Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Yeah I did wanna know how the co-op was. It seems on paper like it could be fun for a little while anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Yeah I did wanna know how the co-op was. It seems on paper like it could be fun for a little while anyway.

The co-op I haven't had as much of a chance to play, it looks serviceable, but the gameplay isn't as exciting or as varied as much of the singleplayer allows itself to be.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So I have a midrange laptop that can handle UE3 games pretty decently, but not a whole lot past that. Is there any huge reason why I should get the game for PC instead of Xbox 360 other than improved graphics?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Has this happened to anyone else?

I was playing the game last night and messed around with the settings. I eventually got it to run near 60 on very high/ultra settings. I played it like that for a whole evening and it looked fantastic.

Booting it up this morning, it runs markedly worse than it did last night. Like, a 20 FPS difference. Even when I bump it down to medium settings, it still doesn't run anywhere near 60. I'm positive I haven't changed any settings, especially since I exited the game multiple times last night.

I'm completely baffled here.

Edit: For some reason, all my tutorial messages also reset. What the hell is going on here?

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Dec 3, 2012

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

WickedIcon posted:

So I have a midrange laptop that can handle UE3 games pretty decently, but not a whole lot past that. Is there any huge reason why I should get the game for PC instead of Xbox 360 other than improved graphics?

Unreal Engine 3, much like Source Engine, can pretty much run on a toaster so it's generally not a very good gauge for how well your computer can run modern games. The big plus over the console versions is that it looks way better and runs way smoother, but that's all provided you have the hardware to handle it. I'd also say mouse and keyboard controls are a plus in favor of the PC version, but that's entirely up to preference. There'll also be some form of modding thanks to gibbed.

If you're not anywhere near the requirements, just go for the 360 version. It runs at a sorta low framerate (mostly around 25 frames per second) but if you play a lot of console games you're likely used to framerate drops.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

WickedIcon posted:

There will inevitably be a bunch of mods, and I'd imagine someone will figure out how to share custom singleplayer maps, too. Other than that I can't think of much.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I'm pretty sure I'm about to unlock the second island and still, the only activities on my map are racing. Do I have to do something in particular to unlock poker, shooting and knife throwing?

e: As an aside, shooting cages open so the animals attack has NEVER worked for me. Every time, without fail they get stuck on the geometry of the cage and the bad guys just mow them down while they just run in place trying to get out of the cage. It's really frustrating.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Xaris posted:

you have to drive a vehicle through pre-determined route of flares; and you have to kill animals with the weapon given.

I think you could theoretically take any route to the drop point if you knew where it is. I know I’ve skipped flares without penalty.

You have to kill animals with the class of weapon given, but you don’t have to use the weapon provided. E.g. there will be a crappy shotgun at the quest marker, but if you use the signature shotgun instead, the kills still count.

Cardboard Box posted:

Borderless windowed mode works flawlessly in this game. I don't even get the usual performance hit that other games bring. There's really no reason not to use it, especially considering how dodgy the alt-tab out of fullscreen is.

There’s one good reason: no V‐sync.

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm about to unlock the second island and still, the only activities on my map are racing. Do I have to do something in particular to unlock poker, shooting and knife throwing?

Clear outposts.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

If you're not anywhere near the requirements, just go for the 360 version. It runs at a sorta low framerate (mostly around 25 frames per second) but if you play a lot of console games you're likely used to framerate drops.

Is it really noticeable? I'm okay with lowish framerate as long as it's smooth.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that
Feels a little early to say much about the game since I've only had about 2 hours to play on saturday and spent most of it fiddling with the visual options, so just something about the graphics for now.
I ended my short session on the first radio tower and as great as the game looks on ground level in the shrubbery, it really doesn't when you're up on high ground looking around. The blur effect on everything farther away looks ridiculous and unrealistic and the trees appear awfully copy/pasted from this viewpoint.
Also, no matter what I do with the graphic options, I get a constant hitching when circle-strafing around items for example. It's a minor thing for most people I guess but it's really annoying.

That said, I had fun. Good game. Just can't see the visual excellence it's made up to be for now.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?

Insanity is.... buying Call of Duty every year expecting a new game only to experience the same exact bullshit year after year after year.

I traded in black cocks 2 for this game. I really hope it is as innovative and creative as everyone says. There really hasn't been a game released this year other than Dishonored that has been anything but a 2005-2011 rehash.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Tunahead posted:

I really have to wonder if they designed the animal AI in this to be purely utilitarian or if there were deliberate peculiarities added in for improved shenanigans. Every time I think I've gotten the hang of how the animals behave, the game surprises me yet again.

These are my observations:

• Territory, herbivores: Herbivores like to hang out in their own little patch of the jungle, except when they're rushing blindly through the undergrowth, maddened by primal terror.

• Territory, carnivores: Carnivores like to wander around at a leisurely pace. The area they do this in doesn't appear to have clearly defined borders. I have no idea if this means they disregard the boundaries of their own territory, or if their territory just includes every pirate camp. Either way, they're certainly not shy about getting in there.

• Confrontation, herbivores: If I sneak close to herbivores, they will bravely run away before I even enter their line of sight, suggesting that there's some sort of sound or smell trigger before a sight one. (Actually probably just a range one, but I don't want to break kayfabe more than is strictly necessary.)

• Confrontation, carnivores: If I get too close to carnivores, they will reach into their supply of whoop-rear end cans and open one up on me. If I open fire on them, that will only make them angrier. This is when they display their maximum speed, and the game turns into a stomach clenching survival horror.

• Interspecies relations: Carnivores like to murder herbivores. If their prey attempts to flee, they give chase. This can go on for far longer than is strictly necessary, because carnivores are a bunch of dicks. I have thus far been unable to observe a carnivore killing another carnivore, so it's possible that they've formed a loose coalition of violent species. This prospect terrifies me more than a cenobite with a visible erection.

• Of wolf and man: As mentioned earlier, carnivores go anyplace they want and it's generally only a matter of time before that place is a pirate camp. As also mentioned earlier, carnivores get angry when puny humans draw too near. Or to put it another way, sometimes carnivores get bored and go looking for fights.

However, none of this explains why a quiet pirate camp I had been covertly observing for quite a while suddenly had a cassowary and buffalo tag team sprint into the center of it and commence a beatdown of mythical proportions. It could only have been better if the cassowary was actually riding the buffalo.

On top of this, there's no one AI for predators, they seem to behave differently in subtle ways. Dogs and komodo dragons are total assholes who will run a mile to get to you and inevitably die to your shotgun, while cassowaries only really attack if you get right up on them or attack them first. Even then, some predators flee when first attacked, while others like bears will immediately turn around try to maul you. The ones that flee tend to wait until seemingly cornered or they decide they have no other choice. A boar will run, and if you give chase for too long, it will turn around and try to gore you. I've also seen some animals like cassowaries take up aggressive stances to try to scare you away without openly attacking.

While, due to the scale of the game, hunting and animal interactions are still kind of ridiculous in a way, there's a lot more depth and detail than I at first anticipated.

Avalanche posted:

Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?

Insanity is.... buying Call of Duty every year expecting a new game only to experience the same exact bullshit year after year after year.

I traded in black cocks 2 for this game. I really hope it is as innovative and creative as everyone says. There really hasn't been a game released this year other than Dishonored that has been anything but a 2005-2011 rehash.

Innovative isn't really a word I'd use to describe this game. It's just very well crafted. They mend together genres and gameplay styles together extremely well. It's still a fresh experience, definitely, but it's still made with a bunch of parts you've seen before. They just all function surprisingly well. Stealth is fun, going guns blazing is fun, hunting is fun, exploring the island is fun, and so on. There's relatively few low points.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 3, 2012

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Syrek posted:

That said, I had fun. Good game. Just can't see the visual excellence it's made up to be for now.

I agree with you that visuals are good, but not as revolutionary as Far Cry was in the day. Remember they also have to cater to an aging generation of consoles so they probably didn't blow a huge wad of cash on making things extra high res and detailed on the PC version. That said, it's still one of the best looking games that have come out in recent years AND is pretty well optimized.

What I'd really love to see is deformable terrain/collapsible buildings. Far Cry 3 on a modified Frostbite2 would have been loving AWESOME based upon how well Bad Company 2 handled jungle levels. It's really a missed opportunity.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Dec 3, 2012

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Syrek posted:

The blur effect on everything farther away looks ridiculous and unrealistic and the trees appear awfully copy/pasted from this viewpoint.

The engine is optimized in a number of ways, including the use of texture streaming. Trees are also rendered in 2D at a certain distance. I remember hang gliding, looking down and seeing the 2D trees spin in place like the old "3D" arcade racing games.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Platystemon posted:

There’s one good reason: no V‐sync.

I never use vsync.

WickedIcon posted:

Is it really noticeable? I'm okay with lowish framerate as long as it's smooth.

It's noticeable during cutscenes but it looks like it holds steady during gameplay.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Innovative isn't really a word I'd use to describe this game. It's just very well crafted. They mend together genres and gameplay styles together extremely well. It's still a fresh experience, definitely, but it's still made with a bunch of parts you've seen before. They just all function surprisingly well. Stealth is fun, going guns blazing is fun, hunting is fun, exploring the island is fun, and so on. There's relatively few low points.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't call the game innovative, but open world first-person shooters are a rare commodity and this one does almost all of what it sets out to do very well.

Syrek posted:

Also, no matter what I do with the graphic options, I get a constant hitching when circle-strafing around items for example. It's a minor thing for most people I guess but it's really annoying.

I don't get any hitching. How much RAM do you have? It's probably having trouble with the streaming. And yes, it's not quite Crysis visually--in particular I tend to notice a lot of little things like grass floating above ground in a few places--but it's still a very nice-looking game.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 3, 2012

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
If I can run borderlands 2 without a hitch should I be able to run Farcry3? nvidia.com said my computer was under recommended for BL2 but that was completely wrong and I can play it without a problem on high and it looks and runs better than it does on console.

I'm running a geforce gtx 260m on an Asus Republic of Gamers gaming laptop. I should be fine on medium at least, right? I can run Farcry 2 just fine.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Dec 3, 2012

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Himuro posted:

If I can run borderlands 2 without a hitch should I be able to run Farcry3? nvidia.com said my computer was under recommended for BL2 but that was completely wrong and I can play it without a problem on high and it looks and runs better than it does on console.

I'm running a geforce gtx 260m on an Asus Republic of Gamers gaming laptop. I should be fine on medium at least, right? I can run Farcry 2 just fine.

I'd say you should be okay on medium or low. Such a shame not many people seem to put demos out any more. Those were the perfect "will this run" test.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Dogs and komodo dragons are total assholes who will run a mile to get to you and inevitably die to your shotgun, while cassowaries only really attack if you get right up on them or attack them first.

That's because cassowaries aren't predators, they eat fruit, insects etc. But they're Australian wildlife, meaning that if you do piss them off they will murder you.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

That's because cassowaries aren't predators, they eat fruit, insects etc. But they're Australian wildlife, meaning that if you do piss them off they will murder you.

They're marked as predators in the game. Basically the game has two designations for animals, passive animals and predators. What that really means is if they can attack the player or not.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Avalanche posted:

I traded in black cocks 2 for this game.

Really?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

ShinAli posted:

Yeaaah, reversing file formats is kind of terrible and don't really know what purpose it'd serve. Didn't look too closely at what else it does, it looks like it imports some binary formatted data as well like heightmap data, object collections, etc. Those are all parsed in the editor too so that's another good thing.
There's more stuff in the native FC3 DLLs too.

Dan Didio posted:

The co-op I haven't had as much of a chance to play, it looks serviceable, but the gameplay isn't as exciting or as varied as much of the singleplayer allows itself to be.
I played a little bit of co-op, it's actually kind of neat.

In the first level, there's a segment where you have to ride jetskis to deliver bombs, only you can compete with the other players -- you earn points by delivering bombs, and you can ram into other players to make them drop their bomb.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Looking at the achievements I discovered that you can Death From Above someone by dropping off a hang glider onto them. Now I have to do this.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope
I love this game but the UI is stalking me and I think it won't let me be.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

This game would have been a thousand times more interesting if it had actually been about a person used to a live of privelege having to do horrible poo poo to save the people they care about instead of a priveleged manchild getting to live out the ultimate manchild juvenile fantasy.

I only wish there was an ending where Jason could die and Liza not. There's a really bizzare outcry against a character who's biggest crime is being vaguely ambitious in her preferred line of work and not wanting a completely useless, emotionally challenged, manchild for a boyfriend.

I don't really understand what you are talking about. Liza is one a the few normal people on the island, who reacts to the poo poo that happens to her in a reasonable way and she wants Jason to snap out of this violent videogame world.

I think it would have been interesting if you only got access to the postending freeroam if you decide to kill your friends. But that would be punishing the players for choosing the good ending.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Looking at the achievements I discovered that you can Death From Above someone by dropping off a hang glider onto them. Now I have to do this.
There's a place later in the game where you will do this automatically in most cases, but it is very fun doing it off of a hang glider.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

gibbed posted:

There's a place later in the game where you will do this automatically in most cases, but it is very fun doing it off of a hang glider.

Does it cancel your falling damage?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Does it cancel your falling damage?
Yep!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Dan Didio posted:

This game would have been a thousand times more interesting if it had actually been about a person used to a live of privelege having to do horrible poo poo to save the people they care about instead of a priveleged manchild getting to live out the ultimate manchild juvenile fantasy.

I only wish there was an ending where Jason could die and Liza not. There's a really bizzare outcry against a character who's biggest crime is being vaguely ambitious in her preferred line of work and not wanting a completely useless, emotionally challenged, manchild for a boyfriend.

I think the point is that a gamer is a spoiled child of privilege rewarded for showing up in a videogame. Right out of the gate you're given a mystical tatau, turn into a badass with weapons, and have the hopes of the tribe pinned on you because you were allowed to run away.

And this intentionally over-the-top worship of the player continues in Citra's seduction scenes, where her first retelling of the myth is told in a seductive tone of voice (in the same way as every other videogame's power fantasy is a seduction of the player by a game), then drops the subtext and makes the usual sex + power appeals explicit text.

The "It feels like winning" conversation also explicitly states the theme of the game.

It's not about "a person used to a live of privelege having to do horrible poo poo to save the people they care about" because this game is arguing that a AAA videogame protagonist can't be anything other than a privileged manchild, at least in practice.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So I was seeing an odd blur over particle effects or the depth of field blur when using my bow sight and then found out what it was during a radio tower cutscene :catstare:

That's an MP5 shaped blur. It's there all the time but really hard most of the time. What the hell?

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 3, 2012

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

That's really, really strange. I haven't noticed that at all.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cardboard Box posted:

That's really, really strange. I haven't noticed that at all.

That's actually intentional. It's Jason's selective sight. If it's not something that can be murdered/burned/collected then he won't see it. The gun is completely gone as you can see, but he knows something is there. So his mind fills in the image based on his surroundings.

It's a clever way of showing his descent into madness.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

whowhatwhere posted:

I think the point is that a gamer is a spoiled child of privilege rewarded for showing up in a videogame. Right out of the gate you're given a mystical tatau, turn into a badass with weapons, and have the hopes of the tribe pinned on you because you were allowed to run away.

And this intentionally over-the-top worship of the player continues in Citra's seduction scenes, where her first retelling of the myth is told in a seductive tone of voice (in the same way as every other videogame's power fantasy is a seduction of the player by a game), then drops the subtext and makes the usual sex + power appeals explicit text.

The "It feels like winning" conversation also explicitly states the theme of the game.

It's not about "a person used to a live of privelege having to do horrible poo poo to save the people they care about" because this game is arguing that a AAA videogame protagonist can't be anything other than a privileged manchild, at least in practice.

Jason's childish fantasies are only ever validated by the game, is my point, it's 'over the top' because it's a fantasy, not because the game thinks it's an idealogy deserving of scorn.

Jason becomes a horrific person and the game unironically cheers him on and revels in it.

It's Fight Club as read by everyone who saw it and decided it would be awesome to actually start a fight club.

I didn't hate it, and I'm not saying that this is necessarily a bad approach, but the game shows a fatal lack of self awareness and has a terribly inconsistent tone and characterization that makes it clear it's not interested in examining any of the ideas it perpetuates, which I would have found more interesting.

am0kgonzo posted:

I don't really understand what you are talking about. Liza is one a the few normal people on the island, who reacts to the poo poo that happens to her in a reasonable way and she wants Jason to snap out of this violent videogame world.

That's exactly what I said; a lot of people online have been cheering on the capture and enslavement of Liza and Jason's other 'friends' at the start of the game because they think of them as deserving of it.

"These people deserve to be sold into slavery." - Jeff Gerstmann, Giantbomb.com.

I don't get that point of view at all.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I guess I just read more irony into it than you do :shobon:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

quote:

Jason becomes a horrific person and the game unironically cheers him on and revels in it.

I disagree, it's pretty obvious in regards to the endings that it condemns Jason's descent.

Not to mention the whole tone of the game comes off as a parody of video game protagonists in general.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

whowhatwhere posted:

I guess I just read more irony into it than you do :shobon:

I feel like I've heard a lot of people playing this game and going 'so where's the part where it turns this premise on it's head, etc. etc.' and I just don't think that part ever came for me.

I didn't see anything in any of the game that made me think it was satire.

It's darkly funny at times, but I never felt like it was being incinsere. Jason is ridiculous and his lines and development are juvenile to a large degree, but I never felt like the game was being underhanded about it.

Plus, the bits I've seen people reference as interpretive that way in the writing I feel can go either way, and on top of that, I feel like if that was their intention, then I didn't see any of that in the actual gameplay which does little to sell me on the idea.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I disagree, it's pretty obvious in regards to the endings that it condemns Jason's descent.

Not to mention the whole tone of the game comes off as a parody of video game protagonists in general.

Don't hesitate to elaborate, please. I mean, I've seen the endings and I didn't feel that way, so clearly it wasn't pretty obvious for me.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Don't hesitate to elaborate, please. I mean, I've seen the endings and I didn't feel that way, so clearly it wasn't pretty obvious for me.

That is a good point, my view was
If you save your friends, Jason rejects violence for the sake of violence. "I'm tired of this violence!" and admits that he after everything you've done in the game, the player has made him into a monster. "I've killed more people than I can count". I mean, how many people and animals have you killed by the end of Far Cry 3? This ending is a reflection of everything Jason has done in the game and how it wasn't a good thing.

The other ending honestly just feels like a "You picked the wrong ending!" to me. Either way Jason pays for what he's done.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dan Didio posted:

Jason's childish fantasies are only ever validated by the game, is my point, it's 'over the top' because it's a fantasy, not because the game thinks it's an idealogy deserving of scorn.

I didn't hate it, and I'm not saying that this is necessarily a bad approach, but the game shows a fatal lack of self awareness and has a terribly inconsistent tone and characterization that makes it clear it's not interested in examining any of the ideas it perpetuates, which I would have found more interesting.

I honestly think they realized that if they pulled on the chain a few times, like Spec Ops did, people would get offended that the game is making a statement against that behaviour while being that behaviour (that's fair to an extent). If they really wanted to push the envelope they would've had a moment where Jason experiences a moment of self-awareness and starts becoming more cynical as a result.
But that's not what this is.

This game is a gigantic sandbox where you frequently indulge in ridiculous over-the-top activities on an hourly/daily basis. People would immediately call bullshit if this game tried to say "stop murdering all these people, you weirdo." and tried to get you to stop playing that way. It's in this way that the story really doesn't work, but it does get you more emotionally invested (or at least they hoped it would). Just Cause 2 proved that you literally didn't need a story to have fun in a huge world. But I think that Far Cry 3 tried to have it both ways personally.

Although the endings almost make up for this coy behaviour, by (big spoilers) punishing your warrior instincts instead of holding onto the last remnants of your humanity (your friends essentially) and escaping before you give into the siren call of the island.

This can be see as that split, people playing the game aggressively thinking they're some reincarnation of some ancient god plays into the gamer's ego. While playing to their interests and letting them do so. Staying back and playing the god of war can be seen as truly indulging the male power fantasy, but it gets spun to make people question that behaviour.

Whereas the leaving ending is there to remind you what you came to do. Your responsibilities so to speak. You have people to save. If you do choose the leaving ending it shows an emotional maturity in Jason. He's choosing to put others before himself instead of indulging in that male power fantasy.

But then again this is all conjecture (isn't it always?).

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

That is a good point, my view was
If you save your friends, Jason rejects violence for the sake of violence. "I'm tired of this violence!" and admits that he after everything you've done in the game, the player has made him into a monster. "I've killed more people than I can count". I mean, how many people and animals have you killed by the end of Far Cry 3? This ending is a reflection of everything Jason has done in the game and how it wasn't a good thing.

The other ending honestly just feels like a "You picked the wrong ending!" to me. Either way Jason pays for what he's done.

That's funny, because I felt almost exactly the opposite. I felt like your 'wrong ending' was exactly the right ending for the story and picked it based off of that.

Similarly, I didn't feel like Jason was punished in either ending. In yours, he admonishes himself, but there is no punishment. He sacrifices every piece of progress he's made, both good and bad, and chooses instead to regress back into being what he was before, which feels completely absurd and hollow given that he completely loses any sense of self, reasoning or scope. Jason continues to take the 'easy' way out. Instead of coming to terms with what he's done, he rejects the idea that it's a part of him and goes back to moping.

"I've killed too many people!" wasn't ever Jason's problem and I felt like that solution stemmed from more of the same inconsistency and poor character reflection that hounded me whenever I'd play a mission out of the order the game expected me to and Jason turned into a quipping badass before going back to whimpering constantly.

To me, the ending really exemplifed a lot of the flaws with the game rather than giving me any kind of closure.

As for 'my' ending, Jason isn't punished; he's legitimized as a legend, a warrior and a man in an overly phallic and masculine ceremony and dies 'as a warrior' begetting more violence.

It felt like a much more complete arc than the other ending's abrupt, easy way out solution and felt like an appropriate capstone to the game.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I just noticed that the second Lost Expedition mission is set in an old japanese science bunker that has the Abstergo logo from Assassins creed on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

The Ubiverse is a reality.

• Locked thread