Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

wa27 posted:

Hope you guys didn't use your coupons on Hotline Miami yet. It's $5 now so you can get it for free.
http://www.amazon.com/Devolver-Digital-Hotline-Miami-Download/dp/B009GKT2Y0/

drat looks like they sold out of keys as its currently showing as unavailable. Not really a surprise as people were able to get it for free. I wonder if it will be back at that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Man, I was going to carpetbomb people with it since I don't have anything else to do with all of those credits.

t-nutz
Nov 26, 2008
Argh, re-verifying my credit card (again) cost me precious seconds for snagging the Hotline Miami deal. It seemed like the best way to figure out how many credits I had would be to buy it until it stopped being free and count them. Now I'll never know.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Hotline Miami is now sold out.

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
robot roll call: I'm out of credits and I wanted to pick up Darkness II and Spec Ops after they dropped to 2.49 after coupon, so if there's something you wanted on Steam...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Acolyte! posted:

robot roll call: I'm out of credits and I wanted to pick up Darkness II and Spec Ops after they dropped to 2.49 after coupon, so if there's something you wanted on Steam...

My Steam name is the same, hit me up.

t-nutz
Nov 26, 2008
Up again for $7.49 :(
e: Hotline Miami, that is.

t-nutz fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 3, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hey Tony, thanks for Spec Ops and Darkness II for $2.50 apiece. You guys are way better at Steam sales than Steam this year :)

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion around Hotline, the $5 price was an error. Fixed it as soon as I noticed.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Didn't realize Hotline Miami was a glitch, since last year we got a few freebies. Thanks a bunch anyway, Tony, since I was able to gift it to a couple of pals.

And also 2.50 for Darkness 2 and Spec Ops is a ridiculous deal. :getin:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion around Hotline, the $5 price was an error. Fixed it as soon as I noticed.

At least you didn't pull a Gamersgate!

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Travis343 posted:

Man I just learned I missed out on Scribblenauts for 7.50! Any chance this is gonna drop again this sale?

Honestly, you lucked out. Scribblenauts is the only holiday purchase I regret.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sarchasm posted:

I have to agree, it's fairly bad. It'd probably be a good game for your kids but otherwise I didn't see the appeal. If I paid more than $7.50 I would have been a bit more angry about it.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 3, 2013

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
On the flip side I have been enjoying the hell out of Scribblenauts. I run around and my 3 year old yells things for me to type in, and it's hilarious. Definitely a must buy if you have kids.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

At least you didn't pull a Gamersgate!

This right here.

Also: $2.50 is outright theft for a game as good as Hotline Miami, buy it you jerks.

fakeedit: or message me on Steam, I'll buy up to 4 copies of it for $2.50/pop for giveaways on this site.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/minifigs

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Is there any chance of a lower price for Mass Effect 3?

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Does anyone have a spare $5 coupon? I wouldn't mind getting Hotline Miami for $2.50.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Tony: I "want" Duke Nukem, but I already own Borderlands and I don't care about Darkness 2. Any plans for the King to be in any other :10bux: bundles this month?

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
I've really enjoyed the sales so far but I hope the Editor's choice does add more games, as (first world problems) I've got a ton of $5 codes because I've already bought a lot of the games on that list. :(

Also, I'm really hoping Transformers: War for Cybertron somehow gets even cheaper, $30 is still too much for me but if it hit $20 I'd snag it up immediately.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Aardark posted:

Does anyone have a spare $5 coupon? I wouldn't mind getting Hotline Miami for $2.50.

I'm pretty certain the coupon's tied to the account. You'd have to get someone to buy it for you.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Ah, okay. I thought that might be the case.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Xaris posted:

I have to agree, it's fairly bad. It'd probably be a good game for your kids but otherwise I didn't see the appeal. If I paid more than $7.50 I would have been a bit more angry about it.

Sarchasm posted:

I'm curious if either of you liked Super Scribblenauts on DS or if this was your first Scribblenauts game. I loved Super Scribblenauts and was really looking forward to Unlimited, is it a bad game compared to Super or do yall just maybe not like Scribblenauts?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Tony: I "want" Duke Nukem, but I already own Borderlands and I don't care about Darkness 2. Any plans for the King to be in any other :10bux: bundles this month?
There are almost assuredly people buying either of the shooter bundles who don't want DNF. Some are even giving their codes away! You should check The Steam Game Trading Thread.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Travis343 posted:

I'm curious if either of you liked Super Scribblenauts on DS or if this was your first Scribblenauts game. I loved Super Scribblenauts and was really looking forward to Unlimited, is it a bad game compared to Super or do yall just maybe not like Scribblenauts?

I've played the DS versions, and I would definitely say Unlimited is much "worse." I put that in quotes because like Ragequit says, it's an amazing game if you have kids or have kid-aged-relatives (I really look forward to showing it to my niece and nephew, for instance).

The reason is because it's really simplistic. You aren't rewarded for creative thinking or getting fancy (it just won't solve anything) and I went through the entire game literally not feeling like I had to think past the obvious answer for any puzzle.

I recommend against it if you like the DS versions for yourself and are looking for more of the same. Unlimited seriously feels like it should be named, "Scribblenauts for Kids."

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010
Yeah, I sunk 8 hours into Scribblenauts Unlimited clearing all the levels so it was worth the $7.50 just on how charming it is alone but there was seriously no reason to get creative at all. Most of the time it just led to your imaginative solution being poofed away (if it even took it at all) so a canned animation could play.

So disappointing. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yeah, Scribblenauts is cute and all but I've found that playing it is mostly an exercise in dumbing down my solutions to puzzles to fit the game's parameters. It will give you a situation and you'll come up with a fun way through it and then you'll (often) try again two times when your idea didn't take and then you'll resign yourself to the most obvious answer just to move things along.

Consequently, it's a game that conditions you to be less creative rather than more creative.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

AmazonTony posted:

I agree the redemption process is clunky, shouldn't affect purchase decision now though, issue #5 will just sit in your inventory as long as you register before the end date (not sure what Funcom has this set to). If you don't install the game for 5 years, assuming the server is still up, you should still have Issue #5 in your in game store when you get to Kingsmouth.

Also, completely unrelated to deals. I just found out that one of my co-workers, and fellow goons, made this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_HMLvLB7b0

This is probably the coolest proposal I've ever seen.

Hey Tony if that guy wants to put that game on a cartridge for memories I can probably do that for him as I got all the equipment to do such a thing. Let me know if he's interested. Also got X-Com yesterday, ended up buying games on amazon and none on steam this year because nothing caught my eye so you did good.

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I've played the DS versions, and I would definitely say Unlimited is much "worse."

Unlimited seriously feels like it should be named, "Scribblenauts for Kids."

I've got to echo this, it's disappointing because I thought the structure of the world was going to make this a really interesting game but then they do nothing with it and dumb down the entire game.

Julien
Jun 26, 2007

Meanies only take NO
for an answer!
My 11 and 9 year old have been playing Scribblenauts on the Wii U since they got it for Christmas so that seems to be about the target mentality level.

Haydez
Apr 8, 2003

EVIL LINK

AmazonTony posted:

Also, completely unrelated to deals. I just found out that one of my co-workers, and fellow goons, made this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_HMLvLB7b0

This is probably the coolest proposal I've ever seen.

I was hoping it was going to pop up a Yes or No box at the end, like the old do you like me notes.

How long did that take him? That's pretty awesome.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
"No."
"But thou must!"

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!
Took me about three weeks, every evening hunkered over my laptop in the computer labs. My wife was actually getting worried that school was working me too hard.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Travis343 posted:

I played a bit of the first game and enjoyed the premise and level design, but gave up about halfway through because I was tired of watching Max jump into flaming pits and feed himself to dinosaurs because of an errant tap of the stylus. Whereas I remember that first game presenting a lot of increasingly complex problems with tons of solutions, I don't think this game has any compelling puzzle elements at all. It's just a lot of "This man wants to sit down, what does he need?" and "This person likes sports! Give them three things that remind them of sports!" prompts, those two being actual mid-game examples. Even the more imaginative prompts--equipping four adventurers to slay a dragon, for instance--are 100% scripted, guaranteed to succeed just so long as you can provide each character with an object that fits the parameters of their vague demands.

You can certainly have fun with it, probably in the company of children or drunk adults. I'd imagine a room full of people shouting out increasingly bizarre solutions would be a hoot, but playing it alone is really dull. I never played Super Scribblenauts, so I don't know how it compares on that score.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Hey Tony, will you do me a personal favor and see what you can do about getting Bulletstorm at a better price point? Game's been out a while (and I bought the console version from you guys at $20) but I wouldn't mind getting it on my PC for $5 or so :)

Noirex
May 30, 2006

I'm waiting for Dishonored to go lower myself. Any chances of that happening?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Anyone have an extra coupon they don't need/intend to use? Could Paypal someone for Spec Ops.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Hey guys,

Update to the EC list (these will be added in January working on dates and price points):

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Update to the EC list (these will be added in January working on dates and price points):

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Syndicate

This is awesome Tony. Love that you're adding new games. Hoping that Alice complete pack is up for a great buy!

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Syndicate

Agh, I already gave away my coupons/spent them on Hotline Miami!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Syndicate

Let me guess, Syndicate won't be $5 again this time? Glad I did save at least one or two coupons after using two for Hotline Miami gifts for friends.

By the way, is that Alice Complete just Madness Returns with the DLC, or the previously Origin pre-order version that had the HD version of the original American McGee's Alice plus Madness Returns+DLC?

• Locked thread