Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Feenix posted:

If I'm on CouchPotato (on a mac, if it matters) and want to step up to CouchPotatoServer, is it easy to do so? Do I need to start from scratch? Any advice, warnings or "gotchas" with going to CPS?

Not really - it'll let you import your CouchPotato database file and everything seems to be running fine for me. I remember when I tried it out pre-Mountain Lion and not long after it had been released in beta it required Python 2.7 but that's easy enough to install if it is a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

If I'm on CouchPotato (on a mac, if it matters) and want to step up to CouchPotatoServer, is it easy to do so? Do I need to start from scratch? Any advice, warnings or "gotchas" with going to CPS?

Never set it up on a Mac, but it was pretty painless if you know your way around git (or even if you don't if you can follow directions fairly well). It runs on a different port than CP does, so you can run both at the same time. It has a wizard that'll import your Wanted list over for you.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm having trouble with CouchPotatoServer (shocker! ;) )

I open Terminal, go to the right directory and then run Couchpotato.py. It launches Couchpotato but it literally looks like the exact same CouchPotato (not V2) that I had before (just without a Wanted list filled out.)
(also it's still on the same 5000 port, so I doubt it's the same.

Anyone have any experience installing CPS on a Mac?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

Feenix posted:

I'm having trouble with CouchPotatoServer (shocker! ;) )

I open Terminal, go to the right directory and then run Couchpotato.py. It launches Couchpotato but it literally looks like the exact same CouchPotato (not V2) that I had before (just without a Wanted list filled out.)
(also it's still on the same 5000 port, so I doubt it's the same.

Anyone have any experience installing CPS on a Mac?

Try shutting down V1, and make sure you actually are in the CPS directory. I'm using mountain lion and I seem to have no problem with CPS atm.

Edit: cloned the git repo to the desktop and ran another instance. Here's the terminal windows with all the commands.

zalmoxes fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 2, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

zalmoxes posted:

Try shutting down V1, and make sure you actually are in the CPS directory. I'm using mountain lion and I seem to have no problem with CPS atm.

Edit: cloned the git repo to the desktop and ran another instance. Here's the terminal windows with all the commands.

First off, I figured out why it wasn't super easy to just double-click on the CouchPotato.app. ML had that "only safe apps can be opened" and even when I control-clicked it I got an error.

I turned that off in System Preferences > Security and it booted right up.

But it definitely launches the old one. I thought I downloaded the right file. Is it : Ruudburger-Couchpotato 806bed6. Maybe thats the problem??

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

That's the last CouchPotato commit on git. (The old version)

For couchpotatoserver, go here https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer
There is no packaged version for OS X yet. you have to run the git version.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

zalmoxes posted:

That's the last CouchPotato commit on git. (The old version)

For couchpotatoserver, go here https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer
There is no packaged version for OS X yet. you have to run the git version.

Ah, I see.

Everyone always says to do "git" stuff but I don't really know how. It didn't work when I tried. Any ideas?

Ok I installed GIT. It says I need to "restart bash sessions". Any ideas how I do that? Once I do I'm hoping I can "git"

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

Ah, I see.

Everyone always says to do "git" stuff but I don't really know how. It didn't work when I tried. Any ideas?

Ok I installed GIT. It says I need to "restart bash sessions". Any ideas how I do that? Once I do I'm hoping I can "git"

open another terminal window.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

zalmoxes posted:

open another terminal window.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST SAYYYYY THAT?!!
;)

Ok next step:

Cloning into 'couchpotatoserver'...
fatal: https://github.com/ruudburger/couchpotatoserver.git/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

All you have to type is
'git clone https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer.git'
without the quotes.

In the future paste everything you get starting with the command you entered onto pastebin. It's easier to figure out things that way.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

zalmoxes posted:

All you have to type is
'git clone https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer.git'
without the quotes.

In the future paste everything you get starting with the command you entered onto pastebin. It's easier to figure out things that way.

Thanks, I believe I'm all good now. I learned a whole mess of poo poo today. ;)

[edit]

Ok so I am running in detached mode (so I can close Terminal.) Is there a launch script that works in ML where I can get CPS to run in daemon mode or some such?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 2, 2012

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
EDIT: Issue resolved. Didn't realize pyopenssl could come from different providers, and was trying to install a 32-bit version to 64-bit version of python.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 2, 2012

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

Thanks, I believe I'm all good now. I learned a whole mess of poo poo today. ;)

[edit]

Ok so I am running in detached mode (so I can close Terminal.) Is there a launch script that works in ML where I can get CPS to run in daemon mode or some such?

#! /bin/sh
python path/to/CPS/CPS.py -d

paste those two lines in a file then issue the 'chmod+x /path/to/file' command so you make it an executable. Now you have a file that will launch CouchPotato. Next step is to stick it into the login items Menu under System Preferences Users tab.
Another option is to create a launchd daemon (launchd is apple's replacement for init.d, cron etc).

Sabnzbd wiki has a nice example for running at startup, you can copy it and modify it for CPS.
http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/howto-osx-src

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

I need to buy another block...any decent deals at the minute?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

zalmoxes posted:

#! /bin/sh
python path/to/CPS/CPS.py -d

paste those two lines in a file then issue the 'chmod+x /path/to/file' command so you make it an executable. Now you have a file that will launch CouchPotato. Next step is to stick it into the login items Menu under System Preferences Users tab.

I understand what you said here (I think) and put it into play. The issue I am getting is when I chmod+x the file it's telling me chmod+x command not found.

Do I need to add something or do something in a prior step?

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

i believe you need a space between chmod and +, i.e. "chmod +x /path/to/file"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waffle Conspiracy posted:

i believe you need a space between chmod and +, i.e. "chmod +x /path/to/file"

Annnd, if it does nothing but gives me a command prompt on the next line it's done it's thing? :)

[edit] Nah, I don't think it did. When I add it to login items it doesn't show up as an application but a Rich Text Document.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

yep, run an "ll" to check the current permissions

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

You pasted the script into TextEdit then saved it as a txt file, didn't you?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Feenix posted:

Annnd, if it does nothing but gives me a command prompt on the next line it's done it's thing? :)

[edit] Nah, I don't think it did. When I add it to login items it doesn't show up as an application but a Rich Text Document.

Move into the folder an run 'ls -l' and see if you have xs on the line of the file (over to the left).

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

zalmoxes posted:

You pasted the script into TextEdit then saved it as a txt file, didn't you?

What do I look like, a genius? ;) No, I typed it out, didn't paste it. But you're right about everything else. Should I have used something else?

I apologize for all the questions. to be honest, the whole realm of Terminal is pretty new to me with getting into this SAB/SB/CPS stuff. I like what I'm learning though. :)

vikingstrike posted:

Move into the folder an run 'ls -l' and see if you have xs on the line of the file (over to the left).
code:
-rwxr-xr-x@  1 BSTAR  admin    355 Aug  2 09:50 CouchServerStartup.rtf
so... no.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 2, 2012

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I usually use Vim (an you can write 'vimtutor' in terminal to learn the basics) but all you should do is save the file as .sh instead if the default when using TextEdit. Then apply the chmod +x command after. If it works, you won't get any confirmation.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Feenix posted:

What do I look like, a genius? ;) No, I typed it out, didn't paste it. But you're right about everything else. Should I have used something else?

I apologize for all the questions. to be honest, the whole realm of Terminal is pretty new to me with getting into this SAB/SB/CPS stuff. I like what I'm learning though. :)

code:

-rwxr-xr-x@  1 BSTAR  admin    355 Aug  2 09:50 CouchServerStartup.rtf

so... no.

The xs are there. If you put #!/bin/bash at the top of the file, rename it to a .sh file extension. Then you should be able to run ./file.sh or whatever you're trying to do.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks, all, I think I got it now. :)

I used Automator and made a shell script app. (one of the few things I know how to do from learning how to create a Sickbeard Startup Script.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

vikingstrike posted:

The xs are there. If you put #!/bin/bash at the top of the file, rename it to a .sh file extension. Then you should be able to run ./file.sh or whatever you're trying to do.
It's an RTF file, just changing the extension won't work. He needs to go to Format -> Make Plain Text and then resave the document providing the .sh extension.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Disgustipated posted:

It's an RTF file, just changing the extension won't work. He needs to go to Format -> Make Plain Text and then resave the document providing the .sh extension.

I didn't catch that, my bad. There were lots of other things going on. Hard to catch them all. My advice otherwise was still valid. (I write nothing in rtf so it never even crossed my mind, tbh)

Feenix, whenever you write script files in the future, always use plain text. RTF adds extra formatting characters to the file that will screw with you.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 3, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
A simple question (I bet that's a relief!)

Is there a frequency of "checking" setting somewhere on CPS? Am I just overlooking it somehow?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

A simple question (I bet that's a relief!)

Is there a frequency of "checking" setting somewhere on CPS? Am I just overlooking it somehow?

Settings > Searcher > Check "Show Advanced Settings > Cronjob

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ah so the way I would interpret those three boxes is:

*/6

Every 6 hours, at 15 after the hour?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

Ah so the way I would interpret those three boxes is:

*/6

Every 6 hours, at 15 after the hour?

That's what I'm going with! :)

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
How does custom quality work in Sickbeard, mainly the initial and final qualities?

I'd like to download 720p HDTV, but then get Web DL or Bluray when they become available (and either of those is an acceptable), but it looks like if I set HDTV as initial and WEb DL and 720p Bluray as Archive, it's not satisfied until it finds Bluray.

Is there anything I can do about that, or do I just have to live with it?

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

FISHMANPET posted:

Is there anything I can do about that, or do I just have to live with it?
As soon as it downloads a quality you're happy with, mark it as archived?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I only use either the default SD or HD setting and never have any problems that way. My rule is, if it's a show that airs multiple times a week, I'll get the SD version and if it's a weekly show, I'll get the HD version. Sickbeard is usually pretty good about doing that and I stopped using the custom qualities settings.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

inpheaux posted:

As soon as it downloads a quality you're happy with, mark it as archived?

I never knew what that mode does, I guess that makes sense.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
SABNZBD is throwing an "User Denied Invalid Credentials" for NZBSRUS but everything has been running swell (and snatching stuff the last few days.)

Never had this problem before. I'm assuming it's something on their end, but who knows...

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
I just ran into a 265 character file path that won't save files properly under Windows 7 x64. I changed my download paths from "D:\Downloads\Incomplete" to "D:\t". I don't know if there's a workaround and quick googling didn't lead to much more than "Sorry deal with it" but I just wanted to bring that to the attention of whoever needs to know.

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?

89 posted:

So, Sickbeard has been working just fine. Except, a couple of days ago, out of the blue, it just stopped downloading stuff. Errors said it wasn't connecting to SABNZBD. So, I went into the settings in Sickbeard and changed the port it was looking for SABNZBD on from http://localhost:8085 or whatever it was to http://127.0.0.1 and when I test it, it says it is connected.

But, when it goes to download something in Sickbeard, I get error messages in the log and it doesn't download:

2012-05-04 15:31:13.016000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:31:15.022000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:31:26.624000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-79488 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:31:36.470000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-94571 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:31:48.070000 SEARCHQUEUE-MANUAL-SEARCH :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:31:53.852000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-84912 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:32:05.480000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-80379 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:32:16.607000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-73244 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:32:28.830000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-79274 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:32:39.287000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-79274 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:32:44.362000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-79274 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found
2012-05-04 15:32:49.366000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-79274 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: File not found

What's up? It WAS working fine.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem and the only google hit for the error is your post here and your post on the sickbeard forums (which I also replied to)

Edit: D'Oh.. somehow some ports got moved around, I don't remember doing that. Something else was listening on 8080 causing the 'file not found' error. All good now!

Gism0 fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 7, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm trying to add one particular show to Sickbeard and this is what I'm getting:

"Unable to look up the show in [redacted] on TVDB, not using the NFO. Delete .nfo and add manually in the correct language."

This show has yet to air but I've added many yet-to-air shows without a problem yet. This particular show has a full episode listing on TVDB so I'm not sure what the problem is. Should I wait until it airs and cross my fingers and hope that Sickbeard will be able to deal with it then or is there something else I should be doing?

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?

...! posted:

I'm trying to add one particular show to Sickbeard and this is what I'm getting:

"Unable to look up the show in [redacted] on TVDB, not using the NFO. Delete .nfo and add manually in the correct language."

This show has yet to air but I've added many yet-to-air shows without a problem yet. This particular show has a full episode listing on TVDB so I'm not sure what the problem is. Should I wait until it airs and cross my fingers and hope that Sickbeard will be able to deal with it then or is there something else I should be doing?

I got that sometimes when TVDB is having problems, though it does seem to be fine for me just now..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I just discovered I can auto-categorize stuff by newsgroup.

This is great.