Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Why are models displayed in such an :effort: fashion at events or toy fairs or whatever? It's like, gently caress it, just stick that poo poo on an action base and make it look like you don't even give a poo poo about how it's displayed.

The RG Zeta reminds me of how I need to pick up the MK-II. I'll probably just get them both at the same time now. If the Zeta doesn't turn out to be a horrible mess, I'd like to see what they'd try after. I suppose they have to be reasonably confident that it isn't poo poo, right? Or else they wouldn't be releasing it. But then again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Dr. Wang posted:

Why are models displayed in such an :effort: fashion at events or toy fairs or whatever? It's like, gently caress it, just stick that poo poo on an action base and make it look like you don't even give a poo poo about how it's displayed.

The RG Zeta reminds me of how I need to pick up the MK-II. I'll probably just get them both at the same time now. If the Zeta doesn't turn out to be a horrible mess, I'd like to see what they'd try after. I suppose they have to be reasonably confident that it isn't poo poo, right? Or else they wouldn't be releasing it. But then again...

Well, honestly, doesn't making a Zeta model essentially equal printing money for Bandai?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Dr. Wang posted:

I suppose they have to be reasonably confident that it isn't poo poo, right? Or else they wouldn't be releasing it. But then again...

The first MG Zeta was a wobbly pile of parts that should never have shipped. Not saying the RG will be a similar clusterfuck, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
That's what I was alluding to to. I bought the original MG Zeta at a hobby store over a decade ago. I think I was 11 or 12 then and that poo poo was marked up to $80. I think it was my first Master Grade. It pissed my parents off when they found out how much I spent and it was such a turd that I never bought another 1/100 model. Until I bought the MG Ramba Ral's Zaku I from the same hobby store, six years later. For $75. :ughh:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
amiami just put up a bunch of insanely rares item in their pre-owned section

If you want to resell anything to feed your crack (gundam) addiction, these are the items to buy
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-02909-R003&page=top
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-02905-R002&page=top
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-02907-R001&page=top
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-02908-R001&page=top
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-02906-R002&page=top

If you dont want to drop that kind of money, any of the cheerful japan items are sure things.

Everything I got preowned from amiami seems to be damaged box goods, except that i can never find any damages.

I already bought the k-on set over a year ago and it was disgusting how much i resold them for.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Burn everything:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where can i buy titties for my 00?

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
Work in progress:

Finished:

Excuse the poor posing, I'll make a good hangar pose tomorrow since I'm too tired today.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bimmi posted:

Burn everything:

Allenby, those are supposed to go on you, not the Gundam. :v:

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I thought the additional fuel tanks tended to be attached to the back?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Fauxtool posted:

where can i buy titties for my 00?

Rotate the GN drives forwards.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Oh Snapalope posted:

Work in progress:

Finished:

Excuse the poor posing, I'll make a good hangar pose tomorrow since I'm too tired today.

The MG Mk.2 is one of my favourite builds, just everything about it was great, even the tubing despite having to cut it myself. Just a really solid kit all round.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Bimmi posted:

Burn everything:

Is this the next Dimension Diver kit? It looks weird enough to be one of their's.

Whirblewind
Aug 10, 2012
About a month until MG Buster comes out and still no color shots. The updated prototype at GFT is still white.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Liger Zero here
Still working on panel lining. Some of the areas i want to reach are really deep and my gundam marker wont fit. Would I use an ink or something to line deep cracks?

I'm really happy with the build quality of the model. Its very sturdy and feels more like a toy than a display piece. Very posable and and simple to build. Easier than a MG gundam, but a few more pieces.
It's quite big, the gundam in the background is a RG.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 19, 2012

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Oh man, Zoids models bring me back. When I was little my dad would always bring one back for me whenever he went to Minnesota for business. I wish I would've taken better care of those things...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Fauxtool posted:

I'm really happy with the build quality of the model. Its very sturdy and feels more like a toy than a display piece. Very posable and and simple to build. Easier than a MG gundam, but a few more pieces.
It's quite big, the gundam in the background is a RG.

Would you say it's worth it to get the add-on packs for the alternate forms, or would not buying the full kits come back to bite me in the rear end later?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

404GoonNotFound posted:

Would you say it's worth it to get the add-on packs for the alternate forms, or would not buying the full kits come back to bite me in the rear end later?

You dont need to rush any purchases, they have re-released the zero 3 or 4 times now and the armor kits have all been re-released at least once. i would jump on the non-liger kits quick though, they dont seem to re-release them.

I dont see myself changing the armor all the time, so I also bought the panzer, schnieder and jager full kits

the full kits do not come with the white armor needed build the base liger zero.

I have an extra schnieder only kit i am trying to sell. Its already built so I am okay with selling for real cheap.
15.00 shipped anyone?

i hope they make the elephander kit next. Its gonna be huge!

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 19, 2012

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Fauxtool posted:

You dont need to rush any purchases, they have re-released the zero 3 or 4 times now and the armor kits have all been re-released at least once. i would jump on the non-liger kits quick though, they dont seem to re-release them.

Well I'm not really into Zoids at all, so if I got anything it would probably only be the four Liger Zero forms.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is no better liger zero than the panzer. Something about being covered in so many guns that it has to blow the armor off after use or overheat is right up my alley.

Whirblewind
Aug 10, 2012
HG Byarlant Mothertrucking Custom. Finally, hell may freeze over.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2012/08/hguc-1144-byarlant-custom-announced.html
MG Dark Hound.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2012/08/mg-1100-age-2-dark-hound-announced.html
MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2012/08/mg-1100-rx-93-v-gundam-ver-ka.html

It's like Gunpla Christmas.

Also, note the price on the Nu. It's gonna be a big, expensive kit.

Whirblewind fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 22, 2012

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Whirblewind posted:

HG Byarlant Mothertrucking Custom. Finally, hell may freeze over.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2012/08/hguc-1144-byarlant-custom-announced.html
MG Dark Hound.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2012/08/mg-1100-age-2-dark-hound-announced.html
MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2012/08/mg-1100-rx-93-v-gundam-ver-ka.html

It's like Gunpla Christmas.

Also, note the price on the Nu. It's gonna be a big, expensive kit.

Why does the MG Dark Hound look white in that pic?

Also, that Nu Gundam ver. ka is going to sell out ridiculously fast, high price or not.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
There is no emoticon potent enough to express what I'm feeling right now. My nipples could cut glass.

Diospace
Apr 27, 2012
Here i come. MG Nu Gundam ver. ka.I had Been waiting for so long! Completely new model or still the old one?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Ver. Ka usually means it's a completely new mold based on Katoki's modified lineart. I've said my piece about my feelings towards Katoki redesigns a thousand times, so I'm going to spare this thread. Suffice to say I'm not a fan, but even so, I'm actually mildly interested in seeing how it turns out.

HGUC Byralant Custom, though, may be a must-buy, even if it too is basically a Ver. Ka redesign.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

glad to see I'll have a mg nu without a stupidly oversized head.

Also please PLEASE Be better then the MG hi-nu.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What was wrong with the MG Hi-Nu? Aside from being a winged Gundam in the UC, I mean.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Phy posted:

What was wrong with the MG Hi-Nu? Aside from being a winged Gundam in the UC, I mean.

Horrible proportions.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
We should speak no more of the MG Hi-Nu, it will only end in tears.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

So I bought some SRW models off HobbySearch, almost entirely because they were the only people I could find with Rein Weissritter.

Now I get the invoice, and guess what is somehow sold out? *sigh*

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

quote:

RG 1/144 Z Gundam (Release Date: Nov 2012, Price: 3000 yen)

The first RG to break the standard price. Maybe that 500 yen went towards a stable transformation?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Horrible proportions.

Well, good to know that I should avoid it, I was actually considering buying it.

But between the new SEED models coming out and the Dark Hound? My fingertips are going to be rubbed raw for the rest of the year.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

A better picture showing off Nu ver. ka's lineart.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The MG Nu was sorely in need of an update, but why did it have to be this loving thing? Way to take a clean, elegant design and turn it into an overly-kibbled visual trainwreck, guys, wonderful goddamn job.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Bimmi posted:

The MG Nu was sorely in need of an update, but why did it have to be this loving thing? Way to take a clean, elegant design and turn it into an overly-kibbled visual trainwreck, guys, wonderful goddamn job.

Holding judgment until at least the prototype, but two words: Ver. Ka. Expect images of the final product to be cluttered with warning decals and extraneous stripes.

Now if they'd release a Version Izubuchi line I'd buy every every single figure and kit.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bimmi posted:

I like it? :(

It actually reminds me of the Evolve version of the Nu Gundam.

Whirblewind
Aug 10, 2012
It looks fantastic, and it doesn't have Katoki's ridiculously long legs. That was them trying to please the idiots always crying about Katoki's proportions. Well, you got an inch; don't ask for a mile.

Especially love the calves and skirt. Those were big, long, bland areas that always bothered me and the panel lines added on those spots did wonders.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Whirblewind posted:

It looks fantastic, and it doesn't have Katoki's ridiculously long legs. That was them trying to please the idiots always crying about Katoki's proportions. Well, you got an inch; don't ask for a mile.

Especially love the calves and skirt. Those were big, long, bland areas that always bothered me and the panel lines added on those spots did wonders.

Actually, if there's any mobile suit design that should have long legs, it's the Nu Gundam.

My personal problem with Katoki's redesigns aren't really as much about the proportions themselves but what those proportions do to the designs overall: they homogenize them. I like to think many of the original designs and linearts have a lot of character to them, but when Katoki redesigns them, he does so in a way that takes away from some of the uniqueness and individuality that the originals have in order to make them fit some kind of standard model. It basically makes them feel more generic, at least in my opinion.

Now, in some cases this is fine. I'm actually okay with it in the Gundam Unicorn OVA for example because it allows for dozens of different designs from several different artists to coexist in a single animated feature and actually seem like they belong together on screen. But going back to my earlier point, I don't really have the inclination to go out and buy Ver. Ka kits or figures because I feel like the original designs have more heart and soul in them than their Ver. Ka counterparts.

Plus he likes to clutter up otherwise clean designs with tons of unnecessary panel lines, warning stickers, and decals.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 24, 2012

Whirblewind
Aug 10, 2012

Mecha Gojira posted:

My personal problem with Katoki's redesigns aren't really as much about the proportions themselves but what those proportions do to the designs overall: they homogenize them. I like to think many of the original designs and linearts have a lot of character to them, but when Katoki redesigns them, he does so in a way that takes away from some of the uniqueness and individuality that the originals have in order to make them fit some kind of standard model. It basically makes them feel more generic, at least in my opinion.

Hmm, I never really considered the homogenization before. I don't agree that it's a problem, but I see where you're coming from and why it would bother you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mecha Gojira posted:

Holding judgment until at least the prototype, but two words: Ver. Ka. Expect images of the final product to be cluttered with warning decals and extraneous stripes.

We're allowed to not put them on, aren't we?

• Locked thread