Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
The bike races are kind of irritating because you can come to a dead stop and get stuck facing a wall if you so much as brush an ant's toenail, but the AI will recover instantly from all wrecks and probably come zooming past at the last second after hanging back the whole race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dahlis
Oct 26, 2005

Demolitions Expert
Sorry if it's already been answered but why can't I change the advanced graph settings? It just keeps flipping back to the default value. This is karma punishing me for buying this game from a shady hongkong version of green man gaming.

Game runs fine, but I need me some custom settin's.

Ravana
Jan 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

tooooooo bad posted:

That's entirely a personal problem :colbert:

Not seeing a problem in this at all. It's a glorious feature.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

So uh... turns out I'm really good at this game.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Just beat the game, I enjoyed it, but I don't think I'll be keeping it a round for any DLC that may or may not come out for it.

Good game to pass the time while I've been off work sick.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

BattleCake posted:

So uh... turns out I'm really good at this game.

At first I thought that was a reflection in the wet road, the I thought that reflection was angled all wrong, then I realized it was simply two cars mating.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Why don't you have a pork bun in your hand?!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've never had a pork bun, though I've always wanted to try one after seeing them in countless movies and things. I don't even know where I'd get one round here. :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I accidentally called the Valet to send along my Bismarck while I was biking around, and it turns out that the Valet trying to deliver your car while you are both going full speed down a freeway is very similar to the Valet trying to run you off the road.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Davoren posted:

I've never had a pork bun, though I've always wanted to try one after seeing them in countless movies and things. I don't even know where I'd get one round here. :(
They really are the best. Just made a dozen of them for lunch today. Easier to find at a supermarket (frozen) if you're in Canada, dunno about in the States that isn't California though.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Davoren posted:

You've not really a man :colbert:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Sober posted:

They really are the best. Just made a dozen of them for lunch today. Easier to find at a supermarket (frozen) if you're in Canada, dunno about in the States that isn't California though.
I once discovered a crappy chinese buffet in Philadelphia that had pork buns. My life since then has been a quest to find them again.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Good ol' murder point above the freeway is a fun spot to get cars in interesting positions.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
So, I was in a moderately fast car, the Enforcer I think, and came upon a man on a bike. I rammed him, and he went flying.

15 seconds of hangtime, why the gently caress does the game not track this?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Davoren posted:

You can make your own, they're not the most complicated things. Google some Baozi recipes, or one of the dozen different variations. I'm partial to the ones with hardboiled egg in them. So good.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Casnorf posted:

I once discovered a crappy chinese buffet in Philadelphia that had pork buns. My life since then has been a quest to find them again.

Crappy Chinese Buffets are so crappy, and yet so good. You're eating it going "Ugh, why am I eating this?", but those chicken balls and wonton soup are calling your name. You go to the bathroom that doesn't look like it was cleaned since the building was constructed, and you think "gently caress, why am I here?". But you head back to your seat and on the way you see a young boy about 11 refilling the steam tray with a giant pile of salty, peppery shrimp, and you walk that much faster to get your plate and get back to the buffet.

You get home and have the worlds most magnificent dump, all while sweating pure MSG. Later as you drift off to sleep, your partner says "Hey hon, where should we eat tomorrow?". You silently roll over, lock eyes, and you both realize that visions of greasy little sesame pork balls are dancing in front of you.

They've got you, and there's no getting away.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Casnorf posted:

If the signs ingame are to be believed, the ones you buy from vendors are usually these, they are of the fried variety. There is also a BBQ pork bun that some of the ambient NPCs sometimes bring up, but that is steamed (or baked). The latter you probably have to find a bakery (only the baked variety) and the steamed you are better off finding a dim sum place.

Also now I am very hungry.

edit: ^^^ Chinese buffets, even the good ones in Toronto can't match real Cantonese cuisine from even a relatively decent restaurant. Then again, I suppose it's not fair that Chinese buffets serve Chinese-(North)American food instead. Most of it I don't really like.

Sober fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 24, 2012

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
A man who never had pork buns is never a whole man.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just met Sonny and holy crap, I want to beat his face in ten times over.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why is it that when I get to high speeds in this game, the camera becomes really stiff and doesn't move fluidly at all? It gets pretty awkward, and that seems weird for a game that otherwise has a decent amount of polish.

Also, I'm still full from dinner but now I'm craving Chinese :munch:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

Just met Sonny and holy crap, I want to beat his face in ten times over.

I swear every goddamn line out of his mouth makes me want to punch him....probably because every single line out of his goddamn mouth is "Hey, you want to gently caress a starlet?" I'm not even kidding. If Wei asks him a question, he'll find a way to make his response include something about loving women.

He's like a parrot that only learned foul words.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wei is a slob. Clean your drat toilet man. Or at least flush it. It's just yellow. And don't take two drinks of that energy drink from the fridge then just throw it down in the kitchen. The hell is wrong with you?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I want the menu music as my ringtone, help please.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Speedball posted:

I swear every goddamn line out of his mouth makes me want to punch him....probably because every single line out of his goddamn mouth is "Hey, you want to gently caress a starlet?" I'm not even kidding. If Wei asks him a question, he'll find a way to make his response include something about loving women.

He's like a parrot that only learned foul words.

BIG AMERICAN TITTIES, NICO?

I ordered this game almost a week ago from an ecrater store and haven't gotten any shipping notification... I hope I didn't get ripped off :cry:

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I hate this game. Because it is late, and I am hungry. I wish Harris Teeter carried premade chinese food

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The role of Wei Shen will now be played by Johnny Gat.

SAINTS ROW, BITCHES.

Hinora
Mar 1, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

The role of Wei Shen will now be played by Johnny Gat.

SAINTS ROW, BITCHES.

Yessss. God drat this image sums up what I love about this game.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

dahlis posted:

Sorry if it's already been answered but why can't I change the advanced graph settings? It just keeps flipping back to the default value. This is karma punishing me for buying this game from a shady hongkong version of green man gaming.

Game runs fine, but I need me some custom settin's.

If you set the graphics level in the main menu to something other than "custom", it will always return to those pre-defined settings. Make sure it's custom and your settings should stick.

Also make sure your game is up to date (v1.4). There was a bug in the earlier versions, so sometimes the game wouldn't save the settings properly.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
How do I stuff people in trunks?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Grab them, walk up to the back of a car (doesn't work on all cars, but most of them should be fine) and wiggle around until the option to stuff them in the trunk using the grab key appears (you can't miss the message). The same thing works for smacking someone's head with a car door.

Dave Mustard
Jan 23, 2007
Let me introduce myself, I'm a social disease.
I wish the random groups of thugs you find around the city were bigger. Sometimes I just want to go on rear end kicking sprees for no reason and I need more than 3 guys to beat on. Drug busts are nice but once you've kicked all those guys asses they're gone. Fight Clubs are pretty cool but I'd really just love to look for gangs to take on while cruising on my motorcycle. Even better if they were totally randomized weapon/enemy type wise.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

That....was a pretty satisfying conclusion. I think I'll just knock out the rest of the content here and there, maybe platinum it if it's not too tough to get the last thing I'm missing.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Dave Mustard posted:

I wish the random groups of thugs you find around the city were bigger. Sometimes I just want to go on rear end kicking sprees for no reason and I need more than 3 guys to beat on. Drug busts are nice but once you've kicked all those guys asses they're gone. Fight Clubs are pretty cool but I'd really just love to look for gangs to take on while cruising on my motorcycle. Even better if they were totally randomized weapon/enemy type wise.

Crossing my fingers and hoping Gibbed can do something about this. Beating up dudes has never been this fun.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!

junan_paalla posted:

Crossing my fingers and hoping Gibbed can do something about this. Beating up dudes has never been this fun.

I want a never-ending survival mode. Just Wei Shen versus hundreds of enemies, Matrix Reloaded-style.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
How the hell do you get to the health shrine on top of one of the boats in Aberdeen?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oceanbound posted:

How the hell do you get to the health shrine on top of one of the boats in Aberdeen?

Oh, I remember the one you're talking about. I think I had to do a diagonal leap from one of the other boats.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Speedball posted:

That....was a pretty satisfying conclusion. I think I'll just knock out the rest of the content here and there, maybe platinum it if it's not too tough to get the last thing I'm missing.

This is the easiest game in the world to 100%. The only thing that's giving me trouble is topping off my triad level, which I can only do by replaying missions and trying to score higher.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
What do "witnesses" do? Occasionally, when I have an accident, a bunch of them pop up on the mini-map, but then disappear.

Also, what reference is the "Hog Pen Row" outfit?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Speedball posted:

Oh, I remember the one you're talking about. I think I had to do a diagonal leap from one of the other boats.

Huh yeah that did it. I tried a bunch of times before but never managed to reach the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

nickmeister posted:

What do "witnesses" do? Occasionally, when I have an accident, a bunch of them pop up on the mini-map, but then disappear.

Also, what reference is the "Hog Pen Row" outfit?

Nothing unless one of those witnesses in the radius is a cop.

• Locked thread