Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I haven't heard this before, is More Pep broken somehow? Also, if that skill doesn't work, how are you doing multiple damage types with the same weapon? I thought More Pep was a multiplicative chance, not an additive chance for every element to apply on every weapon.

Fire is from Electrical Burn, Shock is from. . .well, Shock, and Slag is from Interspersed Outburst. More Pep boosts elemental effect chance with a multiplicative modifier, meaning if your weapon had a 15.0% chance to Shock, it now has a 18.0 chance to Shock (20%), of if it was a non-Shock weapon, it's suddenly just 16.5%. It's a seriously crappy skill.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I saw a post on Twitter about a new pc patch. Notes here

E: content so you don't have to click through.

Update v1.1.3 (Released 10/25/2012)

Added a toggle for whether textures should fade or pop in when a higher-resolution version loads. High-end computers can disable this to avoid seeing lower-resolution textures streaming in.

Added the ability to reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. Resetting is available on the "challenges" screen of the status menu and will display as a tooltip at the bottom of the screen if the player has met the criteria.

Fixed a bug where profile files set to "read only" were not being saved.

Fixed a performance issue in Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty content with PhysX set to Medium or High.

WienerDog fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 26, 2012

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

novaSphere posted:

Fire is from Electrical Burn, Shock is from. . .well, Shock, and Slag is from Interspersed Outburst. More Pep boosts elemental effect chance with a multiplicative modifier, meaning if your weapon had a 15.0% chance to Shock, it now has a 18.0 chance to Shock (20%), of if it was a non-Shock weapon, it's suddenly just 16.5%. It's a seriously crappy skill.

It's kind of ridiculous since the siren flicker skill is 30% to all at 5/5, and is also first tier.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

WienerDog posted:

Hahahahahaha "bug"

They are really loving determined to stop people from having free golden keys.

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005

WienerDog posted:

Update v1.1.3 (Released 10/25/2012)

Well there goes that exploit.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

TheSpiritFox posted:

Hahahahahaha "bug"

Wouldn't copy/pasting a previous profile completely invalidate their fix?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Merry Magpie posted:

Yeah, that's what I was doing. Didn't know about the "read only" trick. :downs:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Merry Magpie posted:

Maybe not. If it is going to skip over the write protected profile.bin, it is probably going to track of keys spent somewhere else.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Got my first Orange drop in the wild on my PT1 Mechromancer. It was that launcher you get off Incinerator Clayton; figured I could whip it out a little for A Dam Fine Rescue.

Beforehand, I used a key with the hopes that I'd get a decent corrosive in anticipation of loaders. Chest spat out a corrosive plasma caster. Sometimes, the RNG is good.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Merry Magpie posted:

Tested and confirmed working as of this post:

Backup profile.bin.

Login, use keys from your stockpile.

Quit out of game completely, put the backed up profile.bin back into place, your stockpile remains secure.

profile.bin with 237 keys if you want: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9JCb8X582t1QUhTNGZ2WEFMNTQ

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 26, 2012

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

WarLocke posted:

Now I have to figure out how to get one of these onto my lovely 5 year old flip phone. :allears:

Send a text to your phone through your email with the file attached.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

TheSpiritFox posted:

Hahahahahaha "bug"

You know as long as CE exists it will never, ever work. People are gonna cheat that chest no matter what :v:

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
Oh man. Someone over on the CE forums added a script that lets you change drop rarity. I can safely say that Legendary class mods drop off of any enemy, not just Vermi, and I found some legendaries I hadn't seen before, like a bouncing Bonny grenade mod. Farming just got waaaaaay easier.

Amdis
Jan 9, 2007

Has anyone figured out what the flavour text on the Evolution seraph shield does?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Fighting-Fefnir posted:

Oh man. Someone over on the CE forums added a script that lets you change drop rarity. I can safely say that Legendary class mods drop off of any enemy, not just Vermi, and I found some legendaries I hadn't seen before, like a bouncing Bonny grenade mod. Farming just got waaaaaay easier.

Is that in a "oranges will always drop in place of whites" sort of script, or a "legendaries will drop x times as often" sort? The latter sounds like it could be fun to play with without feeling like you're totally breaking the game over your knee.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
It's a drop rate change, so the latter. You can mess with it to set it where you want, and it has presets so you can get purples, blues, or greens all the time if you want.

e: for the record, it's page 127 of the thread on CE.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
link?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Maddot_66 posted:

Dahl also has them, they reduce recoil and reduce the delay between shots in a burst. My Lvl 50 one is almost a 50% bonus to each.

There must be several options - I have a Dahl -recoil +magazine size purple relic.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fighting-Fefnir posted:

It's a drop rate change, so the latter. You can mess with it to set it where you want, and it has presets so you can get purples, blues, or greens all the time if you want.

e: for the record, it's page 127 of the thread on CE.

That sounds pretty nice. I always felt the Orange/Purples were just a tad bit too low. I understand they wanted to keep it exciting when you do see one, but they went overboard. I may have to install CE just for this. Question though, will it also work on multiplayer? Lets say I host a game and crank up the rates, will my friends be able to join and engage in a jolly good dropfest with me?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Xaris posted:

I may have to install CE just for this.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is CE?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

E-Tank posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is CE?

Cheat Engine

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Here you go.

Sorry, I was on my phone before.

Xaris posted:

That sounds pretty nice. I always felt the Orange/Purples were just a tad bit too low. I understand they wanted to keep it exciting when you do see one, but they went overboard. I may have to install CE just for this. Question though, will it also work on multiplayer? Lets say I host a game and crank up the rates, will my friends be able to join and engage in a jolly good dropfest with me?

Haven't tried it, but if your host is using it, theoretically it should work.

E: If you want to give it a test run, feel free to add me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/fightingfefnir

Emery fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 26, 2012

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

WienerDog posted:

That's weird because a friend and I just got done chest hoarding about a half an hour ago with saving and quitting out multiple times because we only had six keys each.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Ah, thanks! I'll take a look at it...maybe I can get some golden keys without religiously watching Twitter.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

xiw posted:

There must be several options - I have a Dahl -recoil +magazine size purple relic.

There are 3 stats the allegiance relics pick their bonuses from, I think the max in a single item is 2.

List of possible bonuses

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

The crate defense quest you get in Thousand Cuts is seriously free purples if you aren't quite ready for boss farming/don't want to cheat like a little loser. As long as you put the goliath flag at the bottom, it's pretty much guaranteed to lose its helmet fairly quickly, and all you have to do at that point is slag and whittle down the loaders until it reaches god-tier. Don't beat the quest, after you've gotten a purple or two just travel out and back in to reset it and start over.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Why is Blight Phoenix such a terrible skill. I got a class mod that gave it +4, so I decided to try it out despite being entirely underwhelmed by it when I first tried it. At level 49 with Blight Phoenix at 9, it was doing a whopping 2000 fire damage and 1000 corrosive every half a second or so and that's if they weren't resisting it.

Sure I guess it'd be imbalanced if a kill skill that shits out free damage could murder things in the blink of an eye but as it is now it's just atrocious. Even a single shot from an elemental SMG does more damage than it does and I can crank those out way faster. Considering just how many skill points you have to spend to get to Blight Phoenix 5 in a (in my opinion) generally subpar skill tree, it could stand to be way better.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ah Pook posted:

The crate defense quest you get in Thousand Cuts is seriously free purples if you aren't quite ready for boss farming/don't want to cheat like a little loser. As long as you put the goliath flag at the bottom, it's pretty much guaranteed to lose its helmet fairly quickly, and all you have to do at that point is slag and whittle down the loaders until it reaches god-tier. Don't beat the quest, after you've gotten a purple or two just travel out and back in to reset it and start over.

Likewise, the area back behind Ellie's garage (the Dust) leads to a dead end with a couple of buildings. I can consistently goad and farm 2 Goliaths to godhood with the steady stream of spiderants and bandits that spawn in the area. Plus, there are two chests (the first is by the house on the cliff; the second is by the church if you do Mordecai's "truxican" standoff quest).

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
A friend tried that rarity mod in a multiplayer and he found a bunch of oranges he's never seen before, one of them was called a Curveball which was a grenade that dealt massive damage but it literally only damaged whatever it hits, with a extremely fast projectile speed and no fuse time.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

Why is Blight Phoenix such a terrible skill.

Pretty much all the skills like Maya's Blight Phoenix, Gaige's Death From Above, etc. are total dogshit. It's because Gearbox is bad at scaling/balance.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Delacroix posted:

A friend tried that rarity mod in a multiplayer and he found a bunch of oranges he's never seen before, one of them was called a Curveball which was a grenade that dealt massive damage but it literally only damaged whatever it hits, with a extremely fast projectile speed and no fuse time.

Oh my god that sounds so loving awesome. Can you imagine that with phaselock? I use a sticky singularity + phaselock right now, but being able to just whip a nade at someone and blow them the hell up sounds even more fun.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
So as it turns out, that shotgun you get at the beginning of the pirate dlc does damage to you as a percentage of its own damage, including the bonuses you get from anarchy stacks. Killed myself a few times before I realized what was happening. The thing does so much damage to me that I have to carry around an auxiliary shotgun for lesser enemies. Still gonna carry it around since it just one shot sandman though.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

GeckoMissingo posted:

So as it turns out, that shotgun you get at the beginning of the pirate dlc does damage to you as a percentage of its own damage, including the bonuses you get from anarchy stacks. Killed myself a few times before I realized what was happening. The thing does so much damage to me that I have to carry around an auxiliary shotgun for lesser enemies. Still gonna carry it around since it just one shot sandman though.

Same here. I was wondering why from time to time the words "Second Wind" flashed over the screen while nothing was hitting me :downs: It's quite manageable until you reach higher Anarchy Stacks, at which point you'll die after two (of your own) shots.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
That piece of poo poo only fires 2 projectiles anyway, so it is far from ideal for an Anarchy build anyway.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I used it for a while. The 2 pellets is annyoing because you have to get right up in people's faces, but it vastly outclasses almost everything for damage for several levels, and Blood-Soaked Shields compensates for the recoil damage nicely.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

TShields posted:

That piece of poo poo only fires 2 projectiles anyway, so it is far from ideal for an Anarchy build anyway.

What's the point of a shotgun that doesn't fill the screen with concentrated murder? That seems like a critical design flaw, there.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

theshim posted:

I used it for a while. The 2 pellets is annyoing because you have to get right up in people's faces, but it vastly outclasses almost everything for damage for several levels, and Blood-Soaked Shields compensates for the recoil damage nicely.

Yeah but it's pretty much useless unless at point blank range and aiming down the sight. Basically the shotgun has 2 drawbacks when it was intended to have one. The backlash damage is a minor inconvenience compared to the 2 pellets for 2 shells.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

rodbeard posted:

Yeah but it's pretty much useless unless at point blank range and aiming down the sight. Basically the shotgun has 2 drawbacks when it was intended to have one. The backlash damage is a minor inconvenience compared to the 2 pellets for 2 shells.

Because of its high damage, that shotgun is pretty useful for a chaos Gaige when having less than a hundred stacks. Once you get more than that though, you want a shotgun with more pellets (ideally a Torgue; it is so awesome to gib an enemy with a single pellet).

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
What happens if you die and you can't afford a resurrection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Ez posted:

What happens if you die and you can't afford a resurrection?
It's free!

• Locked thread