Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RadicalR posted:

God's Hand

No such move in the game. Perhaps you meant Chie's Hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIRE CURES BIGOTS
Aug 26, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I finally finished the whole game and starting a new game plus. Man, this game rocked. I couldn't put it down for the week it took me to beat it. I had gotten spoiled on who the culprit was but the character interaction made it not matter as I still found the story riveting either way.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I can never date Naoto, her and Kanji are just too cute together, especially on the ski trip.

I am all about the Chie, though.

That's who I dated. I opted not to date anyone else. I'll probably go with Rise or Naoto on the second play through

The Doomhammer posted:

That fox is my favourite drug-dealing fox in all videogames. Because that's a really long list.

*Sigh* I've finished my new game plus so I really should move on to something else, but I think I'd rather just have some more wacky hi-jinks with my best fake anime videogame friends. Obviously Atlus should have added another entire year after the epilogue that's just you and your friends getting up to shenanigans, no plot.

That's how I feel too, they really make you care about the characters

FIRE CURES BIGOTS fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 25, 2012

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I'm dumb so, someone help me out here

When inputting my name, if I was to go with the Seta Souji name from the manga the proper way to input it would be

Souji,
Seta

Right? Japanese naming conventions CONFUSE ME SO :saddowns:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Captain Oblivious posted:

When inputting my name, if I was to go with the Seta Souji name from the manga the proper way to input it would be

Souji,
Seta

The game tells you which name you're inputting. Just remember that Seta is his last name and Souji is his first name, you'll be fine.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Souji,
Seta

I think they Americaniszed the name input. Just put the first name first.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

The game tells you which name you're inputting. Just remember that Seta is his last name and Souji is his first name, you'll be fine.

It is? The ordering on the wiki threw me off :argh:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

What I'd really like is a fairly succinct Social Link guide that isn't a million pages that I could print. Sadly, GameFAQs has nothing of the sort. Anyone seen anything of the like?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What I'd really like is a fairly succinct Social Link guide that isn't a million pages that I could print. Sadly, GameFAQs has nothing of the sort. Anyone seen anything of the like?
What exactly do you want? The Max S. Link guide on gamefaqs is long as gently caress, yeah, but it's literally just "Do this on this day. Do that on this day." It's as succinct as you're gonna get for a day-by-day guide.

Or do you just want a list of what S. Links open when and what you have to do to get them open?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

What exactly do you want? The Max S. Link guide on gamefaqs is long as gently caress, yeah, but it's literally just "Do this on this day. Do that on this day." It's as succinct as you're gonna get for a day-by-day guide.

Or do you just want a list of what S. Links open when and what you have to do to get them open?

Pretty much just a short list of optimal replies during S-Links to print so I don't need to look it up regularly.

The Max S. Link guide is way more than I need because well, I'm not worried about getting everything. F that.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Pretty much just a short list of optimal replies during S-Links to print so I don't need to look it up regularly.

The Max S. Link guide is way more than I need because well, I'm not worried about getting everything. F that.

This is for the PS2, so it's missing Jester and Aeon (and also Soccer, for some reason. Basketball is there, though), but it's what I use.

http://persona4.wikidot.com/conversation

It was written as a translation guide to the Japanese version though, so a few of the translations might not match up 100% with what the game says.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Capsaicin posted:

I think they Americaniszed the name input. Just put the first name first.
Nope, they do last name first. But it tells you, "Please input your last name."

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

DarkHamsterlord posted:

This is for the PS2, so it's missing Jester and Aeon (and also Soccer, for some reason. Basketball is there, though), but it's what I use.

http://persona4.wikidot.com/conversation

It was written as a translation guide to the Japanese version though, so a few of the translations might not match up 100% with what the game says.

This owns and is perfect.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Here's the stuff for Aeon and Jester: http://pastebin.com/Z9TRRqy8

Clipped it from this guide here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/64387

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

http://pastebin.com/q9xwny8t

I made a thing. Hopefully this is small enough for you to print. If it's still too big I just wasted an hour of my life copy/pasting for nothing.

EDIT: Apparently I wasted it anyway. Oh well. The experience was character building.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

http://pastebin.com/q9xwny8t

I made a thing. Hopefully this is small enough for you to print. If it's still too big I just wasted an hour of my life copy/pasting for nothing.

EDIT: Apparently I wasted it anyway. Oh well. The experience was character building.

It's still good for me. This is even better.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
So, you DO have to date Marie to get all the extra stuff, and not just finish the SLINK?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Capsaicin posted:

So, you DO have to date Marie to get all the extra stuff, and not just finish the SLINK?

You do not. All you have to do is get the SLink to 10 and it will unlock the bonus dungeon and the epilogue.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
So. The extra boss at the end of the Castle. Is there any real strategy to him? I waited til I was done with Kanji's dungeon before really attempting it, and Rampage can still 1 shot me.

It seems pretty straightforward other than, you know, him randomly killing me instantly.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

ShadeofDante posted:

So. The extra boss at the end of the Castle. Is there any real strategy to him? I waited til I was done with Kanji's dungeon before really attempting it, and Rampage can still 1 shot me.

It seems pretty straightforward other than, you know, him randomly killing me instantly.

It's all based on how often he uses Rampage. If you can get someone that has resist physical on it, you can do pretty well. I think I used Raksasha or whatever it's called. Just keep debuffing him and using physical attacks with MC/Chie/Kanji, buffing/debuffing with Yosuke, and healing/nuking with Yukiko.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

IIRC that's the hardest optional boss for his level range. Just keeping him debuffed with hit and evasion down will help your survival quite a bit. A strong to physical persona for the MC would also help.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

ShadeofDante posted:

No, I only killed him around the same time by not having him use rampage. It still took about 5 tries. Once I got him to a sliver and he broke out a rampage that hit Yu twice and critted and killed him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

Ah, kay, my bad on that one then.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Endorph posted:

Ah, kay, my bad on that one then.

No, you DO NOT.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Superstring posted:

No, you DO NOT.
Yeah I know I just forgot to quote the other post in that exchange that went 'no you don't' because the mini-guide I made acted under the assumption you did so I was apologizing for making said assumption without fact-checking.

Also I went "This shuffle stuff looks so OP, I'm sure I can beat this game on hard now!"

I wound up fighting Shadow Kanji under-leveled and him and the Protagonist got to have a 1-on-1 duel, like real men, because I ran out of revival beads. I got lucky because he kept trying to spirit drain me long after I had ran out of SP.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Why can only black frost dish out the damage even Persona's I fuse at a higher level can't compete.

I'm not sure I understand how to increase the damage output of my squad mates either, they all have amp skills and still their dyne level spells hurt very little.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Totally made my protag a descendent of Jojo. They have the same fabulous openings from their respective media.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

JackDarko posted:

Why can only black frost dish out the damage even Persona's I fuse at a higher level can't compete.

I'm not sure I understand how to increase the damage output of my squad mates either, they all have amp skills and still their dyne level spells hurt very little.

Black Frost has Boost + Amp (they stack)+ A high magic stat. Yukiko can do more damage than him with her fire skills if you build her right.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Black Frost has Boost + Amp (they stack)+ A high magic stat. Yukiko can do more damage than him with her fire skills if you build her right.

Wow, Fire Boost and Fire Amp stack? I had no idea. How would I have to build Yukiko I know I need mind charge and fire amp.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JackDarko posted:

Wow, Fire Boost and Fire Amp stack? I had no idea. How would I have to build Yukiko I know I need mind charge and fire amp.
Mind Charge, Fire Boost, Fire Amp, Flower Flame.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

JackDarko posted:

Any 2 boosts stack. You can give her fire amp+ a 40% or 50% fire boosting accessory and her damage doubles. Auto-Mataru so your whole party starts with the attack buff, mind charge, and she gets a fire spell past the -Dyne tier.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
However, you can't stack three boosts. So a Boost, Amp, and an accessory would waste something. I think it always takes the highest two, so if you have an accessory that boosts Fire by 50% as well as Fire Amp and Fire Boost, Fire boost will be ignored.

I usually just go with the Boost+Amp approach.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ShadeofDante posted:

Spam Tetrakarn (and Tetracorn/Physical Mirrors) for that fight. He never ended up using Rampage when I had Tetrakarn on everyone on my party, but he still ended killing himself with all his physical casting anyway.

Tetrakarn is pretty pricy in SP cost, so be sure to have a few Snuff Souls on hand.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
What the, I wasn't expecting King moron to call you in the middle of the night. Plus the music on the midnight stroll is amazing. WHAT? The Convenience Store turned into a pub at night? The hostess really fits the weird adult vibe that's prevalent in the series. This game is freaking awesome. So much attention to detail gives this game so much charm.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the patience. This is my first Proper Persona game and I'm really enjoying it.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Anything that learns Tetrakarn?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Capsaicin posted:

Anything that learns Tetrakarn?

Kaiwan is pretty low leveled (Star, 24) and has it innately. Being able to choose what skills you pass on in fusions means you could easily put Tetrakarn on something without a crippling Physical weakness too!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Rank 5 Jester:

Adachi is so light hearted.

Marriage is where fun goes to die.

Kialandi
Oct 3, 2012

ShadeofDante posted:

The best strategy I've seen is fusing a Jack Frost with Ice boost and Bufula.
You start by having MC use Rakunda and Chie casting Tarukaja on you then herself.
Then spam bufula until you need to re-apply the buffs.
The idea is to kill him fast enough that he he doesn't have many opportunities to one shot you with Rampage. It still requires a bit of luck, but it works.
Yukiko and Yosuke provide support by healing and buff through either Sukuaja and items. Using a physical mirror on the MC will also protect him from at least one Rampage.

This video shows the strategy in practice, though he does kinda screw it up near the end by resurrecting everyone when he probably could've gone for the kill

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Another thing is if you have it, have Chie buff herself Rebellion, so you can start having a better chance at crits to get an extra phy attack from Chie, and boost damage for everyone until he get's back on his feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
"A creepy man with a loooong nose..." The ski trip is amazing.

Unfortunately, it's drawing attention to the fact that the game's ending real soon. I want to stay with my anime best friends in the boonies longer :(

• Locked thread