Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
I will be hosed sideways if TW/BIO scrapping isn't the most LOL poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I will be hosed sideways if TW/BIO scrapping isn't the most LOL poo poo.

Go on....Please.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Go on....Please.

Ill just say I've got every melee DPS record beat, including the ones with hybrid.

And I'm not using hybrid or lore.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
It was fun watching that. Then I repaid him by launching guys across Atlas with Ki Push

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Seen raiding the Rikti mothership during double XP weekend.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Ill just say I've got every melee DPS record beat, including the ones with hybrid.

I'm assuming a lot of that comes from the i24 proc changes? I'm guessing some of that comes from the gaussian's proc in build up, but supposedly people are seeing significant improvements to overall damage from the ppm conversion.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

motoeisen posted:

Seen raiding the Rikti mothership during double XP weekend.

Lady Liberty, not Ms. Liberty. So from my understanding he's having regular sex with a statue.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Pesterchum posted:

Fire is pretty much the best secondary for dominators if you're looking to kill things dead. As much as I love earth though, it's not super amazing on dominators compared to other things. Great control, but it doesn't get a whole lot mileage out of domination, and if earth control did any less damage you'd be healing enemies.

Still, it'd be pretty fun. /Fire would make up for Earth's/ non-existent damage.

Would Icy Assault be much worse than Fire Assault for someone just levelling up?

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Cleretic posted:

Lady Liberty, not Ms. Liberty. So from my understanding he's having regular sex with a statue.
He lives to love, no need for his loves to be alive.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tommy 2.0 posted:

How many dicks per second can you handle from a distance? Melee dps is nothing to brag about, I can probably get somewhere between 1 and 5 dps in a given day.

Edit: After doing some testing on my pylon I've confirmed 5 dps is accurate. If I include my pets I can fit a whole 'nother d in the ps.

Edit2: So thats why its called a hybrid slot

Edit3: Tried to raise my dps but ended up with crabs

Free Headcrab fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 13, 2012

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

That was perhaps the best midnight ITF I've been on.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
:stare:

Also, word salad with extra dressing:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

OneEightHundred posted:

:stare:

Also, word salad with extra dressing:

I unironically love every Ronald McDonald Alt I see.

That Lilith reminds me of back when I was still playing Champions when it first came out, my Robot Wizard kept a running tally of every single Lilith he came across. I stopped counting once it got past 40 in around a week.

Though even I don't butcher the English language as much as her... When I have time to proofread. When it's team chat time all bets are off when it comes to proper spelling odds for me.

Plus, way to not notice you ran out of room Lilith :downsbravo:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Section Z posted:

What? You mean "What do I lo" isn't a valid question or statement? :colbert:

e: Wait poo poo, I used too many capital letters in mine.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

I don't think being smelly is much of a power in this case.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Not to defend her, but the bio frame does sometimes cut off earlier than the counter says it should. I suspect carriage returns are converted into HTML paragraph breaks and end up pushing long bios over the limit.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bieeardo posted:

Not to defend her, but the bio frame does sometimes cut off earlier than the counter says it should. I suspect carriage returns are converted into HTML paragraph breaks and end up pushing long bios over the limit.

This is exactly what happens. Though that's no excuse for not, you know, checking it to make sure everything's displaying correctly. Or a reason to be writing like 12 paragraphs of backstory that nobody cares about.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Bieeardo posted:

If it's important enough for her to quiz other players on "Did you read my bio? YOU LIAR YOU DIDN'T SAY I LOOK HUMAN YOU PUNY MORTAL", then it's important enough to make sure her roleplay pop quiz learning material fits test sheet standards :colbert:

Oh god, now I'm remembering my friend who took 15 literal goddamned minutes to solve the "Multiple Choice Questions. Answers are inside the same computer as the Questions" Tip. They eventually just resorted to mashing answers till it worked. After I told them "You do it this time, I'm gonna go grab a snack". I come back, and he's still at it. Web browsing, checking up on City every so often in windowed mode... The growing amazement as the minutes ticked by.

Edit: I think the most 'rear end in a top hat' thing I've ever done to who I regularly game with, was when they both made Darkness Controllers/Doms and I was cruising along with my new WM/Regen scrapper faceplanting constantly because, oh hey. They never use their holds on bosses. Ever. They would OCCASIONALLY use their holds on luits, or minions, preferring to spam every single other Darkness power their sub level 20 selves had (Confuse powers? sure! let's confuse a different luit each! :downs:). There are two of them so they should be able to instantly lockdown bosses right?

Well, I worked down the last mob in a Radio mish to just the untouched boss. Then said 'Controller Final exam! Beat the boss without me, go!' and stood back (and since my WM/Regen scrapper holds aggro like a sieve, just standing there made the boss forget about me). They were starting with full health and mostly full endurance bars.

They both died. Yup. One ragequit right after that, and the other revealed the quitting friend had just been on auto-follow with their heal set to auto. But still. I was expecting two, or even one Controllers/Doms to be able to lock down a single boss if that was the only target in the entire room.

I am a terrible person, but use your loving holds goddammit. Or even your immobilize.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 13, 2012

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Time for a break from terrible bios for the best bio. I captured this years ago, I believe on Victory. It's the only one I ever felt compelled to screenshot and save, in eight years of COH.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mind over Matter posted:

Time for a break from terrible bios for the best bio. I captured this years ago, I believe on Victory. It's the only one I ever felt compelled to screenshot and save, in eight years of COH.

Holy poo poo.

Well, that certainly blows my Alcoholic Ex-Bomb squad Fire/Dev Blaster out of the water.

Lost his job because you can't be bomb squad when fire spontaneously shoots from your hands. Can't cope with being a hero because he stops purse snatches by either lightning them on fire, or land mines. But all that pales in comparison to the real tragedy in his life.

He Six Slotted Time Bomb.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, her bio's a magic spell to turn aqueous humors to diarrhea. I was just saying it's strangely easy to forget proofreading when the character count bugs out like that. At least it's not inserting line breaks at weird intervals any more.

Wheeler Undying on the other hand... that's Followed by Ninjas levels of amazing.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Stupid Kismet/Stalker question.

Does Kismet crammed into Hide work as good as I hope, or would the Kismet bonus suppress after you attack or get hit the same way your big rear end AoE defense bonus suppresses?

After getting my Ice/Ice Corr up to 37, I'm having thoughts about silly gimmick/things I have never tried before (with my usual lack of sets beyond a handful of uniques). Today's stupidity, Dual Blades/Regen stalker.

Speaking of, favor "Get all DB powers asap for max combo options", or just ignore Nimble slice forever / get as a late levels novelty? Now that there is a non interuptable Assassin strike option, the AS requiring combos are less bullshit, though still reliant on Build up. (Or is the DoT combo that big a deal? Considering it's the only non Assasin Combo pre lv 32?)

Should I even Bother with Tough if I'm skipping sets? Or is it a case of 'every little bit helps, so hitting 28% smash/lethal resist beats 11%'

EDIT: Jesus, how did anybody ever build Stalkers without going insane pre Inherent Stamina? I vaugly recall I went the path of Combat Jumping + slotted Hurdle on one. Oy. I can't skip a small and big travel power, it's against my nature.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 13, 2012

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

It works like you would hope. While Hide is on, you get the 6% tohit.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Why have I never done this? Pure genius :bravo:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
That penis thing is genius. I can't do it because I revealed all my maps :smithicide:

And I hate future-proofing builds. Even though my new kat/ea brute has a fully functional high end build with permahaste and softcapped everything without taking the parry clone, it bugs me that I will have literally 8 slots sitting doing nothing, or at least not filled with what I want them to be filled with, until i24 rolls out and I can get the new sets. :colbert:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

And I hate future-proofing builds. Even though my new kat/ea brute has a fully functional high end build with permahaste and softcapped everything without taking the parry clone, it bugs me that I will have literally 8 slots sitting doing nothing, or at least not filled with what I want them to be filled with, until i24 rolls out and I can get the new sets. :colbert:
Just respec. :colbert:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I'm not made of money, that'd mean I'd have to sell my Crab spider's never-used 3b bane spider build! :argh:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

I'm not made of money, that'd mean I'd have to sell my Crab spider's never-used 3b bane spider build! :argh:
I mean spec your Kat/EA with slots you can actually use now and just respec it when the new sets drop and you actually own them.

Hold-out slots are about as terrible of an idea as never slotting Stamina because you'll get T4 Ageless eventually.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Bio Armor is going to drop the first week of September, calling it now.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Bio Armor is going to drop the first week of September, calling it now.

And that's when my birthday is. They'd be thinking of me.

I don't think we'll get it then.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
Welp, another week and still no Nature Affinity, Bio Armor, or R/V Super Packs at the market. At this point I'm stumbling to find a reason why none of those three things are available. I have money, Paragon, and I want to give it to you, but I am not paying for costume temp powers or sets I already have.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
My account is about to deactivate for the first time in a long time. I just can't stand waiting for Bio anymore. :smith:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

It's official and on Twitter. Nature next week.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
OH BOY nope don't care, want good set to be released instead.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Shush, I want Nature out ASAP so I get more plant controllers on my teams!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Nature coming out first is the same crap that happened with Staff and Beast Mastery. Pointless dragging out of the set everyone is waiting for. Nature is just another fluff piece for RPers while we wait for good sets to be released. Spend your points, kids, so you're out when Bio Armor drops!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
This is just baffling. Why do they hate money

If I wasn't paid up through the next ice age I'd let my sub lapse until the issue drops. Maybe even longer since the new content, while good, wouldn't last me very long.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
Is there any justifiable reason to hold back on Bio Armor or the Super Packs? They've been in beta for more than a month now and I honestly haven't seen any changes to them recently.

Heck, on live if you go to the Badges/Collectables tab they've got the new Super Pack costume bits listed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Is there any justifiable reason to hold back on Bio Armor or the Super Packs? They've been in beta for more than a month now and I honestly haven't seen any changes to them recently.

Heck, on live if you go to the Badges/Collectables tab they've got the new Super Pack costume bits listed.

Two reasons, afaik. The first being that during Freedom's launch, there was a lot of poo poo up in the store. So much, that apparently a vocal minority cried out that Paragon was putting out more than the VIP monthly stipend could handle. Obviously, it was so that there would be an interesting selection of stuff for new freeloaders players, but a few people at Paragon have adopted that as reasoning. "We don't want to overwhelm players or seem like we're out to get their money," stuff along that line. The second being so that they have a smooth line of poo poo to offer people over the course of however long. If they blew their powerset load all right now, there would be inevitable bitching 3 or 4 months in when there's nothing new to play with for another few months. So, instead, they sit on poo poo to make sure they have stuff for later. Supposedly that also means dry weeks where there's fuckall, like this one, which kind of makes their whole strategy make a lot less sense. That and they won't shut up and take my drat Bio Armor money right now and do some kind of "and then you can get it a little bit early!" deal.

Other market constants:
- they now give 1 week notice for powersets
- SSAs still happen once per month, and usually all on their own
- powerset releases won't occur more than once within a given 30 days, or to coincide with double xp
- marketing is the evildevil

• Locked thread