Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Mr. Self Destruct posted:

Despite avoiding all the other poo poo that's been posted I decided I'd give this a look since its just a quick trailer

Is that possibly Ciaran @ 1:13 w/ the double daggers?

That's what I'm thinking, maybe. It's the same person peeling at the end, so I don't think it's Gough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

doomfunk posted:

That's what I'm thinking, maybe. It's the same person peeling at the end, so I don't think it's Gough.

No it isn't. Check out the helmets, Potato Man (absolutely Gough) has three little triangles on each side and Double Daggers (most liikely Ciarin) has a larger, different-shaped hole. Also the armors are totally different.

Mr. Self Destruct
Jan 1, 2008

lary
The DLC cannot come out soon enough. Its hosed up that I'm more excited for some DLC than pretty much any actual game coming out but The Souls is just that goddamned good.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
That trailer was better than any game I've played lately, other than Dark Souls. Please hurry up.

Oh yeah, a friend and I were talking about Evergrace, one of the PS2 launch games designed by From. After seeing what they did with Demons Souls and Dark Souls, you can really see what they were trying to do back then. It's kind of neat.

Country_Blumpkin
Aug 6, 2011

Awesome trailer. That is definitely Gough at the end and it is pretty cool to see he actually has some dialogue.

I wonder who the woman narrator at the beginning is. I'm thinking it's Ciarin. What does the male narrator say though?

"Oolacile has brought the Abyss above [the surface?]"

EDIT: \/ Thats probably it, drat crappy headphones.

Country_Blumpkin fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 14, 2012

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Snoop Rocket posted:

Awesome trailer. That is definitely Gough at the end and it is pretty cool to see he actually has some dialogue.

I wonder who the woman narrator at the beginning is. I'm thinking it's Ciarin. What does the male narrator say though?

Upon themselves?

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Snoop Rocket posted:

EDIT: \/ Thats probably it, drat crappy headphones.

I'm pretty sure the female narrator is Dusk of Oolacile.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
The woman narrator is Dusk of Oolacile. At least it's the same voice actress.

Unbeknowsnt
Jul 12, 2009
^^^ Makes sense. I wonder if Artorias is the reason she ended up in the Golden Golem in the end?

I can't even tell you how long it's been since a game made me :gizz:

:darksouls: wasn't one of those games until I played it.

Now the DLC is coming out and I just can't help myself. :gizz:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Unbeknowsnt posted:

^^^ Makes sense. I wonder if Artorias is the reason she ended up in the Golden Golem in the end?

I always assumed it was Seath because

- the other gold golem with a chick in it is at the archives
- all of Seath's minions are crystallized, except the butterflies
- the hydras and the Picassas (purple monsters in the Archives) seem very similar to me. Snake like features, similar projectiles.
- Assuming you that SOMETHING happened to Dusk, it's not a leap to think that Seath would have been at fault. Which makes him imprisoning Oolacile and stashing some goons in Darkroot make sense.

Electric Slug
Oct 30, 2011
I still think you're gonna end up supermaning her in the past - you lock her away and jettison her from her dying world while it goes to poo and gets eaten by a horrible blackness, then you end up freeing her by sheer, paradox filled coincidence in the future. It's too good of a plot point to pass up!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Gough is already my new favorite of the Four Knights.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Holy poo poo I just watched that trailer and got literal chills.

HOLY poo poo

Unbeknowsnt
Jul 12, 2009

Maremidon posted:

Gough is already my new favorite of the Four Knights.

Artorias (edited out of shame) or get out. :colbert:

Seriously though, this DLC can't come out soon enough. How dare they cater to ungrateful PC gamers before giving their best to their loyal console followers!

For the record, the PC gamers that are constantly whining about the DS PC port kinda makes me wish From would just toss up a middle finger and say "Buy a console".

I'm actually torn between buying the PC version and waiting simply because I want that new content NOW!

EC posted:

Holy poo poo I just watched that trailer and got literal chills.

HOLY poo poo

HOLY poo poo indeed sir.

VVV- I think it's referencing the overall game. Not just the new content.

Unbeknowsnt fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 14, 2012

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Doesn't the trailer show off a fight with Seath? It's probably related to all the Dusk fuckery.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Everyone that has a PC that can play DS should buy it day 1, the invasions are going to be hysterical

Although I've BB glitched so much that I probably suck and will ragequit in the Parish

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Calaveron posted:

Doesn't the trailer show off a fight with Seath? It's probably related to all the Dusk fuckery.

The trailer also has the Hydra, and I'm too busy to check which ones, but I think also a few other bosses from the main game (was Ceaseless in there)? It was a PC trailer, not a DLC trailer so it makes sense they'd show off a little more.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Jsor posted:

The trailer also has the Hydra, and I'm too busy to check which ones, but I think also a few other bosses from the main game (was Ceaseless in there)? It was a PC trailer, not a DLC trailer so it makes sense they'd show off a little more.

That was the fire scorpion monster thing, not ceaseless but yeah they are showing more than just DLC stuff. I thought I saw an undead dragon in there as well.

Unbeknowsnt
Jul 12, 2009

havenwaters posted:

That was the fire scorpion monster thing, not ceaseless but yeah they are showing more than just DLC stuff. I thought I saw an undead dragon in there as well.

You did. If I can rustle up the funds for this, I'm buying the PC port. I have quite a few people picking this up who have no idea what they are doing. I want to convince them to go Human just so I can make my entrance.

Heya buddy! How ya doin? Let me introduce you to my axe! :black101:

LorentzViolator
Sep 6, 2006
Sorry if it has been asked already but is the talking giant at the end the voice of Peter Serafinowicz? I think he said he would like to contribute to one of these games!

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Help me fully pimp out my sorcerer. SL 72 with 40 intelligence and I am about to get the big Hat Logan catalyst/ armor set. I have the moonlight sword and I have twinkling titanite. Will this be able to upgrade this weapon? I feel like I should be using blue titanite to get myself an awesome magical weapon that scales with my stats. Any suggestions?

Edit: This is strange. Casting greater soul arrow with my sorcerers catalyst does 453 damage, and Logan's only 449. Granted Sorcerer's catalyst is at 211 mag. adjust, and Logan's at 209, but Logan's has an S magic stat while the Sorcerer catalyst only has an A. Is the difference between S and A that small or is something else at work here?

Kneel Before Zog fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 14, 2012

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Unbeknowsnt posted:

Astoria or get out. :colbert:

Granted, Artorias is probably the most bad-rear end motherfucker to ever walk the surface of Lordran, but I have to go with the potato-peeling user of the Dragonslayer Greatbow for my personal favorite knight.

Anyway, this trailer sold me on getting the PC edition. I am not waiting until winter to get something this magnificent.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Help me fully pimp out my sorcerer. SL 72 with 40 intelligence and I am about to get the big Hat Logan catalyst/ armor set. I have the moonlight sword and I have twinkling titanite. Will this be able to upgrade this weapon? I feel like I should be using blue titanite to get myself an awesome magical weapon that scales with my stats. Any suggestions?
The Moonlight Greatsword upgrades by Dragon Scales. Assuming you've picked up every stray scale, killed all the hydras, killed all the zombie dragons and traded for one scale with the Asylum crow, you should have enough to bring it to +5, which is its max upgrade level (where it will have S Scaling with intelligence). There's the Forest Hydra, the Zombie dragon in Valley of Drakes, the Zombie Dragon in Painting Land, all the poo poo in Ash Lake (the Hydra drops two and there are a bunch scattered around the grounds), and there's a chest at the bottom of Blighttown behind the bonfire.

Moonlight Greatsword is pretty ridiculously awesome and you don't really need to get a Magic/Enchanted weapon to be cool.

Unbeknowsnt posted:

Astoria or get out. :colbert:
Look at this guy, getting Astora and Artorias mixed up like a day one player.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Are there any other low level gimmick characters who would like to help my SL 1 character with Chaos Witch Quelaag? I'm on PS3 and I'm having a, how should I say, "difficult time." :(

AllisonByProxy fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 14, 2012

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

AllisonByProxy posted:

Are there any other low level gimmick characters who would like to help my SL 1 character with Caos Witch Quelaag? I'm having a, how should I say, "difficult time." :(

360? I've got a SL1 that can help out.

PieThief
Apr 9, 2009
Yer mother'sh a whore, Trebek!

AllisonByProxy posted:

Are there any other low level gimmick characters who would like to help my SL 1 character with Caos Witch Quelaag? I'm having a, how should I say, "difficult time." :(

Have you tried out having Maneater Mildred tank and using a light crossbow? It works out quite well.

Man i loved my crossbow on my SL 1 run. :3:

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Came here to post this, it's glorious. So excited.

AllisonByProxy posted:

I also have a SL1 on 360 that can help out if you want ~two buddies~

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
poo poo, forgot to mention, PS3 here.

Unbeknowsnt
Jul 12, 2009

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Do not use Blue Titanite for a magic weapon. I guess you could use an enchanted one early on. But honestly a +15 weapon with a Magic Weapon sorcery on it is better.

That is if you have a combat stat of Str/Dex to feed the +15. Otherwise the MLGS is your best bet.

Nahxela posted:

Look at this guy, getting Astora and Artorias mixed up like a day one player.

I'm, I'm so ashamed...

Dire
Dec 31, 2007

The Dark Souls Facebook page also got updated with screenshots showing some cool stuff! Linked so people who want to be surprised by this stuff the first time through don't get spoiled.

http://i.imgur.com/lwMOn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MUV1X.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CX385.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xG9bo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/v2tkc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7GxrM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/drpmx.jpg

Oh, and that fourth screenshot? According to the image description, it's... the Darklurker. :ohdear:

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

AllisonByProxy posted:

poo poo, forgot to mention, PS3 here.

I've got a SL1 character that can assist you. add PSN ThreeBomb and we'll arrange something. I have another friend that can probably help too

Orv
May 4, 2011
That fifth screenshot looks like it might be the new PvP arena system they were talking about for PC. Provided that wasn't some kind of fever dream I had.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Edit: This is strange. Casting greater soul arrow with my sorcerers catalyst does 453 damage, and Logan's only 449. Granted Sorcerer's catalyst is at 211 mag. adjust, and Logan's at 209, but Logan's has an S magic stat while the Sorcerer catalyst only has an A. Is the difference between S and A that small or is something else at work here?
I'm going to take a stab at this and say that the base magic adjust for the Sorcerer's catalyst is higher and the scaling difference doesn't fully compensate, but I don't actually know what's up.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I wasn't expecting so much of this being focused on the Abyss, but all the monsters associated with it look absolutely amazing!

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Trap Star posted:

I've got a SL1 character that can assist you. add PSN ThreeBomb and we'll arrange something. I have another friend that can probably help too

I am that friend and I can help. PSN TheNardPuppy

E: SSD at swamp bonfire. I'll leave it there for a few hours.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 14, 2012

Mr. Self Destruct
Jan 1, 2008

lary

Kneel Before Zog posted:

I'm all but certain that those scaling stats only refer to the damage done with the useless melee attack from the catalyst, the only actual thing that affects how effective magic is is the Mag. Adjust stat. You need more intelligence, believe it or not, for Logan's catalyst to be more effective. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is what's up.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
^^^^ What he said. I think Logan's becomes more effective at 44 Intelligence, and before that Sorcerer's/Izalith/Beatrice's catalysts are all equal and will yield best results.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
All you need is 40 int for logan's to be better than the others besides Crystallized.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

What the gently caress are those things in the third screenshot oh god :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliffhanger
Jun 22, 2010

Toiwat posted:

What the gently caress are those things in the third screenshot oh god :wtc:

They have the same look as the projectiles of the "dark magic" screenshot.

• Locked thread