Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Mister Chief posted:

New Ghibli posters. :dance:

The Wind Is Rising.

Compare the shadow on that cloud to:

Which would seem like an insane stretch if it wasn't for:

Although the bomber is much more obvious in the latter since its fire bombs are mixed in with the fireflies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Farbtoner posted:

Because the poster doesn't tell you anything about what the movie's actually about? We criticize other movie posters for it all the time.

Sometimes a poster can convey a mood or emotion instead of plot points. Some trailers are cut that way too, and when they work well they can be great.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Tomero_the_Great posted:

This just arrived in the mail today.

Now here is a poster that tells you exactly what the movie's about.

Sgt_Grumbles
Jan 10, 2006
STG. GRUUUUUUMMBLES!

That image looks familiar...

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

There's a part of me that's thrilled that I'm living in a world where Stallone and Scwarzenegger are making badass movies again. :allears:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

There's a part of me that's thrilled that I'm living in a world where Stallone and Scwarzenegger are making badass movies again. :allears:

I just wish they'd stick to "big" movies. The new Rocky and Rambo were eventful returns of old characters, Expendables was another big event bringing all those old stars together. Arnold's The Last Stand and this Bullet to the Head movie are just generic crud that will be instantly forgotten.

Arnold in particular should have been more picky since his return to starring roles could have been marketed as a huge loving deal.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sgt_Grumbles posted:

You would not believe the epic shitstorm BTTH was just to get a one-sheet done. This is the last film Silver did for WB.

it shows

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
When 66 years old you become, look as good you will not.

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.

kiimo posted:

You would not believe the epic shitstorm BTTH was just to get a one-sheet done. This is the last film Silver did for WB.

it shows

Kiimo: do you sign NDAs, or is there a chance in hell you could ever go on record for a news outlet with some details on how the whole poster approval process works?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Baron Bifford posted:

When 66 years old you become, look as good you will not.

Stallone's never been shy about his love of HGH. He's definitely putting work in, but he's also starting on second base.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
Aaaaagh I just found out about Mondo via this thread and I desperately want the January 2012 tron poster set but it's 400 bucks on ebay :qq:

Tron's theatrical posters were okay enough in some cases:

Pretty meh-tacular in others:

As for Skyfall, I'm surprised they didn't make one variant poster based on the opening credits, which ruled. Bond on his back with his gun out is fairly boring, and I loved the movie.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

This was the only really good Tron Legacy poster, because it homaged the original.

The others were all fairly bland. They were, however, still better than Mondo's pieces of crap.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

The Modern Leper posted:

Stallone's never been shy about his love of HGH. He's definitely putting work in, but he's also starting on second base.
Only competitive athletes need be ashamed of using drugs.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Modern Leper posted:

You don't look like that from HGH

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Sgt_Grumbles posted:

That's a still from the movie, to be fair.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

A movie poster doesn't need to tell you what the movie is about, it just needs to get you interested. That The Wind Is Rising one gets me interested.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sgt_Grumbles posted:

I know there's only a few ways to pose with a gun and fewer ways to shoot that pose, but that image makes me think of Stallone's Judge Dredd...

tmfool
Dec 9, 2003

What the frak?

tmfool fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 3, 2015

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Young Freud posted:

I know there's only a few ways to pose with a gun and fewer ways to shoot that pose, but that image makes me think of Stallone's Judge Dredd...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Except Keaton could probably turn his head further than Stallone can.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Tomero_the_Great posted:

This just arrived in the mail today.

Out of curiosity, where did you buy this? I ask because it is missing the rest of the quote and it really changes the tone of the whole thing.

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

She's actually attempting the comic books cheesecake boobs-and-butt pose!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Prof. Moriarty posted:

She's actually attempting the comic books cheesecake boobs-and-butt pose!

And a right arm capable of bending in three places.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Aatrek posted:

Well thanks for ruining the poster for me.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Aatrek posted:

Looks like a really long glove, in my opinion.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Doesn't look off to me.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

What's a wrist?

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Wendell posted:

Arnold's The Last Stand and this Bullet to the Head movie are just generic crud that will be instantly forgotten.

I've got some hope for The Last Stand solely because it is directed by Jee-woon Kim.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nybble posted:

Looks like a really long glove, in my opinion.

It is. The white line runs up the back of her hand, and the two bends are wrist and elbow.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jedit posted:

It is. The white line runs up the back of her hand, and the two bends are wrist and elbow.

That's her left arm, we're talking about her right.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

uPen posted:

That's her left arm, we're talking about her right.

Which has nothing wrong with it at all. This is a pretty bad photo as I couldn't see the viewfinder when I took it, but I think it sufficiently illustrates the point.

That box is about 42" around - I picked one that was bigger than Garrett Hedlund's torso to make up for my being longer in the arm than Olivia Wilde - and the top right corner as you look at it is a few inches short of being tight to the joint of my right shoulder. The reason my hand doesn't quite make it all the way around as in the poster is because the box has jutting corners while the torso curves.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Is there anywhere online where this is still available?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Peak goon with that box picture.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Jedit posted:

Which has nothing wrong with it at all. This is a pretty bad photo as I couldn't see the viewfinder when I took it, but I think it sufficiently illustrates the point.

That box is about 42" around - I picked one that was bigger than Garrett Hedlund's torso to make up for my being longer in the arm than Olivia Wilde - and the top right corner as you look at it is a few inches short of being tight to the joint of my right shoulder. The reason my hand doesn't quite make it all the way around as in the poster is because the box has jutting corners while the torso curves.

I'm gonna need to see a more shots of this to be fully convinced. You need to do the Olivia Wilde pose fully.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sorry, Prof, my hips just aren't up to it nowadays and I don't know any 6'9" men to put my arm around.

There's a movie called ANUS?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Power of Pecota posted:

Yeah, here you go.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Power of Pecota posted:

Wherever children's crayon scribblings are sold.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ez posted:

Sooooo, Etsy then?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ez posted:

Hausu was written, at least in part, by the director's 11 year old daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Don't you mean

HOUSE
  HAUSU