Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I wonder if anyone has tried importing a save from the xbox version into the PC version? They should be compatible, right? It works with Skyrim. I'd love to just pull in my characters from my xbox. No progress wasted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

cat doter posted:

I wonder if anyone has tried importing a save from the xbox version into the PC version? They should be compatible, right? It works with Skyrim. I'd love to just pull in my characters from my xbox. No progress wasted!
This depends on a lot of things, I'd doubt it'll work the same for Dark Souls since GFWL is involved here (they probably use GFWL's API for protecting save data, unlike Skyrim).

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

YOU DEFEATED is way better than the new one, it added to the crazy, everything is just slightly off feeling the entire game had.

I just saw this and I agree, it bums me out way more than it should.

I'm still playing the game though

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gibbed posted:

This depends on a lot of things, I'd doubt it'll work the same for Dark Souls since GFWL is involved here (they probably use GFWL's API for protecting save data, unlike Skyrim).

Considering people were hacking their saves on the xbox version, it seems whatever microsoft does to 'protect' the saves is minimal at best. I'd be curious to try it out though.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Question for anyone who's watched DLC gameplay.

Is it still possible to get the Crown of Dusk and Dusk's spells before entering the DLC areas? I want to know if this will affect my builds.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

oh my god is it really gonna unlock in an hour :f5:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

SixtySix posted:

oh my god is it really gonna unlock in an hour :f5:

Should be more like 15 minutes now.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So tell you what, don't worry about spoiling DLC, since that's part of why this thread is here (so the filthy console plebes don't get spoilers :smaug:), just make sure you clearly indicate you're talking about the DLC.

Silly to try and control Dark Souls spoilers anyway, but please to try to not spoil the first few hours of the game at least.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 23, 2012

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!

voltron lion force posted:

Should be more like 15 minutes now.

Nope, still an hour and 15 minutes left. That's how the steam unlock clock works.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Attention Horse posted:

Nope, still an hour and 15 minutes left. That's how the steam unlock clock works.

What... the... but... Steam you fickle bitch.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cat doter posted:

Considering people were hacking their saves on the xbox version, it seems whatever microsoft does to 'protect' the saves is minimal at best. I'd be curious to try it out though.
GFWL actually has stronger cheat protection than the 360, because they wrongly assume that platform is locked down. Of course, its still not fool proof.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

What... the... but... Steam you fickle bitch.

Seriously? drat that sucks.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

cat doter posted:

360's save protection has been broken for awhile now. I don't think it is for GFWL though. I could be wrong.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

gibbed posted:

360's save protection has been broken for awhile now. I don't think it is for GFWL though. I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing GFWL being completely broken into in Bioshock 2 MP, but who knows what's changed since then.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Rexicon1 posted:

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing GFWL being completely broken into in Bioshock 2 MP, but who knows what's changed since then.
I am explicitly talking about modifying saves here, not cheating in general (memory editing is a whole other ballgame).

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Question about MotionInJoy since I'm sure a lot of people here will be using it. Should I use the "emulate 360 controller" option? Will the game just automatically detect it as such? Looking for the easiest way to use my PS3 controller.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Question about MotionInJoy since I'm sure a lot of people here will be using it. Should I use the "emulate 360 controller" option? Will the game just automatically detect it as such? Looking for the easiest way to use my PS3 controller.

That's the option you want. If the game has native 360 support, it thinks you plugged a 360 controller in and picks it up as such. It'll give the prompts as 360 prompts but if you're used to both controller already you won't even have to think about what button is what.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Yes, that's probably ideal. If you don't do that, you'll have to map everything yourself, and figure out what button 1 is, button 2, etc.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Depends on whether or not the PC version is expecting a 360 controller using xinput, or whether it will accept any old controller. We'll see in five minutes.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

The unlock timer on Steam appears to have disappeared

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Playing!

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
I'm a little bummed that I heard about the fixed resolution and framerate after I already pre-ordered the game in a rush of 'Oh poo poo! Always wanted to play the DS games but never wanted to buy a PS3 just for them!'.

But reading along with this thread and hearing people fawn over the game I'm holding out quite a bit of hope that it'll be worth it.

From Software is one wacky company with completely baffling(Japanese) decisions on how their games work most of the time, but Chromehounds was my favorite 360 experience before it broke despite the flaws... so I guess sometimes it just works.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Oh poo poo I was so wrong

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

ITS loving LIVE

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Filthy Monkey posted:

Depends on whether or not the PC version is expecting a 360 controller using xinput, or whether it will accept any old controller. We'll see in five minutes.
Its a GFWL game, its required to.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Welcome to die!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

The best thing about motionjoy's 360 controller emulation is that you can change around what buttons do what, so if you feel like making it so the B button activates by pressing, R2, you can do that if you want.

Mooks
Apr 18, 2007

Well! What is it!

Praising the Sun furiously right now.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Someone quick as a wink run down to Blighttown and confirm that it doesn't have a frame rate problem anymore.

edit: One thing I hate about my laptop is the specs never line up with posted system requirements. This is a core i5-2410M, can anyone tell me if that's ok?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 24, 2012

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Thank you all for the MotionInJoy advice. I'm ready to die now.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Game is unpacking as I type. Hope to see you all. Gonna make my first guy a Sunbro.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
NOT GONNA DIE :smug:

until I hit the dlc
THEN THE REAL DARK SOULS BEGINS
:unsmigghh:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Well, poo poo. Now I really have to finish my homework.

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
How has nobody asked this? Do we know if they've fixed the pathing issues in the forest that cause the uber soul NPC's to run themselves off the cliff and thus soul farm at an unreasonably fast rate?

If not that is definitely what I'll be doing!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Defghanistan posted:

How has nobody asked this? Do we know if they've fixed the pathing issues in the forest that cause the uber soul NPC's to run themselves off the cliff and thus soul farm at an unreasonably fast rate?

If not that is definitely what I'll be doing!
Who's to say that wasn't intentional?

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious

homeless snail posted:

Who's to say that wasn't intentional?

I guess it seems unintentional when you're able to make 20k souls by standing in one spot and *not* killing things.
Maybe. I don't know.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
JOLLY CO OPERATION~!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I think I'll try a heavy DEX build this time, maybe Hunter. Might be fun to use bows more with a mouse.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
So how are the keyboard controls

also anyone streaming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
quick somebody tell me what to make- my ps3 playthrough was a Chaos Pyro.

I am thinking like, 100% phys STR/STA build but undecided on faction!

• Locked thread