Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Oh, whoops, didn't expect to start a new page.

Update-related banter last page.

edit:

Ursine Asylum posted:

Last post on the page, foiled! :argh:

:smug:

my dad fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
You fuckers, I saw 10 new posts and got all excited. :mad:

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

You fuckers, I saw 10 new posts and got all excited. :mad:

Yeah same here, was hoping for some thumb-updates. :(

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cavatica posted:

It's like we're building some kind of eldritch disappointment engine.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Cavatica posted:

Thumb updates.

Thupdates.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Ursine Asylum posted:

Thumb updates.

Thupdates.

Thants.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I get home, check BSS, and see 14 new posts here. Holy poo poo, did Rich recover that fast?

Nope.

Might as well toss my fuel into the fires of this furnace of unfulfilled expectations. It's like an ouroboros of disappointment, continually growing with every cycle.

I do wish we were getting more updates on thumb status. It's comical how perfectly it was timed to stop all the kickstarter comics.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hey dudes who are reading this and having their hopes dashed, this is a great reason to put the thing on your RSS feed so you will never be mislead by this terrible thread again.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

RandallODim posted:

Might as well toss my fuel into the fires of this furnace of unfulfilled expectations. It's like an ouroboros of disappointment, continually growing with every cycle.

It's lucky he didn't gently caress his thumb just after kickstarter finished, that would have been seriously terrible for the guy. As it is we can just put our hopes and dreams on ice as his tendon regrows.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Ashcans posted:

Hey dudes who are reading this and having their hopes dashed, this is a great reason to put the thing on your RSS feed so you will never be misled by this terrible thread again.

You know what might be interesting? If Rich decided to switch to the FATAL ruleset.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I hate all of you. :argh:

Junk Science
Mar 4, 2008

Rich faked the injury because of the work stress, it's pretty obvious. You heard it here first.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Wear a bandage on your right thumb for the month of November to speed Rich's recovery. This is the Thumbember.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006
There's a pirate in your backyard!

Fallen Rib
Thanks for the disappointment, forums. Y'know, because I'm such a nice guy, have some filler comics that I've had on my HDD since 2004.

Don lluvia
Mar 27, 2010
You people are terrible.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Don lluvia posted:

You people are terrible.

We people are terrible, friend

Don lluvia
Mar 27, 2010

RickoniX posted:

We people are terrible, friend

I have become that which I hate the most. :(

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I don't mind the fake new posts. I do feel bad for rich, though, he's had an unusable hand for a month. That seems unbearable.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Man I miss OotS, any idea when it will come back? Did all the KS stuff go down the tube as well?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Apocron posted:

Man I miss OotS, any idea when it will come back? Did all the KS stuff go down the tube as well?

I'm pretty sure all the Kickstarter stuff he was going to do is still going to get done; just not as soon.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Hand injury my rear end.

He's taken all the money and run off to Mexico, where he will live like a king so long as he doesn't drink the water!

(No I do not actually believe this)

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

JohnnyCanuck posted:

(No I do not actually believe this)

At least he didn't pound a bottle of whiskey then stab himself in the hand.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

sfwarlock posted:

At least he didn't pound a bottle of whiskey then stab himself in the hand.
Oh Jeph. :3:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What the hell is this about hand-stabbing? I heard about the Wonderella guy and the OotS guy, did it happen to someone else?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ImpAtom posted:

What the hell is this about hand-stabbing? I heard about the Wonderella guy and the OotS guy, did it happen to someone else?

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2309

quote:

So:

Basically what happened yesterday is i drank an entire bottle of whiskey, stabbed myself in the hand (not my drawing hand), had some kind of delirious breakdown in the hospital, got stitched up and sent back home.

Today I go to see the hand surgeon about my hand and a therapist about my emotions.

I guess something like this was bound to happen eventually. The monsters finally caught up. But at least I am ok. I feel very, very bad about all of this and would really like to apologize. I'm sorry.

There will be some guest comics for a few days. Thank you again for your patience.

VVVV Is that why he did it? :stare:

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 2, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

Jeph Jacques, the Questionable Content guy.

Apparently out of reaction at people calling him a horrible person because one of his character isn't fat enough to please obesity fetishists.

This is the Internet. This is what it does.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I keep mailing these guys severed hands for them to use as transplants but I've gotten no response. I certainly hope I have the right addresses.

I mean I might run out of severed hands at this rate!

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Apparently out of reaction at people calling him a horrible person because one of his character isn't fat enough to please obesity fetishists.

Wait what? Seriously?!

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
No, he's had problems with both depression and I believe incipient alcoholism. He quit drinking a while back, but evidently backslid.

I mean, the comic situation might have been a contributing factor, but it was not the be-all end-all reason why he did it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

sfwarlock posted:

Wait what? Seriously?!
Eh, that's not exactly what happened.

In a nutshell - Jeph created a character, Marigold, who was depicted as a video-game playing shut-in with self-image issues. She quickly became a fairly popular character among the Tumblr crowd, partially (I suspect) because those folks identified with her to some degree. Then Jeph did a comic showing Marigold in a bikini, where it was revealed that there was nothing really wrong with her body at all, aside from being slightly curvy. Some Tumblrites over-reacted to this development, and sent Jeph angry letters and such. Sadly, this turned out to be the straw that broke the camel's back for Jeph, and he stabbed himself in the hand.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He has some of the worst fans in webcomics, I swear. :smith:

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

In a nutshell - Jeph created a character, Marigold, who was depicted as a video-game playing shut-in with self-image issues. She quickly became a fairly popular character among the Tumblr crowd, partially (I suspect) because those folks identified with her to some degree. Then Jeph did a comic showing Marigold in a bikini, where it was revealed that there was nothing really wrong with her body at all, aside from being slightly curvy. Some Tumblrites over-reacted to this development, and sent Jeph angry letters and such. Sadly, this turned out to be the straw that broke the camel's back for Jeph, and he stabbed himself in the hand.

Daaaaaaaaaaaang.

EDIT: Jesus. http://jephjacques.com/post/34681975880/submitted-without-comment

(Also... Marigold Farmer. Groan.)

sfwarlock fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 2, 2012

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Too every one posting: You are all assholes.
Now i have to post to help fool the next person!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The good news is my Kickstarter stuff finally came!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Yeah, poo poo like that on a regular basis would make me drink entire bottles of whiskey too.

quote:

(Also... Marigold Farmer. Groan.)
:aaaaa: How did I not catch that before now?!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

Don't forget that he had recently quit smoking cold turkey. And quit drinking not long before that.

Gally posted:

Too every one posting: You are all assholes.
Now i have to post to help fool the next person!
I'll help! :getin:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Why are we talking about Questionable Content (A bland, if regular and reliable comic) when there are more comics more related to OOTS, like Rusty and Co?

Rusty, Mimic and 'Cube have once again joined up with Madeline the Paladin, this time against a bunch of Hipster Vampires.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

LashLightning posted:

Why are we talking about Questionable Content (A bland, if regular and reliable comic) when there are more comics more related to OOTS, like Rusty and Co?

Because Jeph and Rich both have hand injuries.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

SpaceViking posted:

Because Jeph and Rich both have hand injuries.

At least Jeph's is on his non-drawing hand :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
motherfuckers...