Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

8raz posted:

It'll be fine tomorrow. Until Suarez celebrates a goal with an airplane gesture.

Thats a term of endearment in Uruguay, so its fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
What's that blocking gangways all about?
(I'm not implying it's anything to do with Hillsborough, just wondering what it means)

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

8raz posted:

It'll be fine tomorrow. Until Suarez celebrates a goal with an airplane gesture.

Hahah, this would be amazing.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

DickEmery posted:

What's that blocking gangways all about?
(I'm not implying it's anything to do with Hillsborough, just wondering what it means)

To get away with standing so the stewards dont chuck you out people stand in the aisles because they can say they're going to the toilet or going to get food or whatever.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

And iirc, that ruse didn't work so last season Man Utd didn't get as many tickets.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
American here, saw this at the Fire game tonight and thought it was interest to the thread.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

American here, saw this at the Fire game tonight and thought it was interest to the thread.

This is Good poo poo thank you

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

8raz posted:

It wasn't fine at all

http://twitter.yfrog.com/06u5tokbgkvoblxqnlkupfhjz

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
From the BBC match report, apparently after the final whistle two Pool fans ran over to the away end and started making airplane gestures, and the United fans responded by doing that.

I didn't see either happen live, so I can't really say if it's true or not.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Yeah I just saw that news report on Sky News. They mentioned some idiot got ejected for doing Airplane gestures beforehand, which may have sparked the initial chants during the game. But regardless, those chants after the game are disgusting.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Wow that's really loud too. Must be hundreds if not thousands of them joining in.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

vyelkin posted:

From the BBC match report, apparently after the final whistle two Pool fans ran over to the away end and started making airplane gestures, and the United fans responded by doing that.

I didn't see either happen live, so I can't really say if it's true or not.

That's what I thought would happen at some point. At least things were fine during the game (right?). There's always some dumb cunts who just can't keep themselves from starting poo poo, and then the other side's dumb cunts can't keep themselves from responding with more vile poo poo.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

PirateBob posted:

That's what I thought would happen at some point. At least things were fine during the game (right?). There's always some dumb cunts who just can't keep themselves from starting poo poo, and then the other side's dumb cunts can't keep themselves from responding with more vile poo poo.

jyrka's right though... that is way too loud for it to be just the usual tiny minority of people.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
thats really sad.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Wow, thats so loving low.. way too loud to just be a few bad apples.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
The aeroplane gesturerers were actually Chelsea so LFC win the moral victory again.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

excuse me lady posted:

The aeroplane gesturerers were actually Chelsea so LFC win the moral victory again.

Is this a Heysel reference? Nice.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Good to know that two of our oval office fans enabled hundreds to match them.

I hate everyone.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
loving knew this would happen. Only takes one idiot for the cunts to go 'truce is off'. Can't wait for the papers tomorrow.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
By the way, isn't the murderers chant about Heysel? :confused:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

PirateBob posted:

By the way, isn't the murderers chant about Heysel? :confused:

When so many people genuinely believed that Liverpool's fans contributed to the 96 deaths (or just wanted to call on that belief to get a dig in), it's hard to tell.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
"The cameras are off now, nobody will ever know!"

Sigh.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The murderers chant is about Heysel. Looks like some of our lot were FAR too easily trolled into being twats, by twats.

:sigh: ffs

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

This is probably the worst part of football imo

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Even the birds in Munich paid their tribute:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Football headlines today

'Much to warm the heart, but idiots ensured this was not a unifying event' - The Times.

'No escape: Anfield day of reconciliation marred by fans' taunts' - The Daily Telegraph.

'Defeat and chants tarnish a celebration of justice' - The Guardian.

'A victory for football - Sombre start and passionate rivalry gave us a fitting tribute' - The Sun.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Is it too late to simply eject news corp from planet earth?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
MacKenzie wants apology from police

Lawyers acting for Kelvin MacKenzie have written to South Yorkshire Police asking for an apology for his treatment after the Hillsborough disaster.

I think it might be literally impossible to describe in the English language how awful he really is

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

I honestly don't know what to say about that, I can't even comprehend it

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

pissy smelliott posted:

Lawyers acting for Kelvin MacKenzie have written to South Yorkshire Police asking for an apology for his treatment after the Hillsborough disaster.

I think it might be literally impossible to describe in the English language how awful he really is

I'd love to have a go.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

pissy smelliott posted:

He can gently caress right off.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

pissy smelliott posted:

Never his fault, always the victim.

LeeDless
Mar 28, 2010

pissy smelliott posted:

How is this guy even able to leave his house without being assassinated?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
What a helmet.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

quote:

Were he to visit Liverpool he would "literally be in mortal danger", he writes.

Just in Liverpool? There are Scousers all over the world, come on lads, up your game.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Unsurprisingly, South Yorkshire Police have told MacKenzie to kindly gently caress off:

BBC posted:

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said the force "awaits Mr MacKenzie's letter with interest".

"It is well known that many media outlets ran similar stories at the time based on the same sources but chose to treat them differently," he said.

"Mr MacKenzie was responsible for the particular headline he chose to run with."

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
When Kelvin MacKenzie is on his deathbed he'll write a lengthy heartfelt letter apologizing to Liverpool fans and the football community at large and expressing his complete shame and revulsion at his actions over the years. And then he'll rasp out 'pause. not' with his final breath and die victorious

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Director of Public Prosecutions is reviewing the report;

Kier Starmer posted:

I have now concluded that the Crown Prosecution Service should consider all the material now available in relation to the tragic events of 15 April 1989, including material made available by the independent panel.

The purpose of this investigation is to identify what the focus of any further criminal investigation should be in order for the CPS to determine whether this is now sufficient evidence to charge any individual or corporate body with any criminal offence.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission is reviewing the report'

Deborah Glass (Deputy IPCC) posted:

We are going to be launching an independent investigation into those new matters. We've carried out a review of the report and begun looking at the 450,000 pages of underlying evidence. We have identified a large number of potential criminal and misconduct offences.

The potential criminal misconduct offences fall into two broad categories. There are allegations that go to the heart of what happened at Hillsborough and allegations about what happened afterwards.

A large number of current and former officers will be under investigation, including Sir Norman Bettison.

At the moment, we don't actually know which officers we're investigating. This will be the largest independent inquiry that has been launched into the actions of the police in the United Kingdom.

The alleged nature of some of the amendments may amount to the criminal offences of perverting the course of justice or misconduct in public office. The deliberate alteration of statements may also raise misconduct offences in relation to honesty and integrity.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/12/hillsborough-disaster-biggest-inquiry-police

There are serving senior officers who, hopefully, will be facing charges and they deserve every minute of terror they're going to have in the coming months.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

pissy smelliott posted:

You couldn't make it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8168617/AG-Wants-Hillsborough-Inquests-Quashed

• Locked thread