Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

trotski posted:

Not sure if you're taking Americans, but this is awesome. Sent you an email.

We recruit people from all around the world, as long as you are based in or near London and can do the job :) edit- gonna take the opportunity to post this again seeing as how I've managed to randomly get the first post on a new page :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

London job opportunities for web/perl developers and support engineers ahead.

Hi all, you might have heard that Amazon recently bought lovefilm and have since announced the opening of a development center in London.

I currently work there and I have to say that they are recruiting like mad. There is so much planned for the future (which I can't really talk about in too much detail) across so many areas of development that if you have any technical skills that meet the criteria of any of these jobs, then make sure you send your c.v. to me at bravejadegoody@gmail.com so I can get you in touch with the right people. I am a developer myself and am not responsible for hiring but I am simply putting the word out and can help getting your cv to the right people internally if you are suitable for the job. I would also get a small referral bonus if you eventually got the job. I am declaring that right now just in case it seems shady :)

Be sure to include the url or job title of the position you are applying for.

Look here for a list of jobs, But I can only help you with the applications for ones in London

This could go in the op really because recruitment is ongoing.

Mr Cuddles fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

We are hiring a LOT of people over the next few years, to the tune of 640 perm employees. Average salaries over 100k. Please check https://www.netapp.com

Approx 400 people in our Raleigh/RTP location, and another 200 or so globally.

If you see anything that interestes you, send your resume, and the REQ # to myself via PM or david.seltzer @ google's mail service.com, and I'll gladly put in your referral for you.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Ugh. Why does RTP and Charlotte have to be so far away.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Gothmog1065 posted:

Ugh. Why does RTP and Charlotte have to be so far away.

I'm in Wichita- and this campus will be growing too.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

toplitzin posted:

I'm in Wichita- and this campus will be growing too.

I'm actually in NC, and where I'm out isn't a very good location for Technology. Both RTP and Charlotte are about 2 hours away from me. Now if you move to Greensboro...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Come worth with me!

Where? Sunnyvale, CA
What? Every job on this page http://www.zmanda.com/jobs.html

:siren:Immediate opening:siren: Support Engineer

We are losing a key member of our support team for our enterprise backup software. This opening requires strong Linux/Unix knowledge. It is otherwise identical to this posting: http://www.zmanda.com/jobs.html#Support_Windows

The actual job posting for this position has not been uploaded yet. You can get in on the ground floor. All other jobs are open, but we need a Unix/Linux guy ASAP.

Also, no one cares if you have a degree as long as you know your stuff. Like most companies, the job postings are for some theoretical ideal.

Why? Competitive pay. Benefits. Laid-back work environment. Small company with very little bullshit. And me! Sort of. I'm actually the one and only full-time remote employee in the company, but I do visit the office for a week every couple of months.

None of the positions offered are remote. You'll need to be at the office 9am-5pm (ish) Monday-Friday.

If you're interested in any position, let me know. I'll forward your resume straight to our CEO. I can be reached by forums PM or confusedus at gmail

A goon passed his resume along to me last night. I forwarded it to my CEO today and he responded to me within the hour, saying he planned to reach out to him.

We are hiring at least two people for the immediate Support Engineer position. The others aren't so urgent, but rest assured, we need them too!

This is not a low-level helpdesk analogue
You will be helping mid- to high-level IT professionals in some very large corporations. Our software is used by companies that do everything from building cars to shooting rockets into outer space.

These people are almost always well-trained and capable. Exceptions exist, sure, but if you're the kind of guy that likes to fix weird problems in complicated networks, this is for you.

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 28, 2012

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
edit: Filled

ShadowHawk fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 5, 2012

GoatMonger
Oct 31, 2008
Job seeker

Languages: C#, VB.NET, SQL, JavaScript
Frameworks: ASP.NET MVC, WebForms, JQuery, Entity Framework
What I’m looking for: Full time web development
What I’m not looking for: Help desk / network administration
My Experience: Worked as a web developer for almost 3 years at a major university. Here I’ve developed, deployed and directly supported web applications. I’ve also managed a SharePoint site collection and done some programming with the SharePoint Client Object Model.
Availability: Full time

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

I don't believe I'm going to get an offer for a prospective position I've been after, so I'm posting on here. If that situation somehow changes, I will update accordingly.

My experience: To date, I have over a years' experience of working in educational environments. I am familiar with your typical Windows/OS X/Linux environments and am not afraid of adopting new technology. I unfortunately have minimal networking experience, but can research and learn with proper guidance. Typical software experience (Office, iOS/Android, etc.) and capable of building/taking apart machines. I have an entry-level, self-taught knowledge of programming languages such as Python and Objective-C and other bits and pieces of languages/frameworks such as Java, jQuery, Django, and Twitter Bootstrap. My Github account is available upon request and has a couple small code samples.

What I'm looking for: Optimally T2 support or anything along those lines. Entry-level development positions would be fantastic as another option, if anything is out there.

What I'm NOT looking for: Call center.

Where I live & looking to work Philadelphia. Looking to work in Philadelphia/NYC and their general metropolitan areas. I am open to other locations depending on the job details.

When I can start: Immediately. I presently work part-time, and with the exception of this job which seems less and less likely to happen with each passing day, the prospect of more hours where I presently work is not very likely due to the nature of how they work.

Can be reached via: PM, or leave an e-mail for me to reach you by.

email
Sep 8, 2005

usbsnowcrash posted:

Live in the Atlanta Area?
Know the .Net stack?
Want to work on a top 40 (in terms of traffic) website?

Code you check into our source control today will be in front of millions of visitors tomorrow!

I have 4 openings for my team which focuses on data classification, recomendation systems, search relevancy, internal and external APIs. We work primarly in C# but have a lot of legacy code in VB so be prepared!

Don't want to work with me (who would?), thats OK because we have openings is virtually all of our development groups including our Search team, Site Performance team, Niche Website team, Talent Network team, Resume Database team.

Here are the openings if you want to read more about them: http://cb.com/MFbr8l

Send an email to jeffery.yeary[AT]careerbuilder.com if you are interested in one of them and I will referer you.

We have openings again (lots of them as we are expanding our development teams). I have updated my old post since it is linked from the OP but I also wanted to make a new post in case people miss it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Mar 19, 2014

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Job found.

aksuur fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 17, 2012

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

My company has tossed up a few new positions. We need someone in marketing, developers, and some more support staff.

Not making a new huge post about it, but here's the link again: http://www.zmanda.com/jobs.html

Send me a PM or email me. confusedus at gmail

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

Job Seeker

Location: NJ, willing to locate anywhere in the US. Preferably anywhere warmer. The southwest would be awesome.

Experience: Bachelor's in Computer Science (2010) - exposure to C++, java, and quite a few scripting languages at school. About a year and a half of embedded development experience after finishing my degree. Have also done a few consulting jobs - mainly working with web languages and, separately, VBA for Excel. Some light EE work (basic microcontroller/sensor circuit design).
Platforms: Altera and Xilinx CPLDs, 8 and 32 bit Microchip Microcontrollers, uCOS on Freescale Colfire via Netburner devices, .NET, LAMP, VBA for MS Excel
Languages: VBA, 8 Bit MPASM, C#, C, C++, Java, PHP, VHDL, SQL
What I'm looking for: I'm hoping I can find a job where I can develop in the embedded world. I've enjoyed working with embedded systems at my current company, but a few of our technicians are leaving, which means my work here has basically come to a standstill (management has stopped requesting projects). Salary-wise I'm looking for 55-70k
What I'm NOT looking for: administrative positions, 'enterprise' type software development (though my mind could change on that if projects are well managed.) Web development
When can I start: As soon as possible
Availability: Full time

Colonel Taint fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 8, 2012

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
It's that time again.

Rackspace Hosting is looking for Linux System Administrators in San Antonio, TX.

Rackspace is one of the leading providers of dedicated hosting in the US and abroad, and over the past couple of years has made major advances in cloud hosting, culminating with the opening of our Next Generation Cloud based on OpenStack.

Our System Administrators deal with customers ranging from small businesses with one or two servers to major corporations with thousands of servers and millions of dollars a month in revenue.

Most of the openings are in the Strategic/Enterprise business unit, which deals with the largest customers. Notable Enterprise customers with Linux environments include EA, Lionsgate Entertainment, Sony, Cisco, Harbor Freight, Disney, and Tom's Shoes.

Here are the requirements from the job description:

quote:

The ideal candidate will have the following:

Requires 2+ years Linux principles experience working in a computer technical field
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience, preferred
RHCT certification is required
RHCE preferred
Ability to conduct SW compiling
Excellent knowledge of clustering, My SQL, network fundamentals, and Shell scripting
Understands the OSI model and able to apply this knowledge
Excellent knowledge of Rackspace Products
Excellent understanding of DNS
Knowledge of OM report and ILO

Speaking as someone who didn't meet most of these requirements when I got hired, the hiring managers are much more concerned with your potential ability than with your current knowledge, and are likely to take a chance on you, even if you don't meet all of the requirements, if they are convinced that you will pick it up quickly.

The company culture has been discussed repeatedly in this thread and others, so I won't go into detail. It should suffice to say that you will be expected to give 100% every day, but in return you will be rewarded with an amazingly laid-back, fun-intensive work environment, where there is no dress code, very little bureaucratic bullshit and a lot of entertainment and recreational opportunities.

We are also heavily focused on training and professional development. We have an entire division of the company that does nothing but constantly run training classes for everything from software and OS platforms to soft skills like problem solving, management and leadership skills. There's even a beer brewing class a few times a year that's taught by one of the company founders.

We also run major certification programs, including an annual MCSE/MCITP-SA bootcamp, multiple RHCSA and RHCE courses, and the only RHCA program outside of Red Hat.

All positions are salary and pay is competitive. Level 1 admins can expect to start in low to mid 40s, L2s in the high 40s to low 50s, and L3s mid 50s and up. Shift differentials are available for working second or third shift, and everyone receives profit sharing bonuses targeted at 10% of your salary, paid quarterly.

Benefits include day-1 medical insurance with options from a fully-paid basic plan to higher-end plans with comprehensive coverage at very nice prices. 401k and Roth 401k retirement plans are available, as well as an employee stock purchase plan. New employees earn paid time off at a rate of two weeks per year, in addition to 40 hours of floating holiday time and 24 hours of volunteer time.

Relocation assistance is available, but might vary based on your location and circumstances. I moved to San Antonio from Dallas and received a full pack and move plus a nice lump sum for expenses.

How to apply: PM me or email me at fatman1683 at gmail. I'll try to answer any questions you might have, and if you have the chops I can refer you for a position. This will guarantee that you at least get a call from one of our recruiters.

If you're not a Linux admin but like the idea of working for Rackspace, contact me anyway and I'll see if I can find a position you would be good for. Also check out RackerTalent for job listings and more information about the company and the culture.

edit: I just found this out, we're also hiring Software Developers:

quote:

The ideal candidate will have the following:

Hands on experience developing enterprise web applications in Java, Python, PHP or Ruby.
Experience mentoring and leading junior developers
5+ years experience in object oriented software development
Full understanding of the entire software development life cycle
Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
Experience creating prototypes
Heavy experience working with various API’s
Heavy experience working with web services (REST, SOAP, etc)
Experience working with databases (bonus if MySQL)
Experience with distributed data systems
Previous QA experience

fatman1683 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 9, 2012

peep the tumblr
Jun 26, 2009
Job Seeker - Also posted on the spreadsheet! :buddy:

Location: San Francisco Bay Area (Preferably North Bay/SF, but whatever's fine)

Experience: Bachelors in Computer Science (2012). 5 years of programming/scripting experience. Mostly coursework, along with a handful of small projects done with a bit of my spare time. Developed applications that run on pretty much any platform. Most of my projects involved me going through the whole design flow of an application, like my senior project, which was an iOS app designed from the ground up.

Languages: Extensive knowledge in Objective-C, C#, C++, Java, Python. Fairly knowledgeable with PHP, Javascript, C, x86 assembly, SQL. I'm big on knowing at least a tiny bit of everything, so other stuff that's not on here is likely workable.

What I'm looking for: Software engineering. I can code or learn-to-code in almost anything. Mobile, Back-end, front-end, PCs, Macs, consoles, what have you. I can likely pick it up fairly quickly.

What I'm NOT looking for: 100 hrs/wk. A position that's not entry-level/junior-developer-friendly. I also am not a huge fan of cubicles, but that's not a huge problem.

When can I start: 2~3 weeks from hire

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Fal-Cone posted:

Job Seeker - Also posted on the spreadsheet! :buddy:

Location: San Francisco Bay Area (Preferably North Bay/SF, but whatever's fine)

Experience: Bachelors in Computer Science (2012). 5 years of programming/scripting experience. Mostly coursework, along with a handful of small projects done with a bit of my spare time. Developed applications that run on pretty much any platform. Most of my projects involved me going through the whole design flow of an application, like my senior project, which was an iOS app designed from the ground up.

Languages: Extensive knowledge in Objective-C, C#, C++, Java, Python. Fairly knowledgeable with PHP, Javascript, C, x86 assembly, SQL. I'm big on knowing at least a tiny bit of everything, so other stuff that's not on here is likely workable.

What I'm looking for: Software engineering. I can code or learn-to-code in almost anything. Mobile, Back-end, front-end, PCs, Macs, consoles, what have you. I can likely pick it up fairly quickly.

What I'm NOT looking for: 100 hrs/wk. A position that's not entry-level/junior-developer-friendly. I also am not a huge fan of cubicles, but that's not a huge problem.

When can I start: 2~3 weeks from hire

See my posts in the last couple of pages. We are hiring developers too.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
The Spyder, I'm interested in any jobs relating to robotics and California! Can you share more, or should I just go with the resume submission and cover letter?

Job Seeker (posted more concise in the spreadsheet)

My Experience
Degrees in mechanical engineering and bioengineering; robotics, sensors, microfluidics and tissue engineering, image processing, and Matlab. Depending on the job, typically 3 years experience overall. Couldn't find work so now I'm in Chicago learning Ruby on Rails and having a blast! Turns out I'm a pretty quick learner with it, but my Github needs some cleaning up.

About me
I've done database/OSP work at AT&T, experiment design/sensor/CAD stuff at Scripps, and biomechanics research/FEA/Matlab at Mayo Clinic. Some fun classes in design and reverse engineering and autonomous robotics, too! Due to my bad economy timing my jobs have all been unrelated intern/contract and that left me with background that isn't as deep as HR wants. But I've learned to pick things up pretty fast because of it.

What I'm looking for
A small company where I can grow as a dev or engineer. Or a large company with lots of pair programming. I like the idea of working for equity, I like being challenged, and I like having multiple projects so I can keep learning and doing cool new things.

What I'm not looking for
Corporate 8 to 5 in a cubicle. A job where I feel like a monkey doing the same thing for 8 hours a day for months on end.

Where I live & looking to work
Permanent home is Florida but I'm in Chicago now. I'm single, I don't own much, and I want to change the world, so I am actively seeking employment in any exciting tech city, especially west coast. I would also love to work in another country, but I don't have any visas.

When can I start
Mid-September.

Reach me
Via PM or sutureselfsa@gmail.com

Sutureself fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Aug 12, 2012

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

Sutureself posted:

The Spyder, I'm interested in any jobs relating to robotics and California! Can you share more, or should I just go with the resume submission and cover letter?

Similar interests to me then (woohoo, I got published in an IEEE journal a couple of months ago!)

Anyway, last year I applied for an internship at Bosch's Research and Technology Center in Palo-Alto... but they turned me down. They were looking more for people with Masters or PhDs (and my status a foreigner probably didn't help). See if they let you in (they have full-time positions too): http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/rtc.htm

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
Cool thanks for sharing, and congrats on the publication, that's pretty huge! I have my first pub coming up but it's a crappy review paper in an obscure Slavic journal. Better than the trainwreck that was my MS thesis. I am not built for research.

Quarantini
Aug 9, 2010
Hope this is relevant enough to be in this thread.

In the collective goon experience with jobs in IT how shafted am I going to get with companies running credit checks and finding out that I was a stupid kid who didn't know how to manage his money? My credit score is in the tank and am wondering if I should be prepared to get told "GTFO" when they run a credit check on me.

Life :(

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Quarantini posted:

In the collective goon experience with jobs in IT how shafted am I going to get with companies running credit checks and finding out that I was a stupid kid who didn't know how to manage his money? My credit score is in the tank and am wondering if I should be prepared to get told "GTFO" when they run a credit check on me.

Why the hell would an employer run a credit check on you? They're not giving you a loan it's a drat job.

Background Check != Credit Check

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Background checks often include credit checks, especially if you're going to work at a larger corporation.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I have quite literally never had a company check my credit score for a background check. As far as checking it they also need to ask your permission to do so and credit should be listed under the items they'll be looking at (so read the drat background check form before you sign it).

Edit: Also I believe they're required to give you not only a written notice of "Why we aren't hiring you because of a background check" along with a copy of the report they didn't like. So if you don't get any of those you're ok.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 14, 2012

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Quarantini posted:

How bad is it? Like you declared bankruptcy bad?

rscott posted:

Background checks often include credit checks, especially if you're going to work at a larger corporation.

Yeah, that's standard practice at our company (and it's only around 150 employees), although I have no idea at what point that would mean "no job", as usually that's after an offer has been extended.

Quarantini
Aug 9, 2010

Maneki Neko posted:

How bad is it? Like you declared bankruptcy bad?

Yeah, that's standard practice at our company (and it's only around 150 employees), although I have no idea at what point that would mean "no job", as usually that's after an offer has been extended.

I haven't declared bankruptcy but I have a poo poo ton of hits from debt collectors, credit card settlements, missed payments, etc.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

My experience: 4 years at Penn State for Information Sci/Tech but never finished due to money. Worked as a paid jack of all trades since the age of 16 (currently 26 years old). Primary experience is windows domain environments, group policies, physical layer. Also strong experience in linux server environments and currently am obsessed with learning the security side of the industry.

What I'm looking for: A medium to large company that isn't going to ignore my resume as soon as they see I don't have a degree.
What I'm NOT looking for: A place where I am the only person responsible for tasks. The "on call 24/7/265" thing is killing me.
Where I live: State College Pennsylvania
Where I'm looking: State College PA or Pittsburgh PA
When I can start: 2 weeks notice
Requirements: Full-time or contract-to-hire, free coffee.
Can be reached via: PM or quote reply in this thread

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Unless it's for a position involving money, it's probably not something they'd weigh heavily.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It'd matter for getting a security clearance or possibly being able to hold a position of public trust, as well.

Frag Viper
May 20, 2001

Fuck that shit
My experience: 9 years QA experience (QA Project Management for 5 years) additional info: A+ certified.
What I'm looking for: Full time, non contract work within a QA field, or entry level desktop support.
What I'm NOT looking for: Temporary contract work.
Where I live: Los Angeles
Where I'm looking: Los Angeles, Southern California vicinity.
When I can start: Within 2 weeks of contact/offer.
Requirements: Full time. Benefits would be nice, but not immediately necessary.
Can be reached via: PM, email address will be exchanged via PM in addition to full resume.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Filled.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 18, 2013

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

A credit check is a pretty good poor man's background check -- in most cases people with long-term credit issues also tend to have fundamental honesty, responsibility or substance abuse issues. Or, anecdotally, we've had about 3 people who could not pass credit checks here over the past 3 years and we've had to fire all of them for performance related reasons.

Topsy Kretts
Mar 5, 2007

wwb posted:

A credit check is a pretty good poor man's background check -- in most cases people with long-term credit issues also tend to have fundamental honesty, responsibility or substance abuse issues. Or, anecdotally, we've had about 3 people who could not pass credit checks here over the past 3 years and we've had to fire all of them for performance related reasons.

"People with bad credit have bad credit because they are lazy lying drug addicts".

No way it's the $75,000 of student debt and a collapsing global enonomy, nope, liars and drugs.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

^I mean, student debt doesn't mean you have poor credit. Not paying your loans means you have poor credit.

Yes yes economy is poop and the job market is hard, but whats stopping you from working some minimum wage poo poo job(s) full time to pay your poo poo off until you find a real job.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sab669 posted:

^I mean, student debt doesn't mean you have poor credit. Not paying your loans means you have poor credit.

Yes yes economy is poop and the job market is hard, but whats stopping you from working some minimum wage poo poo job(s) full time to pay your poo poo off until you find a real job.

The until-recently-record-high unemployment?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

As a student whose worked 2 jobs for about half of my degree, I honestly find it a little hard to believe that somewhere out there people couldn't find a job working retail to hold themselves over instead of literally nothing. McDonalds and Walmart is always hiring. Even at bare minimum wage that's enough to pay off a few hundred per month.

I'm not saying that's the case for everyone, maybe I'm just skewed because I wasn't necessarily directly hit (nor even know anyone who lost their job) in the past 5 years.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

wwb posted:

I have bad credit because I managed my money well enough to never need a credit card, and now I can't get a credit card. Because I don't have any credit. :sigh:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
It's pretty simple, there were way more people looking for jobs than there were actual jobs. Even in the best of times there's a couple percent of unemployment because people are always transitioning, but it makes you sound like a real turd when you say "I found a job why can't anybody else" when it comes down to practically basic physics. There were/are vastly more people looking for jobs than there were jobs.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Well, for those with basic computer skills there's always spots for Tier 1 Helpdesk positions on a 4 month contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ursine Asylum posted:

I have bad credit because I managed my money well enough to never need a credit card, and now I can't get a credit card. Because I don't have any credit. :sigh:

That's actually WHY I got a credit card in the first place. I used it once a month to fill up my gas tank when I was 18 and paid it off in full every month. I think I slipped once?