need to get and then redeploy Cheetah 2.4.4

Then, even when you get Sickbeard running, it will eventually "kill" (sometimes after as much as 12 hours) if it is running in Daemon mode.

To combat this (until SB comes up with an official Fix)

Open Terminal
CD to your Sickbeard folder ( e.g: cd /applications/sickbeard/ )
then type: screen
then type python sick beard.py
then in terminal window hit CTRL + A then, just hit D (and then you should see Terminal says [detached].
If it does, you can close Terminal and Sickbeard will stay running in non-daemon mode.

stevesy
Aug 6, 2011

BYAAAAH

zalmoxes posted:

Did you try the version on git? If it's actually broken, it will probably be fixed in a day or two...
Another(cheap) option is virtualbox vm + linux server running Sab.

Thanks this fixed it. Just an outdated version it looks like. I wish Sab would auto-update.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah after grabbing Lion on day 1 last year and having my SAB, SB and AFP shares on my NAS all hosed for a good while I decided waiting for mountain lion to bed-in for a week or two is probably worth while.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Laserface posted:

Yeah after grabbing Lion on day 1 last year and having my SAB, SB and AFP shares on my NAS all hosed for a good while I decided waiting for mountain lion to bed-in for a week or two is probably worth while.
ML actually seems rather non-hosed-up compared to the transition to Lion, but that's another thread.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

stevesy posted:

Thanks this fixed it. Just an outdated version it looks like. I wish Sab would auto-update.

Something like the built in Sickbeard updater would be very nice.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
So because I'm very OCD about how my files are named, I further edited Sickbeard to rename multipart episodes to fit in my system. All that's working properly. The one problem I now have is with one particular show. I had to delete it from Sickbeard and download/rename everything myself because Sickbeard was making a mess of it. I know exactly what the problem is: Sickbeard says there have only been four seasons while the scene says there have been five. So what Sickbeard refers to as "season 4," the scene calls "season 5." So if I ask it to pull in the latest episodes, it grabs episodes from the previous season instead. How do I edit the show's listings to make it realize there are five seasons?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

...! posted:

So because I'm very OCD about how my files are named, I further edited Sickbeard to rename multipart episodes to fit in my system. All that's working properly. The one problem I now have is with one particular show. I had to delete it from Sickbeard and download/rename everything myself because Sickbeard was making a mess of it. I know exactly what the problem is: Sickbeard says there have only been four seasons while the scene says there have been five. So what Sickbeard refers to as "season 4," the scene calls "season 5." So if I ask it to pull in the latest episodes, it grabs episodes from the previous season instead. How do I edit the show's listings to make it realize there are five seasons?

You don't, and it's not a sickbeard problem, it's a TVDB problem.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Let me rephrase that. I know it's not Sickbeard's fault; it's getting faulty information from tvdb. The real question is what Sickbeard does with that information. Does it store it locally or does it pull the info straight from tvdb every time?

Edit: Hmm... looking at the TVDB forums, it looks like they are aware of this but don't care. For this show and several others they've announced that they're going strictly off of the episode listings on the network's official site and don't give a rat's rear end that the scene and IMDB say something different.

...! fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 28, 2012

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

...! posted:

Let me rephrase that. I know it's not Sickbeard's fault; it's getting faulty information from tvdb. The real question is what Sickbeard does with that information. Does it store it locally or does it pull the info straight from tvdb every time?

It's fetched from TVDB and then stored locally. This has come up before and so far as I know there's no workaround, you'll just have to deal with downloading that show manually.

Some people in this thread were talking about basically forking TVDB to make a new resource that follows scene ordering to make it work for automated downloading, but that'd likely require too much :effort: to happen any time soon.

I've been toying with the idea of a kind of overlay API as the solution to this. Instead of making a whole new resource, it could contain only the exceptions where TVDB differs from the scene ordering, and if there was no exception found upon a request it could just pipe it through to the regular TVDB. It would be a lot more easily maintainable. If the API was kept compatible with TVDB's, it could be used as a drop-in replacement in software like Sickbeard and XBMC by just altering the URL.

Now, I don't have the experience necessary to put this kind of thing together, but it would be pretty awesome as an alternative to forking and splitting the community efforts in what's already a niche.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Tapedump posted:

If you're using CPS, just hover over the movie you want to change. On the right-hand side of the screen, you'll see six icons, like so:

Click the one with the pencil, and it will allow you to edit the quality you want to search for. If you only need to do one or two, that's the easiest way to do it. If you want to change a bunch, click on the check-mark in the upper right-hand corner:

Now, just check the movies you want to change and change the quality at the top (right under the check-mark after you click it).

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

...! posted:

Edit: Hmm... looking at the TVDB forums, it looks like they are aware of this but don't care. For this show and several others they've announced that they're going strictly off of the episode listings on the network's official site and don't give a rat's rear end that the scene and IMDB say something different.

Though the argument that if there's an official episode listing it's OFFICIAL and that's what's right does make sense. The fact that the scene decides to ignore the official numbering is them doing it wrong, not TVDB. Now when there's no official listing and there's a disagreement, obviously for the main purpose of TVDB it only makes sense to follow the scene.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

wolrah posted:

Though the argument that if there's an official episode listing it's OFFICIAL and that's what's right does make sense. The fact that the scene decides to ignore the official numbering is them doing it wrong, not TVDB. Now when there's no official listing and there's a disagreement, obviously for the main purpose of TVDB it only makes sense to follow the scene.

The main problems are where the "Official" listing is the DVD release listing but the real, accurate listing is the air-date listing. A good, and probably the most well known, example is Firefly. The "official" listing is all kinds of hosed up in order. The show doesn't flow properly in that order. The original air-date ordering is the proper method.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Diviance posted:

The main problems are where the "Official" listing is the DVD release listing but the real, accurate listing is the air-date listing. A good, and probably the most well known, example is Firefly. The "official" listing is all kinds of hosed up in order. The show doesn't flow properly in that order. The original air-date ordering is the proper method.

You've got that backwards, actually. The air-date order is all kinds of screwed up (it doesn't start with the pilot ep, and runs the second ep first). You want to use DVD order for that series.

There are several problems like this, and it's a giant pain in the rear end just because everything else works so smoothly. The guys at TVDB are just plain stuck up about it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anyone know what the progress of XEM is?

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

SlipperyNipple posted:

thrawn86 posted:

nzbmatrix is giving me the same errors. I'm down to trying another client at this point.

tried grabit and binreader, they're 4/4 on HD content that sabnzbd chokes on.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

thrawn86 posted:

tried grabit and binreader, they're 4/4 on HD content that sabnzbd chokes on.
[/quote]

Weird. Maybe a fresh install of Sab is in order then.

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!

Mthrboard posted:

If you're using CPS, just hover over the movie you want to change. On the right-hand side of the screen, you'll see six icons, like so:

Click the one with the pencil, and it will allow you to edit the quality you want to search for. If you only need to do one or two, that's the easiest way to do it. If you want to change a bunch, click on the check-mark in the upper right-hand corner:

Now, just check the movies you want to change and change the quality at the top (right under the check-mark after you click it).

Man, it'd be nice if they had made it more obvious that Couch Potato was no longer being supported and that Couch Potato Server was the new hotness.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

kri kri posted:

Anyone know what the progress of XEM is?

Xem is running. It's pretty awesome if you can get a handle on how it works. SB itself doesn't seem to support it but the anime fork does

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

EC posted:

You've got that backwards, actually. The air-date order is all kinds of screwed up (it doesn't start with the pilot ep, and runs the second ep first). You want to use DVD order for that series.

There are several problems like this, and it's a giant pain in the rear end just because everything else works so smoothly. The guys at TVDB are just plain stuck up about it.

I checked my settings and yes, I did indeed reverse what I meant to say. drat I have a lovely memory.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Pfhreak posted:

Man, it'd be nice if they had made it more obvious that Couch Potato was no longer being supported and that Couch Potato Server was the new hotness.

Not only that, but CouchPotato flat doesnt work sometimes (at least for me...). It took me a while googling my errors to find that they had moved on to CPS.

Apparently CPS has 80 or so bugs until there is a proper "release". It seems much better though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm having a weird problem that either has to do with Sickbeard or my 3tb Seagate External hard drive i just got.

My Incomplete/Complete folder as well as my entire SB show archive is now on this external drive.

I saw SAB download a show SB told it to. I check the logs and SB says it processed it fine.

However, the folder that houses this show is empty.

Best guess: My Hard drive is sleeping or something and unreachable somehow? How can SB and SAB confirm I downloaded and processed a show and it not be anywhere? (not in Complete folder, incomplete folder or the show's directory folder.)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Feenix posted:

I'm having a weird problem that either has to do with Sickbeard or my 3tb Seagate External hard drive i just got.

My Incomplete/Complete folder as well as my entire SB show archive is now on this external drive.

I saw SAB download a show SB told it to. I check the logs and SB says it processed it fine.

However, the folder that houses this show is empty.

Best guess: My Hard drive is sleeping or something and unreachable somehow? How can SB and SAB confirm I downloaded and processed a show and it not be anywhere? (not in Complete folder, incomplete folder or the show's directory folder.)

What does the script log in SAB say? It will tell you where Sickbeard (thinks) it put the file.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FISHMANPET posted:

What does the script log in SAB say? It will tell you where Sickbeard (thinks) it put the file.

Where do I find logs in SAB?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Feenix posted:

Where do I find logs in SAB?

In the history section for each download, there's a series of icons that let you know how the download went (size & category, time to download, file verification, unpacking, script log, and sometimes others). The icon with a scroll is the script log, click that and you'll see the output of the SABtoSickbeard script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FISHMANPET posted:

In the history section for each download, there's a series of icons that let you know how the download went (size & category, time to download, file verification, unpacking, script log, and sometimes others). The icon with a scroll is the script log, click that and you'll see the output of the SABtoSickbeard script.

I see the 4 icons. They are mouseovers, but don't actually allow me to click. However when I click the name of the file in that history list, it shows a path that went to "Completed" folder