Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Meowbot posted:

What is the best tree for Siren for solo? Asked this earlier and some people responded but there was no general consensus. I'm going down the damage tree on the right but that ricochet bullet one sounds good too.

The reason there isn't a consensus is because none of these classes have a "best" tree. For solo, beyond avoiding items and skills that give bonuses to teams (unless they're phenomenal) there are a lot of viable builds. Try out some of the answers people took the time to give you and see if they work for you. Some people have luck with builds that others don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

I've gotten a couple interesting oranges to this point (31) but this is the first thing I have seen with really unique stats:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Haha awesome. Thanks to a class mod I found (Unstoppable Berserker) every enemy I kill increases gunzerking time by 5+ seconds :hellyeah:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Here's me:

White Zer0 best Zer0 :smug: The gun just goes to show it's important to accessorise.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Cardboard Fox posted:

I finished my first playthrough with pretty much only that gun. It melted everything.

There's an unfinished red text explanation on the wiki for it:
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapon_Effects_Bordelands_2

This is cool thanks :)

It says that

quote:

Would I lie to you? – Fibber: Inaccurate stats displayed. Fires 3x medium speed rounds, consumes 2 ammo per shot and has +50% love, +3000% damage. (Quest reward), (not necessarily, bullet behavior seems to be randomized, parameters unknown)

but mine's different, it only uses 1 ammo per shot, and fires about 7 projectiles at once in a shotgun pattern. Seems to also randomize damage a little, but it's still far higher than my older weapons. Love it.

PS - Songbearer, you're wrong, because Bandit Skin Zer0 with the Punk head is the best Zer0.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
17 shots for 1 ammo? Well my lvl 13 Siren is going to take it easy for awhile.

Gotta love the slots. Really wished the game had instanced loot to make multiplayer more stomachable.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

And this, no poo poo, is a shield I found at Level 6 and exclusively wore all the way to defeating the Bunker.

I love quickshields. This is mine, currently level 27 and only just now starting to wish it had more capacity. Playing as Zer0 with a few points in Shield Regen/Capacity and this thing now recharges almost as soon as I get hit. Made levels 19-26 almost trivial. Picked this thing up from a vending machine.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 26, 2012

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

So I've only seen E-Tech assault rifles and pistols, what do the other ones do? I'm assuming each weapon category only has one variant cause every pistol I've found is a needler.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Drakes posted:

17 shots for 1 ammo? Well my lvl 13 Siren is going to take it easy for awhile.

Gotta love the slots. Really wished the game had instanced loot to make multiplayer more stomachable.
Pretty sure it actually uses four shots if I'm looking at the barrels correctly; even if it doesn't say "uses [x] ammo per shot" shotguns will always use the amount of ammo per shot equal to the amount of barrels they have.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
about how much does it take to get an orange from the slot machine? I have dumped in like 30k, and its all garbage. :(

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I got a Zero skin based off the HEV Suit from half-life :c00l:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I've spent somewhere between 30k and 60k and I've gotten 2, but my luck might be really weird because I've never gotten a purple, which ought to be more likely.

EDIT: I've also never had three triple eridiums or three bells.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 26, 2012

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

about how much does it take to get an orange from the slot machine? I have dumped in like 30k, and its all garbage. :(

I've blown over 100k easily and still haven't got one from slots.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

I got my first triple vault symbol jackpot last night. I dunno if there's an easier way to keep track, but I've probably dumped more than 100k into slots. Two Eridium Jackpots along the way, countless triple cherries, and about 8 blues and 3 or 4 purples so far. No Triple Bells either.

My First Orange Jackpot Win from last night - shame that the gun seems to suck :( The particle effects are sweet as hell though.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 26, 2012

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well, if you don't want it, I could use it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Otacon posted:

I got my first triple vault symbol jackpot last night. I dunno if there's an easier way to keep track, but I've probably dumped more than 100k into slots. Two Eridium Jackpots along the way, countless triple cherries, and about 8 blues and 3 or 4 purples so far.

My First Orange Jackpot Win from last night - shame that the gun seems to suck :( The particle effects are sweet as hell though.

Too bad it's loving terrible.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

dis astranagant posted:

Too bad it's loving terrible.

:smith:

-Troika- posted:

Well, if you don't want it, I could use it.

I don't think it's usable unless you're in a 10x10 foot room with a bunch of Rakks.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Insert name here posted:

Pretty sure it actually uses four shots if I'm looking at the barrels correctly; even if it doesn't say "uses [x] ammo per shot" shotguns will always use the amount of ammo per shot equal to the amount of barrels they have.

Dammit you're right. Back to more slots for me.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Does Eridium come at a high pace later in the game? My ammo capacity is incredibly low and that seems the ony way to increase it?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I really want to know what the hell three bells gives you in the slot machine. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone actually getting it before.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Insert name here posted:

I really want to know what the hell three bells gives you in the slot machine. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone actually getting it before.

It'd be awesome if a loot midget named Quasimodo jumped out at you on 3 bells.

Also, would a +1.5 health regen class mod for Maya be a better choice than a +11% cooldown rate one?

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

Meowbot posted:

Does Eridium come at a high pace later in the game? My ammo capacity is incredibly low and that seems the ony way to increase it?

I didn't grind at all for eridium and had everything maxed out by the middle of pt2, the amount that drops does seem to increase as you go further in the game and the last boss tends to drop a metric fuckload of it.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

TheQat posted:

Fink's Slaughterhouse is super fun but they need to fix this bug where the enemies stop spawning for some reason. I've run the fifth round about 6 times, dying four times and having the enemies just stop coming for no reason 2 times. :( Anyone know the cause for sure?

If it makes you feel any better, the reward sucks!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Harry Joe posted:

I didn't grind at all for eridium and had everything maxed out by the middle of pt2, the amount that drops does seem to increase as you go further in the game and the last boss tends to drop a metric fuckload of it.

Every time I head back to Sanctuary I check all the safes in Scooters and check all the closets/dryers in the CRHQ. You'll get 1 or 2 Eridium each time, almost guaranteed. Also, you may be able to get a bunch of it earlier by 'investing' in the slot machines.

Each upgrade costs $60 to fully max out - you'll be more than halfway through buying all of the available upgrades by level 25.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

RyanManRules posted:

http://i.imgur.com/i8cj1.jpg

Got this beauty off a God-liath loot goon. Been using it the past couple levels with the gunlust tree. I must say.... :getin:

Rapid Infinity is insane. I got one at level 9 and I still use it once in a while at like level 28 for swarms and plinking random mobs that aren't a threat. When you never ever ever have to reload, a low DPS climbs quite a bit.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

The name combo for that gunzerker and commando is amazing

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Meowbot posted:

I think it was Tundra I ran goliaths around leveling them up and I swear it seems like poo poo drops Eridium much more often when a goliath kills it. I think I got like 25 of the drat things from half an hour of letting three goliaths clear the entire area.

Also, do slots in co-op. Every time anyone wins Eridium everyone wins Eridium. Four people all slotting make alot more money and E since it's shared.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
I was starting to wonder if you could even get the triple vault symbols on the slot machines, and then..

It fires a 6-shot burst when zoomed :commissar:

So now my lv 11 Axton has a whole bag full of wonderful goodies. I got these just minutes earlier from Assassinate the Assassins.

The shotgun I got immediately after looting a green one that fired explosive rounds with a HUGE blast radius. It was pretty good, although it only had "two" shots in it (6 shells, but consumes 3 per shot), but this one is ballin. The sniper has a massive zoom distance and hits like a brick. Plus it looks awesome. Hell they all look pretty badass.

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 26, 2012

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nastyman posted:

I was starting to wonder if you could even get the triple vault symbols on the slot machines, and then..

It fires a 6-shot burst when zoomed :commissar:

I got one of those with my Siren. My soldier on the other hand found a Torgue machinegun that was effectively a heavy bolter.

HyperHopper
Aug 12, 2011

The Diggle Commandos need you! Are you brave enough to join the Diggle Commandos?

mid game spoilers and pt1 vs pt2 discussion

In playthrough 1 when you fight warden, when it gets low it flies away to the hyperion robot factory out past dust.

However, in pt2, you can just kill the warden on the dam and then go on the mordecai mission.

Has this happened to anybody else? Are there any other story differences?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

So does anyone know what causes the Fight For Your Life bar to drain super quickly? Usually it's the same steady drop, but sometimes it depletes around twice as fast, and occasionally it's gone almost instantly.

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Vargs posted:

So does anyone know what causes the Fight For Your Life bar to drain super quickly? Usually it's the same steady drop, but sometimes it depletes around twice as fast, and occasionally it's gone almost instantly.

I'm pretty sure it's also a health bar, so if you get hit that will shorten it in addition to the slow drain.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

HyperHopper posted:

mid game spoilers and pt1 vs pt2 discussion

In playthrough 1 when you fight warden, when it gets low it flies away to the hyperion robot factory out past dust.

However, in pt2, you can just kill the warden on the dam and then go on the mordecai mission.

Has this happened to anybody else? Are there any other story differences?

You can kill it in both parts, might need to get lucky with an early corrosive weapon though in pt1. I ended up with a corrosive shotgun that melted him faster than the bots could spawn and be trouble.

I don't think there are any other branching quests, sadly.

edit:

Vargs posted:

I've found if I get downed a lot in a short span it drains quicker and quicker. Once it didn't last more than 2-3 seconds after 3 or so downs.

Early playthrough 2 of axton was pretty rough for me :smith:.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Valen posted:

I'm pretty sure it's also a health bar, so if you get hit that will shorten it in addition to the slow drain.

It might also drop faster if you get knocked down frequently. I had a string of three FFYLs last night doing Fink's arena and they felt progressively more urgent.

HyperHopper
Aug 12, 2011

The Diggle Commandos need you! Are you brave enough to join the Diggle Commandos?

Vargs posted:

getting downed in succession does this.

Does anybody know for sure if the vault hunter relic makes triple eridium / vault symbols on the slots impossible to get?

Does anybody know if a new willowtree is getting made?

Does anybody have a good working either cunning or cunning/bloodshed build for zero?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Valen posted:

I would have thought so too, but I've never seen big chunks get taken out when I get hit with a rocket or whatever. Even if it's quick, it's always a steady pace. Sometimes it'll drop immediately when there's just one or two guys around, and other times I'll have a loving army of robots throwing bullets, rockets, and lasers at me to no apparent effect.

HyperHopper posted:

getting downed in succession does this.

You sure? I got the near instant death just last night and I hadn't been downed in quite a long time. Meanwhile my suicidal gunzerker buddy takes a knee every minute and it doesn't happen super often.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 26, 2012

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Vargs posted:

I would have thought so too, but I've never seen big chunks get taken out when I get hit with a rocket or whatever. Even if it's quick, it's always a steady pace. Sometimes it'll drop immediately when there's just one or two guys around, and other times I'll have a loving army of robots throwing bullets, rockets, and lasers at me to no apparent effect. Doesn't seem to be tied to dying recently either, in my experience.

Pretty sure the game explicitly states dying multiple times in succession results in shorter FFYL times

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

TaurusTorus posted:

So I've only seen E-Tech assault rifles and pistols, what do the other ones do? I'm assuming each weapon category only has one variant cause every pistol I've found is a needler.

I have an E-Tech sniper rifle that is basically a rail gun

Gravcrash
Jul 28, 2010
I appreciate all of the advice. It partially could be my play style, and I admit I'm too reliant on the turret. So far I've went all down the Guerrilla tree.

I thought that would be the best since I'm umm.. methodical (slow). I'm not a run and gunner player and I suck at melee.

Maybe I should respec and try the survival tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

HyperHopper posted:

Does anybody know if a new willowtree is getting made?
I don't know about WillowTree, but I am developing my own save editor.

(UI subject to change. :))

• Locked thread