Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
That's incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 6, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

#2 at the box office is the one that finally got me to laugh

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

boom boom boom posted:

How'd he miss EMILY BLUNTT?

EMILY .[UNT

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
For some reason Septic 28th got me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Farbtoner posted:

Every one of those quotes is indistinguishable from the real thing and this person spent more time and effort coming up with poop jokes than any floating head photoshop artist.

Holy gently caress, this keeps getting better the more you look at it :suspense:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Flash fact on that picture: the guy left it outside the bathroom at his office and his coworkers are the ones who wrote all over it

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
So Netflix just hit me with these two side-by-side:

Which reminded me of

But that exhausted my memory; what other movie posters use this template?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Farbtoner posted:

Every one of those quotes is indistinguishable from the real thing and this person spent more time and effort coming up with poop jokes than any floating head photoshop artist.

Why would Rian Johnson supply a quote for his own movie.

But that's not a poop joke! Have some maturity please.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 9, 2012

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cacator posted:

Why would Rian Johnson supply a quote for his own movie.

Looking at it again, I loving love Stein's popped collar. I imagine some Christian marketing schmuck wracking his brain trying to figure out how to make a hundred-year-old Nixon speech writer look cool and edgy and throwing his hands up and going "Popped collars! gently caress it, kids like that right?"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

:effort:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
TEb and Venus?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Gonz posted:

TEb and Venus?

Is Rhea Perlman the "woman of his dreams" that the man is chasing? Because...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cacator posted:

Is Rhea Perlman the "woman of his dreams" that the man is chasing? Because...

Nah, it's Woody Harrelson.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

So a sequel to Harold and Maude then huh?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Jesus, Bud Cort's movie career is as :smith: as his best-known character.

Though he's probably comfortable with it, so there's that.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Fayez Butts posted:

Lets talk about a Good Poster

Created by David Fincher. He's also directing two of 13 episodes, all of which will go live on Netflix at once on February 1st. I for one am pretty fuckin psyched.

This is a good cover? It looks like something Colbert would use for a book cover. The blood doesn't even look like blood and there's nothing particularly interesting about a hand giving the V-sign.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Nilbop posted:

This is a good cover? It looks like something Colbert would use for a book cover. The blood doesn't even look like blood and there's nothing particularly interesting about a hand giving the V-sign.

I think it's quite striking imagery. In context with the rest of the poster, the hand tells us a lot about the character without saying a word - he's achieved victory with blood on his hands, but that doesn't stop him from relishing in his victory: a corrupt politician. A lot better than the usual wonkily-photoshopped face and a massive text "JEFFREY IS A CORRUPT POLITICIAN BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE HAS TO LEARN THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS IN THEATERS FEBRUARY 1"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

New poster for John Dies At The End has been released. While I love painted posters, I find this one a bit lacking.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

'Memorable Romantic Comedy?' That sounds like damning it with faint praise on its own cover text.

Also, I was kind of hoping it was a Bill and Ted spin off.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

That tagline is amazing.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Ted and Venus belongs in the hall of fame, if there's not already an :effort: category, there's the undisputed champion.

Nilbop posted:

As Forktoss said, the imagery is nice. But I agree the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I'm just so jazzed for a Fincher and Spacey series.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 10, 2012

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

That tagline has a "The Room" like quality to it.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

It's in Dolby Digital?! gently caress yeah, I'm buyin' it!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's the Gangster Squad teaser, feel free to rip it. We went through hell to get to this point.

Floating heads???

Just getting out ahead of it.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

kiimo posted:

Here's the Gangster Squad teaser, feel free to rip it. We went through hell to get to this point.

Floating heads???

I like the general concept of that blue frame, but Gosling's hand hanging off the side of it there looks pretty naff. Maybe it's the fact that it's going completely out of the picture. Maybe it's that it balances poorly with the gun on the other side.

But other than that this is the PERFECT MOVIE POSTER and I will MARRY IT, YES

Lady in red should be throwing off the composition, but I'm really loving it. And it's not floating heads at all. And who doesn't love a bit of fire?

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

:stare: Wow. The fire, the Emma Stone, the Hollywoodland, it just all seems so disjointed. I will say that I like the blue frame around everything.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hate Ryan's arm. The filmmakers demanded it. In fact I hate Ryan's image all together. That's the same one from the standee we teased before the theater shooting went down.

Just a teaser though. There is other art coming out that is really good. I mean...so far.

Perfect example of how you don't choose the best poster, you choose the highest common denominator of what everybody will accept. Then you tweak it to accommodate everyone's notes and the MPAA's restrictions and the Director's Guild's restrictions and whatever bullshit publicists come up with until it doesn't look right anymore.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It looks like a combination of a classy as gently caress poster from decades ago and a not so classy poster from the modern day. I can't really tell whether I liked it or not.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Isn't showing smoking on a poster/in a trailer an issue these days? Or have you gotten around it by not showing the glowing cherry?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Maybe he's just holding a piece of chalk near some burning incense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah exactly on the cigarette.

I have to say God bless Sean Penn. Sent him likeness approval and he said he didn't like the touched up look, it was too touched up. Said make me look like a gangster, go back a few versions and remove the touch-up I don't care if I look bad.

He's wearing a bunch of make-up to look like Mickey Cohen but that viewpoint is so awesome and rare.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

kiimo posted:

I hate Ryan's arm. The filmmakers demanded it. In fact I hate Ryan's image all together. That's the same one from the standee we teased before the theater shooting went down.

Looks like his jaw got beefed up quite a bit to square-ify it. Could just be the angle, lighting, or collateral damage from having to photoshop the hell out of it for other reasons, though.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
New poster for Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3d

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Slasherfan posted:

New poster for Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3d

Be afraid... of dirty Xerox machines!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He's dressed like a grandpa.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

kiimo posted:

Floating heads???

PLASTIC SQUAD.

Also, "Gangster Squad" sounds like some lovely GTA ripoff video game name from the late 90s.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

That poster screams to me "Emma Stone is not actually in this movie".

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I like the Gangster Squad poster. I know the font is used pretty extensively in similar projects but the whole thing really evokes the era quite successfully.

kiimo posted:

I have to say God bless Sean Penn. Sent him likeness approval and he said he didn't like the touched up look, it was too touched up. Said make me look like a gangster, go back a few versions and remove the touch-up I don't care if I look bad.

He's wearing a bunch of make-up to look like Mickey Cohen but that viewpoint is so awesome and rare.
Sean Penn's a pretty cool guy from all accounts anyway, and that makes him even cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stare-Out posted:

Sean Penn's a pretty cool guy from all accounts anyway, and that makes him even cooler.

Well, except for Madonna's account.