Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2LAOVPv6I

Dark Souls death montage set to butt-rock metal. Y'know, to get you in the mood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Defghanistan posted:

quick somebody tell me what to make- my ps3 playthrough was a Chaos Pyro.

I am thinking like, 100% phys STR/STA build but undecided on faction!

Darkmoon.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
I just started Dark Souls and a DOSBox window popped up. I was making GBS threads myself until I realised I'd accidentally clicked on X-Com instead. The port isn't that bad!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Do you know if any of the big review sites are preparing reviews for this, or is it being ignored?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Now that it's out, has that guy posted his tool to raise the resolution and framerate yet?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Appropriate that a mild thunderstorm should kick up right as I launch it.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
Anyone else having trouble staying connected to GFWL?

e: Nevermind, it just needs to ask for firewall permission constantly.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Hmm, it's not detecting my PS3 controller. I'm using MotionInJoy to emulate a 360 controller and it isn't registering in-game. Anyone know what to do? I can't praise the sun on a keyboard.

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
Oh.

I just now realized what gfwl stands for that you goons have been talking about all thread long.

Damnit!

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Rirse posted:

Now that it's out, has that guy posted his tool to raise the resolution and framerate yet?

Not yet, should be here when he does.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Aww man. my Radeon 7850 is getting some nasty framerate hitches at seemingly random points. C'mon AMD, don't do this to me.

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else get it on GMG? I registered the code they gave me on Steam but it still just says Dark Souls Pre-Order.

Edit: Nevermind, just unlocked. :)

Bastard Man fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 24, 2012

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Is some goon streaming this? I can't play it until tomorrow.

Jazzcactus
May 17, 2004

Rising up from the heat of the desert!
If it doesnt detect your controller try unplugging your keyboard especially if you have one of those big annoying ones. I have a Saitek Eclipse that for some reason is considered a joypad in every version of Windows since it came out a billion years ago. The last game that had the problem was GTA III. Unplugged mine and it saw the 360 controller and I was able to plug it back in. Also check for things installed as game controllers and disable them in the control panel.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.

apophenium posted:

Hmm, it's not detecting my PS3 controller. I'm using MotionInJoy to emulate a 360 controller and it isn't registering in-game. Anyone know what to do? I can't praise the sun on a keyboard.

Yeah, I don't have an OFFICIAL Xbox360 controller and it won't recognize any of the stick inputs. Blah.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
It looks like it might have been trying to use my N64 controller that I had plugged in. That would have been interesting.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Make sure you click the enable button to switch to the xinput profile.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

apophenium posted:

It looks like it might have been trying to use my N64 controller that I had plugged in. That would have been interesting.
You have an N64 controller plugged into your PC.

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
Welp, GFWL is officially ruining this for me- won't update (errors with "Cannot download update") and keeps re-deleting my local profile.

Thanks Microsoft.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Just had my first successful invasion :twisted:

And again hehehe

E: and a third this owns

Q-sixtysix fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 24, 2012

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, gently caress GFWL. My main account was compromised like, months ago, and I dealt with it, but they must've not put it in the NOT-COMPROMISED pile yet. I had to use my alternate account for this, oh well.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I just bought this on GMG a few minutes ago and the email said the keys won't be sent out until the 24th. What happened? :(

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008
I see so many blood stains already.

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
Well, my wired 360 controller isn't working and I'm not the only one: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900018

I am gonna try to unplug my keyboard and try it. Which is ridiculous, but whatever for now.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Ryuga Death posted:

I just bought this on GMG a few minutes ago and the email said the keys won't be sent out until the 24th. What happened? :(

Ran out keys, maybe?
I bought it on Gamersgate (15% IGN discount), got my key instantly, thankfully.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sloth Socks posted:

Well, my wired 360 controller isn't working and I'm not the only one: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900018

I am gonna try to unplug my keyboard and try it. Which is ridiculous, but whatever for now.
Welp, I gotta wait until that is resolved at least, I don't intend to play the game any other way.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Goddamnit Steam says it's available and there's no more countdown but I can't play it and my preorder placeholder is still there. Guess I'm still locked to EST release time.

Curse you Steam

Curse youuuuuuuuu

Belan
May 7, 2007
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41343519&postcount=421

Native 1080p, no more internal rendering shenanigans. Looks nice.

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008
The guy over at neogaf just released his resolution thing. It's here and some comparison shots are here.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

AngryGuy posted:

The guy over at neogaf just released his resolution thing. It's here and some comparison shots are here.

I'd be wary about using this. Maybe I'm being :tinfoil: here but what if they ban people for using different software and stuff?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I'm one of the growing numbers on the steam forums who have the game lock up and kill your computer at the start menu/during the opening movie. It even dropped a BSOD on me, it's like the good old days.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Bobnumerotres posted:

I'd be wary about using this. Maybe I'm being :tinfoil: here but what if they ban people for using different software and stuff?

I don't think you have much to worry about.
The paranoia would probably be justified if it was a competitive PvP game, like CoD or something, but not with this.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

I wouldn't be worried; it's more or less the equivalent of using something like a FXAA or SMAA injector. Same file and everything!

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

Even Blizzard doesn't ban people for using custom shaders in Diablo 3. They don't allow you to cheat.

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
Did anyone else have router issues with patching GFWL? I disabled windows firewall and that definitely wasn't it so now I need to hop on my router but I know for a fact UPNP is enabled, so uhhh

?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Gazaar posted:

I'm one of the growing numbers on the steam forums who have the game lock up and kill your computer at the start menu/during the opening movie. It even dropped a BSOD on me, it's like the good old days.

I'm just having some fun 20 fps issues on my 7850. Someone else I know who is playing with a 6850 has rock solid 30 fps and just got to firelink.

I need to see which drivers he is using.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Wow the framerate is loving terrible. Classic Japanese PC port, well done guys.

Edit: it's got all the hallmarks: terrible options, can't remap gamepad buttons, poor framerate and resolution, crappy online system (GFWL, really?). It's even harder to see anything than in the console version because it's way darker even with the brightness at 10. This is amazing.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 24, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How can you get the keyboard prompts to appear? I unplugged the 360 controller and yet the icons are still showing them and also having my mouse cursor appear on screen.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sheep posted:

Wow the framerate is loving terrible. Classic Japanese PC port, well done guys.

Please tell me more about that major game that-on day one-ran smoothly across all PC combinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Charlie Brown posted:

I don't think you have much to worry about.
The paranoia would probably be justified if it was a competitive PvP game, like CoD or something, but not with this.

Dark Souls is a competitive PvP game. :c00lbert: Actually I do almost nothing but co-op

But yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. Loads of people used modified DLLs for single/multiplayer games on Steam before, and I can't think of anyone getting banned for it. I mean, a huge chunk of the people on these forums had to use those exact same kind of files to get Rage to run well when it launched.

• Locked thread