Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooper Struvé
Dec 15, 2004

I have had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.
Does anyone remember which episode they made fun of "Baby it's cold outside?" I remember it being hilarious but can't find it - it isn't on any of the Candlenights episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Hooper Struvé posted:

Does anyone remember which episode they made fun of "Baby it's cold outside?" I remember it being hilarious but can't find it - it isn't on any of the Candlenights episodes.

I believe that was episode 85, Candlenights 2011 - though I'm not 100% certain, it's definitely either that one or one near it.

E: Confirmed. IT's from the bit around 7 minutes where they're doing the Yahoo question about the holiday striptease.

Cannon Goose
Oct 29, 2010
Anyone remember the episode where they went through a list of other names they could have potentially used for the podcast? I remember some of them being pretty great and would like to hear it again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cannon Goose posted:

Anyone remember the episode where they went through a list of other names they could have potentially used for the podcast? I remember some of them being pretty great and would like to hear it again.

The 100th one, near the end when everything was burning around them.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
If you guys haven't heard it, In Case of Emergency is also a comedy advice podcast by, among others, Travis. It's worth a listen.

ShrewdOrganMerchant
Apr 26, 2008

Please stop doing that.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

If you guys haven't heard it, In Case of Emergency is also a comedy advice podcast by, among others, Travis. It's worth a listen.

Have they said if they're still doing it? Episodes have really petered out lately. There's been a month-long gap between the last two, and now it's been over a month since their last update :sigh:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I won't spoil the joke but the first letter they read on the latest is hilarious.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
Holy God, what is it with Yahoo answers weirdos and Garfield?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Guys it's Candlenights and this is the best. There's a huge section where it's them trying to advertise Extreme Restraints cleanly.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Glitterbomber posted:

Guys it's Candlenights and this is the best. There's a huge section where it's them trying to advertise Extreme Restraints cleanly.

I had no idea that a kielbasa could be made more filling by pumping it up.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Poopy Palpy posted:

I had no idea that a kielbasa could be made more filling by pumping it up.

This whip is not for sexual purposes. We can't stress this enough.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Why is the Candlenights episode always the filthiest episode?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
The "clean" Extreme Restraints ad was great, but I was dying at everything involving Tim Curry and Frosty the Snowman. Just a very, very good episode this week.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
Well I finally caved in and gave this show a go after a friend of mine kept talking about how great it was. I started when "Y Tu Hermano Tambien" was the latest episode and have since gone back and listened to every episode released in 20-does doz. (holy poo poo I just realized it's short for a dozen at this very moment). This is the first non-soccer podcast I've ever listened to and I'm hitting myself for not getting in on this sooner.

Candlenights was brilliant, and now I'm ready to start way back at the beginning and catch up. In the meantime I'll continue recommending this to my friends and slowly adopting Griffin's mannerisms.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Justin got a new, professional microphone/mixing board! Maybe they'll finally stop having segments of the podcast where I have to adjust the volume a dozen times a minute to counter Griffin's yelling versus Justin's whispering.

e: Hah, 18 mins in something happens and Justin is away from the mic for a while, so it's right back to juggling volumes. Oh MBMBAM :allears:

VDay fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 7, 2013

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Totally agree,griffin needs to turn himself down a bit. Also the money zone music is too loud.

(disclaimer I think the podcast is hilarious, this is a tech issue).

Jippa fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 8, 2013

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Whatever you're doing right now you need to stop it immediately, because there is no way it can be as important as listening to Sydnee McElroy describe to Justin the events of Tyrant Banks' novel Modelland.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I had to google the book about 2 minutes in to make sure that it was a real thing and not something they were just making up and holy poo poo. Can't wait for part 2.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
I genuinely actually own this book, it is a real actual thing.

I have never read it. I might now.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Oh my god the name of the country of albinos is Sanscolor :stare:

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
Oh man, this is bizarre. I just hit #39 on my grand quest to get caught up on this show. They just fielded a question ("Together/Alone") and given the name of the asker and the content of the question, I'm 99% certain that it was sent in by a close friend of mine. I have/had no idea he was a fan of the show. Man is it weird when you discover something a friend submitted to the internet under the assumption of anonymity. He was asking for relationship advice with his girlfriend (who he was apparently planning on proposing to 2 years ago) who has since broken up with him and it's all very :smith:.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Visual Sneeze posted:

Oh man, this is bizarre. I just hit #39 on my grand quest to get caught up on this show. They just fielded a question ("Together/Alone") and given the name of the asker and the content of the question, I'm 99% certain that it was sent in by a close friend of mine. I have/had no idea he was a fan of the show. Man is it weird when you discover something a friend submitted to the internet under the assumption of anonymity. He was asking for relationship advice with his girlfriend (who he was apparently planning on proposing to 2 years ago) who has since broken up with him and it's all very :smith:.

Well, that's kind of awkward. On the bright side, you're so close to episode 40, which contains some of my favourite MBMBAM moments.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Jesus, this week is so great. Bull jizz and diaper freaks galore. I loving love that Justin only now realizes that these diaper weird beards poo poo themselves.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i hopped in at episode 36 and had a few really good laughs, but i'm on 37 now and its incredible and i already feel sick from laughing about halfway through

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
What the heck was that French baby that Justin did this week? It sounded like Nick Kroll's "Baby" character, but speaking French instead.

Also, pretty good episode this week. It's always nice when they find something that genuinely unsettles them.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Yeah, I don't know what a french baby ghost is or what youtube video they were talking about, but I would really like to know. If someone ever finds out, I really hope they post it here.

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
Y'all should check out Justin's JT'S street Team's twitter It is amazing.

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010
So in addition to the new episode, Justin has made a trip to the mailbox and found some wonderful things.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i'm listening through some old episodes and after they get sponsored by maximum fun or w/e they start talking about it a lot, and begging for me and it sucks really bad. does that ever stop

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

They're never going to stop begging for money, but one of the sponsors they get turns the Money Zone into basically the highlight of the show.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

david carmichael posted:

i'm listening through some old episodes and after they get sponsored by maximum fun or w/e they start talking about it a lot, and begging for me and it sucks really bad. does that ever stop

If you're listening to the fun drive episodes then yeah, those got pretty bad. Listening to them try to convince you that some cookies and some gimmicky emergency battery thing are worth $20/month is pretty awkward. Outside of those episodes though it's not an issue. Just skip the part at the end where they thank everyone and tell you to go listen to other maxfun podcasts and just listen to the last yahoo answer.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Poopy Palpy posted:

They're never going to stop begging for money, but one of the sponsors they get turns the Money Zone into basically the highlight of the show.
Yeah, I think the only time when I didn't like the money zone was the brief period before Extreme Restraints started sponsoring. When they first started it Griffin sang songs for people and they were always amazing and led to my favourite part of the whole show. When Griffin decided to stop singing songs the segment got pretty boring but then Extreme Restraints came along and made it into the best part of the show each week. I was seriously disappointed when there was that one or two weeks when their deal ran out and it seemed like they were done, and a sponsor leaving a podcast is a really weird thing to be disappointed about.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
That video with the Candlenights gifts was great. "This one's just called 'Sex'".

Also, some magnificent soul sent Justin Saga. That's a great book.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Pyrovile posted:

Yeah, I think the only time when I didn't like the money zone was the brief period before Extreme Restraints started sponsoring. When they first started it Griffin sang songs for people and they were always amazing and led to my favourite part of the whole show. When Griffin decided to stop singing songs the segment got pretty boring but then Extreme Restraints came along and made it into the best part of the show each week. I was seriously disappointed when there was that one or two weeks when their deal ran out and it seemed like they were done, and a sponsor leaving a podcast is a really weird thing to be disappointed about.

Griffin's jingles also had the great one for that double dating website with "Go to <soandso> and get your idea stolen" and "They're a bunch of Inception mind thieves".

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Pyrovile posted:

Let's not forget that http://griffinspacejam.com/ ACTUALLY EXISTS.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
The discussion at the end of the most recent episode made me cry with laughter.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Griffin's Andre the Giant impression is comedy gold.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
In tangential MBMBAM news, Justin and Sydnee continue diving into Tyra Banks' Modelland. Here's a brief snippet of Dr. McElroy talking abut a book she read from start to finish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykdF_zaI5Y4

The entire episode is up here: http://ec.libsyn.com/p/b/3/9/b3902a...63&c_id=5359310

The entire thing is glorious.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

"He wears thigh high boots all the time because this guru is in charge of the Thigh High Boot Camp"

"Ffffuck You."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
So I finally got fully caught up in time for this week's episode. But... where is it? Did I miss something?

• Locked thread