Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

It should be made by Tediore, when you jump out it rockets towards whatever is in front and explodes.

I'd kill for a motorcycle in this, mad max style!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
It's me, I'm the worst sniper, I have like 95% crit accuracy but every time I oneshot something, I take my hands off the keyboard and mouse to :rock:+:black101: in celebration. gently caress, I love sniping so much in this game. It's just so psychologically satisfying.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Recommendations for Maya builds? I like the idea of healer-Maya, but I'm just wondering what others are doing.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Anyone know how to get into the cell with the dahl chest in the Crimson Raider hq?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

The environments are different. I share the same feelings about the first and aside from those environments the second one really isn't an improvement. Things are more WOAH WACKY but very much one-note.

This is basically a refinement of a lot of the systems that could have been tighter in the first. I personally don't think they even went far enough, but a more polished take on the original's formula seems to have been the goal.

I'm totally fine with this. It does feel like Borderlands 1.5 but I think thats what was needed. They went back and reinforced the foundation, and now its a good launching point for doing wackier stuff in the next game.

The only missteps I can see are the INI stuff and the inventory system.

I'd like to see them bring in more cliched RPG stuff, like crafting and housing and minion based classes (like the Mechromancer or someone that depends on groups of minions). I think the game would also greatly benefit from a more open world concept, so players could have access to things like boats + flying vehicles.

Also bring back the old classes without the weapon skills.

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 19, 2012

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

thebushcommander posted:

I'd kill for a motorcycle in this, mad max style!

What we need is a horse, like Jack.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

The White Dragon posted:

It's me, I'm the worst sniper, I have like 95% crit accuracy but every time I oneshot something, I take my hands off the keyboard and mouse to :rock:+:black101: in celebration. gently caress, I love sniping so much in this game. It's just so psychologically satisfying.
I'm running Axton with a sniper rifle and the Jacobs M1 Carbine-like semiauto rifle thing. Hyperion can eat poo poo and die because ain't nothing stopping me with this build.

I'm having the opposite problem with Axton that I had in Borderlands: I can't decide which tree to build on because all of these skills are so loving good.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

I'm having the opposite problem with Axton that I had in Borderlands: I can't decide which tree to build on because all of these skills are so loving good.

Salvador has the original problem, I couldn't figure out what I'd want from his starting skills, and only started putting points into his middle tree because the rest seemed crappy. He seems really cool but I'm getting the vibe of "Brick but more emphasis on gear" from him.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Limastock posted:

Is there any way to activate couch coop on the PC? Thats pretty much the only reason I got the game.

I read somewhere before release in a dev interview that gearbox made it so it unofficially supports it. There should be stuff out there soon to mod it in. Gearbox didn't want to have to spend time refining it to be a release feature but knew some folks out there would want it and wouldn't mind having it be a glorified hack.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!

Attention Horse posted:

I'm in The Fridge, and there's an undiscovered quest here, with the text Every once in a while, a goliath gets a good idea.... I've been looking for it for literally an hour and a half, but I still can't find it :(. Where is this quest?

I'm going crazy over here, help me guys :(.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

platypusmalone posted:

Anyone know how to get into the cell with the dahl chest in the Crimson Raider hq?

If you're at where I think you're at, and its the one blocked off by electricity, just follow the wire.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

jivjov posted:

If you're at where I think you're at, and its the one blocked off by electricity, just follow the wire.

Nah its the one behind the prison door in the Crimson Raiders HQ in Sanctuary. You can flip the switch next to the door but it does nothing.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

mutata posted:

Recommendations for Maya builds? I like the idea of healer-Maya, but I'm just wondering what others are doing.

I've been working my way up the Motion tree to get Converge. It's going to be fun to phaselock a group of enemies then make them eat something explosive.

After that point I'm going to drop some points into Sweet Release in Harmony, not entirely certain if I need to drop a full 5 into it.

I'm not sure where I'll go from there though, probably the rest of the way down Motion. I really like Phaselock, and if that final ability is affected by Converge I'm going to be laughing my head off at the head of an army of minions.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Zero VGS posted:

Fake edit: Also I disabled cell shading and that made a drastic improvement vs. all the other settings.

How did you do this?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
The search feature is giving me errors right now, so I don't know if this has already been asked:

I picked up an SMG with the red text of "I have a Soldier, a Siren, two Scooters and a Claptrap", but I can't tell from using it what that mod does. The SMG has very low stability and has electrical shots, but those just seem to be normal features of SMGs and another mod on the weapon, respectively. I tried Google and the BL wiki. Anyone have any idea what it means?

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I'm finally able to play this game. I sent support tickets to 2k and Gearbox the morning of release after spending almost 10 hours uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing redists, and verifying the game cache. Neither of them ever got back to me. Every time I tried to launch the game I got an error stating "Borderlands 2 launcher has stopped working." Finally I find this:

quote:

Create a .txt file in notepad and write the numbers '49520' without the ' '. Save it as 'steam_appid.txt' and save it in your Steam directory 'Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32' and run Borderlands2.exe as admin.

And I do it and the game works. I have no idea why putting the steamapp ID in that folder changes anything but lo and behold :psyduck:

Bilal fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 19, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Commissar Ken posted:

How did you do this?

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Borderlands_2#Disable_Cel-Shading_Outlines

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

mutata posted:

This is going to be my build:

(Not sure if I should go 5/5 Reflection, 5/5 Inertia, or just leave it as-is)

You don't need to put many points at all into Harmony to be effective at keeping your team alive. Res alone makes things infinitely easier.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Found this on my Level 7 Commando. I had already selected a skill that caused my health to regenerate after my shields were topped off. This makes that really easy. The drat thing regenerates almost immediately after getting hit, and then my health starts climbing again.

Sure, it might be obsolete in the future, but for such a low level? Get out of here.

Also, I just spent the last 30 minutes screwing with Goliaths. Pop their head off and kite them around so they wreck other opponents, level them up, and then take them down. It's so simple, but so fun.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Found this on my Level 7 Commando. I had already selected a skill that caused my health to regenerate after my shields were topped off. This makes that really easy. The drat thing regenerates almost immediately after getting hit, and then my health starts climbing again.

Sure, it might be obsolete in the future, but for such a low level? Get out of here.
Keep this around. Seriously, clear up to level 50. Keep that shield in your "Twink" storage. You can make some OK builds around those "on shield depletion", or "when shields are full" effects (if not both). I haven't really made a build for any of it. Been waiting for a shield like that to drop, then sit down and figure out how to make it work.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Emalde posted:

This is going to be my build:

(Not sure if I should go 5/5 Reflection, 5/5 Inertia, or just leave it as-is)

You don't need to put many points at all into Harmony to be effective at keeping your team alive. Res alone makes things infinitely easier.

How much of a pain is it to keep people topped off with active shooting healing? My Maya is going for a more passive healing spec so I can focus more on CC and shooting people in the face.

Build: http://www.bl2db.com/skill-trees#zmxVoEVxxq9Mc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I enjoyed the part where Claptrap flat out says "uh . . . this is for you to twink your alts."

Sevorast
Sep 13, 2011

Incoming!
Can't seem to get the golden keys thing to work, edited the .ini as instructed, got squat for keys. Even made a new dude, still no keys.

I'm such a loving failure. :smithicide:

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Also, I just spent the last 30 minutes screwing with Goliaths. Pop their head off and kite them around so they wreck other opponents, level them up, and then take them down. It's so simple, but so fun.

Leveling one to Ultimate and watching it punch down buzzards was pretty cool to watch.

I thought Danger Zone was my favorite side mission but then I did Ice Man Cometh and well claptrap actually made me laugh. Good job little guy.

There's a QR code in sanctuary, but when I scanned it I didn't get the reference.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Sevorast posted:

Can't seem to get the golden keys thing to work, edited the .ini as instructed, got squat for keys. Even made a new dude, still no keys.

I'm such a loving failure. :smithicide:

You might have to backup your saves, delete profile.bin, and then put your saves back after you start a new character.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

For gunzerkers: When did ammo regen class mods start showing up for you? Duel wielding pretty much guarantees both of my guns are out of ammo by the end of it.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

For gunzerkers: When did ammo regen class mods start showing up for you? Duel wielding pretty much guarantees both of my guns are out of ammo by the end of it.

Does your ammo not regen when you gunzerk? I started using it just to regen ammo. Like when I was running to an objective or something.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

havenwaters posted:

You might have to backup your saves, delete profile.bin, and then put your saves back after you start a new character.

How does that allow you to do that and not cause issues with your current character, or are you simply suggesting that once you've started a new guy and the keys are showing just replace the new .sav with your old and it's fine?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

platypusmalone posted:

Turn around from that chest and keep your eye on the right side of the hallway. There's a ladder next to a cell, climb up, walk along the pipes, and you'll come to a room with switches for all the cells in that area.

I really, really want a bolt action revolver rifle. Holy poo poo is that a loving awesome idea. With modern technology there'd be no chance of chainfire god dammit video game why you gotta make me want silly poo poo.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

thebushcommander posted:

How does that allow you to do that and not cause issues with your current character, or are you simply suggesting that once you've started a new guy and the keys are showing just replace the new .sav with your old and it's fine?

The keys are shared across all saved games but apparently creating profile.bin while saved games are already in the folder make it so they don't work with the new profile.bin.

Moving those saves into there after the fact DID work for someone else in this thread. I haven't found the post yet though. It's somewhere between 4 and 10 pages ago.

Edit: I'm wrong. Saves may just not work on a new profile.bin at all. You're probably out of luck

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504490&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=44#post407703330

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 19, 2012

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

There are 4 hidden recordings in sanctuary documenting the history of pandora. I've found three of them but despite turning the city upside down I can't seem to find the last one. Anybody got a map or something showing these?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU0SX9Sxxdw&hd=1

Best unique in the game, at least for annoying people on your friends list

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
What the gently caress is that?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Yodzilla posted:

What the gently caress is that?

Looks like a slag hyperion with the red dot, and another slag hyperion on the right with better accuracy.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Looks like a slag hyperion with the red dot, and another slag hyperion on the right with better accuracy.

It's a unique weapon that's a quest reward. The sounds come with it. And the excellent move speed.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Nah its the one behind the prison door in the Crimson Raiders HQ in Sanctuary. You can flip the switch next to the door but it does nothing.

That switch is useless, you need to:
Go up the nearby stairs, jump over the railing and onto the pipes in the air, run across them into the second story room with a pile switches and open them all.

If you are at the cell with the chests, facing it, turn 90 degrees right and look at the far wall. There's a window up there above the pipes on the second story. That's where you need to go.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Holy poo poo I love Tediore Rocket Launchers. Out of ammo? Turn the Rocket Launcher into a Rocket Rocket Launcher. :hellyeah:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Zikan posted:

How much of a pain is it to keep people topped off with active shooting healing? My Maya is going for a more passive healing spec so I can focus more on CC and shooting people in the face.

Build: http://www.bl2db.com/skill-trees#zmxVoEVxxq9Mc

Phaselock doesn't last long enough for Elated to do anything of value IMO, unless you either have like 10 Elated or 10 Suspension via class mods. Keeping people topped off with Sweet Release/Restoration and Wreck is so much easier. If you're feeling lazy, just pull out a rocket launcher of some variety. Plus, this way you can heal them without needing to phaselock anything.

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

mutata posted:

I've come up with two non-healing builds I am interested in:

Bouncing Ball Grouping and AOE
http://www.bl2db.com/skill-trees#zmyVoxVL9mVxq

Grouping AOE Max Velocity Ricochet
http://www.bl2db.com/skill-trees#zmyVox0xx9cE0V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I have a quest bug. :(

For the quest Do No Harm, I did the surgery and got the raw eridium shard, took it to Tannis, and... it won't complete. It checked off "Talk to Tannis", but I don't have any place to turn it in. ANyone know what's wrong?

• Locked thread