Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I spent the end of NG setting up stuff for NG+ but when I beat it I just felt like the story is over and I didn't need to go on :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I've beaten the original so many times, so I thought I was done with Persona 4. But nope, the remake completely negates that feeling.

Still going through the ski trip, and the only correct choice is to hang out with the guys. Always.

e: haha, they really can't insinuate things anymore than they already are, can they?

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 26, 2012

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Started my NG+ earlier today after a short hiatus. Going to go for all social links and Personas. I don't consider myself a masochist, so I don't plan on going for the Risette Trophy.

Nondevor posted:

Still going through the ski trip, and the only correct choice is to hang out with the guys. Always.

I went the lovers route and went back with Yukiko. Can't say I expected that particular sequence of events to happen. Apparently, the others were spying on us the entire time, and barged in to the cabin expecting to find us naked. Creepy, yet hilarious. Pretty sure I'll go with the guys next time.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

I love you rescue logs.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

The GIG posted:

I love you rescue logs.

Anybody rescued me yet?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Is there any way to unlock the ski gear for dungeon use?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Life advice from Shiki Tsukino.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This one's certainly the only one that stands out in my list.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Ahh I just finished my first playthrough in Golden. Over 70 hours to get the true ending and my main character to level 94. Of course at level 94 the last two dungeons were pretty easy. I was playing on Hard but having Futsunushi and Firm stance along with Rise being overpowered meant my MC was never under threat. And wow can Kanji deal out some serious damage later on. The new persona forms are real crazy looking but I like it, even if they can only be used in two dungeons.

I like the extended ending, it is just more warm and fuzzy feelings, but I can't complain about that. Also I noticed something interesting if you don't max Dojima's link for him to mention that he is investigating his wife's death he will tell you that in the epilogue. I am not sure if he does it anyway but it sounded like he was telling you for the first time in my game, even though normally you would learn that in the S Link.

Hmm I am facing the prospect of playing through again and I might set it to Very Hard. I was far too overleveled in my game due to gold hands, maybe I just need some self control. I didn't really do any grinding, I just beat all the optional bosses, but everyone still ended up in the high 80s.

Oh and how about the second to last dungeon? Gimmicky nonsense but I warmed up to Marie a little bit by the end of the game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dojima tells you that either way. It was weird since I found out ingame like 30 hours earlier.

It almost felt unnatural how much they inserted Marie by the time the true ending rolls around. Some of the true ending stuff felt weird too since they fill in the time skip but don't erase the dialogue telling you what happened.

I did like the epilogue a lot though and it becomes a menu item in the TV listing when you're done :v: game was excellent overall though, made the Vita worth it.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Finally managed to download this game, been playing it for the last...4 hours.

P4 was the reason I bought a PS2, and P4G is the reason I bought a Vita. Completely worth it so far, it's fantastic to be playing it again. The game is so goddamned pretty, I'm loving it.

Chie's new voice actor is a bit too enthusiastic at times for me, though that might just be a bias. She's really miles ahead of everyone else on the energy scale, though.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Chie gets more manageable as the game rolls along.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Larsson posted:

Chie gets more manageable as the game rolls along.

At least her VA doesn't have that weird kinda South American accent in the game like she does in the anime. It still took me a while to adjust to her in this game, not because I disliked her but just because after playing P4 on the PS2 three times and never having played Arena (I hate fighters), hearing a new voice for a character I was so familiar with was just jarring as all hell. But I think it fits her character better; she's a spaz in the game, and now she actually sounds like one instead of sounding like a 30-year-old.

VVV everyone should sound that enthusiastic when they're talking about steak tbh

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Man she just sounds so happy about steak usually, I love Chie's actress.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I was contemplating romancing Marie but I just...can't handle the tsundere.

My tsundere threshold is exceeded. All hail Chie.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Captain Oblivious posted:

I was contemplating romancing Marie but I just...can't handle the tsundere.

My tsundere threshold is exceeded. All hail Chie.

I only romanced her because I didn't want to risk not getting the bonus poo poo. My heart really belongs to Yukiko Rise Naoto.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
You only need to max Marie out. Lover status is irrelevant for bonus content.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

So just to make sure for future reference, if I don't max out Maries link, will the game just play out exactly like the original version?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Crappy Jack posted:

So just to make sure for future reference, if I don't max out Maries link, will the game just play out exactly like the original version?

Right, or you can max it, but not ask Margaret to look for her.

manny kaltz
Oct 16, 2011

What?...
This has probably been mentioned somewhere, but what carries over to NG+?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

manny kaltz posted:

This has probably been mentioned somewhere, but what carries over to NG+?

Money, Costumes, Weapon shop list, Compendium, and SLink max items.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Also your social stats.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

Uh I think you still get the winter events just not the dungeon, but I haven't checked. There are definitely some events that occur before you even get the prompt for the new dungeon stuff so I don't think it's exactly the same, no.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The new epilogue was nice! Only weird thing that stood out to me was Yosuke's haircut - it looked okay during the animated cutscenes, but he honestly looked like a giraffe. It gives a surprising amount of closure to the story, and I don't have the burning need to start a NG+ right away. :unsmith:

But I'll probably end up doing that anyway, since I want to have an all-maxed playthrough. This game has justified my purchase of a Vita at least twice over, not counting all the PS+ goodies.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Played the poo poo out of P3. P3 Fes, P3P, and P4... So naturally, once I had a ton of reward points on my credit card, I got a Vita. For this game. Oh yes, it's go time.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, man, even on Hard mode this game is way easier. I just basically trivialized the first boss. Fused a Titan with Resist Phys and Fire, Red Wall, and Media, then gave it Bufu off a skill card. And to top it off, Dekunda got skill changed into Kill Rush for tons more damage.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rogue 7 posted:

Oh, man, even on Hard mode this game is way easier. I just basically trivialized the first boss. Fused a Titan with Resist Phys and Fire, Red Wall, and Media, then gave it Bufu off a skill card. And to top it off, Dekunda got skill changed into Kill Rush for tons more damage.

They've adjusted the curve so that the first boss is easier. That said Titan is level 14 anyway, if you're at that level it's supposed to be easy.

Nondevor posted:

The new epilogue was nice! Only weird thing that stood out to me was Yosuke's haircut - it looked okay during the animated cutscenes, but he honestly looked like a giraffe. It gives a surprising amount of closure to the story, and I don't have the burning need to start a NG+ right away. :unsmith:

But I'll probably end up doing that anyway, since I want to have an all-maxed playthrough. This game has justified my purchase of a Vita at least twice over, not counting all the PS+ goodies.

When you beat the game on the True Ending you also unlock a bunch of stuff in the TV listings. You should check those out especially if you've been ignoring them all game.

I also don't have the burning need to play NG+ yet (I started it and just haven't gotten into it) but I'm definitely keeping P4G on the Vita for when I'm in the mood for maxing everything out. I kinda wish there were more trophies, like beating the game on Very Hard or weird fusion stuff like making a persona that is immune to every element.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rogue 7 posted:

We're talking about the phoenix, right? I thought even at level 14 that boss had enough HP on Hard to make it a bit of a challenge handling your SP since buffs/debuffs are still 12 SP, and media isn't enough to full heal the AoE fire effect. It's not like bufu is a trivializing element in that fight considering how much white wall gets spammed. I always liked that fight a lot personally.

And nevermind how easily you could get two-shot on the way up. All in all, I've been pretty happy on how Hard mode is laid out. It's not soul crushing, nor what I would consider a walk in the park. You just have to keep your brain on and you'll be fine if you're used to the system.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Jesus Christ, you make some serious bank in NG+ :allears:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Level 14 is considered high for the first boss? I fought her at 18. Also, I do every dungeon in one day, usually the first and then never go back to the tv world between new dungeons. Completed Naoto's dungeon at level 76.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, I think I'm right at the level I was at when I was playing through P4 on normal.

And then, of course, I get smashed by a couple of those twin dudes in Kanji's dungeon. Nothing I really could have done, they alpha-striked me into oblivion.

Ah well, 3 AM, that's enough for tonight.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
There's nothing better in NG+ than introducing early bosses to a charged up Yoshitsune.

edit: Careful about spoilers.

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 27, 2012

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Man, I forgot how loving great the Ameno-Sagiri boss fight is. Even dealing out god-like levels of damage every round, it still becomes a really harrowing struggle at the end when he just unleashes every attack he has.

Though that makes me wonder... MAJOR END GAME SPOILERS WILL SPOIL THE KILLER Um...how exactly do they pin the murders on Adachi? I mean, if there's no evidence to convict Namatame, how the hell is there somehow evidence to convict Adachi? There's even less evidence for what he did!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RentCavalier posted:

Man, I forgot how loving great the Ameno-Sagiri boss fight is. Even dealing out god-like levels of damage every round, it still becomes a really harrowing struggle at the end when he just unleashes every attack he has.

Though that makes me wonder... MAJOR END GAME SPOILERS WILL SPOIL THE KILLER Um...how exactly do they pin the murders on Adachi? I mean, if there's no evidence to convict Namatame, how the hell is there somehow evidence to convict Adachi? There's even less evidence for what he did!

Continued endgame spoilers: He confesses. Not that he threw them in the TV, but that he killed them and stuck 'em up there.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Aside from asking Chie for her phone number, are there any dialog options that require NG+?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Sankis posted:

Aside from asking Chie for her phone number, are there any dialog options that require NG+?

There's also one for asking Yukiko for her number and eating Mystery Food X.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

TheLoser posted:

There are a bunch scattered throughout the game. During social links and stuff, a lot of stuff you might not have realized on your first run by simply not picking that option. But the "not enough Courage" "not enough Understanding", it really does pop up a lot. I know a quite a few pop up with Dojima, Nanako, and The Tower Kid as examples.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
So I just finished Operation Babe Hunt: Persona 4 Edition.

Before playing this, I did not think they could improve Kanji to be even better then he was already. I mean, he was already the best character in the game. I was wrong. So very wrong.

"Somethin' like it only costin' so much for an hour, I dunno...What was she talking about?"

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

TheLoser posted:

You can get Yukiko's on your first run, if you focus almost entirely on raising Courage (or whichever stat she requires). I did it on mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Schubalts posted:

You can get Yukiko's on your first run, if you focus almost entirely on raising Courage (or whichever stat she requires). I did it on mine.

I didn't focus that much on Courage and I still got it. I only had a 3 Courage.

• Locked thread