Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'
So how do you guys and girls feel about VLP without a real ending or beginning because the episode is just cut from a larger recording session?

I don't really like them because it always feels jarring to just start or end suddenly but pretty much got used it and do it myself now.

Someone recently reminded me of my dislike for sudden starts and endings, so I'm trying to do something different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ntWIgciGeA&t=1530s

Do you think that is better than a sudden stop? Or is it even more jarring and unpleasant.

Or just indifferent to it all.

edit: Changing phrasing because I'm nitpicky.

VivaVizer fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think it's better to say at least some token hellos and goodbyes - especially in games without level transitions. The ending you posted is alright.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
Here's an updated version of the first update of the LP I'm working on of The Way. I cut out some screens that were messing with flow, increased the size, and made the portrait smaller. I put all the images with [timg] tags.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

Here's an updated version of the first update of the LP I'm working on of The Way. I cut out some screens that were messing with flow, increased the size, and made the portrait smaller. I put all the images with [timg] tags.

And why do you not just post the pictures normally? They are basically the 640x480 size which is not a problem at all. I can tell you personally I would not bother with a screenshot LP that would require me to click on every image separately to expand (especially since they are not huge or anything) in order to be able to read it.

VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'

steinrokkan posted:

I think it's better to say at least some token hellos and goodbyes - especially in games without level transitions. The ending you posted is alright.

Well, at least I didn't make the video worse. Now, just need to work on the ending some more so it is better than alright.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

ivantod posted:

And why do you not just post the pictures normally? They are basically the 640x480 size which is not a problem at all. I can tell you personally I would not bother with a screenshot LP that would require me to click on every image separately to expand (especially since they are not huge or anything) in order to be able to read it.

Fair enough, I'll just put the images normally.

Any other criticisms that come to mind?

EDIT: Here's an updated version.

Sex Beef 2.0 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 2, 2012

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

cat doter posted:

Framerate doesn't really have anything to do with resolution, they're kinda distinct from one another. 60fps high res footage does look great though.

But yeah, just record at 25fps. It might look a bit shuddery with some games that run at 30, but youtube will just knock the framerate down to 30 and completely throw the audio sync out of whack.

If I record at 25fps, YouTube will set it to 30 and throw the audio sync out? Or would that happen with 50fps?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

frozentreasure posted:

If I record at 25fps, YouTube will set it to 30 and throw the audio sync out? Or would that happen with 50fps?
It would happen if you exceeded 30, not if you're under. As far as I know youtube makes no effort to upscale videos.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

Any feedback would be great. Anyone have advice for uploading MIDI files? I tried converting them to MP3 but they hosed up.
From a bit back, but you can use the program Suspicious Dish posted way back in the thread when I had a similar problem:

Suspicious Dish posted:

And here you go:

http://magcius.mecheye.net/random/midi2wav.exe

Just download that, drag a bunch of MIDI files over it, and it should start emitting WAV files. Use something like Handbrake or WinFF to turn that into an MP3 of manageable size.

( Since this is a modification of a GPL program, I'm required to share my source: http://magcius.mecheye.net/random/Midi2WavRender.java )
The program uses the default Windows MIDI "instruments" for the conversion, so the WAV files sound like they do when you play the game, instead of all synthy like you described. Just convert the WAV to MP3 using your program of choice and you'll be good to go.

As far as your actual update goes, I'd say you need to tone it down on the snark. It feels like you're really reaching on some of the jokes you put in the update, as though you felt the update wouldn't be good enough unless it had enough sarcastic comments. That may just be my style talking though because I don't generally go for that in my LPs.

EDIT: Also it's only the first update and you're already having some "I didn't catch it in a screenshot, buuut..." moments. That kind of thing is acceptable if it only happens very occasionally, but if it's happening already that's probably not a good sign.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

As far as your actual update goes, I'd say you need to tone it down on the snark. It feels like you're really reaching on some of the jokes you put in the update, as though you felt the update wouldn't be good enough unless it had enough sarcastic comments. That may just be my style talking though because I don't generally go for that in my LPs.

There isn't much instructional stuff that I can talk about so the snark was most of what I could think of, but if it seems there's too much I can try toning it down.

quote:

EDIT: Also it's only the first update and you're already having some "I didn't catch it in a screenshot, buuut..." moments. That kind of thing is acceptable if it only happens very occasionally, but if it's happening already that's probably not a good sign.

Yeah, I'm going to play through the part I missed and grab a screenshot of it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

Fair enough, I'll just put the images normally.

Any other criticisms that come to mind?

EDIT: Here's an updated version.

Seems all right. I'd suggest some sort of filler portrait for generic NPCs, interspersing written names and portraits looks odd. I also think you'd probably be better off summarizing the parts of the gameplay mechanics we need to see rather than transcribing the tutorials.

I think the most recent version of the update is actually pretty low on the snark, but there were definitely some :eyeroll: moments, mostly just feeling like you haven't necessarily found a commentary style yet.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

Yeah, I'm going to play through the part I missed and grab a screenshot of it.

Honest advice: Record a video of your gameplay while you're playing. This makes it so much easier to get nice screenshots of the exact moments you want to have screenshots of.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008

PureRok posted:

Much better. Looks fine. You can losslessly compress the images to make them even smaller using PNGGauntlet. You can also save most of them probably as an 8-bit PNG (with dithering if you want) to cut the file sizes in half. Like so:

See, they look more or less identical and the 8-bit version is half the size. You don't have to; what you have is plenty fine. I just like squeezing as much out of images as possible, especially if there will be a lot on one page.

Thanks! This is really helpful for saving some filesize on animations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Not an interest check, but a serious question about order, I guess. I am planning on doing a let's play of the Sherlock Holmes Collection (basically, 6 adventure games that were released individually, then released this year in one collection.) Now, they're all fun, but it is incredibly obvious that the technology between them has advanced, with the latest one being a lot more advanced and interesting than teh first. My question is, do I go in chronilogical order, starting with the least advanced? Or, to keep readers interest, go with what I feel is the most interesting one (Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, or Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (VS Cthlulhu cult) to get interests at first, then go back to the less advanced, or should I do it in some random order depending what strikes my fancy?

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
With the suggestions of everyone in mind, here's the hopefully final version of the first update.

I think from here I'll be making a thread unless anyone has any really major problems. Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions.

Masamushia
Dec 3, 2012
What is Project .hack//?
Project .hack was the first of two projects, launched in 2002 with a PS2 game, .hack//Infection and an anime series, .hack//Sign. These two are related to one another not by story, but by the characters used throughout both. Since the spawn of the first game and anime, it exploded into novels, mangas, more anime and even a second set of games. The four original games are .hack//infection - .hack//mutation - .hack//outbreak - .hack//quarantine.

So what is .hack//INFECTION?
Like all the .hack// games, Infection is portrayed as a game within a game; the game being called "The World", a fictional MMORPG. Do not be fooled though, as this is an offline MMORPG, no internet connection required. It's also one of the games that feature real-time fighting, similar to that of Kingdom Hearts, no turn based combat here!

What will you be showing off?
This will be a 100% play through of the game, skipping all the repetitive factors of a typical RPG to essentially stream line the story.

Content:
Chapter 1 - Welcome to "The World."
http://youtu.be/4CKfp2M-QdA
Chapter 2 - Enter BlackRose
http://youtu.be/oyW-3yohE-I
Chapter 3 - Aura: A Protected Area
http://youtu.be/hUZPh39j6yc

While I do have have three parts, the third is probably would be best to check when it comes to the whole LP Testing thing. The first 2 are very cutscene heavy. I'm curious as to whether or not this style would work or not, I've edited out quite a large chunk of the redundant crap.

Masamushia fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 3, 2012

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

My question is, do I go in chronilogical order, starting with the least advanced? Or, to keep readers interest, go with what I feel is the most interesting one (Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, or Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (VS Cthlulhu cult) to get interests at first, then go back to the less advanced, or should I do it in some random order depending what strikes my fancy?

If it was up to me, I'd start with the least interesting and work my way up to the most interesting-- and by interesting, I don't necessarily mean technologically advanced. This is the series that has creepy teleporting Watson in at least one scene, right? And I'm sure there are other amusing tricks and bugs that you could show off, probably more of them in the earlier games than the later ones.

I don't know if the in-universe chronological order is the same as the order in which the games were released; if it isn't, then maybe present the games in the order in which they take place.

Ultimately, though, you should do whatever you think will keep you interested in the LP. Six games will mean a lot of work, even if they are fairly short games individually.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Masamushia posted:

Content:
Chapter 1 - Welcome to "The World."
http://youtu.be/4CKfp2M-QdA
Chapter 2 - Enter BlackRose
http://youtu.be/oyW-3yohE-I
Chapter 3 - Aura: A Protected Area
http://youtu.be/hUZPh39j6yc
A word of warning, new guy: .hack is a pretty arduous game and series to LP, its story is split between many games, several OVAs, volumes of manga and, to a smaller extent, a full-length anime. It is not just a game series but a nigh-undecipherable multimedia franchise. Multiple attempts to LP it have been made in the past, but they all ultimately died out.

So keep it in mind and try to pace yourself, avoiding burnout should be a big priority here if you have any intention to LP past the first game. That said, this is the first time I've seen this particular game done in video format, and this looks ok to me as long as you seriously cut down on on the grindy stuff like you mentioned, so I'll probably check this out.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

RoeCocoa posted:

If it was up to me, I'd start with the least interesting and work my way up to the most interesting-- and by interesting, I don't necessarily mean technologically advanced. This is the series that has creepy teleporting Watson in at least one scene, right? And I'm sure there are other amusing tricks and bugs that you could show off, probably more of them in the earlier games than the later ones.

I don't know if the in-universe chronological order is the same as the order in which the games were released; if it isn't, then maybe present the games in the order in which they take place.

Ultimately, though, you should do whatever you think will keep you interested in the LP. Six games will mean a lot of work, even if they are fairly short games individually.

I can vouch that creepy teleporting Watson shows up during the Cthulhu game at the very least.

Something I remember from my English classes is that the audience always remembers the first and last part of any work the best. As such, my recommendation is that you bookend your megathread with the two best games--leave whichever one you think might drive up anticipation for last and place the second-best in front.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I can vouch that creepy teleporting Watson shows up during the Cthulhu game at the very least.

Something I remember from my English classes is that the audience always remembers the first and last part of any work the best. As such, my recommendation is that you bookend your megathread with the two best games--leave whichever one you think might drive up anticipation for last and place the second-best in front.

That's a fairly good idea. Since the games are updated re-releases they may have fixed nightcrawler Watson. I know for certain Jack the Ripper doesn't have it. I think I may start off with the Arsene Lupin game and give project Gutenberg links when appropriate

Masamushia
Dec 3, 2012

JT Jag posted:

A word of warning, new guy: .hack is a pretty arduous game and series to LP, its story is split between many games, several OVAs, volumes of manga and, to a smaller extent, a full-length anime. It is not just a game series but a nigh-undecipherable multimedia franchise. Multiple attempts to LP it have been made in the past, but they all ultimately died out.

So keep it in mind and try to pace yourself, avoiding burnout should be a big priority here if you have any intention to LP past the first game. That said, this is the first time I've seen this particular game done in video format, and this looks ok to me as long as you seriously cut down on on the grindy stuff like you mentioned, so I'll probably check this out.

Indeed it is, I love pretty much everything .hack//. So long as the interest is there, I'll finish the entire series, maybe even the G.U. series as well, who knows. This is easily one of my favorite game series though, so I don't plan on just abandoning the project. Though I should probably do a little research on the Mangas to see how they differ from the anime/game lore. Thank you for your input and I hope you enjoy it!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Masamushia posted:

Indeed it is, I love pretty much everything .hack//. So long as the interest is there, I'll finish the entire series, maybe even the G.U. series as well, who knows. This is easily one of my favorite game series though, so I don't plan on just abandoning the project. Though I should probably do a little research on the Mangas to see how they differ from the anime/game lore. Thank you for your input and I hope you enjoy it!
A couple of comments regarding your videos though; now visually it looks fine and audibly you are fine. You don't really fall into any bad commentary issues (minus the unironic use "Do a barrel roll"). The problem becomes the actual format for me. The first 20+ minute video is talking, cutscenes, and tutorial without any real game play. The next 11 minute video is even more talking and cutscenes with no real game play. Finally in the third video you get to game play and suddenly it's skipping around a bunch of stuff, making vague allusions to things going on, and skipping as quickly as possible to get to more cutscenes and talking. What do most of these items do that you are picking up? Which enemy is which? You mention getting poisoned, does it do the normal effects of poison (like damage over time) or does it do something else? What was that thing you touched that made a rod and spinning sword above your head? The game briefly goes over the words creating the randomized fields and dungeons, but do you explain it anymore or do you just fade-in to show us fighting in one for the rest of the game? You really seem to be skipping a large portion of explaining game mechanics in favor of just speeding through dungeons as quickly as possible so the viewer can just sit and watch more cutscenes, which seems massively dull to me. I really still do not understand why someone would want to do the .Hack series as video over screenshot if 80% of what they're going to show is cutscene.

Masamushia
Dec 3, 2012

Niggurath posted:

A couple of comments regarding your videos though; now visually it looks fine and audibly you are fine. You don't really fall into any bad commentary issues (minus the unironic use "Do a barrel roll"). The problem becomes the actual format for me. The first 20+ minute video is talking, cutscenes, and tutorial without any real game play. The next 11 minute video is even more talking and cutscenes with no real game play. Finally in the third video you get to game play and suddenly it's skipping around a bunch of stuff, making vague allusions to things going on, and skipping as quickly as possible to get to more cutscenes and talking. What do most of these items do that you are picking up? Which enemy is which? You mention getting poisoned, does it do the normal effects of poison (like damage over time) or does it do something else? What was that thing you touched that made a rod and spinning sword above your head? The game briefly goes over the words creating the randomized fields and dungeons, but do you explain it anymore or do you just fade-in to show us fighting in one for the rest of the game? You really seem to be skipping a large portion of explaining game mechanics in favor of just speeding through dungeons as quickly as possible so the viewer can just sit and watch more cutscenes, which seems massively dull to me. I really still do not understand why someone would want to do the .Hack series as video over screenshot if 80% of what they're going to show is cutscene.

Firstly, thank you so much for your input. I definitely see what you mean, I'll take a different approach on the explaining mechanics, items and buffs. That's always the biggest oversight is thinking in the perspective of someone who has never even touched the series, it's a nasty habit of mine I've been trying to break. As for the speeding through things, it was more an experiment than anything, I wasn't sure how much to show/not show. The only reason I cut through things the way I did was because majority of the fights are pretty repetitive through the zone. I think I'm going to just abandon that whole thing and just plow through the dungeons taking the most direct route to the goal. You're right, doing a VLP just to get to cutscenes is not the way to go.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Masamushia posted:

Firstly, thank you so much for your input. I definitely see what you mean, I'll take a different approach on the explaining mechanics, items and buffs. That's always the biggest oversight is thinking in the perspective of someone who has never even touched the series, it's a nasty habit of mine I've been trying to break. As for the speeding through things, it was more an experiment than anything, I wasn't sure how much to show/not show. The only reason I cut through things the way I did was because majority of the fights are pretty repetitive through the zone. I think I'm going to just abandon that whole thing and just plow through the dungeons taking the most direct route to the goal. You're right, doing a VLP just to get to cutscenes is not the way to go.

There are a few options you could take to get around the issues raised by the extremely procedurally generated zones/dungeons in the .hack series. The first thing you should probably do is to play through a full dungeon--not just the tutorial, but the first real dungeon--straight, without any gimmicks or editing. Just you, the main character, and the central gameplay that .hack has to offer. Doing this basically explains to the audience why you'll be skipping over so much in the future and shows us exactly what we'd be missing (and why we shouldn't miss it).

That done, there are a few ways to handle future dungeons. First, bonus dungeons and sidequests should probably be cut out entirely unless they have some unique content; the first time you encounter a new biome, for instance. Second, every time you encounter a new item (that isn't a flat upgrade to something you've already got), you should spend a moment to explain exactly what it is and why it's important or unimportant. Take some time to show off the skills and spells you acquire, too, and use more party members than you would normally, just to give them some time to show off. Finally, you should slow down when you get to plot dungeons, show more than usual of the game to provide an appropriate level of buildup. Even still, jumping straight from plot floor to plot floor probably won't leave out too much of what these games have to offer.

One alternate option would be getting a co-commentator to help pass the time. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have a ready-made companion, though, since you'll need to know if you work well together ahead of time, otherwise you'll wind up dragging each other down.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

That's a fairly good idea. Since the games are updated re-releases they may have fixed nightcrawler Watson. I know for certain Jack the Ripper doesn't have it. I think I may start off with the Arsene Lupin game and give project Gutenberg links when appropriate

Yes they did fix Watson, the rereleases use the Jack the Ripper engine.

Dithiannim
Nov 8, 2012

There are a few options you could take to get around the issues raised by the extremely procedurally generated zones/dungeons in the .hack series. The first thing you should probably do is to play through a full dungeon--not just the tutorial, but the first real dungeon--straight, without any gimmicks or editing. Just you, the main character, and the central gameplay that .hack has to offer. Doing this basically explains to the audience why you'll be skipping over so much in the future and shows us exactly what we'd be missing (and why we shouldn't miss it).

That done, there are a few ways to handle future dungeons. First, bonus dungeons and sidequests should probably be cut out entirely unless they have some unique content; the first time you encounter a new biome, for instance. Second, every time you encounter a new item (that isn't a flat upgrade to something you've already got), you should spend a moment to explain exactly what it is and why it's important or unimportant. Take some time to show off the skills and spells you acquire, too, and use more party members than you would normally, just to give them some time to show off. Finally, you should slow down when you get to plot dungeons, show more than usual of the game to provide an appropriate level of buildup. Even still, jumping straight from plot floor to plot floor probably won't leave out too much of what these games have to offer.

One alternate option would be getting a co-commentator to help pass the time. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have a ready-made companion, though, since you'll need to know if you work well together ahead of time, otherwise you'll wind up dragging each other down.

Thanks, this feedback helps me as well.
Here is the stuff of .hack//G.U. I've done already, could you take a look?
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ang_wD7Ptj4
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUfHdEENWSY
Thank you.

Dithiannim fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 3, 2012

Masamushia
Dec 3, 2012

Oh, that's brilliant! Thank you for these tips. The unedited first dungeon would give plenty of time to gloss over mechanics as well. As for items, I was thinking of just keeping track of it on the side and adding the items we found in this segment in the description/thread mainly due to the fact that there are hundreds of useless items not really worth discussing. I will definitely do a lot of this though, I think I'm going to redo the series and see how it goes from there.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Paper Covers Rock…N’ Roll! Let’s Play Um Jammer Lammy! [sub-VLP]

Um Jammer Lammy is the follow-up to the genre-defining rhythm game, PaRappa the Rapper. Three years of successful PaRappa sales gave developer NanaOn-Sha a bigger budget, which allowed for major improvements over the first game, such as Co-Op and Versus modes, more detailed worlds, and song remixes. As with the original, the music was written by game designer and pop star Masaya Matsuura and the paper-thin art was drawn by American artist Rodney A. Greenblatt.
The gameplay has not changed much, but the genre has. Leaving PaRappa and his rap behind, the story follows Lammy, a teenage lamb with confidence issues and mean guitar skills, as she races to her band’s first live gig…having woken up only 15 minutes before her set.

I also have Characters and Inventory description sections, but I'm not sure whether they should go before or after the video listing, or in the second post?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Masamushia posted:

What is Project .hack//?

Well video quality is fine, so is audio quality. That said however, .Hack isn't really a game that's fun to watch. A lot of story is spread through e-mails and message boards, most battles usually play out the same, most dungeons aren't that pretty to look out.

Might be better as a screenshot LP? If you really want to do a video I gotta agree with you getting a co-commentator.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

RJWaters2 posted:

Hey, glad you're doing this! First of all, I really like the post-level stuff you have covered. You prove to be very informative by getting into great detail on stuff like the basic gameplay, the rankings and how to achieve and maintain Cool Mode.

I honestly can't wait for this thread to go live!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

RJWaters2 posted:

Video select is a tad big, but otherwise, I had no issues with it.

Glad to see you doing the whole series, and was a bit curious when this one would go up!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Dithiannim posted:

Thanks, this feedback helps me as well.
Here is the stuff of .hack//G.U. I've done already, could you take a look?
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ang_wD7Ptj4
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUfHdEENWSY
Thank you.

The first thing is that your videos could stand to be much shorter. The first one, for instance, could be cut just before entering the dungeon, and the second one could be divided just after the dungeon ends. Second, if you're going to interject between dialogue, you should either take it slower so you have time to say the whole thing or else say nothing at all; getting half of a sentence out just isn't quite enough. And don't be afraid to do retakes if you don't manage it the first time; you can place the retake in a separate channel to avoid desyncing your audio. I won't comment one way or the other as to whether .hack should be video or screenshots.

VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'
So I see there is a rule against recycling Let's Plays. I am currently doing a blind LP of Bioshock. Only place that I've ever posted for feedback before was on the LP subreddit but I have a feeling that I'd get a lot more feedback here.

Would posting my LP be violating that rule?

Playlist

From a technical standpoint, the quality is good except for the first episode where I screwed up the colorspace. I'm currently more focused on improving content quality.

Will of course do a test post beforehand as well.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Of course.

Zannosuke
Sep 10, 2010
Hey guys, I'm back with this rerecorded version of Let's Play Ape Escape. Link here.
Man, that took too long.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

RJWaters2 posted:

Yeesss! Oh, so many wasted afternoons in high school...

Looks drat good. I do have to wonder if the Cool section of the video might get kinda boring, because unlike PaRappa there's no weird lyric combo to keep it interesting. I'm not sure though; just a concern. Also I assume you'll show off the remixed stages?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
I, too, am looking forward to Um Jammer Lammy. Didn't find anything wrong with the video, you're covering it in the same way as the Parappa LP and that has me pretty excited to see the whole thing.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

VivaVizer posted:

Would posting my LP be violating that rule?

Yes. The point of the rule, besides weeding out poo poo dumps, is what good would any criticism do? You are already halfway through the game, so what would you go and redo the entire thing from the beginning? Also a blind lp of Bioshock of all games is not a good idea. It's a game that benefits from the the lper knowing some poo poo about it.

VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'

Brainamp posted:

Yes. The point of the rule, besides weeding out poo poo dumps, is what good would any criticism do? You are already halfway through the game, so what would you go and redo the entire thing from the beginning? Also a blind lp of Bioshock of all games is not a good idea. It's a game that benefits from the the lper knowing some poo poo about it.

Why would I redo the whole thing? Just need to keep making changes going forward. No reason to keep doing videos the same way.

Though, why would Bioshock be a bad game to blind LP? If anything, I thought it being horror with jump scares and somewhat hard to predict story would make it a good game to LP.

However, if it violates the rule, no biggie. I'll just asking my questions here then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

VivaVizer posted:

Though, why would Bioshock be a bad game to blind LP? If anything, I thought it being horror with jump scares and somewhat hard to predict story would make it a good game to LP.

Well, that's the thing. I feel this whole jumpscare kind of deal that the YouTube 'Superstar' dumpster trash LPers do all the time is really getting played out. Unless you are a really funny guy with an awesome, unique idea that'll make this kind of video a worthy watch, I really don't this is cut for SA.

Sorry man :(

• Locked thread