Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
If I have one gripe about this game it's that Jason takes fall damage like a bitch. I stumble on 4 feet of rock and he loses just a bit OVER a bar of health, meaning I need to take medicine to restore it. It doesn't loving help, either, that there's no way to initiate first-aid to save yourself a fast-acting syringe for when you need it.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morter posted:

If I have one gripe about this game it's that Jason takes fall damage like a bitch. I stumble on 4 feet of rock and he loses just a bit OVER a bar of health, meaning I need to take medicine to restore it. It doesn't loving help, either, that there's no way to initiate first-aid to save yourself a fast-acting syringe for when you need it.

:sigh:

Well no poo poo, have you seen how many times he's dislocated his thumb?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I don't know what the gently caress TESTING UNIT was supposed to be but that was by far the worst thing I've played in this game. Why was that there on the map? What was the point?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

It's some worthless mission you unlock with uPlay points. It only exists to give you money which you can already find everywhere in the game world.

quote:

What's the deal with the camera reticle turning gold sometimes and Jason making a dumb tiger noise when I take a picture?

That happens if you photograph human corpses. It's a left-over from a side mission you do that has you taking pictures of them.
Outside two side-missions the picture function of the camera is worthless and has no use.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Yodzilla posted:

I don't know what the gently caress TESTING UNIT was supposed to be but that was by far the worst thing I've played in this game. Why was that there on the map? What was the point?

That's the uplay points mission, right? I guess it's just kind of a small joke mission, which is good because it loving sucks.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Oh I completely forgot about unlocking that. Yeah I don't think they could have made a worse mission if they tried.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Bold Robot posted:

What's the deal with the camera reticle turning gold sometimes and Jason making a dumb tiger noise when I take a picture?

For that matter, are the pictures I take stored anywhere?

GUI posted:

It's some worthless mission you unlock with uPlay points. It only exists to give you money which you can already find everywhere in the game world.

That happens if you photograph human corpses. It's a left-over from a side mission you do that has you taking pictures of them.
Outside two side-missions the picture function of the camera is worthless and has no use.
I was really sad and annoyed when I discovered that taking photos with the camera doesn't take screenshots.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So, not only does it count as a victory for me if I am scouting an enemy outpost and a tiger randomly appears and kills everyone inside before I even set foot in, but I get the "never detected" bonus for it. Awesome.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, this game is purdy.

It seems like my FPS is capped at 30, though. Is there a setting or something I can edit to allow the framerate to go higher?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

Man, this game is purdy.

It seems like my FPS is capped at 30, though. Is there a setting or something I can edit to allow the framerate to go higher?

One of the two vsync options locked mine to 30, the other to the proper 60. Try looking at that? Alternatively can you get higher if you lower the settings?

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!
Anyone else having issues with animals disappearing on them?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Underwhelmed posted:

One of the two vsync options locked mine to 30, the other to the proper 60. Try looking at that? Alternatively can you get higher if you lower the settings?

That was it, thanks!

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Does anyone know of a way to get your camera back? Mine disappeared along with all my guns when I loaded, I just bought my guns back but you can't buy a camera. Wanted dead missions can be annoying without it but not impossible.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Whey! I found a place that respawns with pirates after the story mode ends.

The base you have to fight through to get to the helicopter after Vaas kicks you inte the cenote.

I've had groups of up to five pirates there so far, sometimes with hostages, other times with caged tigers. Seems to respawn when you move out of that particular map cell, but I haven't been able to quite nail down the borders yet. Even better, if you stick around or make a lot of noise, it seems reinforcements will arrive about every 30 seconds or so in ones and twos, sometimes in vehicles as well for added boom.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Captain Novolin posted:

That's the uplay points mission, right? I guess it's just kind of a small joke mission, which is good because it loving sucks.

TESTING UNIT is a quick (10 minute at most) way to make a couple thousand cash and kill a bear at least.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

junan_paalla posted:

I'm still after a savegame from the beginning of the second island, managed to lose my saves and I don't feel like playing the tutorial and unskippable cutscenes again unless the busy modders get something heavily gameplay-altering out soon.

Check your pm's.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ragingsheep posted:

If you are in Europe, you can get Far Cry 3 for 35% off with WINTR-SRVEY-42012 at Green Man Gaming.

Another code if you want the game cheap, works currently.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Baggins posted:

Whey! I found a place that respawns with pirates after the story mode ends.

I've barely cleared any outposts for fear of turning the game into this. :( Fingers crossed somebody does manage to churn out a reset mod at some point.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Not even a "reset" mod is necessary. Just something increases the chance of hostile patrols in the area once it's reclaimed would be nice.

Also, man, when you manage to get into a multiplayer game that isn't a laggy mess, it's actually kind of fun. It's too bad it's so broken.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Dec 8, 2012

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Huh. Maybe I'm late on this, but apparently the sun moves the wrong way ingame for some reason. I've never noticed it but I can see how that could be distracting and/or really really stupid.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I think "hardmode" should honestly be patched to be harder. More patrols and so on would be great.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

It's hilarious when you're meticulously scanning an outpost and trying to find the best route to take everyone out stealthily and then all of a sudden a swarm of tigers and cassowaries attack it from all directions.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there any way to holster weapons manually? On the PS3, that is.
I don't know if this works on PS3 but I have holstered weapons using this approach:

bring up your camera (default Z on pc) and then just put it down again instead of pressing on the weapon buttons (1-4 on pc). Basically just bring up your camera then put it away. This worked for me but I am not sure if it's meant to work that way.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

CJacobs posted:

Huh. Maybe I'm late on this, but apparently the sun moves the wrong way ingame for some reason. I've never noticed it but I can see how that could be distracting and/or really really stupid.

Well that's weird but I can easily see how that could get screwed up initially but then no one notices. It's a super specific and not all that obvious QA check.

Samurai Sanders posted:

So, not only does it count as a victory for me if I am scouting an enemy outpost and a tiger randomly appears and kills everyone inside before I even set foot in, but I get the "never detected" bonus for it. Awesome.

Last night I approached an outpost and sniped a dog. At that point a guard walked over to check it out so I sniped a tiger cage and let the beast rampage a bit. After he mauls three guards a rocket launcher dude shows up on a roof and takes aim at the poor tiger. I snipe him and he misfires and shoots his rocket straight into a heavy below killing him. I then only had to kill another dog that wandered out of the camp to get a perfect clear.

Shamefully the tiger was then gunned down by my rebel bros. RIP.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Now available on steam for UKgoons.

So if you were holding off, go go go.

Although it creates an annoying problem. They put the ® after "Far Cry" but before the 3 on steam. I have the first 2 far cry games. IT MESSES UP THE ORDER. And it bothers me way more than it should.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 8, 2012

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

VogeGandire posted:

Although it creates an annoying problem. They put the ® after "Far Cry" but before the 3 on steam. I have the first 2 far cry games. IT MESSES UP THE ORDER. And it bothers me way more than it should.
Ahh, so I'm not the only one OCD enough to be bothered by this.
The LEGO games are especially bad about it.

No, you don't put the sequel above the first game.
And what the gently caress LEGO Harry potter, not even following the same capitalization or title layout?
ARGH!

If Valve ever wants to hire someone just to iron out this sort of thing, I'm volunteering.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I just got to the second island and goddamn Jason Brody is a complete prick. That was a smooth break-up dude!

And yeah they built a really nice looking poke game, though after Sam leaves the table and you follow him the other two dudes just mysterious vanish. It's really weird.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

And yeah they built a really nice looking poke game, though after Sam leaves the table and you follow him the other two dudes just mysterious vanish. It's really weird.

Not just that, the Privateer who plays has the same voice and dialogue as whoever is the 3rd guy at all the other card tables

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I think "hardmode" should honestly be patched to be harder. More patrols and so on would be great.

Far Cry 3 Patch 1.1

Hard Mode modified based on player feedback

- Additional story component : Jason has soiled himself when he and his brother were captured. The stench gives out his position to all enemies further and further away as time passes, all wildlife is aggressive by default and will activily hunt him
- Cassowaries can fly
- Komodo dragons have been made more realistic and are now poisonous
- Cassowaries will often carry Komodo dragons around in their claws, dropping them on the player like bombs
- Jason has broken his right index finger, firing weapons causes damage to player

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

Metanaut posted:

Far Cry 3 Patch 1.1

Hard Mode modified based on player feedback

- Additional story component : Jason has soiled himself when he and his brother were captured. The stench gives out his position to all enemies further and further away as time passes, all wildlife is aggressive by default and will activily hunt him
- Cassowaries can fly
- Komodo dragons have been made more realistic and are now poisonous
- Cassowaries will often carry Komodo dragons around in their claws, dropping them on the player like bombs
- Jason has broken his right index finger, firing weapons causes damage to player
- Tatau will become infected if not properly rinsed and cared for.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Look what I just got working.

;-*

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
Heads up for any of you nerds using an ATI card: I got a pretty noticeable fps increase with the 12.11 beta drivers + the FarCry 3 application profile. You gotta turn on MSAA and HDAO though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

gibbed posted:

Look what I just got working.

;-*

This bodes well. Very well. Good work as always gibbed.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I like how in the beginning Jason is scared and horrified by all the danger and death around him, but then matures into a fearsome warrior who loves his job. It makes me wish they gave Gordon Freeman a voice in Half-Life so that we could have seen this same sort of progression.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

This bodes well. Very well. Good work as always gibbed.
Unfortunately, the store won't show a preview of the parts attached, just the base gun, but it all works in-game. Here's the full set of attachments for the 1911.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
You crazy wonderful person.

What happens when you unlock all the attachments for AK47 and you pick up the AK from one of the enemies?

e: I think weapons in singleplayer have less attachments than their mutiplayer versions, is it possible to transfer them to singleplayer?

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 8, 2012

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Fantastic job as usual.

Now do the AK :getin:

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
Dicking aroud i noticed this warning sign on the O2 tanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c69kUmSbrpM

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Baron Bifford posted:

I like how in the beginning Jason is scared and horrified by all the danger and death around him, but then matures into a fearsome warrior who loves his job. It makes me wish they gave Gordon Freeman a voice in Half-Life so that we could have seen this same sort of progression.

I like how all of this takes like what.... 15 minutes and his first hand gun purchase to accomplish?

"Here Jason, take a gun"
"I don't know how to use a gun!"
Shoots, stabs, and blows up more than a dozen people minutes later.

The Sweetling posted:

Heads up for any of you nerds using an ATI card: I got a pretty noticeable fps increase with the 12.11 beta drivers + the FarCry 3 application profile. You gotta turn on MSAA and HDAO though.

This is my last AMD/ATI card ever. I have supported these guys since forever, but goddamn if 10 years of having nothing work right for the first 6 months or more a game is out hasn't worn me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

gibbed posted:

Unfortunately, the store won't show a preview of the parts attached, just the base gun, but it all works in-game. Here's the full set of attachments for the 1911.

*images*

You're awesome. Can't wait to be able to upgrade my AK.

Do you think it would be possible to unlock custom paint jobs for the "special weapons"?

Also do you think it would be possible to unlock all the weapons on the first island?

• Locked thread