Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
I don't even know what to do with myself and this revolver.

I'm at 26 with Zero, and this thing just melts people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

D. Ebdrup posted:

For any of you who have spent time in the ini files, do they mention anything about intro skipping, other than the skippable intros - I kinda want them to auto-skip.

You need to do this :

code:
;StartupMovies=2K_logo
;StartupMovies=Gearbox_logo
;StartupMovies=NVidia
;StartupMovies=Loading
Fine those 4 items and put the ; in front of them in the WillowEngine.ini

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

ded posted:

You need to do this :

code:
;StartupMovies=2K_logo
;StartupMovies=Gearbox_logo
;StartupMovies=NVidia
;StartupMovies=Loading
Fine those 4 items and put the ; in front of them in the WillowEngine.ini

You don't have to put a ; in front of Loading, that just makes it so you never get any loading screens, instead the screen just goes black.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Shoefish posted:

I'm 10 hours in and suddenly having massive performance issues. I have a core i5, 8 gigs ram and gtx 570. I'm running at 1920x1024 with everything on high, 2x AA and everything ran fine, but started up today to find framerate had completely died and was unplayable. Remains unplayable with everything turned down to low.

Anyone know what could have caused this?

You probably turned on vsync which DESTROYS performance in this game for some reason. Turn it off, go back to the game, tab out (resets the renderer so the change actually takes effect), and see if it's fixed.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
480K best damage so far (pistol only), anyone broken a million yet?

edit: 780k against a slagged loader :o

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 22, 2012

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So if anyone on the PC wants to coop it up from the start of PT2, gimme a holler.
Alternatively can also start a new character if someone's up for that.

SteamID is Palantyre.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Shoefish posted:

I'm 10 hours in and suddenly having massive performance issues. I have a core i5, 8 gigs ram and gtx 570. I'm running at 1920x1024 with everything on high, 2x AA and everything ran fine, but started up today to find framerate had completely died and was unplayable. Remains unplayable with everything turned down to low.

Anyone know what could have caused this?
Might be vsync. If that's off, did you restart your computer and does it happen with other games? If no and yes and respectively, usually that's a sign of a video card going bad.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Anyone know if this game wants specific ports opened beyond the standard Steam bunch?

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Wow, this game is incredibly long :psyduck:. It's way, WAY longer than B1. I was just fighting the Bunker and I was 100% sure that I'm near the end of the game. And then the mission ended and I got 10 another sidequests and few completely new areas opened up. I've been playing B2 for 33 hours now, it's crazy.

I also don't want it to end, because it's the best game I have played this year. The difference between B1 and B2 is like night and day, like Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2. It's nearly flawless, and it's definitely the best in the hack and slash genre.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone know if this game wants specific ports opened beyond the standard Steam bunch?

yes the same ones for BL1

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Jesus christ, I bought a 4-pack of this game just to play co-op and can't get it to work. I have never had so much trouble with an online game before.

I'm having the same issues as these people: http://borderlands2forum.com/showthread.php?t=222 -- can't join games, and other people can't join me.

So far I've tried reinstalling the game, forwarding all the steam-specific ports, UDP 50000-65535, and disabling my antivirus, and nothing seems to have any effect.

What the gently caress?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is there any way to get that trainer for this without spending 40 bux?

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
I usually don't laugh at stupid poo poo but Monglets becoming Bonertoots had me giggling feverishly.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
If you ever want to test gun damage, go to the room to the right of Marcus in sanctuary. There's a target practice bandit that's your level that you can shoot alllll day long.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

mr. nazi posted:

If you ever want to test gun damage, go to the room to the right of Marcus in sanctuary. There's a target practice bandit that's your level that you can shoot alllll day long.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

So I've tipped Moxxie enough to get the Good Touch & Bad Touch; does she give out anything else worthwhile? I'll swap to playing slots if she doesn't.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Gamecopyworld has one that works really well.

TarKist
Oct 18, 2005

εν τούτω νίκα
Anyone else having trouble connecting to friends all of a sudden? It's been fine for me since day one.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
My game just crashed with "fatal error" after I killed the bunker :negative:

Miasma
Jul 26, 2005

straight up dawg.
The power went out when I was 13 hours into the game. When I started it back up my character was gone. Is he gone for good?!

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

titaniumone posted:

Jesus christ, I bought a 4-pack of this game just to play co-op and can't get it to work. I have never had so much trouble with an online game before.

I'm having the same issues as these people: http://borderlands2forum.com/showthread.php?t=222 -- can't join games, and other people can't join me.

So far I've tried reinstalling the game, forwarding all the steam-specific ports, UDP 50000-65535, and disabling my antivirus, and nothing seems to have any effect.

What the gently caress?

I can't connect to any of my friends but I can connect to random games in matchmaking so it isn't my computer or router or anything.

I can also connect to one of my friends who is using a VPN with a US endpoint. When he disables his VPN, I can still connect to him. And all of my friends can then join his game by joining on me.

What the gently caress Gearbox? How did you gently caress up the matchmaking this badly?

Sevorast
Sep 13, 2011

Incoming!
I am not enjoying the SMGs this time around, my favorite gun type in the first game is now my least favorite. :iiam:

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I enjoy tediore SMGs a lot. Of course, I treat it as a projectile first and an SMG second. I'll fire off one shot so I never run around with a full clip. My enemy encounter strategy is to open by flinging the SMG, then fire at them if they are still alive.

SMG flinging doesn't break zero's deception either, giving it another nice use.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
There is definitely something wrong with the game; after a couple minutes playtime it starts to drop FPS from a smooth 72 to 30-40. I've found a temp fix is changing view distance. Doesn't matter which way, I can go from low to ultra-high, but the second this is done the FPS goes back up to 72. Then about 5 minutes later it happens again, and I have to do the view distance thing again.

Tried scouring the .inis for something, but I'm pretty lost as to why this would happen. Anyone else having slowdowns after some playtime try this and let me know if it works.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where do my screenshots in weapon inspect save to?

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.
So I just lost 4 hours of game play like an idiot. From symbyosis to just getting roland back. Ugh, really don't want to do this again.

I spammed cancel as hard as possible because I realized I could backup my save before downloading from steam but it was too late :gonk:

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Bob NewSCART posted:

Get cheat engine and build your own. It only takes about fifteen minutes.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

A bandit that witnessed me killing a badass psycho with shotgun blasts to the face, yelled out SHOTGUN RHINOOOOOPLASTY. Or maybe it was Axton, I couldn't tell in the heat of the moment.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven
So you should always be fast traveling back to Liar's Berg to get your ammo. It stays at level 2 pricing, so you can get your non-splodey ammos at $4 each. I think the cheapest rocket packs are at the fast travel in Three Horns Divide.

TShields posted:

So I opened a crate and found a purple sniper rifle with EVERY stat superior to what I was using. loving awesome, right? Well, it also had that every shot took 2 bullets on an 8 round clip. No problem, mine was low clip size too. But it also had that loving "burst fire on zoom" bullshit. So it ate an entire loving clip every shot. What a goddamn waste.. :smith:
What really sucks is finding a really incredible sniper rifle and then realize that it's useless Hyperion trash and the 95+ accuracy actually begins at 70. I think Jack keeps putting those accuracy stabilizer things on his sniper rifles just to slow me down.

Is that a quest reward or a random drop? That has to be the best red text I've ever seen.

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

Sevorast posted:

I am not enjoying the SMGs this time around, my favorite gun type in the first game is now my least favorite. :iiam:

This is a level 14 SMG and I haven't found anything that mows things down faster than it and I'm a sliver off from 20:

Of course, maybe this book has something to do with it:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

Is that a quest reward or a random drop? That has to be the best red text I've ever seen.

Quest reward from a sidequest called Demon Hunter. Also can you explain the red text I don't get that joke at all.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Quest reward from a sidequest called Demon Hunter. Also can you explain the red text I don't get that joke at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had_had

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shi_shi_shi_shi_shi

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Any site have a database of red text effect descriptions yet?

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven
We could always set up our own Google Docs thing and start finding out.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
There's this page on the Borderlands 2 wiki which will eventually probably be the best resource, so if you want to put effort somewhere that's probably the smartest target.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

That's such an odd thing to refrence.

Also my vote for best Name/Red Text would go to that legendary shield called Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
got this from the lost treasure quest

It shoots homing bullets.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Catsplosion posted:

So I just lost 4 hours of game play like an idiot. From symbyosis to just getting roland back. Ugh, really don't want to do this again.

I spammed cancel as hard as possible because I realized I could backup my save before downloading from steam but it was too late :gonk:

I had the same thing happen to me... Except I was glad since I got a legendary caustic bandit machine pistol off a quest that gave a mediocre reward before.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
is there a save editor out yet? I Have my Zer0 at level 19, and I'd like to make an exact copy of him, except switch the copy to Axton. I suppose I'd have to unequip the class mod and reset skills, but thats easy enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Got my first purple item :3:

It took me awhile to warm up to it, but now I love it. It does virtually no damage as soon as the projectile actually hits the target, but (as others have said before) it's kinda like the needler from Halo. Have patience and the damage comes over time.

It's ugly as hell though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread