Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ez posted:

Right in front of the giant Marcus statue on the dam where you fight W4R-D3N, there is a switch that opens a little hole with a ladder inside. What is this for? I tried throwing a gun in there and hitting the switch but nothing happened.

Try throwing another player there instead. Or don't, the loot is pretty crappy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Ez posted:

Right in front of the giant Marcus statue on the dam where you fight W4R-D3N, there is a switch that opens a little hole with a ladder inside. What is this for? I tried throwing a gun in there and hitting the switch but nothing happened.

Bring a friend! Get them to investigate the hole. Press button.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Pesterchum posted:

Bring a friend! Get them to investigate the hole. Press button.

Looked up a video. Neat little easter egg.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

fivegears4reverse posted:

(watch the rest get trapped under the body/in the lava :sigh:).

loving TWICE now I've had a legendary get trapped under the final boss. First kill ever he dropped an orange shotgun and after that... I forgot but none the less that was absolutely enraging.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ez posted:

Even after 3 playthroughs, blowing the arms off those Hyperion stooge bots is still so very drat satisfying.

Slicing their limbs off with Law while Order converts their robotears into bips that refill your health is the best :unsmigghh:

E:

My siren has a fantastic Dahl SMG that fires in three round bursts, has zero muzzle climb, fairly large mag, and does a shitload of damage. I love it dearly. And no stupid scope that does more harm than good!

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 13, 2012

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I just found a kinda neat bug: Respeccing while discord is active makes discord permanent. You can no longer gain anarchy stacks, but you get the fire rate, accuracy and regen benefits of discord for no cost. It doesn't wear off til you quit or actively turn it off.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 13, 2012

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Capn Beeb posted:

My siren has a fantastic Dahl SMG that fires in three round bursts, has zero muzzle climb, fairly large mag, and does a shitload of damage. I love it dearly. And no stupid scope that does more harm than good!
There's no easy way to do it without cheating, but look out for the Emperor. Its burst is 6 rounds all on a dime, it's even more of what you love!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Wow the Wilheim fight really was underwhelming, I took him out his health bar in seconds with an e-tech tediore corrosive smg.

At first I was strafing him expecting him to be an impressive challenge, totally not the case.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

JackDarko posted:

Wow the Wilheim fight really was underwhelming, I took him out his health bar in seconds with an e-tech tediore corrosive smg.

At first I was strafing him expecting him to be an impressive challenge, totally not the case.

There's a reason for that, think about the next mission...

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GunblazeGriffin posted:

A user posted one that seems to be working well enough for the latest Steam version, but I'd expect it to change before (and certainly on) the day of the new DLC

Link to a 1.11 CT

So, I just downloaded this CT you linked. How do I use it? There does not seem to be any instructions on how to use Cheat Tables in the OP of the thread.

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005
Well you gotta have Cheat Engine 6.2 installed. You open it in that, load the game and get to where the level is loaded, alt+tab out of the game. Go to CE, there will be a logo of a computer directly below the File button, it should have a red/green box around it. Click it and select Borderlands 2 from the list (itll be near or at the bottom), then simply click the checkbox next to whatever things you want/need. Some require changing the value like ones that change weapon level, double click the value field and add a number, like your level or whatever. I know with the weapon scripts you go back into game, highlight the weapon in your inventory, hit F2, hear a beep then unequip the weapon and reequip it. When messing with the weapon level scripts back up your save. I had a glitch where all my weapons went to level 1, with no backup save.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Man, the Warrior is absolutely refusing to drop a Conference Call for me no matter how many times I kill him. Must have spent an hour on him last night killing him in maybe a minute with The Bee. :sigh: Maybe I'll spice it up with Bunker or Terra runs so I don't go insane.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The older table (the one released after mechro patch but before the most recent patch) still works, and it has the most options I believe.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TShields posted:

I only cheated for skins by downloading those goon-made saves, which really has no bearing on gameplay.. cheating for keys just feels wrong.

Except it not because it's a video game, which are about fun and not about teaching ethics.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I got the rockets for my dual turrets, and now it doesn't even matter that I'm underleveled.

My god, these things just create a wall of terror and death. I LOVE it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ExtremeODD posted:

Well you gotta have Cheat Engine 6.2 installed. You open it in that, load the game and get to where the level is loaded, alt+tab out of the game. Go to CE, there will be a logo of a computer directly below the File button, it should have a red/green box around it. Click it and select Borderlands 2 from the list (itll be near or at the bottom), then simply click the checkbox next to whatever things you want/need. Some require changing the value like ones that change weapon level, double click the value field and add a number, like your level or whatever. I know with the weapon scripts you go back into game, highlight the weapon in your inventory, hit F2, hear a beep then unequip the weapon and reequip it. When messing with the weapon level scripts back up your save. I had a glitch where all my weapons went to level 1, with no backup save.

How do I add the weapon leveling script from http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5414744&sid=4a6864a7c8d4b9a0ae17fe4ff1b20598#5414744 to the Borderlands 2 table?

Wow, this CheatEngine thing is pretty drat complicated.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 13, 2012

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Sorry but anything SMGs can do pistols and assault rifles can do better. Slagga and Lascaux are as good as they get (and kinda decent). None of the legendary SMGs are much good at all, especially the Emperor.

SMGs have huge ammo pools, making them ideal for two things: Tediore reloads and plasma casters. I max out my SMG ammo storage ASAP and grab the best Tediore I can find and use it exclusively as a hand grenade. The instant damage is just so good for taking out tough enemies.

Etech assault rifles are a serious drain on resources because, even maxed out, they just use up ammo too quick. You can carry so much ammo with an SMG that I use plasma casters as much as possible and still never run critically low on ammo.

On my Salvador I got a Dahl corrosive Etech SMG at level 25 that I used all the way to the final boss at level 33 and it never left my equip slot. Thing was still melting Super Badass Loaders at Hero's Pass.

edit:

Just finished a second playthrough on a Gunzerker after having played the first as a Commando. This is the first FPS I've played in a long time where the second playthrough was just as fun as the first. Mechromancer next :toot:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I keep a Tediore plasma caster around just to fire one shot, then throw at and subsequently one shot/hugely damage a boss. Close to a million damage if you pop a Bee on before the throw, and that's at like level 36.

If I use it as a normal gun (it's a very good gun despite eating through ammo) I end up killing myself by facing a wall or something similar when I reload. So that's not an option.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Agrajag posted:

How do I add the weapon leveling script from http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5414744&sid=4a6864a7c8d4b9a0ae17fe4ff1b20598#5414744 to the Borderlands 2 table?

Wow, this CheatEngine thing is pretty drat complicated.

Just use this table. Apparently it won't work for some people after the most recent patch, but it still works fine for me (at least the leveling items script does).

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Epic High Five posted:

I keep a Tediore plasma caster around just to fire one shot, then throw at and subsequently one shot/hugely damage a boss. Close to a million damage if you pop a Bee on before the throw, and that's at like level 36.

If I use it as a normal gun (it's a very good gun despite eating through ammo) I end up killing myself by facing a wall or something similar when I reload. So that's not an option.

You would think you'd get use to tediore's explosive reloads at some point, but here I am, 100 hours later, still chucking gun-grenades at my feet and trickshotting reloads back into my face.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Kaysette posted:

There's a reason for that, think about the next mission...

True but I still expected to get my rear end handed to me.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You would think you'd get use to tediore's explosive reloads at some point, but here I am, 100 hours later, still chucking gun-grenades at my feet and trickshotting reloads back into my face.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The best Tediore reload I ever did was reflexively trying to get the most mileage out of One Shot One Kill. My friend was downed and trying to get a Second Wind kill when I threw it in his general direction to be a dick. Imagine my surprise when it literally propelled itself like a rocket, hit the guy he was wearing down, and, because it had most of its clip left, killed all the other full-health dudes who were within reach.

He ran out of FFYL time and respawned before I could get to him, he was soooooo pissed. It was great.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
I almost feel like TVHM is easier in some respects than normal mode. I just beat it for the first time, and the road to the final boss was a cakewalk. My first go, I got slaughtered multiple times. Maybe I'm just more "seasoned".

Anyway, I downed the boss twice and only got a couple upgrades over poo poo I found in the golden chest. Kinda underwhelming, but I'm glad I did it. I did get a nearly 30k damage sniper rifle, which is pretty absurd.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love
So is there some way to transfer skins and heads from the download in this thread to a main character? Do you have to place them in claptrap's stash, or is something easier possible?
I would like a top-hat, but I don't really want to play another character to sanctuary to get one.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Well, I went broke, but it was worth it.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

XarsonX posted:

So is there some way to transfer skins and heads from the download in this thread to a main character? Do you have to place them in claptrap's stash, or is something easier possible?
I would like a top-hat, but I don't really want to play another character to sanctuary to get one.

Customization items are account bound and not tied to individual characters. Just load the saves, click a bunch of stuff, and the skins will be unlocked for any characters you have or create in the future.

XarsonX
Oct 24, 2003

Phage love

TacticalGranny posted:

Customization items are account bound and not tied to individual characters. Just load the saves, click a bunch of stuff, and the skins will be unlocked for any characters you have or create in the future.

Ahh. Thanks for the clarification.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

So after playing Gaige for 14 levels and seriously not finding any bloody shotguns in ANY loving CRATES ANYWHERE!!! I've decided I'm just going to rob my gunzerkers.

I just wanted to know if there is anything I need to be aware before using claptraps stash thingy because I recall reading something about it being glitched and you can lose your stuff, is this true or nerd paranoia?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

What are good guns for an early-game Chaos Gaige? Or would people recommend holding off on that tree until I've got more points? I like the class for the most part, but I'm having some trouble critically selecting my equipment.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Professor Chaos posted:

So after playing Gaige for 14 levels and seriously not finding any bloody shotguns in ANY loving CRATES ANYWHERE!!! I've decided I'm just going to rob my gunzerkers.

I just wanted to know if there is anything I need to be aware before using claptraps stash thingy because I recall reading something about it being glitched and you can lose your stuff, is this true or nerd paranoia?

As long as your profile.bin file isn't set to read-only, you should be fine. You can always make a backup if you're worried about it.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Gaige = shotguns. That's pretty much it if you're going to use Anarchy.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

TacticalGranny posted:

As long as your profile.bin file isn't set to read-only, you should be fine. You can always make a backup if you're worried about it.

I knew it was something to do with read-only just couldn't remember the details, thanks!

Now its time to gently caress some poo poo up, ANARCHY FOREVER!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Pharmaskittle posted:

What are good guns for an early-game Chaos Gaige? Or would people recommend holding off on that tree until I've got more points? I like the class for the most part, but I'm having some trouble critically selecting my equipment.

I like Dahl burst guns, pistols and smgs, the whole burst mechanic seems to make them a tad bit more accurate and Anarchy stacks can turn the bursts into monster damage. I'm also been using the highest power Jakobs revolver that I can find due to it's combination of high damage, decent accuracy, and fast reload time making them really good a building stacks. And obviously shotguns, I like the Hyperion ones that can get more accurate as you fire

You'll obviously have to engage a medium to short range due to the accuracy penalty so Blood Soaking Shields along with the biggest capacity shield you can get will serve you well. Deathtrap is also essential, he draws fire and can put out decent damage himself.

If you plan on running an Anarchy stack larger then 125ish you need all 5 points in "Close Enough", it helps you deal with your many many misses.

Edit: Also apparently if you are really good with quickscoping with a sniper you can get an accurate shot before Anarhy kicks when you ADS.

Zikan fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 13, 2012

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I just got DT up to 45 stacks of upshot robot while at around 100 stacks of anarchy. by the end his time bar was going down pretty fast, but he was one-shotting most of the bandits and spider ants he flew up to. So he was alive for an extra 3 minutes 45 seconds and was doing 280% damage (anarchy aside) at the end.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
edit: I'm an idiot.

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 13, 2012

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Genocyber posted:

Just use this table. Apparently it won't work for some people after the most recent patch, but it still works fine for me (at least the leveling items script does).

Thank you very much and yes the weapon leveler still works.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm pretty sure that by 300 stacks of anarchy my bullets are going backwards.

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

This is from a while back, but it still makes me laugh, as I have no idea why this would show up. Anyone who's used UDK will remember this texture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ah Pook posted:

This is from a while back, but it still makes me laugh, as I have no idea why this would show up. Anyone who's used UDK will remember this texture.

I think that happens when the game can't find the necessary texture (as in, it gets deleted or goes "bad" for some reason, requiring the user to revalidate their game's cache.) A lot of games have issues like this. Although it's not always a checkerboard pattern, in BL2's case it actually is, since it's built on the Unreal engine.

• Locked thread