Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

In the original script for Batman Begins that leaked a few months before the movie, the part where he comes up from saving Rachel to go to his birthday party had him still wearing the eye liner, and Alfred had to stop him and tell him to wipe it off before going out to meet the guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

In the original script for Batman Begins that leaked a few months before the movie, the part where he comes up from saving Rachel to go to his birthday party had him still wearing the eye liner, and Alfred had to stop him and tell him to wipe it off before going out to meet the guests.

In Grant Morrison's Batman run Alfred points out that he's still doing the voice out of costume.

Talks To Cats
Jan 7, 2012
I hate my job and I hate you, but I'll put up with my job because it makes me a shit-ton of money. I can tell you how to do the same...but you won't listen.

I support charity:water with my erotica charity bundles. Water changes everything.
I never understood why they didn't just put little white things over the eyeholes. Then he can do the glowy-eyes in the dark thing like in the comics. And it would make him look more menacing!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Talks To Cats posted:

I never understood why they didn't just put little white things over the eyeholes. Then he can do the glowy-eyes in the dark thing like in the comics. And it would make him look more menacing!

Because it makes it harder for the actor to emote. Same reason Spider-Man gets his mask torn off, or eyes exposed in all of those movies.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Talks To Cats posted:

Looks real dumb outside of a comic book.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

teagone posted:

This is loving awesome.

Whichever goon it was that repainted this...

into this...

needs to do the same thing to the Expendables 2 poster.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Talks To Cats posted:

They sort of did this in The Dark Knight when he has the white eyes so he can get that 3D sonar visual thing going on.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Talks To Cats posted:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I know you're trying to be joking, but I think that image is more unnerving than anything else.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I used headlights of a car. He might be slightly lazy eyed.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
Honestly, just blacking the eyes right out with dark non-reflective lenses might work better for a movie:

The goal of keeping Batman's eyes pupil-free is to give him that slightly unnerving look. It doesn't really work with bright glowing eyes like it will in a comic, but it can work if you have to strain to make out any eyes at all.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Daredevil movie had dark red (same shade as the mask) lenses, and it looked fine.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

The Daredevil movie had dark red (same shade as the mask) lenses, and it looked fine.

That's because his superpower is that he can see.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

With Batman just explain via technobabble that it's some special two way glass that's dark on the one side but like looking through something perfectly clear on the other, and then add in that you can have a HUD on it and it's bulletproof or something, done.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Well anyway, back to movie posters.

I like what it suggests about the power dynamic of the characters. On top of the other, then beneath, both at once...

Past Tense Ragu fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Aug 7, 2012

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, is Joaquin Phoenix back to doing movies again? He hasn't been in anything since I'm Still Here, right? That was a couple years ago. And that was about how he hadn't been in anything in a couple years before that. Awesome!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Woah, is Joaquin Phoenix back to doing movies again? He hasn't been in anything since I'm Still Here, right? That was a couple years ago. And that was about how he hadn't been in anything in a couple years before that. Awesome!

Have you see the trailer for The Master yet? Dude is looking gaunt and old.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Have you see the trailer for The Master yet? Dude is looking gaunt and old.

The whole I'm Still Here project was just preparations for this role! :buddy:

Talks To Cats
Jan 7, 2012
I hate my job and I hate you, but I'll put up with my job because it makes me a shit-ton of money. I can tell you how to do the same...but you won't listen.

I support charity:water with my erotica charity bundles. Water changes everything.
Okay, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong.

The blacked-out eyes thing looks cool though. I hope they do that when they reboot Batman again. :v:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I think Nolan inserted that scene with the sonar goggles just to hit back at the nitpicky fans who didn't like his costume design.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Past Tense Ragu posted:

Well anyway, back to movie posters.

I like what it suggests about the power dynamic of the characters. On top of the other, then beneath, both at once...

I cannot wait to see this. I really like this poster for exactly the reason you said.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Baron Bifford posted:

I think Nolan inserted that scene with the sonar goggles just to hit back at the nitpicky fans who didn't like his costume design.

Yeah, he's literally never wrong.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

It was ironic. Like a poem that doesn't rhyme.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Teaser for Zero Dark Thirty, Kathryn Bigelow's latest.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you consider making I'm Still Here to be work, you can't really say he took a break.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Clearly there is only one way to fix the Batman eye issue:

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This thread makes me so happy.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Teaser for Zero Dark Thirty, Kathryn Bigelow's latest.

This fits well with the redacted trailer and the classified information that Bigelow used to produce the later portion of the film. It's pretty clear now that she received nothing but pages of redacted black text.

It's weird that at thumbnail size, I can still make out the title, although I wish they could have dialed back on the marker. What's interesting is the title color is lighter than the marker color which is straight black, which may explain why I can still kinda read the title.

Rieux
Jan 15, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

"Remember me Eddie? When I killed your brother I talked... JUST... LIKE... THISSSSS!"

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Like you wouldn't watch the gently caress out of Marty Feldman Batman.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

TheJoker138 posted:

Or Bale could have just worn white contact lenses.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Rieux posted:

"Remember me Eddie? When I killed your brother I talked... JUST... LIKE... THISSSSS!"

I imagine that his voice goes deeper and deeper, with "this" sounding like Barry White :allears:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Baron Bifford posted:

Or Bale could have just worn white contact lenses.

Not for the first film he couldn't. Batman not being able to turn both his neck and his eyes would be a disaster.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

What does Zero Dark Thirty mean? Aesop Rock just recently released a song by that title too but I have no idea what the heck Zero Dark Thirty means.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Suzuki Method posted:

What does Zero Dark Thirty mean? Aesop Rock just recently released a song by that title too but I have no idea what the heck Zero Dark Thirty means.

I assume its the same thing as "oh dark thirty" - the crack of dawn basically.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

feedmyleg posted:

Not for the first film he couldn't. Batman not being able to turn both his neck and his eyes would be a disaster.

Point taken. Batman would look really lame if he appears to be staring at the side walk when trying to intimidate you.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Yes! I just managed to find out. That's neat, I have never heard that phrase before.

I love that poster. The redacted marker scribbles just do enough that you get interested in the poster but not too much that you could never make out the title. Very well executed.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
I prefer "Dark O' Clock". Or "gently caress O' Clock".

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Suzuki Method posted:

12:30am. On a 24 hour clock it's 0030.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balqis
Sep 5, 2011

I don't know if it has been posted already, but I've always liked the Showgirls posters.

They manage to be provocative while still maintaining an air of tastefulness. In fact, these are probably the worst posters the movie could have had, because they're just that good.

Ahh. Much better.