Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Wait, why does the trailer say "4 new free weapons"? I'm hoping it's not because the community weapons need to be bought, it would break my heart if they stopped their ancient tradition of "free content, paid skins."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
From the halloween web page seems the community items are a DLC. Hopefully they are just reskins if that is the case.

I just can't believe it is live today. I thought life was gonna be boring until Thursday :allears:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Deep
Fried
JUSTICE

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Does this mean the original Commando Chicken won't ever be available again? Ah well, I'll never play as anything but the Grim Reaper anyway, so it's all good.

Second the hope that those "community weapons" won't be paid stuff though, that's not something this game needs at all.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Have you tried using SAM to unlock the chicken?

I would assume the weapons are free, just like the previous IJC community weapons pack.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
An optimistic guess would be that since those weapons are made by the community and not Tripwire they may not have been finalized for inclusion when the trailer was made.

Thingstropolis
Apr 6, 2011
From the impressions I'm getting here, it looks like they're going to be charging for the community weapon pack. The money does go to the mod team, but it's still a shame. I really hope this doesn't end up splitting the community.

Also, quick question: I run KF in windowed mode (my video card has some issues running 3D stuff in full-screen) but the window is usually aligned to the left or bottom of the screen. Does anyone know how to get the game window to always start up in the center?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

KF's updating now. Looks like I made it to Support 5 just in time. :)

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I can confirm that the community weapons are paid DLC. The weird thing is that the in-game box for it just redirects to the steam store in general. Can't find it on the Killing Floor DLC list either :confused:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I'm cool with paid DLC weapons, they have given us a ton of free content over the years. Not sure how it would split the community, but we'll see I guess.

edit holy poo poo the tears in that thread

alg fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 23, 2012

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The DLC weapons are already in game on the Trader's menu and where the price should be it says "DLC".

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It bugs me a lot less knowing that the money is going to the modders, has tripwire said what the profit split for that is? Or how much the DLC actually costs?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So medic grenades are replaced completely with the new ones, lame.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Cage posted:

So medic grenades are replaced completely with the new ones, lame.

I saw two prices, one was twice as much. I clicked that and it gave me healing grenades. Pretty sure if you click the other one it gives you regular grenades.

edit: nope. what the gently caress. that's terrible.

also the jumping torsos are terrifying.

alg fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 23, 2012

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Geight posted:

It bugs me a lot less knowing that the money is going to the modders, has tripwire said what the profit split for that is? Or how much the DLC actually costs?

It's up in the Steam store, clicking the button on the title screen gets you there. $8 regularly, on sale for the duration of the event for $4. Dunno about distribution.

They've kind of set themselves up to be raged at over this by advertising them as free in the trailer they just put out though.

E: Server list filters are completely broken now too. Doesn't actually filter anything anymore.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 23, 2012

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

alg posted:

I saw two prices, one was twice as much. I clicked that and it gave me healing grenades. Pretty sure if you click the other one it gives you regular grenades.

edit: nope. what the gently caress. that's terrible.

also the jumping torsos are terrifying.
Are you sure that wasnt just the price for one grenade vs. price to fill up grenades?

e: oh

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I want a buzzsaw bow.

Aphal
Sep 14, 2004

I'm just a clown in the eyes of the world :(

MonkeyforaHead posted:

They've kind of set themselves up to be raged at over this by advertising them as free in the trailer they just put out though.
Eh? Aren't the four Tripwire-created weapons free, and the four community weapons are paid DLC? The trailer doesn't advertise the community ones.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
After all the years of this game being out, plus all the free stuff (weapons/maps/achieves/whatever the gently caress), I don't mind dishing out a few extra bucks for the DLC weapons. Hell, Tripwire even put the DLC weapon on sale for half off! That's pretty nice of them.

Maybe I come across as a KF fanboy, but I really do appreciate this game.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Ryuga Death posted:

After all the years of this game being out, plus all the free stuff (weapons/maps/achieves/whatever the gently caress), I don't mind dishing out a few extra bucks for the DLC weapons. Hell, Tripwire even put the DLC weapon on sale for half off! That's pretty nice of them.

Maybe I come across as a KF fanboy, but I really do appreciate this game.
Yeah I don't mind it at all, the more die-hard a fan is the more frothing contempt they hold for the developers whenever they change something.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
The DLC pack and the Chickenator are priced now at 3.99 and 2.49 respectively. Their normal prices are double that :stare:

Anyways just completed Hillbilly Horror on normal while trying the new pyro trenchgun and it is AMAZING. You can pair it up with the mac-10 and solo around with scrakes now. It definitely is a step up from the husk gun in that it gives you more flexibility to kill zeds with the only downside being it is the same key as the mac-10. Can't wait to try these out on higher difficulties.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Aphal posted:

Eh? Aren't the four Tripwire-created weapons free, and the four community weapons are paid DLC? The trailer doesn't advertise the community ones.

Yes, but the people who are going to rage about this are the ones who will make the same mistake thanks to the trailer having the word "free" and "weapons" on the same screen.

At $3.99 it seems reasonable but I'm surprised that's not the default price.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
Ok trench gun and nailgun are awesome.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

First impressions of the flare gun are that it's awkward as hell. It's a projectile weapon, meaning you have to aim higher than your target to get any headshots, but it seems like it might have a small AoE ignition on contact? The real problem is you'd have to abandon the MAC-10 for it, since it's no substitute for any of the other weapons, but it's also not nearly as effective for getting out of point-blank scrapes.

E: Oh gently caress, not only does dual-wielding them result in significant left/right deviation for every shot fired, but sirens can reliably vaporize them too. gently caress the flare gun.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 24, 2012

Thingstropolis
Apr 6, 2011
Just in case anyone was wondering, I did some Bedlam and the 2011 Halloween achievements are seemingly still disabled (so no Commando Chicken).

I'm really digging the new Zeds though.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Vlad the Impaler is loving awesome, even if it isn't really that great. It does come with a flashlight, though, so there's basically no reason to use the Combat Shotgun ever anymore. Not that anyone did.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Geight posted:

At $3.99 it seems reasonable but I'm surprised that's not the default price.
Yeah $8 seems a bit steep but I think $4 is a nice price for them so I picked them up while they were still on sale.

Thompson, MKb 42 and Trench gun make me so happy though. :allears: I find it hilarious that I'm ecstatic over the MKb 42 in Killing Floor when I was pretty annoyed at it being in RO2. :v: The only thing that could make this better is if they actually make the Combat Shotgun worth using.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
The hillbilly map is a lot of fun, but finding those gnomes is a pain. :argh:

By the way, does anyone know how to unlock the "Historical Remnants" achievement?

"Kill 6 Zeds with one magazine, without reloading"

I've attempted it with the tommy gun and a few others, but nothing so far.

Thank you!
VVVVVVVV

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 24, 2012

Throckwoddle
Jan 3, 2012

You wanna dance?

Ryuga Death posted:

By the way, does anyone know how to unlock the "Historical Remnants" achievement?

"Kill 6 Zeds with one magazine, without reloading"

I've attempted it with the tommy gun and a few others, but nothing so far.

You have to do it with the MKb 42.

Kiryuin Satsuki
Mar 1, 2011

This new update's making me feel like I'm one of the few actual fans of the game left amongst the "plays a stupid amount of Killing Floor" community, let alone the whole of it.

Everyone else seems to just wants free stuff all the time, even when they've been given three years of free updates.

Also, the scythe is over powered as hell - 3 alt fire headshots take down a scrake, and the M99 has been balanced in the best way - each bullet costs 250.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just did a solo hard run, maps built for kiting very well, never had to much trouble.

New Scrake is loving horrying, moreso than the monkeyman.

Flesh Pound almost seems comical, also had one glitch out, he went red but never attacked me no matter how close he was.

Sheriff Patriarch's new lines are pretty funny, especially the chaingun one.

Still the same old patty though, I did notice a few wave chances, didn't see husks in every wave or even scrakes for that matter, the katana has a new sound file now, also off perk AMR bullets now costs obscene amount, I paid 5,000 dollars for 24 on a medic.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Ryuga Death posted:

I got lucky with my first time playing the map and my team found all of them. Just to note one of the gnomes is located inside one of the trader shops in the upper right behind the glass. Make sure to pistol that one when you see it.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Steppin_Razor posted:

This new update's making me feel like I'm one of the few actual fans of the game left amongst the "plays a stupid amount of Killing Floor" community, let alone the whole of it.

Everyone else seems to just wants free stuff all the time, even when they've been given three years of free updates.

Also, the scythe is over powered as hell - 3 alt fire headshots take down a scrake, and the M99 has been balanced in the best way - each bullet costs 250.

Christ, it costs £6250 to fill it up from empty.

Also yeah, the Buzzsaw C'bow and the Scythe turn the Berserker into a even bigger machine of death.

The Nail gun is pretty interesting, it's pretty much a shotgun with slightly more range and shots can bounce off the walls to deal further damage to specimens.

The Trench gun and Akimbo Flare revolvers basically allow Firebugs to still be useless but look rad as all heck while doing so, and they're a lot less distracting than the Flamethrower.

From what the little I've played with the Tommy gun, it seems to pretty much be a slightly weaker AK47 with really manageable recoil, like I can just hipfire waves and get mostly headshots with it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I've been trying to get my server (Birdcage) running again but I'm having trouble getting that vote menu handler going correctly. I'll let y'all know when it's ready.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Bought the weapon pack sight unseen because Tripwire are great. I seem to be stuck on "Cannot contact Master Server" when trying to refresh the "News" tab in KF multiplayer. No new map either, and maybe a dozen servers come up when I look for a game.

Am I waiting for Steam to push a patch or what? I haven't had KF for very long so I'm not sure how major updates work.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

alright, Birdcage should be up at 69.61.27.20:7707

password: lljk

Kiryuin Satsuki
Mar 1, 2011

New map looks pretty cool. I'll have to try it out tonight when I get home from work.

Seems like they finally fixed the firebug's burn damage so that shooting zeds while they're on fire won't result in less damage over time. Other than the scythe, the weapons seem like side grades at best, though the trench gun looks like a viable choice. Also, medic nades are awesome and awful at the same time. Good because healing team mates plus damaging zeds, but bad because they replace normal nades. The area effect of the claymore and scythe will make camping as part of a team more feasible now as well, so that's a positive.

UltraShame posted:

Bought the weapon pack sight unseen because Tripwire are great. I seem to be stuck on "Cannot contact Master Server" when trying to refresh the "News" tab in KF multiplayer. No new map either, and maybe a dozen servers come up when I look for a game.

Am I waiting for Steam to push a patch or what? I haven't had KF for very long so I'm not sure how major updates work.

Major updates require the servers to be updated as well.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
AE attack on claymore and scythe and firebug fix makes me more than stoked for this. The weapon variety looks awesome and mostly sidegrades aside from maybe the buzzsaw bow (Though I'm sure once I play with it I'll need my usual LAR crutch and ditch it). I always like more weapon choices to play with.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
The buzzsaw crossbow in a narrow hallway is the best thing in this game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Professor Cthulhu posted:

The buzzsaw crossbow in a narrow hallway is the best thing in this game now.

• Locked thread