Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I am so tired of the Jack Reacher commercial and that loving song in the ad. The one guy just rattles off the cliched agencies a hero needs to be a part of in an action movie "You betta watch it! The guy was part of FBI, CIA, BLACK OPS, Seal team 345, CBS, NBC, Super Secret Super Agent Club, Evolution Revolution, Banana Splits"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

SpacePig posted:

I swear to god that the first time I saw the first of those commercials, the one in the meeting room or whatever, the graph wasn't labelled in any way, and it was just "which of these bars is bigger".

I thought I was going crazy, but I think you're right. I was going to point out the lack of labels to somebody a while back and then there they were.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
the boys are back in town the boys are back in town the boys are back in town the boys are back in town

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
I wanna say chiles? or applebees? Smug chef flipping beer bottles while he cooks with Jason Sudeikis(?) doing voice over. Fuuuuuuck you. Plus his stupid little face at the end.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I hate that loving AT&T U-verse commerical with the little girl lecturing her little sister and her friends about how "easy" they had it in regards to their TV watching.

"..and if Dad was snoring on the couch, WE muscled through it."

I know it's wrong to hate little girls, but I do. I hate that little girl.

Also the person behind that Kay Jewler's commercial with the Mistletoe company CEO who is running a meeting and says "Mistletoe sales are at an all time low, yet kissing is at an all-time high! I WANT ANSWERS!" can go to the darkest level of Hell.

404GoonNotFound posted:

I really want to hate the AT&T children focus groups ads... but I just can't.

"Well if you're firing lasers from one eye it's kinda cool, but if it's both eyes you're all like FWOOSH and then you blow something up."
:3:

I actually love those commercials. Unscripted kids are awesome.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 7, 2012

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Retail Slave posted:

Also the person behind that Kay Jewler's commercial...

You needn't say more than that. Jewelry commercials are always the worst

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Retail Slave posted:

I actually love those commercials. Unscripted kids are awesome.

I chuckle every time the guy is straight face saying "That's a pain in the buns". Something about the innocence makes me :3:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Pretty much any and all dating website advertisements.

Zoosk, Christian Mingle, JDate, Cougar Life (UGH), I think there was one that was specifically targeted towards black people as well, but I don't remember the name.

They all reek of "Hey you watching the TV why aren't you married? You shouldn't be alone join our site and pay money so we can "Match" you up with random people, who knows maybe they'll be "The one", Join now! Look at this happy couple we in no way didn't pull off the street and pay to say good things about us. JOIN NOW! JOIN NOW!"

Any and all Jamster commercials can go gently caress off too. I don't want to see a lovely looking CGI Gummy Bear dancing Gangam Style, I especially don't want you to call it cute when it looks like a loving middle-aged man in a green bear costume (Complete with stubble and grungy briefs.), I especially don't want to see it on the supposed to be ad-free Boomerang. Can I just watch my retro cartoons without being reminded that stupid things like this exist?

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Pretty much any and all dating website advertisements.

Zoosk, Christian Mingle, JDate, Cougar Life (UGH), I think there was one that was specifically targeted towards black people as well, but I don't remember the name.

They all reek of "Hey you watching the TV why aren't you married? You shouldn't be alone join our site and pay money so we can "Match" you up with random people, who knows maybe they'll be "The one", Join now! Look at this happy couple we in no way didn't pull off the street and pay to say good things about us. JOIN NOW! JOIN NOW!"

Any and all Jamster commercials can go gently caress off too. I don't want to see a lovely looking CGI Gummy Bear dancing Gangam Style, I especially don't want you to call it cute when it looks like a loving middle-aged man in a green bear costume (Complete with stubble and grungy briefs.), I especially don't want to see it on the supposed to be ad-free Boomerang. Can I just watch my retro cartoons without being reminded that stupid things like this exist?

I think "black people meet" is the one your thinking of.

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN
That SodaStream commercial. It's not even really annoying, I just find something wrong with the term "Fresh Soda".

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.
Kay jewelers. little girl gets necklace from new stepfather. creepiest thing ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo1DEdRn-JI

Can't find a better version.

Magnatux fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 8, 2012

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh yeah, I saw that one yesterday during It's Always Sunny.

"It's just like yours, mom!"

That's some serial killer-esque stuff. Yeesh.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

deadicons posted:

I think "black people meet" is the one your thinking of.

Wow, really?

How unoriginal.

But seriously, there's no need for all these dating sites, all they do is encourage terrible commercials to pop up on TV.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=trueview-instream&v=0-JgJGU5wXo

just had this come up while trying to watch a music video.

The soundtrack to 28 weeks later really doesn't seems to be a confusing choice for a Louis Vutton ad.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'm really at a loss as to why Jamster is still in existance. I recall cringing when their ads first starting airing back in 2005, pre-smart phone era. Kind of in a "Why the hell would someone spend money on such a poo poo ringtone" sort of way, and then they had ads for "Text 34566 to see if your boyfriend is right for you, or your daily horoscope" sort of garbage.

In the world of iphones and androids, their customer base should be down to exactly zero people, yet I still see ads. My only other explanation is that there's some really dumb 12 years old that must still download this stuff.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Gonz posted:

Oh yeah, I saw that one yesterday during It's Always Sunny.

"It's just like yours, mom!"

That's some serial killer-esque stuff. Yeesh.
Serial killer? He's clearly a pedophile. Get with it, man.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Doctor Butts posted:

I am so tired of the Jack Reacher commercial and that loving song in the ad. The one guy just rattles off the cliched agencies a hero needs to be a part of in an action movie "You betta watch it! The guy was part of FBI, CIA, BLACK OPS, Seal team 345, CBS, NBC, Super Secret Super Agent Club, Evolution Revolution, Banana Splits"

The books are a fun read but my girlfriend and I can't stop laughing that they seriously cast Tom Cruise as this dude who is supposed to be a tall, muscular giant. Dude's not exactly a spy, he just beats the poo poo out of people, but nope, let's get Tom Cruise.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

gently caress you direct tv full dvr ads. gently caress you really bad

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This kid is overvaluing the concept of the Fathead by an absurd margin.

It's a huge decal. It goes on your wall. Yet he acts like his parents invited God over to his house and God brought all his dead pets back to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXMnGdPobx8

Really? All that emotion and reaction for a goddamn GRAVE DIGGER wall decal? This family sucks.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FuzzySkinner posted:

In the world of iphones and androids, their customer base should be down to exactly zero people, yet I still see ads. My only other explanation is that there's some really dumb 12 years old that must still download this stuff.

Never underestimate the stupidity of teenagers with access to their parents' credit cards.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Gonz posted:

It's a huge decal. It goes on your wall. Yet he acts like his parents invited God over to his house and God brought all his dead pets back to life.

Really? All that emotion and reaction for a goddamn GRAVE DIGGER wall decal? This family sucks.

I would have acted like that when I was 11.

That Grave Digger Fathead cost $100. A birthday gift for me when I was 11 was like $20. $100 was the combined value of all my Christmas gifts.

If 10 year old me came home to see this: http://www.fathead.com/military/vehicles/f-16-fighting-falcon/?src=browse on my wall, I'd have pissed myself in joy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I dunno. If you're 11 years old, I suppose it's cool, but to have family members on speakerphone, and your mother choking back tears of joy while she's filming your response?

It's just all so melodramatic for such an underwhelming surprise.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
"I got him a John Cena fathead. I put it on his ceiling right above his bed so that it'll spend every single night, staring him down."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think their business model is 90% people pranking their friends by signing them up for it when they use the can and leave their phone lying on the table, and 10% stupid 12-year olds with babby's first cell phone.

Floorgazer
May 7, 2007

Gonz posted:

I dunno. If you're 11 years old, I suppose it's cool, but to have family members on speakerphone, and your mother choking back tears of joy while she's filming your response?

It's just all so melodramatic for such an underwhelming surprise.

I agree. Just saw that ad for the first time yesterday, and they spend a full 40 seconds on the kid before they pan over to the Fathead decal. I thought it was a Make-a-Wish foundation ad for all the buildup, and Travis Pastrana was gonna be in the room or something. I definitely didn't expect it to be a Fathead ad, it's all very over the top.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Floorgazer posted:

I agree. Just saw that ad for the first time yesterday, and they spend a full 40 seconds on the kid before they pan over to the Fathead decal. I thought it was a Make-a-Wish foundation ad for all the buildup, and Travis Pastrana was gonna be in the room or something. I definitely didn't expect it to be a Fathead ad, it's all very over the top.

I seriously thought it was going to be a "look how happy this kid is on his 11th birthday... 2 weeks later he was killed by a drunk driver" type ad.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Timett posted:

I seriously thought it was going to be a "look how happy this kid is on his 11th birthday... 2 weeks later he was killed by a drunk driver GRAAAAVEEE DIGGER" type ad.

Just imagine the Grave Digger part is in the voice of the monster truck commercial guy who always hypes up the truck names.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Grave Digger dug a grave for that kid.

And then put him in the grave.

But don't worry, because before he was murdered by a monster truck, he was given free pit passes....TO HELL.

(That whole family is going to hell, since it appears that they're a family of Steeler fans)

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Magnatux posted:

Kay jewelers. little girl gets necklace from new stepfather. creepiest thing ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo1DEdRn-JI

Can't find a better version.
It's like this commercial was lifted directly from the pages of Lolita. :stonk:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Vicas posted:

"I got him a John Cena fathead. I put it on his ceiling right above his bed so that it'll spend every single night, staring him down."

goddamnit that made me laugh more than I should.

this needs to be the next photoshop contest. Awful fatheads and posters.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

this needs to be the next photoshop contest. Awful fatheads and posters.

I second this. I also suggest a contest where people edit the commercial footage to show a variety of things when the camera cuts to the wall.

For instance, footage of a Nuremberg rally/the Shockmaster tripping over the 2x4/the Hindenberg disaster/footage of arm-wrestlers snapping their arms in half/Honey Boo-Boo clips/etc;etc. This kid going apeshit over some of the worst atrocities in human history would be magnificent.

Also, this:

Gonz fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 9, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Gonz posted:

I was thinking of posting this, but forgot until I saw your post. What's funny is that this ad isn't super annoying like a lot of terrible commercials, yet I probably hate it more than most of the ads that are way more annoying. I think a lot of it is that it takes until the last five seconds for them to show what they're advertising, so you're watching a kid cry over something that, in a few years after he's past his "monster trucks are the loving poo poo" phase, he will take down and never put back up.

Also, Fatheads are way more expensive than I thought... I was thinking they were like $20 or something like that. :psyduck:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Exactly. I don't think that kid is going to want to invite his friends over to his house when he's in his late teens and brag about having Grrrrrrraaaaaave DIGGGARRR up on his wall.

Or maybe he will. Just imagine his reaction to the first naked woman he'll see in his life. I fear he'd end up like that kid in Stephen King's It who got attacked by Pennywise and it caused his hair to turn white.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

That kid is going to grow up to be a NASA astronaut and then get washed out of the program after his superiors find out he smuggled several lbs of bbq pulled pork onto the International Space Station via his flightsuit.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gonz posted:

I second this. I also suggest a contest where people edit the commercial footage to show a variety of things when the camera cuts to the wall.

I imagine a Goatse fathead would be the natural go-to for this kind of thing.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
If it wasn't for this ad, don't know what I'd hate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91XWdOq1lDI

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

raditts posted:

I imagine a Goatse fathead would be the natural go-to for this kind of thing.

If I had some money around I would be totally down to buy one of those just for pranking people.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I can't believe Fathead hasn't made a line of giant food fatheads, yet.

Imagine walking into your home every day and being greeted by a 5 by 5 foot hot dog, or a steak and eggs platter, or stewed tomatoes. Or a dill pickle.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Vicas posted:

Krispy Kreme gonna have to update his christmas list.

Also, found a new commercial that makes no loving sense to me. Its the Garmin christmas commercial. One of the scenes is some chick unwrapping it while on a camping trip. In a regular lovely dome tent, in the middle of loving winter. Who the gently caress camps in the middle of winter on loving christmas?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Doctor Butts posted:

Krispy Kreme gonna have to update his christmas list.

Also, found a new commercial that makes no loving sense to me. Its the Garmin christmas commercial. One of the scenes is some chick unwrapping it while on a camping trip. In a regular lovely dome tent, in the middle of loving winter. Who the gently caress camps in the middle of winter on loving christmas?
People who are really into camping (I know a few)? That doesn't mean the commercial isn't stupid though. Anybody that crazy about backpacking wouldn't bring the extra weight along and then have to worry about hauling out the wrapping paper :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If I hear Mozzarella-la-la-la-la-la one more time im gonna firebomb a Wendys