Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seer235
May 13, 2011

Timeline:

I always thought New Londo getting flooded was before the whole Oolacile thing. Yknow, Artorias turning his sword cursed so he could fight the denizens there. Oolacile was just where he met his end.

Of course they both happened after Gwyn linked the flames and hollowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Shima Honnou posted:

Artorias, of course, became corrupted and died during the first Abyssal invasion, in Oolacile. This is almost certainly why he wasn't there for New Londo to try to fight them off there. The problem with that? His true greatsword says otherwise, that he hunted the Darkwraiths. Here, we run into a plothole - Artorias more than likely couldn't have been there for the New Londo invasion, yet his sword says otherwise, although I wouldn't put it past From to misdirect using item descriptions. Given that Ciaran and Gough are both in Oolacile, I have my doubts that Artorias was transported back in time by the Abyss of New Londo. So, here we stand, at an impasse.

It's also possible that because there's time shenanigans going on outside of the abyss in New Londo via the lordvessel, Artorias hunted the darkwraiths in Ne Londo before it was flooded, then Oolacile, etc. He could also have eradicated the darkwraiths in Oolacile before we get there, which is why we don't see any. Then Manus corrupts him and everything goes to poo poo.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The numbers for Divine and Occult are the percentage multiplier. Some weapons have like, 140 Divine which means they do 40% extra to skeletons.

Lightning is made from a Normal +10 so it's actually equivalent to about Fire+6 I think. A lightning +5 and Fire+10 should do about the same, the only difference should be resistances.

Ahh, ok! So Divine/Occult weapons that you make are physical and magic damage that do 10% bonus damage when used against a thing that is weak to them. Now it makes sense why they are down with Bleed and Poison, thanks!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

For reference, I just did Anor Londo. What's a good place to farm souls besides the stairs in Darkroot Gardens? That one is so boring. :(

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

VisAbsoluta posted:

For reference, I just did Anor Londo. What's a good place to farm souls besides the stairs in Darkroot Gardens? That one is so boring. :(

Phalanx in the Painted World.

Sunbro it up to kill O+S many times.

Darkmoon/Darkwraith.

Lagos
Mar 17, 2004

Hates Loud Noise
Anyone with SL between 17 and 43 inclusive available to help with O+S? Second bonfire soul sign would be great, but I can run back to the stairs at the start too.

My GFWL tag is Leriin.

EDIT: Filled! Thanks.

Lagos fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 3, 2012

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Where is O+S, anyway? I'm SL30 right now and venturing into the Depths for the first time so if it's nearby I could lend a hand.

Can I even help if I've never fought them before?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
To the gents above, I tossed down my sunbro sign in front of the fog door.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Kaubocks posted:

Where is O+S, anyway? I'm SL30 right now and venturing into the Depths for the first time so if it's nearby I could lend a hand.

Can I even help if I've never fought them before?
It's a bit out of your way, in an area you don't have access to yet. So unfortunately, no.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I've done:

Valley of Drakes
Great Hollow
Painted Land
Ash Lake
Catacombs
Tomb of Giants
Undead burg/parish/asylum
Sen's Fortress
Anor Londo
New Londo
Blighttown
Depths
Demon Ruins
The Abyss

I have the lordvessel but I have only killed Four Kings. Where do I go next?

I heard something about Soltaire dying if I don't do something right, is there a way to save him, then kill him for his armor after?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 3, 2012

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Let me vent for a second here:

gently caress you infinite motherfucking ghosts with 3 thousand feet reach who loving hide inside loving walls while I hit the motherfucking concrete like a loving retard in the loving New Londo Ruins that has no loving bonfires. gently caress.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So I've done:

Valley of Drakes
Great Hollow
Painted Land
Ash Lake
Catacombs
Tomb of Giants
Undead burg/parish/asylum
Sen's Fortress
Anor Londo
New Londo
Blighttown
Depths
Demon Ruins
The Abyss

Have you placed the Lordvessel yet?

If you haven't, do that. Then go back to the Tomb of the Giants to kill Nito, and go through the Demon Ruins again to access Lost Izalith and kill the Bed of Chaos.

The last of the four souls you need to fill the Lordvessel is held by Seath the Scaleless, who is in the Duke's Archives, which you reach from Anor Londo.

To access the DLC content (which is all optional, by the way), kill the Hydra, save and reload, go past where the Hydra was and around a corner to find a golden golem. Kill it to free Dusk. Next, go to the Duke's Archives and kill the first Crystal Golem you see. Then go back to where you freed Dusk when you're ready.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VisAbsoluta posted:

Let me vent for a second here:

gently caress you infinite motherfucking ghosts with 3 thousand feet reach who loving hide inside loving walls while I hit the motherfucking concrete like a loving retard in the loving New Londo Ruins that has no loving bonfires. gently caress.
Two-hand your weapons, it will make it more likely that the blade will go through the wall and hit them. I recommend halberds as the ultimate ghostbusting weapon, use the heavy attack.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I heard something about Soltaire dying if I don't do something right, is there a way to save him, then kill him for his armor after?

i think people might not want to know about that event I dunno I'm just saying, maybe don't be a shithead

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Verviticus posted:

i think people might not want to know about that event I dunno I'm just saying, maybe don't be a shithead

Uh, I'd want to know, because he's my bro, we're boss killing bros >:[

Also, is there a way to still use kampt, while signing up for the other covenant from the other snake?

Lagos
Mar 17, 2004

Hates Loud Noise
Thanks to The Baby Feast for helping me with O+S. First time I did O first. We'll see how Fat Armour works out.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Uh, I'd want to know...

However, you did just spoil it for me

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Uh, I'd want to know, because he's my bro, we're boss killing bros >:[

Also, is there a way to still use kampt, while signing up for the other covenant from the other snake?
Uh, you can save him, I guess, but if you're going to kill him, I don't know what the point is

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
How hard is it to infect invadees with the egghead attack? I have a wonderful idea of introducing newbies to friends from Blighttown.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Nahxela posted:

Uh, you can save him, I guess, but if you're going to kill him, I don't know what the point is

There can be only one, and the winner must wear the skin of the loser. It is Dark Souls Law.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

However, you did just spoil it for me

I'll say this when it happens its a lovely surprise and you'd never know it was going to happen apart from looking it up on a wiki.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm not generally someone who gets upset about plot spoilers I just think it's dickish to assume everyone is okay with it or knows already.

Country_Blumpkin
Aug 6, 2011

Ignimbrite posted:

It's also possible that because there's time shenanigans going on outside of the abyss in New Londo via the lordvessel, Artorias hunted the darkwraiths in Ne Londo before it was flooded, then Oolacile, etc. He could also have eradicated the darkwraiths in Oolacile before we get there, which is why we don't see any. Then Manus corrupts him and everything goes to poo poo.

I was thinking that maybe he went to Oolacile first, then after he was corrupted and killed, Gwyn or whoever made the call just said "gently caress it, flood the place"

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I think Artorias just hunted the Darkwraiths back when they were just Kaathe's little cult and after he got taken by the Abyss the Darkwraiths got out of hand and led to New Londo's downfall. The way Ingward talks about Artorias it seems like he's never met or seen him so he probably was never at New Londo.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
(Chaos Servant Spoilers) Just watched my head turn into an egg. Holy poo poo I need a shower now. :gonk:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You should try to kick and see what happens

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Anyone want to help me murder Kalameet? I've got the tail, just having trouble getting hits in by myself. SL: 67

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Snoop Rocket posted:

I was thinking that maybe he went to Oolacile first, then after he was corrupted and killed, Gwyn or whoever made the call just said "gently caress it, flood the place"

Gwyn was most likely already in the Kiln by the time New Londo was flooded.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Started a bandit, and in 15 minutes I was a Gravelord with a +2 estus and the black knight halberd.

Basically I modeled this run off one I saw where you rushdown new londo for the firekeeper soul, homeward, rush down to nito, become a gravelord and homeward out, go down to new londo again, go out the valley of drakes exit, run past them, go up into Darkroot Basin, pop as many humanity as you have to kill the black knight just outside the bonfire (4 seems to be a high, high chance) to get his halberd, then go up from the basin into the parish by Andre.

It's an amazing, scary run, but it works really well and sets you up hard.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

McTimmy posted:

Gwyn was most likely already in the Kiln by the time New Londo was flooded.

Well he did say "or whoever". Ornstein or Gwyndolin or Ingward or someone made the call, it doesn't really matter.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Fun little invasion in Ooacile, it happened while I was under the shortcut elevator to the bonfire, so I went up and as I got off the lift, the invader activated it and went down on his lonesome. So obviously there was only one thing I could. I waited until I heard the vibrations of the lift and leapt in on top of him, getting a plunging strike in. Somehow in all the chaos the elevator started going down again, and after a rabid mashing of the attack button I saw the guy careening into the darkness after being hurled off the lift. Maybe not the best way to win, but I'll take it.

And yeah I got spoiled on the same thing Fergus had spoiled for him when I was looking up that one shortcut and the sunlight maggot. Sieg and Laurentius were dead so I figured I may as well save SOMEONE considering how gleefully this game enjoys offing NPCs for no real reason. New Game + though, guy is dead and that armor is mine.

Are you supposed to fight Kalameet before Manus? I'm at the bottom of the Abyss, but haven't had any opportunity to fight the dragon aside from when he was making GBS threads darkness everywhere in the Royal Wood.

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do
Anyone wanna coop some Gargoyles? I think i need to help one more person before i can sunbro it up, sign is right by the stairs in the church by the elevator, SL 22.

Been here going on half an hour without a summon :(.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Perfect Potato posted:

Are you supposed to fight Kalameet before Manus? I'm at the bottom of the Abyss, but haven't had any opportunity to fight the dragon aside from when he was making GBS threads darkness everywhere in the Royal Wood.
You can fight either in any order. However, you have to meet an NPC to be able to properly fight it, which requires a key to access

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Perfect Potato posted:

The NPC you meet to fight Kalameet starts talking about Manus after beating the dragon, so probably.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Arujei posted:

Anyone want to help me murder Kalameet? I've got the tail, just having trouble getting hits in by myself. SL: 67

Anybody? I haven't even seen a single summon sign from anyone outside the fog door so far.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Arujei posted:

Anybody? I haven't even seen a single summon sign from anyone outside the fog door so far.
I still have not seen anyone from this thread as far as I know. I must be on the non-SA server?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still have not seen anyone from this thread as far as I know. I must be on the non-SA server?

I've summoned help from SA folks before, and just two days ago there were plenty of signs outside the gate, but tonight there's just nothing except messages.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Is there a comprehensive guide to summoning on the PC version somewhere? I've managed to only connect with one person in this thread out of like 4 tries. My 360 version used the same router and connection and rarely had problems.

Arujei posted:

I've summoned help from SA folks before, and just two days ago there were plenty of signs outside the gate, but tonight there's just nothing except messages.

Kalameet seems very hit or miss. I've occasionally seen signs there when I was waiting for help with the tail, but usually it's empty. It's a fun place to farm invaders though because they never look there, and usually end up falling off a cliff somewhere.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

tractor fanatic posted:

Is there a comprehensive guide to summoning on the PC version somewhere? I've managed to only connect with one person in this thread out of like 4 tries. My 360 version used the same router and connection and rarely had problems.
I've been asking for that since like, page 100 at least. I guess even a year after launch no one knows poo poo about how the back-end of multiplayer works, nor anything you can do to increase the chance of it working.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

tractor fanatic posted:

Kalameet seems very hit or miss. I've occasionally seen signs there when I was waiting for help with the tail, but usually it's empty. It's a fun place to farm invaders though because they never look there, and usually end up falling off a cliff somewhere.

I'd just rather not fight him myself again and waste this humanity I've used. :/

• Locked thread