Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cythereal posted:

It's the same reason the Bounty Hunter ship bears a notable resemblance to Boba Fett's ship, the Jedi ship resembles the Rebel blockade runner ship, the Trooper ship looks like a B-wing fighter, and the Smuggler ship looks like the Millenium Falcon and Ebon Hawk: they're specifically intended to evoke the imagery and feelings associated with particular characters and organizations from the movies. Once again, the only place where Bioware got/was allowed to get creative was with the Imperial Agent.

In the case of the Fury, it's justified in-setting by being built by the same corporation that built the TIE ships.

The Phantom ship looks vaguely derivative of the royal starship from the Phantom Menace.

However, I think the greater offence lies in just how blatantly some uniforms are cribbed from the movies. It's like TOR takes place in a bizzaro alternate Star Wars universe were everyone has a slightly worse fashion sense, rather than in an entirely different era. The Kotors weren't great about this either, but there was definitely more originality and stylistic independence (just look at the Sith troops).

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So that's like 6 conversations about Khem Val maybe betraying you. They're really setting that up it seems. But, mechanically or gameplay wise, does follower affection points have any impact on anything? Does it even have any impact story wise?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So that's like 6 conversations about Khem Val maybe betraying you. They're really setting that up it seems. But, mechanically or gameplay wise, does follower affection points have any impact on anything? Does it even have any impact story wise?

Mechanically the higher their affection is the more efficient/better chances are for crafting items or missions. That is to say they'll take less time and have a higher chance of succeeding/critically succeeding.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but it has literally no bearing on story events other than allowing them to happen. There are basic "Affection Level" benchmarks you have to hit to be able to have a conversation. They're also gated by chapters though so you're not marrying your space wife who is talking about all your sweet adventures you've had before even finishing Dromund Kaas or something. Which makes it hilarious when you've been getting a lot of affection and not had a conversation for a long time and then finish a chapter and suddenly have 8 conversations waiting for you. (This happened with Mako on my bounty hunter because she's super easy to gain affection with. :v:)

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 15, 2012

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
You can never permanently kill companions, either. You could in beta, but that lead to one class in particular flooding Bioware with "OMG, I killed my healer!" Bioware took the hint that players weren't paying attention or didn't think Bioware would actually let them do it, so they decided to disable it.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Cythereal posted:

You can never permanently kill companions, either. You could in beta, but that lead to one class in particular flooding Bioware with "OMG, I killed my healer!" Bioware took the hint that players weren't paying attention or didn't think Bioware would actually let them do it, so they decided to disable it.

How did they allow players to kill their companions? By attacking them? Or did they let players pull a Mission Vao and murder the companion in a highly cathartic (if incredibly evil) manner?

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

whowhatwhere posted:

How did they allow players to kill their companions? By attacking them? Or did they let players pull a Mission Vao and murder the companion in a highly cathartic (if incredibly evil) manner?

Judging by BioWare's track record? You sexed them to DEATH. :gooncamp:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

whowhatwhere posted:

I believe it depends. RP-wise not killing/allowing certain followers to join you is in some cases highly irrational, out of character and occasionally infuriating.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

There are a couple of betrayal plots that happen in the game, and originally, the traitor companions could be killed for their issues, but becuase of the "role" nature of games companions, this meant you might be killing a healer, or a tank, or a dps, or whatever. And you got no replacement... (ok you could jimmy your droid to be the replacement if you REALLY pushed it).

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

edited: Ghost Dad

If trust no one is a third option, go with that. In any three-way standoff like The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly, make sure you're Blondie. Except, let Tuco (Zash) and Ghost Dad (Angel Eyes) kill each other in the face off.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 16, 2012

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Zaodai posted:

It should be mentioned that when you say "the Senate", people are actually all spread out throughout a shitload of small, unmarked rooms in all different parts of this big rear end Senate building. So you take your two minute run there from the nearest taxi, then you actually have to run around looking for these bastards and where they're hidden spread across different floors vertically and hallways horizontally.

It's definitely the worst planet for actually picking up quests (though I still think Alderaan is worse for actually having to DO them).

Oh, I don't want to praise THAT part of it certainly. God knows I find the running around at the center hub obnoxious. Guess it just didn't stick with me because most of my time was on the actual questing. Which wasn't awe-inspiring glory, mind you, but it wasn't horrifically bad either.

PoptartsNinja posted:

TOR is really paranoid about what will happen to the player character when they don't have a healbot companion around to heal them every three seconds assist them and tends to turn the difficulty down for any solo segments.

Unless you're a Jedi Knight.

Eh, I didn't find it too hard (yet, anyway) as JK. And some solo areas for other classes aren't easy; the Sith Inquisitor getting Khem Val is pretty dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing fighting the droid groups. I managed (carefully), but I watched another inquisitor I was paired with for heroics at the time keep dying off doing it. Granted he was an newbie who didn't know how to play (if you're low health, do you A. stop and Seethe for a bit till the red bar is maxed or B. just run ahead like an idiot despite being told several times by a patient groupmate to do A instead?), but I got close enough to flatline I can't say it was entirely him.

And go with Ghost Dad; while all Sith lie, a dead one has less reason to bother. Though be polite to Zhash until the sudden yet inevitable betrayal, she's extending you THAT much courtesy after all.

As for the style choice, yeah I agree with the derivative thing sadly. Also would have been nice to see some "cross-over" as to what style you find on which side. About the only "bad guy" styling that you find on the good guy side is that both sides wear stormtrooper-style armor, and if memory serves only the Imperials have much of the face-covering helmets. I know why Bioware did it, but even Lucas had the "good guys" in the prequels using stuff reminiscent of the Imperial gear in the original trilogy. For obvious reasons in the case of the movies, but still.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I want to trust the one sith who hasn't outwardly tried to kill us for a change but it's a sith lord being nice so how can you really know.

Also does anyone plan on breaking down the abilities they're using and why? Or are the abilities very limited in number and use.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Funny thing about the Bounty Hunter class quest stuff in that battle royale when I did it. He says you fight alone. But then you get Mako to help. And Lek helped me too.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Argas posted:

Funny thing about the Bounty Hunter class quest stuff in that battle royale when I did it. He says you fight alone. But then you get Mako to help. And Lek helped me too.

Heh, I got some heals from Mako myself, and I think some of the competitors broke off shooting at me to shooting at her. She was somewhat hidden under the platform though so I like to think of it as a feature not a bug; my bounty hunter definitely would live by "if you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough". Not that this will prevent me from teabagging Tarro Blood's corpse once the storyline reaches there.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Don't trust any of them. Zash will drop you like a bag of trash the moment you cease to be of use or start to become a real threat to her. Regarding space ghost, if there's anything I've learned from popular media he's only playing fairy godfather until he'll be able to assume control of our body/drain our life/anything of the retarded things that Palpatine did in the E.U.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
Lord Zash has been an excellent role model so far for us, so let's keep that in mind.

Manipulate both sides, convince them both you're in their corner while secretly playing them against each other, and then betray them both.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like Lord Zash. While you shouldn't trust her completely, I say you trust her more than the ghost you met a total of once.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What harm can the dead do to you? Trust the ghost of your ancestor

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Don't trust either. It's obviously a trick question set up to teach you the value of keeping everyone at arms length.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

MadDogMike posted:

Eh, I didn't find it too hard (yet, anyway) as JK. And some solo areas for other classes aren't easy; the Sith Inquisitor getting Khem Val is pretty dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing fighting the droid groups. I managed (carefully), but I watched another inquisitor I was paired with for heroics at the time keep dying off doing it. Granted he was an newbie who didn't know how to play (if you're low health, do you A. stop and Seethe for a bit till the red bar is maxed or B. just run ahead like an idiot despite being told several times by a patient groupmate to do A instead?), but I got close enough to flatline I can't say it was entirely him.
Ehhhh... things get a lot harder on the second pair of planets in the first act. It's less "Charge in and use two abilities and watch everyone crumple" and becomes more "OH YES! NON <STRONG> MOBS! THANK YOU MIDICHORINES!"

Particularly as a Knight, who can do nothing but whack away for HOURS or whack away and pray you kill him on your last sliver rather than the other way around.

quote:

As for the style choice, yeah I agree with the derivative thing sadly. Also would have been nice to see some "cross-over" as to what style you find on which side. About the only "bad guy" styling that you find on the good guy side is that both sides wear stormtrooper-style armor, and if memory serves only the Imperials have much of the face-covering helmets. I know why Bioware did it, but even Lucas had the "good guys" in the prequels using stuff reminiscent of the Imperial gear in the original trilogy. For obvious reasons in the case of the movies, but still.

Troopers get full face coverings, but the Jedi Classes get eye thingies or a hat. Sith Warriors get mouth covers, while Inquisitors get full face obscuring masks.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

Moon Slayer posted:

Also, I'm voting for Ghost Dad, because...Ghost Dad! It's Bill Cosby under that mask, I know it.

I think you may be onto something

Yeah, I really don't know... Tried to make one of the daughters look like Atronie but :effort:

This is a vote to trust Ghost Dad

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gothsheep posted:

Lord Zash has been an excellent role model so far for us, so let's keep that in mind.

Manipulate both sides, convince them both you're in their corner while secretly playing them against each other, and then betray them both.

Someone here understands how it's done as a Sith, and that someone is Gothsheep.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Psion posted:

Someone here understands how it's done as a Sith, and that someone is Gothsheep.

You're under the false impression that the story is written well enough to allow that. This is Bioware we're talking about.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gothsheep posted:

This isn't Alpha protocol dude. There is only one (sort of) end to this story and complex thinking isn't anywhere in it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hammer Station or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Turd Cannon

A short time ago...

: Ok, so this shouldn't be too hard. We just need to get down through Grathan's forces and then down to the labs to interrogate Theovor. I figure we can just stealth in past the guards.

: Shouldn't be too hard to pull that off, I just saw a Zabrak do the same thing. Hey, what's that droid want?

:psylon:: N4-01 = Imperial communications unit // Emergency protocol = activated

: What's going on here?

:psylon:: Recorded message = now playing

: This is Darth Malgus of the Expeditionary Fleet to all available forces.

: If you are receiving this, you have been judged an asset, and the Empire requires your strength. It is your privilege and your duty. The alien Advozsec Hegemony has established Hammer Station, a mobile battle platform that threatens our borders. You will join the strike team assembling at Vaiken Spacedock to be briefed in full. In the name of the Emperor.

: Do we know anything about this battlestation, or the Advozsec Hegemony?

:psylon:: Advozsec Hegemony = breakaway colony + six star systems // Hammer Station = classified

: Let me guess: you want to drop everything and go help this gross veiny guy out.

: No, we have a more pressing mission to complete. But if we finish up with the dissidents here on Dromund Kaas, we need to head to Vaiken Spacedock and look into this.

A few days later, on Vaiken Spacedock...

: You!

: Me?

: You know this guy?

: I may have...set him on fire last time we met. On the Black Talon.

: He's a Sith! You're lucky he didn't fry you with lightning.

: I...actually can't do the lightning thing.

: Sore subject? Nice dress, by the way.

: Boys, can you settle this later?

: Well, if it isn't the “Red Blade.” Imperial Intelligence sending you here to spy on us?

: Pretty much, yes. Now I think we should contact our benefactor and let him know his strike force is assembled.

Click here to watch this conversation.

: This is Vaiken Spacedock receiving on secure channel.

: Good. You are few, but you must suffice. Hammer Station was an armored fortress built by the Republic during the war. Its primary weapon was a gravity cannon designed to propel asteroids into planets.

: I didn't think the Republic was in the super weapon business.

: The Republic Senate decommissioned it before it saw battle, fearing it would cause indiscriminate damage – but now the battle station has reappeared.

: Wait a minute. You show up in a hologram, treat me like your personal strike force...I need to know who you are.

: I am Darth Malgus. I fought in the Battle of Korriban. I turned the Jedi Temple on Coruscant into rubble. I will tell you what you need. The Advozsec Hegemony is a minor galactic power based on xenophobic expansionism. The Advozsec themselves never troubled us before now. But somehow they've acquired Hammer Station and begun conquering unaligned systems near our border.

: Where did the Advozsec get their hands on a decommissioned Republic battlestation?

: An excellent question. I have no satisfying answer. The Advozsec Hegemony believes that as we are at peace with the Republic, we will ignore the aggression of other nations. Their conquests are rightfully ours. You will show them their error by boarding and destroying Hammer Station.

: Oh, is that all? And we're going to do this with what fleet of ships?

: A surgical strike to disable our enemy's greatest weapon. The Advozsec won't be a problem much longer.

: While you're aboard, there is one other matter. I would know how Hammer Station was acquired, and whether the Republic was involved. But do not allow yourself to be distracted. The station has a crew compliment of ten thousand Advozsec, and they shall stand against you. *hangs up *

: He doesn't mean...we're not going to fight all ten thousand, right?

: He probably does, but we'll just have to be smarter about it.

: Wait, I'm confused. I thought we were going to a battlestation? This just looks like an asteroid.

: It's a gravity cannon built into an asteroid, then the Republic strapped engines to it. So yes, it is an asteroid...and a mobile battlestation. Intelligence indicates that the Advozsek haven't accessed these old mining facilities yet; we'll access the cannon through the tunnels.

: Oh great, the Advozsek got a bunch of droids from the Republic, too!

: We don't know for sure that the Republic gave them this station. They could have just recovered it, or...

“Intruders detected! Hammer Station security online...lockdown in progress.”

: Well, so much for the subtle approach!

: Good, that never really was my thing anyway.

: Don't I know it.

: These aren't Republic droids, they're some kind of military droid, but I haven't seen the model before!

And then someone, probably me, accidentally aggroed two additional mobs, and we all died. Wipe count: 1

: So, we've got old Republic security droids cordoned off from the rest of the station by Advozsek military-grade droids? What's going on, here?

: You guys wait here, I'll scout ahead and...

: Haaaaa!

: Never mind.

: Hey, check it out, an old drill. I think...yeah, I can get this working. We can probably break through into a tunnel closer to the station.

There are actually a few different ways to get through here. Alternate paths open up based on the crew skills you have.

: Does this look familiar to you guys at all?

: Once you've seen one cave, you've pretty much seen them all. And I've seen a lot of caves recently.

: Me too.

: Same here.

: Wait, I think there's something up ahead.

: Oh dear.

: That...could be a problem.

: This is Battlelord Kreshan to all personnel. Our jelous rivals would destroy our great weapon – but today, the Advozsek Hegemony earns its place in the galaxy!

: Must be their leader.

: Does he know we're here, or is he just talking to hear himself talk?

: Could go either way, really.

: Come on, are you ready to kill this thing, or what?

: One second...

: Ok, now I'm ready. Let's...where's Mortiferous?

: Already rushing the thing. Let's go!

: Hurry up, this thing's pretty angry at me!

A few minutes later...

: Oww...what happened?

: You got knocked out during the fight.

: Oh no, how embarrassing.

: Don't worry about it, the Chiss spy also got knocked out. Although I wouldn't mention it; she looks pretty pissed off about it.

: This way should get us through into the battlestation proper.

: We're definitely in the right place. Those are Advose troops up there.

: This place is BIG.

: This is Battlelord Kreshan to the intruders. This station is capable of pulverizing continents. Do you really think it will fall to a single strike team? Pure arrogance.

: He's starting to get on my nerves.

: Who were those guys?

: Some kind of elite unit. Come on, we need to access this terminal to get access to the cannon.

: Ok, I've turned off the security locks. But...

: What?

: Check it out: Engineering level. I figure we could disable the power conduits to clear some forces out of there. Or...

: Or what?

: Or we could overload those conduits. That'll make a bigger mess but will probably kill a lot of them.

: So what do we want to do?

: Just disable them.

: You got it.

: …
: What?

: Nothing. You are just...an odd Sith.

: Thank you.

: It may not have been a compliment.

: I TOLD YOU TO WATCH WHERE YOU POINT THAT THING!

: This wouldn't happen if you stopped jumping all over the place!

: :rolleyes:

: Boys, don't make me turn this battlestation around.

: Well, I guess we found the cannon.

: So the controls are on the other side, huh? Seems like a bit of a design flaw to me.

: This is Battlelord Kreshan to all personnel: rally to section zero! We fight for our homeworld and the Supreme Warmaster!

: Let's get this guy.

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED

We wiped 4 times before we headed back to the station and got a 4th member. And then Lamadar fell off of the side right as Kreshan died.

“Safeties overloaded. Primary weapon inoperable. Recommend immediate evacuation.”

: We're done here.

: Finally.

: Do you want to do the honors?

: Don't mind if I do.

Click here to watch this conversation.

: Lord Malgus, Hammer Station has been destroyed.

: I have seen the reports. You faced formidable opposition. The Supreme Warmaster of the Advozsek Hegemony has offered his life in reparation for his people's misdeeds. The Advozsec will never again pose a threat.

: The job's done. Easy.

: You may also wish to hear that Intelligence has decrypted the station's data. We know how the Advozsek Hegemony obtained a Republic superweapon.

:downs:: ...located the station in close orbit around a white dwarf. We believe the Republic intended to destroy it in the sun's photosphere. Our salvage team will begin repairing its hyperdrive immediately, but reconstruction of the weapons will take some time...

: It was Republic incompetence, not malice, that resulted in the Advozsek's rise to power. There is a lesson in that.

: When the galaxy learns that the Republic is responsible for every death Hammer Station caused, the Republic will face an uprising.

: And they will grow weaker, until we strike again. You may return to your duties, but know that you have done well. You may be called upon again.

: So...I get paid, right?

: Whelp, I'm sick of this station and everyone on it. I'm off to Balmorra.

: Hey, we're heading to Balmorra too!

: Hahaha...

: What's so funny?

: Nothing, just...someone should probably call up Balmora and warn them.

And with that, Flashpoint #2 comes to an end. Is it as fun as the first one? No. Not by a long shot. But, with the right group, it can still be fairly enjoyable. Also, we learned that 3 players plus Mako can NOT beat the final boss. Who knew? Everyone

Also, this.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 16, 2012

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dis you pipe in your own music or did they finally fis those boombox droids? At some point they disabled their music.

And yeah, the final Hammer Station boss is a bit of a bitch.

Basarin
Oct 15, 2012
Just wanted to chime in: you're all doing an awesome job with the dialogue, and generally just making this fun to read.

Also, for anyone who does this FP: for sanity's sake, don't stand anywhere near the ledge when fighting Kreshan. I can't count how many tanks I've seen lost due to a badly timed ring out...

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

GAAAH! MAGICALLY APPEARING HAT!

Hahaha... I kid.

Not sure if it's this one, or the next, i just remember one of these early flashpoints being an easy place to make a stupid mistake as a warrior/knight by using force leap, stepping behind the guy for a second, then getting punted off into a pit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Calax posted:

GAAAH! MAGICALLY APPEARING HAT!

Hahaha... I kid.

Not sure if it's this one, or the next, i just remember one of these early flashpoints being an easy place to make a stupid mistake as a warrior/knight by using force leap, stepping behind the guy for a second, then getting punted off into a pit.

It's this one. The next one can be a PITA for entirely different reasons.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The Marauder is just tanky enough to almost win that, but the Juggernaut/Marauder is almost completely devoid of crowd control, so once Lamadar and Abeena got overwhelmed with chaff and couldn't devote time to healing we'd just get ground under.

I have a feeling a creative Powertech/Trooper Vanguard could pull the guy into one of the instant death pits, though.

whowhatwhere posted:

Scripted betrayals where the dark side option is [Murder Companion]. Guess who's doctor that would've been? Hahaha I'm not actually telling!

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

That Sith has no game.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TheShadowAvatar posted:

That Sith has no game.

Not Mort's fault it's hard to dance in a dress there're only two dances in the game!

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Not Mort's fault it's hard to dance in a dress there're only two dances in the game!

Not if you're a Twi'lek!

(Each race gets a unique "Cultural" out of combat ability. Twi'leks get a unique dance. :downsgun:)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Sith get to backhand Vette companions and make her them cry!

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sith get to backhand Vette companions and make her them cry!

It's hilarious to use it on Khem as a tiny sith slip of a girl. And that is one HELL of a crack that you give out.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Balmorra, the Forge (Recommended Listening)

Sith Warrior: Update 22 - Balmorra Blues

Hey, so what happened on Hammer--
Embaressment. For all parties involved.

We’ve put off Baras long enough.
Ah, is that why the autopilot’s landing us on a planet?
Who are you calling an Autopilot?!
Shut up, Twovee.
Vette, the answer is ye--

Must I endure lowly Imperials?
Don’t let the low rank fool you. The lieutenant is an exceptional officer.
Quinn will meet you in his offices at Sobrik headquarters. We will speak again as soon as he has briefed you.

Welcome to the war zone. Get ready for a bumpy ride.

What’s wrong?
I hate this place already.

Sir, I apologize, sir! It was the best I could do.
If that’s your best, you’re useless to me. I can shoot you dead with a clear conscience. Is that what you want?
Wow, nice guy.

Then focus, Jillins. Dismissed.
You should have ordered him off the space weed while you were at it.
I apologize for the delay, my lord. Lieutenant Malavai Quinn. I’m to be your liaison here on Balmorra.
It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
And to you, my lord.
Darth Baras says you’re capable. I hope he’s not mistaken.
Is he ever?
Yes.
Lord Baras will brief you personally, but I’m to acquaint you with the climate here on Balmorra first.
Sunny, with a fifty-percent chance of artillery bombardments?
By all means, go ahead.
Even though the Empire wrestled control of Balmorra from the Republic during the war, we were never able to completely eradicate them.
There is a rather sizable resistance movement. No one wants to admit it, but it’s clear the Republic is backing it.

Your local troubles do not concern me.
Of course, I’m sure your work here has much farther reaching consequences. Time must not be wasted.
Oh, no, waste as much time as you care to—
I have a secure line to Lord Baras. I’ll patch him through immediately.
gently caress.

Quinn owes his career to me, but we should keep the details of your mission between the two of us.
Did you really order me to meet with him just to send him away and have a conversation we could have just as easily had ten minutes ago onboard my Fury?
Yes.
We must act swiftly. Nomen Karr’s Padawan has directed the Jedi’s suspicions to my undercover spy there on Balmorra. Do you recall this?

:ughh:
Of course, I remember everything.
We just went over this a day ago. It isn’t like it’s difficult to remember.
Goo--
Were you really going to give me another plot recap? I’m not a five year old child. Do you really have such a low opinion of my intelligence?
I think your Master is just assuming anyone who’s played the game and made it this far is an idiot.
Good. I’ll get to the point.
My spy is Commander Reylon of the Republic Resistance. He is the central contact for all my operatives in this sector.
Unfortunately, Quinn is tracking an investigator that the Jedi have sent. That means we have to cover our tracks before you kill Reylon.
Why is this at all ‘unfortunate?’ We know about the investigator, but the investigator doesn’t know about me. That gives us a clear advantage.
Your first mandate--
--is to order the construction of fifteen Adamantine left socks. My second is to ban the trade of all economic stone--
--is to destroy evidence that links Reylon to the sabotaging of Balmorra’s defense systems during the war.
To do so, you must break into the satellite control tower. Quinn reports that the tower is a death trap of mechanical security.
I’ll handle anything that dares get in my way.
This task is priority one. The Jedi’s investigator could be zeroing in the evidence as we speak.
Quinn has everything you’ll need. I’ll summon him back. Remember, he is not to know the reason for your mission. I’ll be in touch.
My lord, I’ve prepared what you need for your assault on the satellite control tower.
In order to destroy the mainframe, you’ll mount this charge to the base and activate it. Then contact me and I’ll be able to detonate.

This planet is swarming with rebels.
Are you looking to me to help you justify slaughtering them all?
No. I’m looking to you to help remind me not to.

You are so weird.

The finest in mechanical security.
You’re happy to be fighting through a swarm of angry battle droids?
I don’t have to feel bad when I’m chopping a murderous droid in half.

I’ve met a lot of Sith since I met you. Still not sure I’ve met one who even knows how to spell “remorse,” much less what it feels like.

Gee, you think they got enough guns to protect this place?
Clearly not.

And armed.
Your new boyfriend’s calling.

Apprentice, we have one more potentially compromising thing to take care of before you can confront my spy Commander Reylon.
What is it you need me to do now? Burn down his old office? Drown a box of kittens? Destroy all of your ‘Spy for Darth Baras and make a fortune’ pamphlets?
It involves invading a Republic keep to find a lowly ensign named Durmat.
He is Reylon’s son, and the commander confided his true identity to him. Ensign Durmat must be silenced, permanently.
Oh, of course. We’re killing an orphan. Wonderful.
Durmat’s father is alive.

Ha!
Reylon was foolish to tell his son.
The one chink in his otherwise flawless armor.
Yes. His son, and all of his Dark Side points.
I’ll signal Quinn to give you the details. Be swift.
Wouldn’t it be swifter to give me the details yours--

I will alert you if the investigator appears to be heading there. I assume you wish to get to Durmat before she does.
It’s none of your business, Imperial.
I apologize, my lord. My inquiring mind often gets the best of me. I won’t delay you any longer.
Good luck on your mission, my lord. I’ll be here if you need anything.

Just pretend this facility is exploding as we leave. I had to.
Should one of us shout ‘Boom?’ It’s really hard to show a camera shake with a screenshot. Maybe have them shake their heads a little too?
I’m sure they already are.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 19, 2012

Lamadar
Nov 24, 2007
And as promised, here is the unedited (mostly) version of the flashpoint:

Hammer Station: Unedited

Edit: Also a side note, I'll be on out of town for the week so my updates will be slow/non-existent. I do have some stuff done, but it depends if I have the time to finish off the rest of it.

Lamadar fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 16, 2012

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
God once again I must harp on the voice work connected with the bosses. Is it too much to ask for any boss that you're bothering to voice at all to have an aggro sound, vocals that go with specials, a kill taunt, and a death clip? Like that droid, it had a clip for its big laser. There was no reason it shouldn't have engaged with, say 'Combat mode active' and then when it killed someone 'Target no longer functional' or 'Target defeated' or what have you.

Also that last boss did not seem like it was very pleasant when you were playing without a proper tank. At all.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
Oh boy, Hammer Station.

gently caress that flashpoint, its extremely boring for either side (it should be worth noting Hammer Station is the first of many flashpoints that both sides can do). That last boss used to be a little bit easier in the beta.

When you were going to wiped by him, as long as you ran back into the previous room he would reset himself. Kinda annoying because some people could easily get knocked back into the other room by his pushback but it made dealing with death a lot easier.

This is whole flashpoint is stupid, its long, its really lacking in any sort of color or anything that makes it stand out. The only cool part about it is the asteroid cannon and even that is a little silly.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

quote:

I think your Master is just assuming anyone who’s played the game and made it this far is an idiot.

The game in general certainly believes that, which makes for a strange single player/multiplayer crossup in design. It's nice to get a plot recap every now and then in a single player RPG, but in an MMO you generally remember where you were going and what you were doing. You also have a quest log, and even if you didn't the reminders are constant.

It wouldn't surprise me if Darth Fatass cut himself off in mid-sentence to remind you of the words he said a few seconds ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Trust Zash :swoon:

• Locked thread