Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Kikas posted:

Hero's Pass has one of the best songs in the game imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQ2hPxLKgU The area itself isn't so bad, I like a lot of the little touches there, like pottys for Hyperion personel and that bigass dropship with the Badass Constructor at the end.

Related videos took me to Moxxi's masturbation room :dong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

:psyduck:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

It's all in the red text you know.
My was 137x1 damage. At level 50.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

(The answer is yes.)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think mine glitched and it says something like 1000 damage on top of the 3000% or something. It fires like a shotgun, a spread of like 7 shots in a circle. Using it on my anarchy mechro is hilarious and has trivialized most of the game. No weapon I've gotten so far out damages it, I can shoot down badass constructors in like 4 shots at anarchy 200+

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I love that gun, it's totally random in what it does every time you get it. The stats it displays are meaningless and bear no semblance to the reality of the gun except for the love part.

Mine crits for over a million but has dinky little grenade bullets that just dance bounce forward.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Is there a decent basic guide to the game? I'm looking for things like what type of elemental damage is most effective against what and explanations for things like amp shields. I've found out a lot, but can't help think I'm missing things.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I somehow still haven't been downed doing the challenge, so I'm wondering if I maybe need some sort of additional restriction to keep me from getting overleveled, since that's probably making it easier than it should be. If I kept myself from doing any sidequests at all I would probably end up comparatively underleveled, so I need to find something in between to balance it out. Pretty soon the game will be expecting me to use blues and purples though, so maybe it will change.
This White Pandora challenge is incredible. I may give it a run myself.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Is there a decent basic guide to the game? I'm looking for things like what type of elemental damage is most effective against what and explanations for things like amp shields. I've found out a lot, but can't help think I'm missing things.

Explosive: anything
Shock: Shielded and cloaked enemies
Fire: Bandits
Corrosive: Armored enemies (yellow health bars, also take less damage from neutral sources). AKA loaders and vehicles.
Slag: Anything without slag resistance. But you won't see the full effect unless you attack with a non slag gun.

Amp shields boost your gun's power at full shields in exchange for a bit of your shield. (The Bee excluded)

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Toffile posted:

Corrosive: Armored enemies (yellow health bars, also take less damage from neutral sources). AKA loaders and vehicles.
Slag: Anything without slag resistance. But you won't see the full effect unless you attack with a non slag gun.

Amp shields boost your gun's power at full shields in exchange for a bit of your shield. (The Bee excluded)

In addition to busting up shields real good, Shock is also an "Anything without resistance" weapon. The Electrocute chance just makes it straight up better than using a non-elemental weapon of equal damage, unless you have skill modifiers boosting your non-elemental.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Hacking my character data to have a larger than max inventory size is the best thing I've ever done. I can't believe they made it less than BL1 !

Really enjoying the DLC so far, just finished the Pirate DLC with my friends in co-op and started Torgue DLC, SNAP IT TO A SLIM JIM, OH YEAAAAAAH.

I thought Shade was hilarious, Mr. Torgue is like the best character ever.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Toffile posted:

This is all true, but I find it easier to match the colors of the bars over enemies to the gun type.

See a red bar? use fire.
See a blue bar? Use shock
See a yellow bar? Use acid

For any of the above, if the enemy isn't glowing purple, use slag until it is glowing purple, then use the appropriate element.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Don't even bother with slag weapons if you are playing by yourself. Slag grenades are good and stuff that slags for you like Siren Scorn or Axton's turret but the time spent switching from a slag weapon to an elemental weapon makes things a chore, even in TVHM.

Generally speaking, Shock is the best general purpose damage type because it has no weakness. It can strip shields extremely quickly (3x damage!) so it makes for a great lead off gun, far better than slag.

Incendiary weapons drop off in TVHM due to how almost all the 'tough' enemies are armoured. Corrosive is going to be invaluable.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Also, the game claims that nothing resists explosive, but that's not strictly true. I think Threshers do, for example. It's still a short list.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Threshers I'm pretty sure the ones who pull you towards them are trained to do so only when I've primed a grenade. Assholes.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Aenslaed posted:

Don't even bother with slag weapons if you are playing by yourself. Slag grenades are good and stuff that slags for you like Siren Scorn or Axton's turret but the time spent switching from a slag weapon to an elemental weapon makes things a chore, even in TVHM.

Or play a gunzerker and use an offhand slag weapon. :black101:

I finally got round to the DLCs recently and I have to say some of the music is fantastic. Hayter's Folly is probably my favourite music in the game so far.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

Also, the game claims that nothing resists explosive, but that's not strictly true. I think Threshers do, for example. It's still a short list.

I don't know if Threshers do, but Oney and Pimon do have explosive resistance. And I don't know of any non-unique enemy that does.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

My favourite gun in the universe. :neckbeard:

It's so beautifully down to earth. No scope, no gimmicks, just hard wood, some iron and 20k head shots. I haven't specced into the lowest sniper Zer0 traits yet (splashed some points into the middle tree for reload/weapon swap speed buffs), but this thing is seriously making me want to dump all my points into sharpshooting abilities and headshot everyone in the universe. It just feels so right.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Is Blue the Fuckoff Crystalisk bugged in TVHM? I can blow his legs off and get him to a sliver of health, but the big pile of poo poo just doesn't loving die.

For that matter, is there a decent strategy for dealing with regular crystalisks in the second go through? Attacking their legs in melee worked in regular mode, but this time they seem just shy of indestructible.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

My favourite gun in the universe. :neckbeard:

It's so beautifully down to earth. No scope, no gimmicks, just hard wood, some iron and 20k head shots. I haven't specced into the lowest sniper Zer0 traits yet (splashed some points into the middle tree for reload/weapon swap speed buffs), but this thing is seriously making me want to dump all my points into sharpshooting abilities and headshot everyone in the universe. It just feels so right.

Hell yes. This beauty was my opening weapon from 20-35.
Single handedly got 80% of the sniper rifle challenges with it.

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

Is Blue the Fuckoff Crystalisk bugged in TVHM? I can blow his legs off and get him to a sliver of health, but the big pile of poo poo just doesn't loving die.

For that matter, is there a decent strategy for dealing with regular crystalisks in the second go through? Attacking their legs in melee worked in regular mode, but this time they seem just shy of indestructible.

I had the same issue with blue playing with a group of friends. Once he gets low he heals himself back to full. This was with level 50 purple items on everyone, using cooldowns and rocket launchers we still couldn't kill him before he would heal.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

happyhippy posted:

Just respecced into "full" sniper and I think I'm finally playing Zer0 as it was meant to be.

:byodood: IT'S A DEC-*death*

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Bieeardo posted:

I found my explosive shotgun was not too bad against the regular guys in TVHM. A few shots to each foot was enough to put them out of commission.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Aenslaed posted:

Incendiary weapons drop off in TVHM due to how almost all the 'tough' enemies are armoured. Corrosive is going to be invaluable.
Yeah, but if enemies have no armor you deal 2.5x damage to them. This showed it's teeth in Captain Scarletts DLC, where there are really few armored enemies. I just blazed through with my Plasma Caster.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Bieeardo posted:

They recently just buffed crystalisks to where if you're not Zero or carrying a weapon with +melee damage you can't just one shot their legs anymore so that may be why it's not working for you. As for strategy any gun that fires X2 or X3 just tears them to shreds without even aiming.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Carnalfex posted:

I had the same issue with blue playing with a group of friends. Once he gets low he heals himself back to full. This was with level 50 purple items on everyone, using cooldowns and rocket launchers we still couldn't kill him before he would heal.

Wasn't when I did it, we murdered him only slightly slower than in PL1.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

theshim posted:

This White Pandora challenge is incredible. I may give it a run myself.

Doing it coop could be pretty entertaining, although it may simply scale the enemies up too much to be worth the trouble. Having multiple people will also increase the amount of rare items spawned, but there are always vending machines, I suppose.

Steam is Gestalt Intellect if anyone's interested.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the crystalisk advice, I didn't realize they'd buffed the buggers. I guess I'll skip Marcus's safe this time. A little frustrating, but no biggie in the end.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Torgue shotguns still rape them sideways. One hit per leg and you've got a dead crystal.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Have you always been able to turn on PhysX on an ATI card? I just noticed the option today.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

happyhippy posted:

I love the Buffalo. It sucks that there's only the one. I just feel so drat cool, snapping off headshots with the unscoped sniper. The Buffalo was a blue unique in BL1 too, wasn't it? I remember it not being as impressive, and the zoom was even worse so it was pretty tough to use.

(Edit: It was Whitting's Elephant Gun. And it was actually pretty good.)

Is it possible to roll a Tumtum Buffalo? Gimme that +180% crit damage. That would be the best rifle.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 5, 2012

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Mr E posted:

Have you always been able to turn on PhysX on an ATI card? I just noticed the option today.

You can turn the fancy PhysX on, but it doesn't run on your card, only on your CPU. Don't expect it to work. Even medium will pretty drat well kill a processor far above what a gaming PC needs.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bieeardo posted:

Thanks for the crystalisk advice, I didn't realize they'd buffed the buggers. I guess I'll skip Marcus's safe this time. A little frustrating, but no biggie in the end.

I would contest that Moxxi's shotgun is well worth it, it's a ludicrously powerful weapon.

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012
I like both her good and bad touch.. how do you get her shotgun?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Tiger.Bomb posted:

I like both her good and bad touch.. how do you get her shotgun?

It's a quest reward. Just complete the Safe and Sound quest and turn in to Moxxi instead of Marcus. She gives you this:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_Breaker

While Marcus gives you this:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Lucrative_Opportunity

It's pretty clear which is better.

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012

Abandoned Toaster posted:

It's a quest reward. Just complete the Safe and Sound quest and turn in to Moxxi instead of Marcus. She gives you this:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Heart_Breaker

While Marcus gives you this:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Lucrative_Opportunity

It's pretty clear which is better.

Ah yes I had that. I didn't like. After the bee nerf is it still any good?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Male Man posted:

You can turn the fancy PhysX on, but it doesn't run on your card, only on your CPU. Don't expect it to work. Even medium will pretty drat well kill a processor far above what a gaming PC needs.

To give you an idea, my i5 overclocked to 4.5Ghz runs fine on medium PhysX but starts dropping frames like crazy as soon as there's an explosion on high. CPU emulation of PhysX is not great.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Tiger.Bomb posted:

Ah yes I had that. I didn't like. After the bee nerf is it still any good?

Yes, but you can't kill Teramorphus by emptying half of your shotgun shell reserve via Moxxie's shotgun to its eyes anymore. Things in playthrough 2+ still have too many hitpoints.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
I just got back to playing this game and got the couple new content DLCs. How hard are the new raid bosses on those DLCs? Gearbox had definitely done some things to Terra because he was kicking my commandos rear end all over. I did finally get it done with nerfed Bee and nothing but that L-something smg (the big burst one from Frostburn Caverns).

Are the new ones soloable on a commando with no interest in farming CC and whatever else? I read they're raising level cap on next DLC so no way I wanna spend time farming anything like that at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EddieDean
Nov 17, 2009
E: Nvm.

EddieDean fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 5, 2012

• Locked thread