Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Yeah, Ammo cash and Eridium are all shared, any kind of gear isn't and it's not instanced.

Wait, what? IGN review or some major publication's video said otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Stay away from pubbies.

Unless it's to steal all their loot.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
1 Hour to go, 1 hour on my download.

:suspense:

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Wait, what? IGN review or some major publication's video said otherwise.

It was the same way in Borderlands

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Trap Star posted:

It was the same way in Borderlands

From IGN: "Since loot is shared you need to pick your partners carefully. Playing with strangers or super aggressive friends means you’ll likely find yourself in a race to see who can grab everything the fastest, and that’s really not all that fun."

They're not really specific but in the video they are showing guns being picked up.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I know this is last minute, but if anyone is having issues with their credit card on GMG, give your bank a call on the phone and ask for the fraud department. I work in the fraud department of a huge bank and we have an automated system that (somewhat haphazardly) attempts to stop suspicious activity by denying charges and putting temporary warnings or even holds on member cards. You might have to wait a bit on the phone, but letting them know your account hasn't actually been compromised should remove the block and let you use the site.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

I would assume it'd be similar to the first game since nobody seemed to have any major problems with that and I doubt they'd change gameplay that much between these two games.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

From IGN: "Since loot is shared you need to pick your partners carefully. Playing with strangers or super aggressive friends means you’ll likely find yourself in a race to see who can grab everything the fastest, and that’s really not all that fun."

They're not really specific but in the video they are showing guns being picked up.

Welp looks like BL2 will be a solo experience for me just like BL1 was.

I got sixty hours playing solo as soldier with the original Borderlands, so hopefully this hits me the same way. It's a shame the review embargo seems to go up at the same time as release. Hopefully I'll be able to get Steam to start downloading the game tomorrow morning before work (providing the reviews pan out of course).

Ivan Dolvich
Oct 14, 2004

Shit bag. I use all ammunition for weapon

enojy posted:

If you're talking about the 25% off code, that stopped working as of noon today. This code works for 20% off, though:
code:
GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY

That's the code I've been trying to use but its not working for me at the moment. The entire site seems to be having all sorts of problems though.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I know this is last minute, but if anyone is having issues with their credit card on GMG, give your bank a call on the phone and ask for the fraud department. I work in the fraud department of a huge bank and we have an automated system that (somewhat haphazardly) attempts to stop suspicious activity by denying charges and putting temporary warnings or even holds on member cards. You might have to wait a bit on the phone, but letting them know your account hasn't actually been compromised should remove the block and let you use the site.

I've had to do this with my Mastercard. Last time I used my Visa it went through but then Visa went and cancelled my card. I just link that poo poo to my paypal now and haven't had problems since.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

The Monarch posted:

Just play with fellow goons and you will be fine. There will surely be enough guns for everyone.

LtOrange
Apr 3, 2012
GMG does not want my money it seems. Man I wish I had not waited this long to jump on it.

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch

LtOrange posted:

GMG does not want my money it seems. Man I wish I had not waited this long to jump on it.

Yeah, I went from impulsively wanting this, to deciding to wait until xmas sales and hitting my backlog instead

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

The Monarch posted:

I got sixty hours playing solo as soldier with the original Borderlands, so hopefully this hits me the same way. It's a shame the review embargo seems to go up at the same time as release. Hopefully I'll be able to get Steam to start downloading the game tomorrow morning before work (providing the reviews pan out of course).

I'll let you pick up all the guns if you want to co-op with me :ohdear:

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Well I'm sure glad I grabbed it for $36 from GMG yesterday (got emailed the code instantly) and it's now unlocking. Would have been twice the price at (AU) retail.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The Monarch posted:

Dude just get some online friends and play coop. You can talk to people and let them know what you want.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on this, but my computer's processor is under the min. specs. I'm well above on ram and gpu, I hope that will be enough to run it smoothly.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
It's been a while since I pre-loaded a preorder through Steam. Will it unlock automatically or do I need to re-boot Steam after midnight, or something else?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Require More Fire posted:

It's been a while since I pre-loaded a preorder through Steam. Will it unlock automatically or do I need to re-boot Steam after midnight, or something else?

I believe a steam restart is in order and then it'll auto unlock when you log back in.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vivecc/

Need 3 goons to add up to play co op in 12 mothafuckin minutes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Party Alarm posted:

I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on this, but my computer's processor is under the min. specs. I'm well above on ram and gpu, I hope that will be enough to run it smoothly.

:stare: When did you buy your comp, 2004?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It was always fun to phasewalk and sprint to the chests to gank loot in pub games. It was a very profitable way to troll.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
Could someone toss me an invite to the Bordergoons group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sunblood

edit: thanks

Sunblood fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 18, 2012

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Looks for a couple bros to start the game with,

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027909239/

Also, invite to steam group would be appreciated

GunblazeGriffin
Jan 27, 2009

mutata posted:

It was always fun to phasewalk and sprint to the chests to gank loot in pub games. It was a very profitable way to troll.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who did this.

Phasewalk was great because it was beneficial to use both in combat and outside of it. I'm hoping Phaselock will be equally as fun to abuse and/or troll with.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Bob NewSCART posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vivecc/

Need 3 goons to add up to play co op in 12 mothafuckin minutes

Sent you a friend request.

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.
Can someone invite me to the steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/57buts

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

So this is likely mentioned, but does it unlock at midnight eastern, or does it know my time zone.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

ShaneB posted:

So this is likely mentioned, but does it unlock at midnight eastern, or does it know my time zone.

Midnight Eastern.

edit: provided you are in the US at all, that is.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

ShaneB posted:

Four minutes from now.

Annoying Jerk
Feb 19, 2004
i need friends! Add me to the steam group, and your friends list. http://steamcommunity.com/id/annoyingjerk

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009
Would love to get in on the steam group for some games tonight -
http://steamcommunity.com/id/davidgralnik

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Borderlands 2 is unlocking for me. :siren:

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL
http://steamcommunity.com/id/supermilkchan2

I'm down!

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tolaziforname

Edit: that was fast.

I'm down for some fun stabbing people and shooting them! Lets go goons.

tolaziforname fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 18, 2012

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yup same here. It's time!

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Can someone invite me to the steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/57buts

same for me please, Steam username is Trap1947

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
See you shitlords in 6 hours when I have to get off my rear end and go to work.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Ahhh it should be unlocking any time now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

0 MINUTES!

It's not unlocking :smith:

Edit: IT'S UNLOCKING :unsmith:

• Locked thread