Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

tractor fanatic posted:

It's more difficult because he's aggroed the whole way but as long as you get back to the place where the corpse was and then run back you should be able to get the special jumping animation.

Why not just run into the little side passage next to the Gold Hemmed set? I've always beat him there, it's super easy to get him into a loop of arm attacks. You just run a little ways towards him to bait the arm, then run back so it doesn't hit you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

That's convenient, those people are all good for their roles in Dark Souls: Prepare to Movie.

You think an Uwe Boll film could pick up talent like that?

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
This is the best voice acting in the history of video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBMOP-7_rk8

I've never heard a man sound so hopeless.

No matter how much I play this game the female undead merchant still creeps me the gently caress out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKim68PSERw

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Papercut posted:

Why not just run into the little side passage next to the Gold Hemmed set? I've always beat him there, it's super easy to get him into a loop of arm attacks. You just run a little ways towards him to bait the arm, then run back so it doesn't hit you.

He had no problem hitting me straight through walls.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

He had no problem hitting me straight through walls.

I think he only does this if he's already started the attack animation when you get out of line of sight. If you stay in the tunnel while you fight him, he will always only attack through the hole, I think.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

gently caress the Tomb of Giants Assholes. If even baby skeletons can't make me like this lovely place, you know that it is truly lovely, because they are the cutest thing ever. This is the first time playing Dark Souls that I legitimately want to just put my controller through my loving monitor.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Papercut posted:

Well doing the cheese way seems to result in him dieing near instantly for some bizarre reason. Normally I wouldn't wan to beat a boss like that but ceaseless discharge is boring and dumb.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Token Cracker posted:

No matter how much I play this game the female undead merchant still creeps me the gently caress out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKim68PSERw

Hooooly poo poo I've never had her survive after I attack. That's amazing.

And speaking of aggroing NPCs, fighting Blacksmith Andrei is amazing. He's like some loving boxer/wrestler and if he gets you into a corner he'll punch the poo poo and dropkick the gently caress out of you. I want to be able to play Dark Souls like that.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It's a loving pain as a tank character. Everything is unblockable and you have to do a lot of shenanigans with the stairs to really separate him from his buddies so you can fight him.

Hey, here's a tip for ya: use the loving Golem Axe.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

VisAbsoluta posted:

gently caress the Tomb of Giants Assholes. If even baby skeletons can't make me like this lovely place, you know that it is truly lovely, because they are the cutest thing ever. This is the first time playing Dark Souls that I legitimately want to just put my controller through my loving monitor.

Good news: Once you have the second bonfire you no longer have to fight skeleton hounds. The one who attacks you on your way to the cactus skeletons from that bonfire will leap his own rear end off the ledge if you sprint by him. Also, Nito is a cinch.

Yodzilla posted:

Hooooly poo poo I've never had her survive after I attack. That's amazing.

And speaking of aggroing NPCs, fighting Blacksmith Andrei is amazing. He's like some loving boxer/wrestler and if he gets you into a corner he'll punch the poo poo and dropkick the gently caress out of you. I want to be able to play Dark Souls like that.
In the next game I really want melee characters to be able to use attunement slots to do grapples, disarms, throws, etc.

edit:

Heti posted:

Hey, here's a tip for ya: use the loving Golem Axe.

I'll keep that in mind. I ended up running up the stairs, doing a drop attack, and then getting a lucky backstab when I fought him originally.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
http://www.twitch.tv/gazaar/b/331562227

Here's a highlight from the best moment of my saturday extravaganza PVP stream some of you may recognize.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

To put the icing in the cake, Leeroy spawned and died without me doing anything and now his items are lost for this NG. :bravo:

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I'll keep that in mind. I ended up running up the stairs, doing a drop attack, and then getting a lucky backstab when I fought him originally.

The golem axe is the ultimate weapon. It's big and strong and it can do cool things.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

VisAbsoluta posted:

To put the icing in the cake, Leeroy spawned and died without me doing anything and now his items are lost for this NG. :bravo:

You can still get his armor, which is the best part of his equipment.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Grant is only for crazy faith builds that use STR anyway.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 10, 2012

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'll be hanging around Quelaag's Domain with my soul sign down if anyone is going to fight her tonight. Only need four more sunlight medals before I can move on to the next covenant. Edit - I'm SL32, so if you're lower/higher you probably know what you're doing and don't need my help anyway!

Question: If I leave the covenant via Oswald, will I still get the rank penalty? My eventual goal is to collect all the unique items from all the covenants and then keep Darkmoon as my main covenant, but I also wanted to do Darkmoon as soon as I got to Anor Londo instead of doing it last to get some sweet easy invasions in Tomb of the Giants.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 11, 2012

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Just killed the dick of the motherfucker. Take that, Shitlord Nito.

In celebration, here's an unrelated image that I just stumbled upon in one of my folders. It might as well be called caprademon.gif:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Moldy Taxes posted:

I'll be hanging around Quelaag's Domain with my soul sign down if anyone is going to fight her tonight. Only need four more sunlight medals before I can move on to the next covenant.

Question: If I leave the covenant via Oswald, will I still get the rank penalty? My eventual goal is to collect all the unique items from all the covenants and then keep Darkmoon as my main covenant, but I also wanted to do Darkmoon as soon as I got to Anor Londo instead of doing it last to get some sweet easy invasions in Tomb of the Giants.

Yes you still get the penalty if you leave through Oswald. What I would do is join the Darkmoon Blades, but don't rank up with them yet. Then do some invasions, switch covenants to get the rest of the loot, then switch back to DMB before moving on to NG+. If you're making a build that's going to use the Faith based weapon buffs then I would suggest killing Gwendolyn to get the Sunlight Blade miracle and then becoming a high ranking DMB in NG+.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

VisAbsoluta posted:

In celebration, here's an unrelated image that I just stumbled upon in one of my folders. It might as well be called caprademon.gif:

Look at that useless phantom playing with a toy.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Invited like six or eight people and not one of them connected. Sometimes my fog gate would stay up so I assume that meant people were trying to invade me before the belfry gargoyles but couldn't connect either. I put myself in DMZ mode because nobody else can go online if I forward the ports GFWL likes, like port 80? Doesn't everyone use that to connect to web pages? But I'm going to call dibs on it. Yeah sure.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
This dumb video finally finished uploading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2iOngdusw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2iOngdusw

If you want to skip the big lady's little speech, skip to around a minute. Not sure why i kept that in. Probably because i like the music.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Edit: /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Hahahahaha, I love when games break like that. Awesome!

Wow, which weapon is that one? Reminds me a little of the Dragon Bone Smasher. :allears:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 11, 2012

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

HenryEx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2iOngdusw

If you want to skip the big lady's little speech, skip to around a minute. Not sure why i kept that in. Probably because i like the music.

:stare:

What in the hell is wrong with your game and did you ever fix it?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

VisAbsoluta posted:

Wow, which weapon is that one? Reminds me a little of the Dragon Bone Smasher. :allears:

It's the Dragon Greatsword.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

VisAbsoluta posted:

Edit: /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Hahahahaha, I love when games break like that. Awesome!

Dragon greatsword, I think? You get it by cutting off the tail of the dragon in ash lake.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

VisAbsoluta posted:

This is so perfectly as to Dark Souls as that video of the kid with the chickens is to Diablo 3. Well done.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
Whoa, my friend in Japan sent me a really, really, early conceptual sketch for dark souls. One that wasn't in the art book given out for the console special editions:

It's dated somewhere around the early '10.

edit: Oh I just noticed the onion knight helmet in the background. I guess he was in the works for a long time.

the night dad fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 11, 2012

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

the night dad posted:

Whoa, my friend in Japan sent me a really, really, early conceptual sketch for dark souls. One that wasn't in the art book given out for the console special editions:

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

the night dad posted:

Woah that guy looks pretty boss, it's a shame he didn't get put in the final game.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Would anybody be interested in helping a SL55 try to beat Seath in the Crystal Cave? Pretty much every time I enter the room I get my poo poo thoroughly rocked.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

HenryEx posted:

You know, I'm kind of surprised how well the game handled it for the most part.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Kaubocks posted:

Would anybody be interested in helping a SL55 try to beat Seath in the Crystal Cave? Pretty much every time I enter the room I get my poo poo thoroughly rocked.

Protip for Seath: Don't circle around him unless you really want his tail item (Moonlight Greatsword). The area directly behind him is the most dangerous place to be by far, his tail/tentacle thrashing is devastating.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Protip for Seath: Don't circle around him unless you really want his tail item (Moonlight Greatsword). The area directly behind him is the most dangerous place to be by far, his tail/tentacle thrashing is devastating.
I'll keep that in mind and try again, thanks.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

I'll keep that in mind and try again, thanks.
If you want some help still, add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/enfy

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
To all my fellow Darkwraiths, a warning: as soon as I raised my level from 50 to 70 my invasion successes plummeted.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Anyone need some sunbro help anywhere? I'm right before finishing the game, SL 75, and trying to farm souls/humanity to kindle up all the useful bonfires and finish buying NPC items/pyro flame upgrades before I hit NG+

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Stokes posted:

To all my fellow Darkwraiths, a warning: as soon as I raised my level from 50 to 70 my invasion successes plummeted.

This is why I'm never going above 27! Now if there were only 500% more people in the book of the guilty for my 80 darkmoon to invade.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
God damnit I can't find the picture I used to have of the Armour of Favour set in real life (that Lautrec's was based on)

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Has anyone ever gotten a humanity drop from the first rat in the game? just before undead burg, in the sewers? I have killed that fucker 200 times since the game came out and he has never dropped poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen to Death
Mar 27, 2010

*Ahem*, so let's say I wanted to slightly modify my character stats because of unforeseen balance changes, how would I go about doing this? Honestly I feel dirty considering this, but the Murakumo is just too heavy for my liking when I only have 25% encumbrance to work with. I really don't want to reroll over eight points of strength, but I could make good use of those points elsewhere. Do I basically have to use some shady trainer to do this, or is there an easier way? I'll probably just suck it up and reroll, but I have put a lot time in to this character. I guess if I can find a mule it wouldn't be so bad.

• Locked thread