Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Yeah, my true waist is a 33" with a 35" inseam and I'd say so. 52 was way too big on me and the leather can always break in. I definitely never had a problem with length because the ankle was always covered by my Vertigos anyway.

Just checked the Dainese sizing chart on Revzilla. It lists a Size 50 as being a 34 inch waist too so there's that. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

You got an email address? Let's talk.

Edit: Mine is my username at the gmails.

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 16, 2012

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
If for whatever reason Ghostnuke changes his mind I'm interested as well. Been looking for a pair of leather pants for ages.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Sale is pending. He's coming over to my sperg lair to try them on next weekend and if the sale falls through they'll be back up for sale. :)

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

miiiiiiiine. :argh:

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
EDIT: Nevermind it's sold

Drunk Pledge Driver fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 17, 2012

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
Hey guys, long time no talk. Looking to possibly trade the DRZ.

I have a very nice '07 DRZ 400SM with street wheels, dirt wheels, a 5 gallon IMS desert tank and the stock tank. The bike is 100% stock (except for the desert tank) and has been well maintained with regular oil changes and a brand new master link chain. It has around 10500 miles on it and runs very strong. I have the pink slip for it and I'm considering trading it for a good 2 up touring bike. I'm looking at Goldwings, Concours's, V-strom (liter), harleys, Victory and other long distance oriented bikes capable of 2 up riding. I'm not really looking to sell, but I might if the price is right. I'm looking for well maintained bikes, no rust buckets please.

This is the Supermotard model and has the inverted forks with adjustable front and rear suspension. Both set of wheels have brand new rubber on the rears with about 1k miles left on both fronts. I have really enjoyed this bike and have put the last 4k miles on it myself, but my wife wants to ride with me and it's just underpowered and uncomfortable for long distance 2 up riding. The bike is mechanically sound and just got a check up by Sikmoto in San Luis Obispo along with a new rear. The registration is current and up to date, this is my commuter and see's regular use on the road as well as some weekend riding in the mountains.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

I have a very nice '07 DRZ 400SM with street wheels, dirt wheels, a 5 gallon IMS desert tank and the stock tank. The bike is 100% stock (except for the desert tank) and has been well maintained with regular oil changes and a brand new master link chain. It has around 10500 miles on it and runs very strong. I have the pink slip for it and I'm considering trading it for a good 2 up touring bike. I'm looking at Goldwings, Concours's, V-strom (liter), harleys, Victory and other long distance oriented bikes capable of 2 up riding. I'm not really looking to sell, but I might if the price is right. I'm looking for well maintained bikes, no rust buckets please.

This is the Supermotard model and has the inverted forks with adjustable front and rear suspension. Both set of wheels have brand new rubber on the rears with about 1k miles left on both fronts. I have really enjoyed this bike and have put the last 4k miles on it myself, but my wife wants to ride with me and it's just underpowered and uncomfortable for long distance 2 up riding. The bike is mechanically sound and just got a check up by Sikmoto in San Luis Obispo along with a new rear. The registration is current and up to date, this is my commuter and see's regular use on the road as well as some weekend riding in the mountains.

What happened to you, also good luck with trade.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

SaNChEzZ posted:

What happened to you, also good luck with trade.

Life and SO problems. Everything is going smoother now and I put about 4k miles on the DRZ since April-ish. It's fun as hell, but I'm not as into it as I thought I'd be. Also, I'd like to keep my license...

Skippy D. Doodah
Jan 5, 2006

A guy I work with is selling his 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 with 51 miles on it for $6000. He hasn't had any takers here (N. Nevada), I can get his number if anyone has any interest. No one had called him yet so I thought I'd mention it here.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Any chance you'd separate out the dirt wheels and sell them separate?

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm really trying to do an outright trade. My bike is my only ride and I think having the full set up adds value, but if I don't have any interest in it (it's posted in multiple listings) I'll get back to you about it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm really trying to do an outright trade. My bike is my only ride and I think having the full set up adds value, but if I don't have any interest in it (it's posted in multiple listings) I'll get back to you about it.

Understood, let me know if you change your mind.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Xovaan posted:

Sale is pending. He's coming over to my sperg lair to try them on next weekend and if the sale falls through they'll be back up for sale. :)

Xovaan is an AAAAAA++++ bro. Would bro from again.

Anyone on the fence about Dainese stuff should definitely buy it. I had no idea how much my old pants sucked until I put these on. Seriously. No woman has cradled my balls more tenderly.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Ghostnuke posted:

Xovaan is an AAAAAA++++ bro. Would bro from again.

Anyone on the fence about Dainese stuff should definitely buy it. I had no idea how much my old pants sucked until I put these on. Seriously. No woman has cradled my balls more tenderly.

:allears: sorry about spergin' on you about biekz and stuff bro. Being glutened and socially awkward at the same time sucks majorly.

Also remember: wash the UnderArmour compression leggings in cold water with no detergent and air dry! And get an SV650 etc.

Skumby
Jul 5, 2007
I'm Skumby dammit!!!!!!!

Synonamess Botch posted:

Parting out a DRZ-400sm motor and a few spare parts I have lying around. Not getting many bites on CL and I don't want to deal with eBay. The good stuff is:

• Hot cams intake and exhaust, #'s 2047-1IN and 2048-1E. Fits a bunch of other stuff, KLX, KFX, just google that poo poo.
  • Wiseco piston, part # 4714M09000. Is currently in a motor so you'll need rings and stuff.
  • Two sets of stock cams
  • One stock piston
  • One complete transmission

In addition is the whole rest of the motor basically. Cylinder head, cases, etc. I'm losing my garage in October so I gotta get it gone. PM me or email at noby600 at gmail. Located in the Lehigh Valley area for local sale. Pics on request.

how much for the head
?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Tourmaster Coaster Air perforated leather jacket, size 40 (Small) $50 shipping included.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Bug guts included?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Any chance you'd separate out the bug guts and sell them separate?

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
If so, how much for just the bug guts?

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I may have a set of DRZ dirt wheels available in the near future if my girlfriend decides not to get another DRZ to replace her stolen one. She's looking at one this weekend, I'll PM you if they're available. What part of the world are you in?

The SM wheels were on the bike when it was taken.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Milwaukee, so definitely shipping and not driving distance from RI

Lemme know though either way

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

xaarman posted:

If so, how much for just the bug guts?

$5 for the bug guts, plus shipping.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Located in Warren, MI - $4,400 OBO

2006 Kawasaki Ninja zx-6r
16,xxx miles
Yoshimura exhaust
Full custom paint with no logos
Power commander fully tuned
Gpr stabilizer
Speedo lights changed to blue
Smoked flush mount turn signals
LED tail with integrated turn signals
Rear fender eliminated
Will include front and rear stands too if you want

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

Selling my DL650 strom with <37k miles. With the exception of the front tire, which will need replacement before any major trips, this bike is adventure ready.

Maintenance/consumables:
- Records from myself, prior owner, and owner before him. Records indicate the bike was gone over pretty thoroughly at 8k and 19k, and the prior owner who sold to me mentioned similar treatment at 30k.
- Oil changed < every 3k with Rotella 5w-40 synthetic by me.
- Valves were checked at 19k and 30k by prior owners and were in spec.
- Chain was replaced by prior owner, presumably around 30k as well. I have cleaned and lubed the chain with Dupont stuff frequently.
- Battery was replaced new by me last summer, and stored inside on a trickle charger over last winter.
- Rear tire (Battlewing) was put on by me at ~33k when I got the bike and is in good shape still.
- Front tire (Shinko 712) will need replacement soon, but could still get you home for a reasonable fly and ride distance. If you would like to order a tire and have it shipped to me before purchasing, I will have it installed for you.
- Rear wheel bearings - I replaced these when I got the bike at ~33k just in case, turned out the old ones were fine.
- Spark plugs - I replaced these at ~33k when I got the bike.
- Eastern Beaver headlight kit - I installed this at ~33k when I got the bike. Makes the headlights significantly brighter and should prevent any future trouble with the switch failing.

Protection:
- Givi engine guards - some scrapes, but never bent out of shape.
- Hyde Racing skid plate - I liked this one the best as it doesn't weigh a ton and flexes to absorb hits. Has a couple scratches, as it's already proved its worth!
- Handguards - these are the ones with a solid metal piece, so they will protect your hands and the levers in case of impacts. Downside is, less wind protection than the floppy Suzuki ones.
- Dan Vesel radiator guard.
- Dan Vesel oil cooler guard.
- Dan Vesel oil filter guard.

Comfort:
- NEW model V-Stream windshield - this was the best solution I managed to find for wind, and the shape is less ridiculous than the old V-Stream. Still a little rough for me since I'm 6'5", but it made a difference over a California Scientific tall windshield.
- Madstad bracket.
- Heated handgrips with dial adjuster - these are a life saver in the cold, and worked well through my leather gloves.
- Locking cruise control.
- DL1000 tall seat - very small tear (<1cm), hasn't gotten bigger in the year and a half I've had the bike.
- Handlebar risers - 1" straight.
- Highway pegs - these are the kind that clamp onto the engine guards. They are a little close in for my giant legs, and the angle is kinda funny, and they buzz as the engine guards are attached to the engine... but it's still nice to have on the longer trips.

Utility:
- Pelican side cases - one is a little beat up, the other leaks a little, but they've still held a ton of gear and/or groceries as required. I put daytime oriented hi-viz tape on, so it works great both day and night rather than the reflective stuff that only really works at night.
- Rear box - holds 1 helmet and some other stuff, has a backrest for the passenger.
- 12v adapter under the seat - fused.
- Tank bag - big enough to hold a 12 pack, has a rain cover.
- Underseat 12v tire pump from motopumps.com.

Extras:
- Shorty cut up windshield, from a Bandit apparently? I preferred no windshield for around town, but do as you please.
- Tire plug kit, it looks old so not sure how good it is.
- A little tool kit under the seat with some assorted tools
- Tubing for syncing the throttle bodies (done by previous owner, not me).
- Stock windshield mount.
- Binder with printed out service manual.

Price is $4500, firm for now as I'm not really pressured to sell. No interest in parting out. Please ask if you have any questions or would like detailed pictures of anything.

I am located in Chicago IL, so it would be very easy to get to me via O'Hare or Midway airports for a fly and ride home. I will prepare the bike with an oil change, chain lube etc so it's all ready to go for your trip. Alternately, if you pay for a plane ticket home for me I would consider (depending when and where) riding the bike out to you.

Pictures:

Fits two first aid kits (not included), tire pump, tool kit, tire patch kit.

Eastern beaver headlight relay kit:

Crash evidence; as far as I know all spills have been very low speed:

Rear tire tread:

Front tire tread:

I have additional gear that I would consider making a deal with for additional cost if you are interested in any of the following:

Helmets:
Scorpion EXO 700 helmet, large, black w/ gold, black visor w/ extra clear visor that is scratched up (but works for night riding if needed)
HJC CL-15 helmet, large, silver/white/black, clear visor
Suomy Spectre helmet, large, silver/white/yellow, photochromatic goggles
AFX FX-90 helmet, small, red, clear visor

Jackets:
Scorpion All-in leather jacket, large tall, black/black
Tourmaster Draft Air mesh jacket, medium (size 42), grey/black
Joe Rocket unknown model textile/leather jacket (leather on shoulders + arms), women's small, red/black

Pants:
Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0 textile pants, medium tall, black
Fieldsheer Titanium Air 4.0 mesh pants, XL, black

The kneepads have been removed from these pants for use with knee protectors, but I still have them and will include them.

Other:
Dainese knee protectors, large
Alpinestars 2010 SMX plus boots, size 47 euro (fits my size 12 feet), black
Joe Rocket Highside leather gloves, extra large, black
Fieldsheer Thunder one piece rain suit, 2XL, wacky lightning pattern on grey
Forcefield Sub 4 back protector, XL

Man_of_Teflon fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 8, 2013

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Why are you selling?

In case anyone is interested, I'm planning on putting my adventure-prepped Yamaha WR250R on the market soon.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

MotoMind posted:

Why are you selling?

In case anyone is interested, I'm planning on putting my adventure-prepped Yamaha WR250R on the market soon.

I might be interested in parts if you're selling anything separate.

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

MotoMind posted:

Why are you selling?

Riding in the city of Chicago blows (just watched someone die), and all the good adventure riding is too far away for me to really have the chance to get out there thanks to my job :(

Hopefully there is a DRZ and some twisty roads devoid of rear end in a top hat drivers in my life at some point in the future.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

I might be interested in parts if you're selling anything separate.

What are you looking for? I have bits and bobs that may end up separate.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

MotoMind posted:

What are you looking for? I have bits and bobs that may end up separate.

Nothing in particular I'm just always buying parts for this bike. I had the idea of a quick swappable IMS tank for longer trips and dirt wheels/tires for winter.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Selling a brand new Givi T418 Tail/Roll bag.
SOLD

Brand new, never used. Still has tags on it and all included accessories still in shrink wrap (rain cover, straps). Bought when I still had the ST1100, but never used it and likely never will since my Concours has a smuggler hard trunk.

I think it's rated @ 48L volume. I put a tape measure next to it a minute ago, and I'd say its approx 17" long x 12" wide x 10" tall, give or take. It's pretty big and you could stuff a lot into it. Has pockets around the sides of it too. It's made in Italy so you know its as cool as gently caress.

I think these go for about $85-ish new if you can find one (not common in North America). Asking $45 (CDN or US) plus true postage to ship which I can figure out once I get your address and package it up.

I live in Canada, but will ship it pretty much anywhere for true cost.

Edit: Had a PM asking for more details so thought I'd amend post for everyone.

Photo of what you get. Tail pack, Givi packaging, straps, instructions and rain cover.

Mounting options. Bungies to tie off of built in and D-Rings. Could probably use that strap with quick connects too I guess.

Gives you an idea of the size.

Photo of a similar bag on an SV I found on google

Will take paypal :argh: or good old Canada/US cash in an envelope.
Edit:

Package is 19x19x4.5 inches @ 5.2 lbs.
Canada post rates can be found here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/personal/findARate?execution=e2s1

Originating postal code T1H 5N3
Canada Post to the US can be INSANELY EXPENSIVE I can probably ship UPS out of Montana if the buyer isn't in a big rush as I typically go across every month or so.
SOLD

slidebite fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 27, 2012

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Going to be putting my 08 Versys up for sale in Wichita, KS. $4500

Will trade for an equal value Sporster :911:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Trip Daddy X posted:

Located in Warren, MI - $4,400 OBO

2006 Kawasaki Ninja zx-6r
16,xxx miles
Yoshimura exhaust
Full custom paint with no logos
Power commander fully tuned
Gpr stabilizer
Speedo lights changed to blue
Smoked flush mount turn signals
LED tail with integrated turn signals
Rear fender eliminated
Will include front and rear stands too if you want

Buy my biek! Price lowered to $4200.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
2007 Triumph Speed Triple
$5700 OBO
16k miles
Current Registration, Clean CA Title*

The Good:
CF Flyscreen
CF Front Fender
CF Chain Guard
CF Radiator guards with flushmount turn signals
Pazzo/CRG? Adjustable Brake Lever
Stebel Nautilus Horn
Integrated rear turn signals
Napoleon bar end mirror
Stainless Lines
Dunlop D220s with about 60% life
New AGM battery
I also have the tuning cable and software to go with it.

The bad:
Scrapes on the left side engine cover
Minor scratches on the tank
Minor scratch on the left rear tailsection
Left grip is slightly rashed up on the bottom, same with bar.
Small crack in the left side CF radiator guard.

*The Ugly:
This bike has current registration, clean CA title, but it was purchased from a friend who crashed it on the track out in Salt Lake City. He got paid out by insurance on it (I have the dealer repair estimate somewhere), and sold it to me, but insurance hadn't issued him a salvage title, and when I registered it here in CA, I was sent a clean title. I don't know what or why that happened, if CA doesn't check out of state salvage titles or what, but it does show up in the NICB database as salvage, but I hold a clean CA title with current registration. I'm not sure if this means in the future the title will show up as salvage, but in the interests of complete disclosure, this is what happened. In terms of the mechanicals, I rode the bike home 800 miles in a day with no problems, and have continued to ride it over the last few months without the slightest issue. No oil leaks, doesn't burn oil. Completely solid bike with the exception of the cosmetic flaws.

Extras - Have a Mad Dog undertail (http://www.newspeed3.com/html/mad_doctor_fek.html) for it, and a Laminar Lip (http://www.laminarlip.com/speedtriple.php) windscreen.

Selling because I want to start the next project - could be interested in trades for an SXV + cash, a Ninja 650 + cash, or potentially a cheap ZRX1100 or ZRX1200 plus cash.

Damage to tank:

Damage to tailsection

Scrapes on left engine cover:

Scrapes on right engine cover:

Mileage - will go up as I keep riding it:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 10, 2012

kgibson
Aug 6, 2003
Hey guys, I have a few things I need to sell, so I thought I'd see if there was any goon interest before I went the eBay route.

Dainese jacket, size 50 Euro / 40 US. I bought this new in March. Worn <20 times, kept in good shape. Has elbow / shoulder inserts but no back plate. Includes liner which isn't pictured. I don't recall the model name. I think $350 shipped would be reasonable based on the $500 MSRP and its condition.

Tourmaster Flex Pants, size S. Purchased from Fangs404 from this thread back in late March. I've worn them probably <10 times, and they're in the same condition they were in when I got them from him. Includes all the removable panels and liner and so on, and I have the bag of spare buttons somewhere as well. I paid him $130, I think, so I suppose $120 shipped is reasonable given the lack of significant wear since I've had them.

Shoei RF 1100 helmet, size M. Also purchased new back in March. It's a bit dirty but it's in excellent shape. I've worn it probably <20 times as well. Never dropped, dinged, etc. I have the original box and documentation as well. I'd let this go for $325 shipped.

Photos here: http://imgur.com/a/vizb5

Also, for any of you in LA, I'm going to be selling an '84 Honda VT500FT if there's any interest. I've just put a bunch of work into it, it's running quite well, and it's a damned awesome bike.

http://imgur.com/a/x23Kx

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

kgibson posted:

Hey guys, I have a few things I need to sell, so I thought I'd see if there was any goon interest before I went the eBay route.

Dainese jacket, size 50 Euro / 40 US. I bought this new in March. Worn <20 times, kept in good shape. Has elbow / shoulder inserts but no back plate. Includes liner which isn't pictured. I don't recall the model name. I think $350 shipped would be reasonable based on the $500 MSRP and its condition.

Tourmaster Flex Pants, size S. Purchased from Fangs404 from this thread back in late March. I've worn them probably <10 times, and they're in the same condition they were in when I got them from him. Includes all the removable panels and liner and so on, and I have the bag of spare buttons somewhere as well. I paid him $130, I think, so I suppose $120 shipped is reasonable given the lack of significant wear since I've had them.

Shoei RF 1100 helmet, size M. Also purchased new back in March. It's a bit dirty but it's in excellent shape. I've worn it probably <20 times as well. Never dropped, dinged, etc. I have the original box and documentation as well. I'd let this go for $325 shipped.

Also, for any of you in LA, I'm going to be selling an '84 Honda VT500FT if there's any interest. I've just put a bunch of work into it, it's running quite well, and it's a damned awesome bike.

Dat bike :stare: how much would you be asking? Curiosity's sake...

kgibson
Aug 6, 2003
I'd probably initially ask for $2250, especially since I haven't had it for long and since I've put a lot of recent work into it.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

kgibson posted:

:stare: I'm very intrigued and in Lancaster CA (regarding the bike). Ill be driving to CA from TX for the next few days and considering..!

kgibson
Aug 6, 2003
Right on, I'm not excessively far from Lancaster. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have questions / want some more info!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kgibson
Aug 6, 2003
Hey guys, if the lack of responses to my post is b/c of what I'm asking for the items, I'm happy to consider reasonable offers. I'd much rather sell this stuff to some goons than to have to deal w/ eBay...