Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

This seems highly suspect but: http://gamersxtreme.org/2012/10/11/darkstalkers-resurrection-and-darkstalkers-are-not-dead-officially-confirmed/

It's especially suspect because of comments being made in the Capcom-Unity stream chat:

Capcomunity: HDR, MvC2 led to bigger things thanks to such positive reception
Capcomunity: I know it's not a new game, but it's the first time we've had something to show for this series in many years
Capcomunity: And if it does well, that's a good sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah calling bullshit on that one until more info surfaces.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Brosnan posted:

Just announced: Street Fighter x Tekken 2013, a free update for the game you already know and hate.

Why would they even spend the money doing this? They should at least charge for the update because the only people still playing it are dumb enough to pay for it.

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Legend has it the world was hatched from a dingus egg.

Gutcruncher posted:

Why would they even spend the money doing this? They should at least charge for the update because the only people still playing it are dumb enough to pay for it.

Because a free update that makes the game fun might get more people to buy DLC for it.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe they'll, like, remove gems and increase movespeed by 50% and add running and shorthops and completely redo all the art assets and remove the lovely ultra animations and make tag combos more damaging and add more interesting systems.

And it'll probably still be bad.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Hillbilly Pharoh posted:

Because a free update that makes the game fun might get more people to buy DLC for it.

If its a free update then they didnt do nearly enough work to transform SFxT into something fun.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I still got my copy of SFxT. My body is ready.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

I still got my copy of SFxT. My body is ready.

Can't throw a digital copy out the window, so I'm ready too!

Gutcruncher posted:

Why would they even spend the money doing this?
I really think they expected SFxT to be the next big thing, replacing SFIV. Look at their expected (and failed) sales numbers and all the merch they made for it. It doesn't surprise me they aren't giving up on it. Besides, a balance patch isn't the most expensive thing in the world for a company. They'll throw a pretty trailer for it promising a "rebalanced for FREE!" game like they did with AE2012 and some people will bite.

Also, SFxT 2013 PC, coming Q4 2014! Will you cross the line?!

The answer is no

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Brosnan posted:

Yeah calling bullshit on that one until more info surfaces.

SRK saying they saw it as well

So a bit more confirmed now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

It was a pitch video Ono made but Capcom hasn't greenlighted it so honestly him showing it off is irresponsible at best. Edit: https://twitter.com/MardenBlake/status/256516164853841921

Capcom-Unity's stream is live, btw: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 11, 2012

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Sex Vicar posted:

SRK saying they saw it as well

So a bit more confirmed now.

No they're not; they're saying that they saw another website say it.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Brosnan posted:

No they're not; they're saying that they saw another website say it.

They didn't have the link in there when I posted it. gently caress SRK then :argh:

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

That trailer's hilarious. Looks like Ed Boon's been playing Marvel 3.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Here's handcam footage of Ono's proof-of-concept/hype building video for a new Darkstalkers title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_skngJlTDg

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

More specific info about SFxT ver.2013

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/11/street-fighter-x-tekken-2013-announced-new-york-comic-con/

Well at least theyre fixing the lifebar color, with lifebars being yellow and red instead of yellow and slightly different yellow.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Here's handcam footage of Ono's proof-of-concept/hype building video for a new Darkstalkers title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_skngJlTDg

drat that was nice. Lord Raptor looked cool as hell.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Psycho "cabbage josh" Pots sighting in the comments. Remember that if darkstalkers comes back, we'll be dealing with people like this daily:

Hormples
May 3, 2002

ARRGHH!!
MY BONES!!

The ESA has some pretty gnarly rules about how much boob game companies are allowed to feature in promotional stuff, so that by itself could lead to characters like Morrigan not being featured prominently.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
Looks alot like sfxtekken and sf4 graphically.

Hopefully they just arent sticking it into the same engine.

EA Sports fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 12, 2012

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EA Sports posted:

Looks alike like sfxtekken and sf4 graphically.

Hah, this guy. What do you expect them to do if not exactly that?

Sade posted:

Psycho "cabbage josh" Pots sighting in the comments. Remember that if darkstalkers comes back, we'll be dealing with people like this daily:

Was that the charming fellow who wanted advice with his touhou giant fetish game?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 12, 2012

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

Sade posted:

Why should anybody care. Why did you post this.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

demons. posted:

Why should anybody care. Why did you post this.

He's an SA fighting games thread superstar.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

EA Sports posted:

Looks alot like sfxtekken and sf4 graphically.

MT Framework is a pretty nice engine and the graphics have absolutely nothing to do with how well it plays. :colbert:

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

WickedIcon posted:

MT Framework is a pretty nice engine and the graphics have absolutely nothing to do with how well it plays. :colbert:

SF4 doesn't use Mt Framework, unless you count the 3DS version.

EDIT: I stand corrected. AE does, but Vanilla doesn't(?).

Lord Chumley fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 12, 2012

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ban all titchat in Games.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am super stoked for actual real Darkstalkers news :krad:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I don't know if I should be excited for a new Darkstalkers if its coming from Ono and the SF4/SFxT team. I mean I hope its not bad.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

PonchAxis posted:

I don't know if I should be excited for a new Darkstalkers if its coming from Ono and the SF4/SFxT team. I mean I hope its not bad.

It is that or nothing. I would rather the chance for it to come out and stand on its own for good or for ill, than nothing ever again.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Considering my entire existence would be several magnitudes better without Street Fighter X Tekken every being created, no I'm going to go with nothing on this one. Sorry everybody.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I donno about you guys but the actual announced game, which sounds rather like Dark Stalkers Chronicles, is what I'm excited about. I don't really need another slow loving 2-d fighter, but if I can finally play DS with good netcode (SF3:OE was pretty okay) that'll be awesome.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Official trailer for Darkstalkers Resurrection

http://youtu.be/Hfq9cmEs6PQ

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

That trailer's hilarious. Looks like Ed Boon's been playing Marvel 3.
Right? They even gave him Hawkeye's slide.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
MK-style combos look so weird. Like they don't follow any kind of physical logic.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Yeah, I'd rather not see how terrible a game can be under the guise of it being "better than nothing." Especially considering that there's pretty much no way they'll retain any of the Darkstalkers animations in 3D.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Broken Loose posted:

Yeah, I'd rather not see how terrible a game can be under the guise of it being "better than nothing." Especially considering that there's pretty much no way they'll retain any of the Darkstalkers animations in 3D.

Well I'd rather see the game come out and live and die under its own merits before people throwing it in the shitter before there's even so much as a gameplay video.

And the Darkstalkers crew in Marvel 3 all animate great and are very faithful to the series in appearance and character, and I don't see any reason why it would not be even better yet in a proper new game.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Evil Canadian posted:

Well I'd rather see the game come out and live and die under its own merits before people throwing it in the shitter before there's even so much as a gameplay video.

And the Darkstalkers crew in Marvel 3 all animate great and are very faithful to the series in appearance and character, and I don't see any reason why it would not be even better yet in a proper new game.

Their animation is not nearly as good as the 2d versions, and it will only be worse for characters with more complicated animations like Jedah.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Not to mention that Marvel 3 was done by Niitsuma, not Ono. I would be more excited for a Niitsuma-produced Darkstalkers game by several orders of magnitude.

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

dangerdoom volvo posted:

MK-style combos look so weird. Like they don't follow any kind of physical logic.

What does this even mean? compared to what, also?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I think we'll all be a lot happier if we assume that a new Darkstalkers will end up awesome and wont turn out to be Ono making GBS threads all over the place and needlessly trolling everyone continuously over Twitter for months until release.

I mean, at least the proof of concept CGI teaser video was cool and wasn't just Ono prancing around in a Morrigan costume for 2 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Make no mistake. He'll end up in a Morrigan costume before the game is released if it's ever green-lit.

• Locked thread