Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

lotus circle posted:

I feel like the odd one out here. I got to mid/high 80s without grinding and then proceeded to spend close to 15 hours just leveling up so I could get high enough to fuse Lucifer. I'm probably going to try to do better with New Game Plus, since I only used favorites (poor Yosuke and Teddie...) but the majority of Gold Hands I encountered ran off before I could beat the suckers.
If you're having trouble killing the hands, fuse something with Mind Charge and Megido/la/on (and preferably Spell Master) and pass them all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

U.T. Raptor posted:

If you're having trouble killing the hands, fuse something with Mind Charge and Megido/la/on (and preferably Spell Master) and pass them all over the place.

Yeah, you definitely want to stick with Almighty damage for Gold Hand hunting once it becomes available.

I actually ended up dying in Naoto's dungeon one time in my first run when two of them had counter skills trigger and reflect a Power Charged multi-hit physical attack back at Yu. :shepicide:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I want to say starting in Void Quest you want to exclusively use Almighty attacks, and then it switches back to Physical for the December dungeon. Yoshitsune obviously being the ideal option (a couple of times Kanji did end up killing himself with a 13,000 damaging Primal Force).

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I beat the game at level like 79 I think on my first run? I felt really OP even though apparently some people got to level 90 without effort I guess. I didn't have much of a difficulty with the final boss. I also didn't find like any golden hands in the last dungeon.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, you definitely want to stick with Almighty damage for Gold Hand hunting once it becomes available.

I actually ended up dying in Naoto's dungeon one time in my first run when two of them had counter skills trigger and reflect a Power Charged multi-hit physical attack back at Yu. :shepicide:

This is why I was happy I'd maxed out Rise's S.Link early in my first NG+; I kept killing myself with countered God's Hand. Rise's MC revival skill was the only thing keeping me from multiple game overs :downs:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
^^^ I had "Retry Battles" turned on like a chump. While keeping damage received to great and exp gained to less. It was like some weird pseudo-Hard. :shepface:

Boten Anna posted:

I beat the game at level like 79 I think on my first run? I felt really OP even though apparently some people got to level 90 without effort I guess. I didn't have much of a difficulty with the final boss. I also didn't find like any golden hands in the last dungeon.

That's because there aren't any. The December dungeon is waaaay better for grinding than the last dungeon in terms of exp and possibly money yield.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm still pretty much dying like 5 times a dungeon on hard mode, heh. Going through the void quest now. All of it specifically to the MC getting one/two shot on trash. For the most part I make it a point to kill everything in the first 2 rounds but every now and then I'll get enough misses in a row that someone will push out a god hand or a series of nukes that hits for 500+ total.

Thankfully even on hard, you can just restart the floor and I pretty much don't care when it happens.

Coincidentally I don't see many gold hands unless I revisit the dungeons during side quest times.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I was early to mid 70s during my first runthrough, and I managed to beat the March dungeon boss quite easily. Maybe I'm just Good At Persona or something.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Pollyanna posted:

I was early to mid 70s during my first runthrough, and I managed to beat the March dungeon boss quite easily.

Ditto. I had a Soma ready to use, but never needed it because literally every time anyone in the party dipped below 50 SP Rise would restore SP to the whole party. It's hard to die to bosses when you have infinite uses of Salvation.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zurai posted:

Ditto. I had a Soma ready to use, but never needed it because literally every time anyone in the party dipped below 50 SP Rise would restore SP to the whole party. It's hard to die to bosses when you have infinite uses of Salvation.

It's pretty frustrating if you want to die to a boss though. I brought a physical team to the bonus boss fight in the November dungeon, who as it turns out is immune to physical attacks (and absorbs Wind). I couldn't do anything with Yoshitsune, Yosuke was useless and I really didn't want to rely on Chie's Bufula and Kanji's Ziodyne. I didn't have a recent save so I figured I might as well die to restart the floor and get another party together. The fastest way to do this was just hitting the triangle button, right? Yeah, that took around ten minutes. :v: (Rise, stop healing everyone! :argh:)

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Man, I don't know what happened, but after having way too much trouble in Void Quest and Secret Laboratory, the November dungeon was like nothing for me.

Those Golden Hands popping up all over the place probably helped a lot though. Holy poo poo there was so many.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I don't think I ever finished the Tutor link before. Reporting Atlus to the 'Happy Birthday' people for copyright infringement.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I decided I'm gonna go for Platinum on NG+.

What's the easiest trophy to miss? I don't have Risette Fan, is it really impossible to get in NG+?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

What's the easiest trophy to miss? I don't have Risette Fan, is it really impossible to get in NG+?

It's really easy to miss the trophy for reading all of the books. I missed it in my first playthrough by one book because I didn't go out with Kou and Daisuke one Sunday. Didn't think about it at all.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Grimace posted:

It's really easy to miss the trophy for reading all of the books. I missed it in my first playthrough by one book because I didn't go out with Kou and Daisuke one Sunday. Didn't think about it at all.

Oh man I didn't think of this, the books kind of cut into your S. Link time right? Since they're mostly raising stats you don't need anymore instead of letting you get extra night points.

Streyr
May 14, 2006
Penguin God

Like said before, the book trophy would be my vote for the hardest trophy to miss. You have to read every book in a single play through and I know that at least one of them comes from going out on a Sunday with the Strength S.Link but it also has to be below a certain level before the specific day otherwise the event doesn't happen.

Risette Fan isn't that hard if you just make sure to analyze all the time and give shadows a chance to inflict people with status aliments.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Streyr posted:

You have to read every book in a single play through and I know that at least one of them comes from going out on a Sunday with the Strength S.Link but it also has to be below a certain level before the specific day otherwise the event doesn't happen.

Are you serious? This is probably why I missed it, then. I think Strength was one of the first S-Links I maxed out. :negative: I'll have to look more into on what day the book is given and how high you're allowed to be before the chance to obtain the book is lost...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Streyr posted:

Like said before, the book trophy would be my vote for the hardest trophy to miss. You have to read every book in a single play through and I know that at least one of them comes from going out on a Sunday with the Strength S.Link but it also has to be below a certain level before the specific day otherwise the event doesn't happen.

Risette Fan isn't that hard if you just make sure to analyze all the time and give shadows a chance to inflict people with status aliments.

Yeah I knew the book was an issue but don't have an exact reason for why, I'll see if there's a guide or such that says exactly what level it should be.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The difficulty with the book trophy is that it's very easy to miss several of the books due to some issues with the Strength S. Link. The first book you get from the Strength S. Link is very easily missed if you chose the basketball portion of the link (Has to be at or below a certain level I believe to receive an invite).

The second book is just as easily missed. You have to go to your room before doing anything else on a specific date in July to receive the invite from Kou.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 6, 2013

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight

I'm currently working on the Risette Fan trophy on my NG+. It's actually not difficult, you just have to make sure you don't get yourself overpowered and miss out on the lines she has for analyzing 'strong' shadows. I've basically been playing the game with low exp, taking half exp cards in shuffle time, avoiding wand cards and golden hands like the plague, and using level-appropriate personas and equipment. I've been setting damage taken to low/dealt to normal or high for boss fights to counter-act being grossly under-leveled for everything. The other tip is to use all your party members at some point because (and I never noticed until I started going for this trophy) Rise has a baffling number of unique responses for each party member doing pretty much anything, including killing different numbers of enemies at a time or landing follow-up attacks.

Book trophy is easy to miss. I don't know if you can get that and max all s.links in one go. It's probably not impossible but I feel like you'd need to plan it out. As far as I know the specific ranks for the strength invites only applies to the basketball team, so pick the soccer team. I've had strength sitting at rank 3 for most of the game and have gotten all the invites. The easiest one to miss is the one on I think 14 July, you need to go to your room that night to get a call from Kou about the study session.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

The hardcore Risette fan is more time consuming than difficult. She has two lines for enemies being immune (so null, repel, or drain) to an element, and 2 for being weak to it, and that's for each level of difficulty the enemy is compared to you (so stronger, around the same level, or weaker). She also has 2 lines for them having no current weaknesses revealed/no weaknesses at all. In addition, you can lock yourself out of some number of her lines once Rise's social link is high enough so that she automatically tells you weaknesses at the start of the battles. You won't get the initial ambush, etc lines anymore unless your enemies all have no weaknesses. You will be getting new lines to replace these though. If you're wanting to get a fair number of the lines fairly easily, the Blue Sigils in Void Quest I believe are weak against Physical and Drain everything else, so you can revisit them a few times if need be.

As Hook mentioned, she has a ton of lines for every party member. This includes them have status effects and strength, agility, and defense down. If you don't mind mashing analyze a lot and switching your party members around, it's perfectly doable. She does have a ton more than the necessary lines, so don't feel too pressured into holding back on her social link or anything.

I managed to get it in November on a fresh 2nd playthrough on hard while doing a lot of traveling using those suggestions.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kamui Miracle is great for the Risette Trophy. It can inflict several status ailments on everyone in your party, which Rise has different lines for.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Hook posted:

Book trophy is easy to miss. I don't know if you can get that and max all s.links in one go. It's probably not impossible but I feel like you'd need to plan it out. As far as I know the specific ranks for the strength invites only applies to the basketball team, so pick the soccer team. I've had strength sitting at rank 3 for most of the game and have gotten all the invites. The easiest one to miss is the one on I think 14 July, you need to go to your room that night to get a call from Kou about the study session.

I currently have Strength (basketball version) at level 4 because I wanted to unlock Ai's social link early. Hopefully I'm not screwed out of getting Fun with Numbers this time around...

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ranking up Rise for the trophy really helps, as her upgrades mean you get more lines from her. But maxing her isn't necessary. My first run I got her only up to Rank 5 and still managed to get the trophy (mainly by letting my poor teammates get tons of ailments and go near death without healing them for more lines)

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Oh drat it. I just loaded my save... I am on the 18th of July. I missed the book.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nondevor posted:

I currently have Strength (basketball version) at level 4 because I wanted to unlock Ai's social link early. Hopefully I'm not screwed out of getting Fun with Numbers this time around...

I think Fun with Numbers is tied to a certain dialogue choice as well. When Kou asked me about my math skills, I said he could “count on me” and didn't get the book.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Strange Quark posted:

I think Fun with Numbers is tied to a certain dialogue choice as well. When Kou asked me about my math skills, I said he could “count on me” and didn't get the book.
Same here. I think you're suppose to say you're not good with math and he'll give you the book.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Man, I just hammered the poo poo out of poor Shadow Naoto. Only hit weakness once the entire fight.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Larsson posted:

The difficulty with the book trophy is that it's very easy to miss several of the books due to some issues with the Strength S. Link. The first book you get from the Strength S. Link is very easily missed if you chose the basketball portion of the link (Has to be at or below a certain level I believe to receive an invite).

The second book is just as easily missed. You have to go to your room before doing anything else on a specific date in July to receive the invite from Kou.
Gamefaqs tells me it needs to be at rank 4 or lower in order to receive the invites, though it makes no distinction between basketball or soccer.

If/when I do my third run through the game (the one where I ignore most of the S. Links), that will probably be when I try for the extra trophies.

Don't forget to visit Nanako at the end of November, I bet that one is easily missed as well.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Is there any particular place that's best for gold hand hunting?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is there any particular place that's best for gold hand hunting?

Since the hands scale with the dungeon, I'd suggest whatever is your current dungeon.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I'd say Heaven since you can run into groups of five there.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

g0lbez posted:

I'd say Heaven since you can run into groups of five there.
Seconding this. Heaven and Club are always the best places for Gold Hand hunting in my experience, but Heaven always had them around more as you go toward the higher floors.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Doing the battles in this after you get Rise is a little... odd? Yeah, let's go with that. With all the sexual poo poo in this game, you think I would be able to tolerate the smallest things. I can take the dominatrix shadow, I can even take the technicolour stripper. The thing is, Rise has a line where if I hit an enemy's weakness, she'll sometimes say how I "really get her going" and it just makes me feel weird.

It's just ice magic, Rise. Christ.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.
Man, I just started grinding Reapers at the end of the game only to notice that none of the equipment is going to carry over to a NG+. It's all kinds of pointless now since at the rate I run through the Reaper I'm sure the last boss is a cake walk.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

JetGrind posted:

Doing the battles in this after you get Rise is a little... odd? Yeah, let's go with that. With all the sexual poo poo in this game, you think I would be able to tolerate the smallest things. I can take the dominatrix shadow, I can even take the technicolour stripper. The thing is, Rise has a line where if I hit an enemy's weakness, she'll sometimes say how I "really get her going" and it just makes me feel weird.

It's just ice magic, Rise. Christ.
Yeah that's pretty tame by Rise's standards. You've got a whole lot more coming.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Yeah idk having finished the game, that "really gets me going" line comes up so much and is just a little too far and I would argue it's probably her worst line.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Yeah, but she makes up for it with "Looks like this enemy is BEARY weak to electricity!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think she's just messing around? I mean she goes "That's hot!" if you hit an enemy who's weak to fire magic. What teenager hasn't made some dumb sex jokes? It's not like she's literally propositioning you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Endorph posted:

I think she's just messing around? I mean she goes "That's hot!" if you hit an enemy who's weak to fire magic. What teenager hasn't made some dumb sex jokes? It's not like she's literally propositioning you.

That's true, and like I said, I'm okay with all of the weird sexual stuff in this game. It's just kind of weird when right after I hit an enemy's weak spot she decides to flirt with me via a line that could be taken extremely sexually, even if it isn't. (Mostly because once you learn a weakness, you never stop exploiting it, so I hear that line a lot.)

• Locked thread