Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

bluegoon posted:

Anyone care to explain to me what that last statement means? Digital Content Privilege? This is BT Games South Africa.

Is there an actual market in brazil for a $2350 wii u?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ImpAtom posted:

So I saw an article earlier about Ninja Gaiden 3 for the WiiU being less lovely than the 360/PS3 versions. Is there anything backing that up?

They added back a lot of the crap that was missing from NG2, added Ayane as a playable character, an online co-op mode, yada yada yada. There are a ton of changes but the original game was so bad that it still just amounts to turd-polishing.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
eshop games on the GB stream if you aren't watching already.

Edit: Fixed dumb things

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They added back a lot of the crap that was missing from NG2, added Ayane as a playable character, an online co-op mode, yada yada yada. There are a ton of changes but the original game was so bad that it still just amounts to turd-polishing.

Yeah, that is what I was concerned about. Someone said it played more like NG1 and NG2 but I don't know the level of bullshit involved there.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

I'm confused about how the Deluxe Digital Promotion works. If there are two users on the system does the promotion count for both users? Is it only for the user that registers the system to their Club Nintendo account?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Underwhelmed posted:

I haven't played all that far yet but it seems enjoyable enough. Not sure why people need outside reviews for validation/need to get all smug about bad reviews though.

If a game consistently gets mediocre reviews from tons of different sites, it says a lot.

Then again, I've always taken "mediocre" to mean "Limited appeal" i.e. Hey we didn't like it but someone might if they can look past certain flaws.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Patrick at Giant Bomb just got screwed because he made his NNID on the office Wii U, and now it's stuck there because apparently you can only use your ID with the console it was made on!

One step forward two steps back again for Nintendo.

e: Also Chasing Aurora or whatever it's called looks kinda boring.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Crowbear posted:

Patrick at Giant Bomb just got screwed because he made his NNID on the office Wii U, and now it's stuck there because apparently you can only use your ID with the console it was made on!

What? They said repeatedly it would store your save information and all this stuff across multiple consoles.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Bobnumerotres posted:

What? They said repeatedly it would store your save information and all this stuff across multiple consoles.

They just found the only way to "move" it is to delete it.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does that mean its restored on the next system or what (and/or you can put saves on your sd card)

edit oh my god yall remember when i asked if this was gonna continue to be a problem im sorry

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Robolizard! posted:

Does that mean its restored on the next system or what

Nope, sounds like you lose all eshop activity with the delete.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Carecat posted:

They just found the only way to "move" it is to delete it.

And by "delete it", it sounds like it means just delete the entire account server-side. As in, if you buy a game, then delete the account, when you create a new account with the same name you're not going to have your purchase attached anymore.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Robolizard! posted:

Is there an actual market in brazil for a $2350 wii u?

That's Rand not Reais, it's more like $550.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Robolizard! posted:

Does that mean its restored on the next system or what

It says that deleting your account deletes all associated info including your eshop purchases :suicide:

God I hope this is all some colossal misunderstanding.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
At this point, I'd chalk it up to the system's options being a bit of a jumbled mess. Perhaps we just haven't found the non-intuitive way Nintendo wants you to do it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Well gently caress. I already made my Nintendo ID on my friend's Wii U. drat't.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Detective No. 27 posted:

Well gently caress. I already made my Nintendo ID on my friend's Wii U. drat't.

Why would you do that? Honsetly that's almost as dumb as Nintendo. It's NINTENDO, what did you think was going to happen? Did you actually buy poo poo on your friend's console too?

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I think this is a misunderstanding. Can't you link and unlink your Club Nintendo/eShop account unlimited times? Pretty sure it mentioned that when I linked the first time.

I would think you could unlink, delete/recreate or create a different Nintendo ID for your other console, and then re-link them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

greatn posted:

Why would you do that? Honsetly that's almost as dumb as Nintendo. It's NINTENDO, what did you think was going to happen? Did you actually buy poo poo on your friend's console too?

I haven't bought anything. I knew it would be hours before I'd be able to set up my own Wii U and someone in this thread confirmed I could move it to my Wii U. If I have to make a new account, no big deal.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
This was posted earlier, from Nintendo's support FAQ:

"No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's."

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, that is what I was concerned about. Someone said it played more like NG1 and NG2 but I don't know the level of bullshit involved there.

It does play a lot more like those games than it did originally, simply due to the fact that they added back most of the systems that they removed for no reason and changed the way most of the new ones worked to make them less stupid, improved the AI, gave you all the weapons instead of tying them to DLC, etc but a lot of issues like the stupid kunai-climbing QTEs and the boring empty environments haven't been touched.

It's unquestionably a huge improvement over the original and has way more changes than the typical Sigma version or whatever but it's merely gone from being completely terrible to being mediocre.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Skunk Ape posted:

I think this is a misunderstanding. Can't you link and unlink your Club Nintendo/eShop account unlimited times? Pretty sure it mentioned that when I linked the first time.

I would think you could unlink, delete/recreate or create a different Nintendo ID for your other console, and then re-link them.

Nope. I was complaining about this earlier in the thread. There is no way to unlink an account. There is no way to transfer an account. There is no way to move an account. You can delete an account, but it is then marked as 'deleted', and can not be recreated with the same name. It's horseshit.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
:psyboom:

This basically defies the whole point of having an account system.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Crowbear posted:

:psyboom:

This basically defies the whole point of having an account system.

Yup! Now, instead of having your purchases locked to a system, you have them locked to an account. But oh wait! The account is locked to a system!

What the gently caress.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

There goes me buying a Wii U unless Nintendo fixes this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It does play a lot more like those games than it did originally, simply due to the fact that they added back most of the systems that they removed for no reason and changed the way most of the new ones worked to make them less stupid, improved the AI, gave you all the weapons instead of tying them to DLC, etc but a lot of issues like the stupid kunai-climbing QTEs and the boring empty environments haven't been touched.

It's unquestionably a huge improvement over the original and has way more changes than the typical Sigma version or whatever but it's merely gone from being completely terrible to being mediocre.

That is pretty drat unfortunate.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Morpheus posted:

Yup! Now, instead of having your purchases locked to a system, you have them locked to an account. But oh wait! The account is locked to a system!

What the gently caress.

:psyduck:

That's gotta be one of the stupidest things I've heard them do. What was going through their heads when they came up with this? But I guess I shouldn't been expecting anything else from those guys. And I actually got a little excited about getting a WiiU too. I really hope they fix this in the future.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Zeether posted:

There goes me buying a Wii U unless Nintendo fixes this.

Haven't they been saying they'd be addressing this "at a later date" this whole time? It shouldn't have been an issue in the first place, sure, but I really doubt it's gonna be a permanent inconvenience.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I think I figured out the friend request thing guys.

Open the Miiverse, go to User Menu. Search for User. Type in the username of the person you want to add. Open their profile, and click Friend Request.

Type in a message and hit OK

THIS WILL SEND A REQUEST MESSAGE TO THE OTHER PERSON.

Now we don't have to mutually add people.

Why it does not do this through the friends list, I DO NOT KNOW.

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Huh, I was under the impression your Club Nintendo and eShop activity were connected. You can most definitely unlink your Club Nintendo account in the eShop settings.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Haven't they been saying they'd be addressing this "at a later date" this whole time? It shouldn't have been an issue in the first place, sure, but I really doubt it's gonna be a permanent inconvenience.

I really hope so. While they've said on their FAQ that 'future Nintendo systems' will employ this, I'm not 100% if they've said that they will eventually give the ability to transfer it to different Wii Us.

And honestly, why the heck isn't this something out of the box? It's just such a pain in the rear end.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I hope it does, and I'm glad now that I didn't jump on the release like I did with the 3DS.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Morpheus posted:

And honestly, why the heck isn't this something out of the box? It's just such a pain in the rear end.

Maybe in a couple months when Nintendo finishes making the OS they can work on adding features they forgot to put in the first release.

scottus
Jul 31, 2012
Any idea when we'll get some Virtual Console games on the eShop?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What's up with this ZombiU? I am hearing its the surprise of the launch titles or something.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So ever since Geoff Knightly tweeted that the Wii update is 5 GB everyone on the internet is taking this as canon. That can't be true right? I think someone here showed their used bandwidth for downloading it was closer to 1 GB?

I am worried about my power going out during update nd bricking the system though. Not that I have anything really prone to that in my area, but who knows.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Edit: No. It's maybe 1.5-1.6 GB at most. That guy is an idiot.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
So my system has locked up twice now while trying to download Nano Assault Neo. Cool.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

flyboi posted:

Edit: No. It's maybe 1.5-1.6 GB at most. That guy is an idiot.

Well he's not really an idiot, he's just mistaken, and because he is an influential games journalist the 5gb thing is now FACT on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ulio posted:

What's up with this ZombiU? I am hearing its the surprise of the launch titles or something.

I'm enjoying it so far. People are saying it gets repetitive/lacks advancement but I'll see.

• Locked thread