Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Asadasa
Feb 4, 2004

Brain Burnt

Rirse posted:

Hooray, I was able to move all my old games to the Wii U from my previously homebrew Wii. Dunno why Lost Winds doesn't move over, but eh, I never honestly liked the game. Also don't get why Donkey Kong Country 1 - 3 got removed this week, as I never bought 1 and 3.

Did you have to do anything other than remove the homebrew channel for it to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

SyRauk posted:

Nintendo's Miiverse must be getting seriously bogged down right now.

Ok so it isn't just me running into error messages every now and then.

Where do I go to set my Friends List settings so I can start adding people?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
If you get Warriors Orochi 3 set the game pad display sync to partial. For some reason having it on full sync makes frames drop like flies. I also figured out how to disable the gamepad display so I'm using my pro controller and it's very Nice!

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Ok so it isn't just me running into error messages every now and then.

Where do I go to set my Friends List settings so I can start adding people?

Hit the home button and the Friends List is on the far left.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Asadasa posted:

Did you have to do anything other than remove the homebrew channel for it to work?

You don't even have to remove the Homebrew Channel. As long as you can download the transfer app you're good.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Update faster you hunk of poo poo why did I accept the update instead of jamming in Super Mario

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Seeing all the Wii U talk, I'm actually surprised I haven't seen the tiniest bit of advertisment for it here in Denmark. It launches in two weeks and nobody except for the people following it on the internet knows about it.

Hell, the store I work for doesn't even know what price it'll have. Somebody got to step up and spill the beans.

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!
Is it safe to say the only games that support the pro controller are the following?

COD Black Ops II - 1 pro controller (released today)
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge - 1 to 2 pro controllers? (released today)
Rayman Legends - 4 pro controllers (3/5/2013)

I was going to buy 4 pro controllers for multiplayer games, but it seems there's no point in getting them until at least March of next year.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

absolutely anything posted:

You don't even have to remove the Homebrew Channel. As long as you can download the transfer app you're good.

Can you go back and use the Homebrew Channel on the Wii after downloading the transfer app and moving everything? I want to get all my stuff on my Wii U but I still want to be able to go back and use a Classic Controller for Donkey Kong Country Returns or whatever other homebrew things I might want.

And also, does it erase all the saves off of the Wii, or does it just make copies?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Man, the wireless on this thing is kind of stupid.

I was able to connect earlier in the day, and now suddenly it has no idea what my router is our how it works. Super frustrating.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Okay, so this new Nintendo Online ID system thing...it sucks?

Well, not really, but people are talking about having this unified system for all purchases that can be transferred between consoles, except that I'm finding that there is no way to transfer an account between systems. There's no way to actually put an account on a system that already has been activated on another system, and the only thing I apparently can figure out to do in order to get the same username is to actually delete the account and recreate it, which defeats the purpose more than just a bit. Maybe I'm missing something? I haven't been able to find a lick of information about this online.

Edit: Welp, can't do that. Try to recreate it, and it's 'already in use'. Try to link it, and I can't because 'this account has been deleted'. Holy poo poo.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 18, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Asadasa posted:

I updated all the IOS I had changed and removed all the ones that are listed as custom and deleted the HBC. I might not had to do all that steps.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Anyone got any impressions on some e-shop games? Thinking of maybe picking one or two up.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

KracKiwi posted:

Is it safe to say the only games that support the pro controller are the following?

COD Black Ops II - 1 pro controller (released today)
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge - 1 to 2 pro controllers? (released today)
Rayman Legends - 4 pro controllers (3/5/2013)

I was going to buy 4 pro controllers for multiplayer games, but it seems there's no point in getting them until at least March of next year.

Wariors Orochi 3 uses 1 pro controller either for 1 player or as the second player
ZombiU lists the pro controller as well but I haven't booted it up yet.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
I've added the first four people in the Nintendo ID thread. My NNID hasn't been added to the first post yet, but it's in the thread itself if those four want to add me/anyone else wants to add me.

Do you get a notification when someone adds you? Or do you have to add them knowing they tried to add you?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
My youngest brother and I grabbed our Wii U at our local Best Buy's midnight launch pretty easily. He played ZombiU most of the night after we got everything updated. From what I watched it looked pretty good, and from what he has said it's the closest thing to the ideal survival horror game he has always wanted in terms of a FPS. Melee seemed to be limited to a shoving attack ala L4D, a generic slow overhead swing, and a context-specific finishing attack (which is a generic overhead swing). On the one hand, it was pretty boring to watch melee battles, but on the other hand it made melee fights really risky if you had to fight two or more zombies at the same time, so I could kind of see where that was going. In fact, any situation where there was more than two zombies was a losing battle and you'd better have an out. It's a pretty slow and methodical game as far as searching for items and trying to be careful.

So far he likes it, though he wishes it was a bit more sandbox-y and that it was more strict on things like requiring food, water, and sleep reguarly like it was some kind of Project Zomboid: The First Person Shooter. I need to fire up NSMBU and Nintendo Land later and see how that goes.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Walked into Fred Meyers and picked up a Basic and two games this morning. Didn't know this was coming out till earlier this week. Compulsive buy for me cause I'm a compulsive shopper. I don't have much time to play, with the end of the school semester coming up, but it'll be nice to zone out for a few weeks between semesters.

Update at about 25% for me. Taking forever with my already slow-as-poo poo internet. Time to get some homework done so I can play later.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Does anyone know how to register Nintendoland for some club nintendo coins if you got the deluxe Wii U? There was no serial # in the case and I don't see why they wouldn't give you a way to do it

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
If Nintendo doesn't make a 3D Pokemon game with elements from their best Pokemon games like Snap and Stadium then I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with them at this point :psyduck:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Can you go back and use the Homebrew Channel on the Wii after downloading the transfer app and moving everything? I want to get all my stuff on my Wii U but I still want to be able to go back and use a Classic Controller for Donkey Kong Country Returns or whatever other homebrew things I might want.

And also, does it erase all the saves off of the Wii, or does it just make copies?

Yeah, HBC and all that was totally left alone for me. Currently restoring my pre-transfer NAND with BootMii. Totally painless! :toot:

EDIT: Oh yeah, it erases whatever it transfers off the Wii. So back up whatever you need beforehand.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Okay, I must be an idiot because I can't find, for the life of me, the setting that allows me to turn the volume down on my gamepad. There's an option for regular Wii remotes, but nothing I can find for this loud-rear end thing playing spa music for an hour as I slowly download the update (which thankfully timed out, so I can just play games). Anyone know how to do this?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Space_Butler posted:

Okay, I must be an idiot because I can't find, for the life of me, the setting that allows me to turn the volume down on my gamepad. There's an option for regular Wii remotes, but nothing I can find for this loud-rear end thing playing spa music for an hour as I slowly download the update (which thankfully timed out, so I can just play games). Anyone know how to do this?

Slider on the top.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Space_Butler posted:

It's a slider on the top of the gamepad itself. Left hand side iirc.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

absolutely anything posted:

Slider on the top.

Akileese posted:

It's a slider on the top of the gamepad itself. Left hand side iirc.

Indeed I AM an idiot, then. Thank you!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

"No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's."

So from what I'm hearing, this is no better than linking all your content to a single system. Like before. Except worse, now, because you can't transfer any data at all between Wii U systems.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to switch to the gamepad in Sonic Racing all Stars and took awhile to find an answer on the internet. (Hold your finger down for a few seconds) I'm worrying that there's going to be a lot more of these problems in the future if the manuals skip over key gameplay features like this.

Really sucks about Miiverse though. I saw it come back for a few minutes but I guess it's down again.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
The video quality from Netflix on the pad is amazing!!!!!!

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

Impressions time!

I love how the system is packaged in the box with two separate boxes that slide out. That's really cool. Everything is laid out well, maybe not like how Apple would do it but it's really nice.

Easy to set up all the cables.

Took me forever to figure out how to synch the controller with the system because I couldn't find the synch button. Then when I did it was recessed so I figured my unit was broken. Turns out you use the stylus to press it. :downs:

Menu (OS?) seems rather slow but it's simple to use and I love the audio and all the sounds.

First thing I tried doing with the system: play a Wii game. Went into Wii mode, did some set-up with that and a Wiimote, put in Xenoblade and prayed. It works! I thought that BC out of the box needed an update but I guess that's just for some online features? Anyways it kind of looks like rear end on my LCD TV so I'll try to gently caress with it later to get it to look a bit better, if possible, but I'm just satisfied that at least you can play Wii games right away if you want.

Didn't play much of Nintendo Land, just the Star Fox racing game, which kind of sucks. Or I suck at it, I dunno. Will give NL another shot later with my wife.

NSMBU. Holy poo poo this game looks nice. Maybe I'm just easy to please but this is a really good looking game.

ZombiU. Screamed like a little girl about two minutes into it. I'm going to be a wreck playing it. :ohdear:

All in all I'm really impressed. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the original NES so maybe I'm not the best to judge their consoles but I think it's really cool.

Anyone try Scribblenauts yet? Is that any good or should I wait for a price drop?

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Cherokee Jack posted:

Impressions time!

I love how the game is packaged in the box with two separate boxes that slide out. That's really cool. Everything is laid out well, maybe not like how Apple would do it but it's really nice.

Easy to set up all the cables.

Took me forever to figure out how to synch the controller with the system because I couldn't find the synch button. Then when I did it was recessed so I figured my unit was broken. Turns out you use the stylus to press it. :downs:

Menu (OS?) seems rather slow but it's simple to use and I love the audio and all the sounds.

First thing I tried doing with the system: play a Wii game. Went into Wii mode, did some set-up with that and a Wiimote, put in Xenoblade and prayed. It works! I thought that BC out of the box needed an update but I guess that's just for some online features? Anyways it kind of looks like rear end on my LCD TV so I'll try to gently caress with it later to get it to look a bit better, if possible, but I'm just satisfied that at least you can play Wii games right away if you want.

Didn't play much of Nintendo Land, just the Star Fox racing game, which kind of sucks. Or I suck at it, I dunno. Will give NL another shot later with my wife.

NSMBU. Holy poo poo this game looks nice. Maybe I'm just easy to please but this is a really good looking game.

ZombiU. Screamed like a little girl about two minutes into it. I'm going to be a wreck playing it. :ohdear:

All in all I'm really impressed. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the original NES so maybe I'm not the best to judge their consoles but I think it's really cool.

Anyone try Scribblenauts yet? Is that any good or should I wait for a price drop?
I got Scribblenauts for 49.99 at Best Buy (really it was 29.99 after I got them to match Toys R Us). I've just played it for a small while but it seemed like a lot of fun. I've always been interested in it but didn't have a platform to get it on.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

ayb posted:

Does anyone know how to register Nintendoland for some club nintendo coins if you got the deluxe Wii U? There was no serial # in the case and I don't see why they wouldn't give you a way to do it

It shows up a few hours later after you've signed into the store on the system.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Didn't see this in the OP.

I have money on my 3DS e-shop account. How do I link it to my WiiU e-shop?

edit: Never-loving-mind. Can't. Awesome job Nintendo.

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 18, 2012

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Is Target's Find In Store stock estimate accurate/up to the minute? There are like 10 Targets within 20 miles of me that say both the normal and deluxe editions are in stock which just seems insane.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Didn't see this in the OP.

I have money on my 3DS e-shop account. How do I link it to my WiiU e-shop?

edit: Never-loving-mind. Can't. Awesome job Nintendo.

Seriously, how is Nintendo constantly loving this account thing up? Every single one of their competitors knows what an online account can be used for, and how to do it, but they consistently keep screwing up.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

resident posted:

Is Target's Find In Store stock estimate accurate/up to the minute? There are like 10 Targets within 20 miles of me that say both the normal and deluxe editions are in stock which just seems insane.

If it's like Walmart's, no.

Edit - Called two Targets nearby that listed in stock and they did not have them.

Legdiian fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 18, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Been playing Mario U. Holy hell it's 20x better then NSMB2's awful installment, it strangely feels like a little bit of Rayman Origins snuck itself in as well.

Also how about that system update. Holy hell had enough time to reorganize my entire room, pick up the trash, move a ton of stuff around, and watch a 40 minute video :psyduck:

I can't even use Miiverse for some reason

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

suddenlyissoon posted:

I got Scribblenauts for 49.99 at Best Buy (really it was 29.99 after I got them to match Toys R Us). I've just played it for a small while but it seemed like a lot of fun. I've always been interested in it but didn't have a platform to get it on.

Cool. My wife isn't into platforming games, she'll probably try ZombiU because she already plays games like Fallout 3 and the Elder Scrolls games and is used to that "style" of play. If we can play Scribblenauts two-player it would be an extra bonus because it's the kind of game that appeals to her.

Or maybe I can just be a nice husband and buy it for her this week anyway.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does the controller with the TV on it have to be in proximity of the console to work ? For example, can I take Super Mario to work or the toilet ?

Also, will Nintendo be censoring games like they have before ? (Mortal Kombat 1 for SNES) I haven't purchased any Nintendo stuff since then because I have a need for blood and gore and swearing.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Anyone have any experience with external SSD drives they'd recommend? :allears:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

jonathan posted:

Does the controller with the TV on it have to be in proximity of the console to work ? For example, can I take Super Mario to work or the toilet ?

Also, will Nintendo be censoring games like they have before ? (Mortal Kombat 1 for SNES) I haven't purchased any Nintendo stuff since then because I have a need for blood and gore and swearing.

Nintendo doesn't censor multiplat titles, at all, since the N64 days. And the Gamepad's wireless range depends on your house's construction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

jonathan posted:

Toilet probably. Work no.

Has anyone found any impressions or reviews of CoD or Madden?

• Locked thread