Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I thought they were killing off Tim for a moment there.

Interesting to see a case of untreated slender sickness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
The way that he seized around was genuinely disturbing, and he looked like he was being affected by some other force while he was down there. Skimasky is the loving master of hide and seek, no idea how he just disappeared and then reappeared there.

DoctorWhat posted:

The way Tim was writhing, it looked as if he was being... twisted up, maybe even stretched out. He didn't look quite there to me.

Could Slendersickness lead to... becoming like The Operator?

I'd reckon that if that was the case, the camera would be going absolutely batshit. There was some distortion, but nowhere near the levels you'd expect for something like that.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

marsattacks posted:

IIRC, aren't the comments always left enabled on entries that TTA/some unknown entity uploads straight to the Marble Hornets channel?

Although, man, maybe TTA will learn his lesson. 1500 now :stare:

Of the 2 I remember (just went back to look), ###### has comments enabled, and Entry 37 (the birthday party one) has them disabled. So uh I don't know what to make of that. I honestly don't remember what was going on when ###### was posted, too long ago. But with 37 Jay had an episode that was documented on Twitter... he lost control of his YouTube account, developed a massive headache and passed out. In the meantime the birthday party entry was posted and then he woke up at the infamous Red Tower with no idea how he got there.

So I guess either a) Jay did not post ###### and the most recent entry, but did post 37 while blacked out, b) the comments mean nothing, or c) there's supposed to be a pattern but at least one of them was a screwup.

Edit: Yeah I definitely thought Tim was a goner at first :ohdear: He's eerily good at faking a seizure. It did occur to me that it looked like he was really stretching out.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 9, 2012

Tiamat
Jul 25, 2008

yer a wizard, harry
Huh. So, I went back to look at the other TTA (?) videos that had been posted to the main MH YouTube account. One was enttry #37, which is the footage of Alex's birthday party. Interestingly, that's dated April 4. Then I was looking at Entry #26, the end of Season 1, where Amy's recording Alex - it's also from April 4. Has this been pointed out before? Are there other connections to that date that we've seen?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tiamat posted:

Huh. So, I went back to look at the other TTA (?) videos that had been posted to the main MH YouTube account. One was enttry #37, which is the footage of Alex's birthday party. Interestingly, that's dated April 4. Then I was looking at Entry #26, the end of Season 1, where Amy's recording Alex - it's also from April 4. Has this been pointed out before? Are there other connections to that date that we've seen?

TTA entry "Decay" was posted on Apr 4 of this year, too. It's definitely a recurring theme.

Also god drat some of these TTA entries are seriously disturbing. I don't remember them as well as the real entries and they creep me right the hell out whenever I go back to rewatch.

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

Foreign policy...in drag?
Things just got much more interesting in this administration.

DoctorWhat posted:

The way Tim was writhing, it looked as if he was being... twisted up, maybe even stretched out. He didn't look quite there to me.

Could Slendersickness lead to... becoming like The Operator?

I've actually had this idea the entire time, like there is just one Operator and whenever it's nearing the end of its (life? cycle?) allotted amount of time to exist, it chooses a new person to become what it is?

I don't know, just throwing that around. :shobon:

I, like everyone else, am really impressed with Tim's seizing. Honestly thought he wouldn't recover.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Commissar posted:

I'd reckon that if that was the case, the camera would be going absolutely batshit. There was some distortion, but nowhere near the levels you'd expect for something like that.

The camera was going out of focus, like a lot. And what DID cause the distortion, then? Food for thought.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Docjowles posted:

TTA entry "Decay" was posted on Apr 4 of this year, too. It's definitely a recurring theme.

Also god drat some of these TTA entries are seriously disturbing. I don't remember them as well as the real entries and they creep me right the hell out whenever I go back to rewatch.
I thought April 4th was Alex's in game (and Joseph's oog, maybe?) birthday. It pretty much always gets weird.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Oh hey I haven't read these 400 replies in the Marble Hornets thread maybe I should do th:stare:

:frogon:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
I know it was said not long ago, but whichever of them is in charge of putting together the TTA videos is really doing an ace job of capturing the whole unsettling horror movie vibe with both the editing as well as the sound.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was previously discussed (on SA in one of the threads, at least) that perhaps the 'evolution' of a Masky was that maybe first you become sick, then become a 'infected' then somehow become a Masky and are contagious and infect others. Also, just for a recap... We've seen now two distinct 'Masky' characters, and this 'Hoody/SkiMasky' character, right? So that would make three distinct individuals that have whatever it is that makes you a Masky assuming that theory.

There was also the theory that somehow the Masky virus/whatever it is, is in fact some kind of defense against Slenderman based on the episode where the Masked guys are hovering around one of them that was fallen, and then they run off when Slenderman/The Operator shows up.

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

The camera was going out of focus, like a lot. And what DID cause the distortion, then? Food for thought.

As he continues in his metamorphoses, the distortion would theoretically get worse?

So to Kafka-ize it, the apple lodged in his back carapace would just continue to rot?

(I'm so sorry if this is derail-y but DoctorWhat I've been admiring your icon for the longest time :allears:)

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Millard Fillmore posted:

As he continues in his metamorphoses, the distortion would theoretically get worse?

So to Kafka-ize it, the apple lodged in his back carapace would just continue to rot?

(I'm so sorry if this is derail-y but DoctorWhat I've been admiring your icon for the longest time :allears:)

Are you sure you haven't been admiring hyperhazard's?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Millard Fillmore posted:

... Are you coming on to me? :frogout:

I got it in the Ask the Mods thread from then-Butt Wizard just as the epidemic was starting. It's p. cool.

But yeah Tim's totally turning into a Directory Assistant, calling it now.

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

... Are you coming on to me? :frogout:

I got it in the Ask the Mods thread from then-Butt Wizard just as the epidemic was starting. It's p. cool.

But yeah Tim's totally turning into a Directory Assistant, calling it now.

:getin:

Noted here for posterity. Operator's had Tim's number since birth, hence all the health problems. Poor guy never had a chance.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am
This entry was really cool, as have been the last few, but I don't know if it's the fact that I burned through the first two seasons as one big movie and am now watching as they come out, or if this is just a season 3 problem, but it doesn't really feel like we're heading anywhere. There is practically nothing that Jay can be any kind of pro-active about, Alex seems to have disappeared from the story entirely, and god dammit it just takes so long.

Anyone else feeling this?

Clarington Grey
Dec 4, 2007

Subtle but delightful.

That drat Satyr posted:

We've seen now two distinct 'Masky' characters, and this 'Hoody/SkiMasky' character, right? So that would make three distinct individuals that have whatever it is that makes you a Masky assuming that theory.

There are possibly four Masked characters - Tim and the other one we saw assaulting Alex, then Skimasky, and the skull-masked person glimpsed in Entry #26.

I'm not sure this person has been accounted for yet.

I agree with Millard Fillmore, it sure would explain a lot, but if Tim and Alex were both "claimed" by the Operator since childhood, then why would they be on opposite sides? Alex has an almost devotional relationship with the Operator, and Tim was actively trying to kill Alex. And from this latest Entry, Skimasky wants this conflict to continue.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
gently caress sometime between seeing the new video on my phone and coming upstairs the video was marked as private :argh:

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

Clarington Grey posted:

There are possibly four Masked characters - Tim and the other one we saw assaulting Alex, then Skimasky, and the skull-masked person glimpsed in Entry #26.

I'm not sure this person has been accounted for yet.

I agree with Millard Fillmore, it sure would explain a lot, but if Tim and Alex were both "claimed" by the Operator since childhood, then why would they be on opposite sides? Alex has an almost devotional relationship with the Operator, and Tim was actively trying to kill Alex. And from this latest Entry, Skimasky wants this conflict to continue.

Maybe Tim was fighting the Operator while Alex was lured in by the power and went along with the plan? I'm assuming of course that they still have a modicum of free will.

BREAKING TWEET:"I have to find Tim."

edit edit: 'entry' is gone from the channel on my end It's just been retitled as Entry #61

Millard Fillmore fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 9, 2012

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

Clarington Grey posted:

I'm pretty sure the other one we saw assaulting Alex was Skimasky, and the skull-mask has enough similarities to Tim's mask to suggest that it's more for a symbol than anything else - it's not like we see a person wearing it, and we've seen plenty of creepy artificial faces in totheark videos before and since. I'd say that leaves us with Tim and Skimasky.

Edit: Forget that poo poo I just said about being frustrated with lack of direction - Jay has topped and tailed the new Entry 61 with some comments that are very exciting indeed. gently caress yeah Marble Hornets

Mitthrawnuruodo fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 9, 2012

Azraden
Oct 26, 2010

Ooh - a crevice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGupNlQ2eSY
Two entries in one night? It's like Christmas! :allears:

e:oh, it's just the fake entry with Jay adding some things.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

We're going back to the park, aren't we?

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

Kavak posted:

We're going back to the park, aren't we?

I sure hope so, Rosswood's beautiful from what I've seen.

edit: and also scary funtimes happen there. Win win!

Millard Fillmore fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 9, 2012

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

@marblehornets posted:

A late night live tweeted adventure.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Millard Fillmore posted:

I sure hope so, Rosswood's beautiful from what I've seen.

The weird thing is that there's a real Rosswood park in Sacramento, so I was convinced for a long while the series was set in California until the Season 2 credits mentioned Georgia. It was at that point I realized that everything reminds me of California because the state looks like everything. \/:v:\/

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

So the tweets just now are (in order):

It's Jay. Finally got this account back. The password had been changed up until now.
12:04 AM - 9 Aug 12 via web

It should go without saying, but I didn't upload "entry" to the youtube channel.
12:05 AM - 9 Aug 12 via web

I have to find Tim.
12:10 AM - 9 Aug 12 via web

Entry #61: http://youtu.be/YGupNlQ2eSY
12:17 AM - 9 Aug 12 via web
(note: contains the now private video in it)

Leaving now.
12:19 AM - 9 Aug 12 via web

pic.twitter.com/ppoqETDH
12:32 AM - 9 Aug 12 via Twitter for Android

I hope so hard we get more updates tonight. Further thoughts... Could those updates from the 'hack' to his Twitter account about 'watching the lightning' or whatever be connected to this new TTA video? It does start with lightning and a storm. Maybe it was a hint that he would be coming to hang out with Tim when it stormed? Also the whole 'You won't see me but I'll see you' part was pretty much true, since Tim was busy flopping around on the floor while Skimasky was in the closet being a creeper.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Kavak posted:

It was at that point I realized that everything reminds me of California because the state looks like everything. \/:v:\/
Except great Britain, of course.

I hope this live tweet adventure goes somewhere, it's the second one I'm actually around for.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

curiousTerminal posted:

Except great Britain, of course.

I hope this live tweet adventure goes somewhere, it's the second one I'm actually around for.

The Winter Solstice live feed produced an entry, while the Antique Store produced gently caress-all, so we're 1-for-1. Cross your fingers.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Oh dearrrrrr.... :ohdear:

pic.twitter.com/rYCujBE9
12:42 AM - 9 Aug 12 via Twitter for Android

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 9, 2012

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Kavak posted:

The Winter Solstice live feed produced an entry, while the Antique Store produced gently caress-all, so we're 1-for-1. Cross your fingers.

I don't remember the winter solstice one. You'd think I would since that's my birthday, but nope, I'm going to have to go reread it.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

I feel more optimistic about Jay's safety knowing he is at the park, who knows what could've happened to him, tweeting while driving :ohdear:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

curiousTerminal posted:

I don't remember the winter solstice one. You'd think I would since that's my birthday, but nope, I'm going to have to go reread it.

It was 2009, you'll have to dig deep.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
I thought Jay had an iPhone? :saddowns:

\/\/ MY DISBELIEF, IT HAS BEEN UNSUSPENDED :argh:

(I guess it's feasible that while running from an otherworldly hellmonster Jay could have upgraded his handset with his provider? :v:)

robodex fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 9, 2012

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

robodex posted:

I thought Jay had an iPhone? :saddowns:

The true plot twist of Marble Hornets has finally been discovered. :v:

Millard Fillmore
Jan 31, 2009

That drat Satyr posted:

pic.twitter.com/rYCujBE9

Just checked his twitter again after going down into the garage for water. Nope nope nope nope.

I love the live show we're getting though.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mitthrawnuruodo posted:

it doesn't really feel like we're heading anywhere.

I've been following this since the first thread was posted in GBS and I've felt that way the whole time. I've taken to appreciating each individual video for it's own scares then hoping for some kind of pay off.

That drat Satyr posted:

pic.twitter.com/rYCujBE9

God drat there's nothing in this picture but it's freaking the poo poo out of me. I hope we get a great twitter adventure tonight. :f5:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Millard Fillmore posted:

Just checked his twitter again after going down into the garage for water. Nope nope nope nope.

I love the live show we're getting though.

Yeah, honestly having grown up living in a house out in the middle of the woods in the backwoods of NC... and now living pretty much in the middle of a national forest, I can safely say there is very little that terrifies me more than a dark forest at night. I don't really know why, but because of that, this poo poo strikes me way harder on the 'oh god no auuuugh' scale than it probably should.

Augh that picture. I almost didn't upload it because i didn't want to look at it that long. I don't want to be that 'oooh I had to turn the light on' person but.. ugh, gently caress the forest.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Dark forests are always unnerving. Shadows and ghostly branches and poo poo are terrifying.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Especially since Slendy in dark woods is one of the biggest kinds of Slendy pic.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

E: yeah, I briefly opened it in photoshop, since I had to save it to upload it, and messed with the levels to see if there was a secret Slendy hiding in the dark just out of view. Nothing, thankfully!

I guess the show might be over, for now. :(

Don't want to give away where I am. No more tweets for now.
1:06 AM - 9 Aug 12 via Twitter for Android

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

@marblehornets posted:

Don't want to give away where I am. No more tweets for now.

e:fb

• Locked thread