Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What about the sword? This is important. :ohdear:

Not seen it in an ordinance drop but I've definitely seen it in 4v4 slayer. You can get the gravity hammer in a drop though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

It's a power weapon. You can get it randomly in an ordinance drop or a map spawn.

Ahhh this is annoying. I assumed it would have a long reload time and crappy accuracy to balance it so I could make a heavy weapons character; more of a suppression weapon that knocks enemies aim and movement around for tighter teamwork in matches.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Not seen it in an ordinance drop but I've definitely seen it in 4v4 slayer. You can get the gravity hammer in a drop though!

I've gotten the sword once as an ordinance drop, so it's there. Of course, I was killed immediately after, so I never got to use it :v:

Mostly though, I get the choice between plasma grenades, a needler and the sprint power up.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Hey just an fyi, if you have Mountain Dew or Doritos Double XP you want to gift to someone you have to have a Facebook account to do so. Lame...

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

BabyMauler posted:

Sharks VS Unicorns, I don't know why, 343 is weird.

A couple of APB people went to work at 343. :allears:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Iacen posted:

I've gotten the sword once as an ordinance drop, so it's there. Of course, I was killed immediately after, so I never got to use it :v:

Mostly though, I get the choice between plasma grenades, a needler and the sprint power up.

The needler is so good this time, I loving love it. In Reach it took the entire mag just to remove their shields but in this it owns.

Creepy Goat posted:

Ahhh this is annoying. I assumed it would have a long reload time and crappy accuracy to balance it so I could make a heavy weapons character; more of a suppression weapon that knocks enemies aim and movement around for tighter teamwork in matches.

It absolutely shreds up close. Forget even winning an engagement if someone has one of those coming at you :stare:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Tighclops posted:

Stupid question, if I walk into an EB later today and try to preorder a (non-LE) copy, will I be able to?

Uh yes, mainly because they'll have a billion copies anyways. Big releases like this trump the "only getting enough copies to cover preorders" line that gets peddled.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

For those of you playing, what's your favorite armor ability so far?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Donald Kimball posted:

For those of you playing, what's your favorite armor ability so far?

Thruster Pack :shobon: It's really really useful if you're taking fire and need to quickly dodge behind some rocks. It's especially handy if a grenade lands at your feet and you won't be able to sprint away in time.

I've hardly seen anyone actually using their armour abilities. The odd hologram and even less frequently the camouflage (used by the guy who crouch walks everywhere then just gets killed because he was dumb)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Are the brute motorcycles or other weapons back in? I liked them.

Also did the hard light shield end up as useless as everyone assumed?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Also did the hard light shield end up as useless as everyone assumed?

No brute cycle and I'm not sure what weapons made it back in. The hard light shield is pretty useful as a last resort but you can't really charge into the fray with it deployed and expect to win.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Zavvi shipped my LE earlier today.:neckbeard: Just got to hope it get's here for release day.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

V for Vegans posted:

The green team is a tiger!

What is light red team! I must know!

Gunder
May 22, 2003

How do you watch the domain terminal stuff? The game tells you to watch them on Waypoint after finding them in the campaign, but waypoint seems to have nothing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

There's yet another variety of the weird pseudo-grenade launcher thing, and the hammer. No spiker.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

BabyMauler posted:

What is light red team! I must know!

I dunno, just saw the tiger pop up on one of those game play videos. Hopefully they're the salmon.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I didn't see it mentioned in the OP:

Can you play the campaign co-op? Or is it just spartan-ops?

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
First montage from Waypoint. BALL THROWING IN GRIFFBALL! TUESDAY GET HERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT6UmUslf0s

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

dudeman posted:

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I didn't see it mentioned in the OP:

Can you play the campaign co-op? Or is it just spartan-ops?

You can play both Campaign and Spartan Ops in co-op.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

You can play both Campaign and Spartan Ops in co-op.

Awesommme. How does it work in campaign? I imagine host is MC, but what do the others play as? I don't imagine it's like Reach where you get to use your custom avatar? That was my favorite part :(

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

BabyMauler posted:

Sharks VS Unicorns, I don't know why, 343 is weird.

Isn't it Shark vs Stingray? I saw a unicorn at first too but when I put the machinima live stream on full screen it looked more like a manta ray or something, with the unicorn's "horn" being the day's tail.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

dudeman posted:

Awesommme. How does it work in campaign? I imagine host is MC, but what do the others play as? I don't imagine it's like Reach where you get to use your custom avatar? That was my favorite part :(

From what I've heard it's like CE where everyone just plays as Chief. Don't quote me on that though.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Say you don't have any skinned weapons and someone else does, if you pick up their weapon then is it skinned on your side?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Say you don't have any skinned weapons and someone else does, if you pick up their weapon then is it skinned on your side?

It should be, that's how it works in most games since the game rendered these skins anyway so you can see them when they run by holding their gun.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

BabyMauler posted:

First montage from Waypoint. BALL THROWING IN GRIFFBALL! TUESDAY GET HERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT6UmUslf0s

And the lovely obnoxious dubstep is already here :negative:

e; :stare: Looks social-life-destroying-awesome though

Creepy Goat fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 4, 2012

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
I liked that dubstep remix :confused:

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
That video was pretty crappy for a montage. Do something cooler than a bunch of double kills

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

That video was pretty crappy for a montage. Do something cooler than a bunch of double kills

Lots of the kills were people not even looking at him. Do rocket jumps across a map then hit someone mid air with your foot.

Meat Mitts
May 28, 2012
I've heard that you can enter codes twice on separate dewxp accounts. Is this true? If it is, I'll post the 16 12 match codes I got.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Meat Mitts posted:

I've heard that you can enter codes twice on separate dewxp accounts. Is this true? If it is, I'll post the 16 12 match codes I got.

I've seen people saying this is the case, and I've seen people saying it isn't. Haven't tried it myself so I have no conclusive data for you.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Evil Badman posted:

Uh yes, mainly because they'll have a billion copies anyways. Big releases like this trump the "only getting enough copies to cover preorders" line that gets peddled.

Yep, got my receipt. I guess I'll be going to the midnight launch.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Meat Mitts posted:

I'll be the guinea pig for it, I have zero codes so far :(

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Screw preordering. I'm gonna go to Wal Mart on Tuesday during my lunch and buy it. No way they'll not have it.

Meat Mitts
May 28, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

I've seen people saying this is the case, and I've seen people saying it isn't. Haven't tried it myself so I have no conclusive data for you.

Well then, go nuts on these and see if they work. I've entered these once already, so it will be interesting to see if they work again. The first 2 are from Mountain Dew 24 packs, so its unlikely that someone else has already used the codes.

AAMZY7P9FR
PSBYL3FXHX
LW9YH3R6HX
RLRA3CV6NE
79EVZ6V93Y
ALXAMCZX6B
FXCMRLBMHR
YCWYS7N9RK
XWRSKL7PZP
HB67E7S6X9
LA7N7LFW3L
3AP9Z6SFW9
EN7WR6XKC9
PKAVLP9BWM
APXYW6PSZE
H3K3EF7CXH

Meat Mitts fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 5, 2012

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Meat Mitts posted:

Well then, go nuts on these and see if they work. I've entered these once already, so it will be interesting to see if they work again. The first 2 are from Mountain Dew 24 packs, so its unlikely that someone else has already used the codes.

The first two did not work. The next 10 or so after that did, then the rest came back already used (presumably from someone else in the thread). I'd guess that the doritos codes can be used twice due to being on the outside of the package (good call on their part).

I'll be gifting some of these matches to people in the coupons thread because I feel bad for taking so many of them at once.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

wasn't able to use any. Too slow. If anyone has extras to give away I'd appreciate it.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Anyone that got the game early and has played the campaign, is there a Warthog run at/near the end? This is important :ohdear:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is there anywhere someone could read a breakdown of the plot up until Halo 4? I've read some of the books/beaten all the games but I'm a little hazy

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Same here. I read up until Ghosts of Onyx and played Reach, but even then some of the stuff in Halsey's journal was unfamiliar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax
I watched both of these last night to refresh myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwn6h6vofOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN2u-PFgnc4

• Locked thread