Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

Sankis posted:

Just make real models! The first model you get is a reference to the MS-06F Zaku II anyway which is far cooler.

It's MS-06.

If only there were a way to combine :smug: and :goonsay:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is the blue one a reference to something? It looks familiar.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Is the blue one a reference to something? It looks familiar.
The emblem and the sword make me think Code Geass but none of the mechs in that have that sort of cylindrical design.

Zetta_Slow
Oct 20, 2012

Shut up! If you try to stop me, my fists will visit you on four different points on your median plane!
Is there any point of me doing quests in NG+? I finished them on my fist play through and I was wondering if I need them to face Margaret or to get additional costumes?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Zetta_Slow posted:

Is there any point of me doing quests in NG+? I finished them on my fist play through and I was wondering if I need them to face Margaret or to get additional costumes?

They're only useful for money and items, really. The game doesn't really punish you for not doing them.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zetta_Slow posted:

If you got all of the quest costumes, there's no reason to do them again since they carry over.

The rewards are still the same and doing all the quests in one run doesn't net you anything special, so there's no real reason to do them, unless you really want that Victory Fan or something.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Zetta_Slow posted:

Clearly, the best reason for doing the quests is helping improve the NPCs' lives. :colbert:

On a different note, I've reached the part where you come home to hear Alone playing for pretty much the rest of the game. It became even worse than the original when I realized that nobody's there to help tend the garden anymore...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

There's not even a trophy for doing all the quests, is there?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nondevor posted:

On a different note, I've reached the part where you come home to hear Alone playing for pretty much the rest of the game. It became even worse than the original when I realized that nobody's there to help tend the garden anymore...

I stopped tending the garden at that point :smith:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 21, 2012

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Speedball posted:

There's not even a trophy for doing all the quests, is there?

Nooope.

Nondevor posted:

I like Alone better than the usual indoors night theme.

I feel like a jerk. :smith:

shadowobsessed
Jul 1, 2010

No worms on the bed!
I am hooked on this game. I'm super glad I purchased it. <3

In other news, I found out through the Facebook fan page that there is a little end-of-the-world Velvet Room musical celebration going on. Pretty cool :D http://plug.dj/the-velvet-room/

TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012

Nondevor posted:

When I got to that part, I had the blue "ready-to-harvest" icon waiting for me. :smith:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I don't like Rise's girlfriend decision. It seems like the stand there option would just be mean. Even as a purely platonic friend the hug seems like the best choice!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sankis posted:

I don't like Rise's girlfriend decision. It seems like the stand there option would just be mean. Even as a purely platonic friend the hug seems like the best choice!

Yumi's is pretty bad, too. Just walk out of the room like a tool. "..I see."

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I have heard rumors that Kanji will have a new voice actor for the second half of the anime dub. Please don't let this be true :stonk:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'd be shocked if that was true, normally that stuff's under contract.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

From what I've heard, Baker got married and left for a honeymoon and they hired Matt Mercer for the second half of the series. Wikipedia agrees with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Mercer#Animation

Fuuuuuuuuck

Pyros
Mar 24, 2003

The Leper Messiah

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'd be shocked if that was true, normally that stuff's under contract.

It's true.

https://twitter.com/TroyBakerVA/status/280535321060442112

It looks like they were set to record in September, and he had a 3 week honeymoon during that time, so Matthew Mercer was hired.

Edit: Well, beaten.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Pyros posted:

It looks like they were set to record in September, and he had a 3 week honeymoon during that time, so Matthew Mercer was hired.

...Well. I absolutely hated him as Edge in Star Ocean 4 but maybe he's gotten better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Volt Catfish posted:

...Well. I absolutely hated him as Edge in Star Ocean 4 but maybe he's gotten better.
I liked him as Skelter Helter in NMH2 but that was a role with like five lines, all of them variations on "gently caress YOU! YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't understand how people are finishing in the 90s on Normal, I got to the end at 78 or so before I started the grinding. Also Yoshitsune is strong enough that I can go into the last dungeon alone (you get all 4 characters experience on the MC like this) so I managed to get to 87 and fuse Helel so I can use his unique super Megido thing in NG+. Not gonna go past that since I'd have to do it again in NG+ for Izanami no Okami anyway.

Edit: I like that skill cards make a lot of guys worth fusing now. Once you get into higher levels a lot of Persona start to have Unique skills that can't be passed on, or a good set of immunities and a lot of guys you would have skipped entirely are sometimes worth fusing to get powerful skill cards for stuff that can't be inherited.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 21, 2012

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
So if I use the same team, all my other characters will be boned, right? I should use a different team every dungeon to keep their levels up? (I think I'm stupidly going for the Rise trophy)

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
P4 never forces you to use certain characters so feel free to just use the same 3 people while leaving the others behind.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cannot Find Server posted:

From what I've heard, Baker got married and left for a honeymoon and they hired Matt Mercer for the second half of the series. Wikipedia agrees with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Mercer#Animation

Fuuuuuuuuck

Fuckballs. That is super lovely.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
This game has the most likeable cast of any RPG I have ever played.

Even after I finish her S.Link, I talk with Nanako after getting home each night and have her tell me how her day was :unsmith:

Then November comes :smith:

Laex
Sep 24, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I don't understand how people are finishing in the 90s on Normal, I got to the end at 78 or so before I started the grinding. Also Yoshitsune is strong enough that I can go into the last dungeon alone (you get all 4 characters experience on the MC like this) so I managed to get to 87 and fuse Helel so I can use his unique super Megido thing in NG+. Not gonna go past that since I'd have to do it again in NG+ for Izanami no Okami anyway.

In my case I did every dungeon but the December one in one go, plus another run to do some sidequests stuff, and I finished the game at 99 :shobon:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

AG3 posted:

This game has the most likeable cast of any RPG I have ever played.

Even after I finish her S.Link, I talk with Nanako after getting home each night and have her tell me how her day was :unsmith:

Then November comes :smith:

I love you, big bro! :unsmith:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For my part, I generally spent two days in each dungeon. The first was usually the first day it became available (since often you can't do your party members' S. Links until you at least enter the TV to "find" the dungeon), and then a second run on a rainy day to clear the optional bosses. If you near 100% each floor every time you do this, you'll be pretty high leveled by the time you reach December.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Pyros posted:

It's true.

https://twitter.com/TroyBakerVA/status/280535321060442112

Edit: Well, beaten.

Kanji dungeon and the school outing are in the first half, right? This sucks but at least we got the best as the real Kanji.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sankis posted:

Kanji dungeon and the school outing are in the first half, right? This sucks but at least we got the best as the real Kanji.

Yeah they are, and the Kanji dungeon and shadow Kanji rule in the anime (I can't believe I'm praising an anime :monocle:).

I am pretty bummed, but who knows, maybe this other guy can do as good a job at sounding like Baker as the new VA for Teddie did sounding like the old one.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Well, it's not like they're going to completely change the character. If they hired him they must think him a good replacement. Especially since you can get Steve Blum to voice anything you want for a hot meal.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

Yeah they are, and the Kanji dungeon and shadow Kanji rule in the anime (I can't believe I'm praising an anime :monocle:).

I am pretty bummed, but who knows, maybe this other guy can do as good a job at sounding like Baker as the new VA for Teddie did sounding like the old one.

Kanji also rules in Naoto's dungeon.:allears:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I fought the (out)law and *I* won!

gently caress the Reaper. Managed to take the bastard down with just the MC and Chie. MC on healing duty and Chie with Power Charge + God's Hand.

I got the best sword for the protag. Yay?

Also, Golden Hands no longer stand a chance. Now I don't even have to do a Mind Charge. Got a Magician card and it gave me Megidolaon skill for Michael.

Talk about a Game Over move.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Matthew Mercer isn't a bad choice to replace Baker. He's voiced plenty of characters who fit the mold of Kanji and is a good voice actor. It's going to be a bit jarring going from Baker to Mercer, but that's mostly because Baker is just a voice I've heard as Kanji in everything, not like he's going to be bad or anything.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

gently caress the catchy rear end music in this game!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
It was a difficult decision between neglectful father and overly depressed Nanako, but I felt we've made the right call today.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Heartbeat, Heartbreak on rainy days kills me. It's the Megidolaon of Mellow.

I just melt in my chair and chill.

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

There's nothing like slogging through a dark dungeon, facing down the manifestitation of your true inner self, the atmosphere is somber and maybe a bit depressing as you come out of the fight a different person than you were going into it. Barely alive from the battle, you've not only saved your friend but thwarted a mysterious murderer from taking yet another innocent life of an inhabitant in the quaint little town of Inaba. It's all so grim and melancholy.

Then finally you pop back out into the real world with your group and New Days plays. Totally changes the mood. This game. :swoon:

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk0E_xYJY6A

This song is guaranteed to brighten your day up no matter what :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

The new battle theme gets stuck in my head all the time now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW9FQ-pb318

• Locked thread