Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Spoilers: half of Rise's lines are sexual (may be a slight exaggeration).

But yeah the karaoke room (or whatever) scene will probably blow your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Is there a bonus boss for the DEC dungeon? I just started the March one...

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

Rascyc posted:

Spoilers: half of Rise's lines are sexual (may be a slight exaggeration).

But yeah the karaoke room (or whatever) scene will probably blow your mind.

I'm just past the November dungeon. I know what you're talking about. Either way, this game is great and holy poo poo, Golden Hands can make you so overpowered it's not even funny.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

ChiTownEddie posted:

Is there a bonus boss for the DEC dungeon? I just started the March one...
No there isn't. Consider your bonus boss to be the giant mecha-eye

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This may sound culturally insensitive, but Japan knows the difference between Vampires and magicians right? I mean I could go on with my sick vampire identification skills, but the MC seriously looks like he's getting ready to pull a quarter out of my ear.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

JetGrind posted:

That's true, and like I said, I'm okay with all of the weird sexual stuff in this game. It's just kind of weird when right after I hit an enemy's weak spot she decides to flirt with me via a line that could be taken extremely sexually, even if it isn't. (Mostly because once you learn a weakness, you never stop exploiting it, so I hear that line a lot.)
>Rise flirting with the MC
Please do tell me something I don't know, Rise has a crush on the MC after all, so yeah flirting is expected.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

FauxGateau posted:

This may sound culturally insensitive, but Japan knows the difference between Vampires and magicians right? I mean I could go on with my sick vampire identification skills, but the MC seriously looks like he's getting ready to pull a quarter out of my ear.

If they think all vampires wear nice top hats, then I don't mind it at all.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

lotus circle posted:

No there isn't. Consider your bonus boss to be the giant mecha-eye

haha gotcha. Thanks.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

FauxGateau posted:

Nope.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
With the way Rise constantly, CONSTANTLY comes on to the MC I got the feeling the devs were shipping me with her really hard and it was kind of annoying. So I can understand where people are coming from with her lines grating.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Captain Oblivious posted:

With the way Rise constantly, CONSTANTLY comes on to the MC I got the feeling the devs were shipping me with her really hard and it was kind of annoying. So I can understand where people are coming from with her lines grating.
All the girls were kind of like that, if you read between the lines. It's purposefully done because one of them could possibly be your lover. Rise was just more upfront about her crush. It was pretty funny if you picked up a different girl for the lovers route, because the game is scripted in a way such that the lover won't ever object to Rise trying to get up close and personal. Talk about awkward.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

lotus circle posted:

All the girls were kind of like that, if you read between the lines. It's purposefully done because one of them could possibly be your lover. Rise was just more upfront about her crush. It was pretty funny if you picked up a different girl for the lovers route, because the game is scripted in a way such that the lover won't ever object to Rise trying to get up close and personal. Talk about awkward.

It's silly to pretend there isn't a huge difference in orders of magnitude between <every girl who isn't Rise> and Rise.

Yes, they crush on you, but it is not the same. Some of them are more awkward to friend zone than others though.

Lookin' at you Yukiko and Yumi.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nobody is more awkward to turn down than Rise though, especially given the scene you have to make the choice in.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Yeah that one's a weird one in general though because like

What the hell, why is THIS being framed as lovers/not lovers juncture? I'm pretty sure a decent friend would still comfort her :wtc:

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Seriously, I know the canon couple is MC/Rise and all, but could they have at least picked a better time to decide that? Me comforting a sad person like a good person probably would makes me their lover, but if I don't I stand there like a moronic rear end in a top hat. The fact that they added a new event to make you feel like an rear end in a top hat for having multiple girlfriends is even worse, because if you go with anyone, odds are you're going to be with Rise as well, but if you aren't then you're missing out on really good skills for her in the dungeons, or being an rear end in a top hat to her. I have nothing against Rise as a character or anything, it's just the way you're roped into that is a pain in the rear end.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
The romance flag for Rise isn't THAT bad, guys. As soon as you decide to not hug her she stops crying and thanks you for being there or whatever. How on earth is that so bad that you'd skip out on her battle skills because of it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JetGrind posted:

Seriously, I know the canon couple is MC/Rise and all, but could they have at least picked a better time to decide that?

What basis is there for this? Or is this just a thing people jump to because Rise is very touchy-feely?

DeathBySpoon posted:

The romance flag for Rise isn't THAT bad, guys. As soon as you decide to not hug her she stops crying and thanks you for being there or whatever. How on earth is that so bad that you'd skip out on her battle skills because of it?

It's a dumb story, but the fact some people here seriously get so up in arms over video game characters is really silly, especially when it actually keeps them from getting better stuff.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've found that people in this thread seem to forget you can re-load saves when it comes to some social link events.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Guys, I'll have you know canon has already addressed this matter:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I know European countries tend to be more touchy-feely than English-speaking countries, I guess Japan is even less so than English-speaking countries.

Because that's totally the reasonable thing to do if a lady friend started bawling in front of me.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

FauxGateau posted:

I know! I totally wore my magician costume through the rest of the game. The top hat, the short cape, the suspenders... totally a magician.

Also fitting because I had Spell Master, Mind Charge, Phanta Rei and Black Viper. I was such a rad magician.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Phobophilia posted:

I know European countries tend to be more touchy-feely than English-speaking countries, I guess Japan is even less so than English-speaking countries.

Because that's totally the reasonable thing to do if a lady friend started bawling in front of me.

poo poo, that's the reasonable thing to do even if it's a guy friend. Just standing there while your friend cries is just...not what a friend does.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Yeah I gave Brosuke a hug too, he took it weirdly.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Captain Oblivious posted:

Did you forget highschool or something? Girls flirt like that all the time.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

So...does anyone have any decent strategies for Shadow Mitsuo, I've been having trouble due to his -dyne attacks and the bombs his shell keeps throwing around due to my lack of SP items.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

psychoticBacofoil posted:

So...does anyone have any decent strategies for Shadow Mitsuo, I've been having trouble due to his -dyne attacks and the bombs his shell keeps throwing around due to my lack of SP items.

Not sure what your setup is, but Maraku/Masukukaja to keep your damage down, and then mind/power charge.

If you can get a gust vow on Yosuke, he can out-magic Yukiko.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

Neeksy posted:

Not sure what your setup is, but Maraku/Masukukaja to keep your damage down, and then mind/power charge.

If you can get a gust vow on Yosuke, he can out-magic Yukiko.
Well considering that my party consists of me (I'm using a level 39 Oni which is strictly physical orientated with Counterstrike, Null Physical, Power Charge, Cruel Attack, Fatal End, Brain Shake and Atom Smasher with Traesto to prevent needing items to leave dungeons, my attack and defense being 133/72), a level 35 Yosuke with 122 attack and 86 defense, A level 36 Chie with 34 defense and 167 attack, and a level 40 Teddie with 161 attack and 48 defense, I might need new items or to grind. Also I'll keep the gust vow thing in mind.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
You're going to want to be a little higher. You might also be well-served by fusing Black Frost - yeah, yeah, everyone suggests it, but it's really nice to have that resistance set and Black Frost's high-end damage output will really help too, especially once it can Mind Charge and Fire Amp.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Teddie gets Matarukaja at level 42 and it is an amazing spell. Getting Chie Black Spot and Yosuke Wind Boost can't hurt either. And if nothing else your level itself will cut damage a little.

Also, my Black Frost was breaking 1000 damage with his charged amped Agidynes. Holy poo poo.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jesus gently caress, I did not realize the Fox was so expensive.
Went into the second Dungeon with about 400 yen and our SL at rank 2, fight my way through a couple floors, make my escape once my rear end was getting beat/I was out of SP and healing items.
Thought for sure that the 13k I had accrued would maybe just maybe barely be enough. Nope, that furry bastard wants 30k.

I'm trying to follow that max social link guide, so I'm hellbent on getting it done in one shot. To that end, I ended up going back to Yukiko's Castle to grind up easy cash.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The fox's prices are adjusted by his mood (which is random as far as I know). Pet him to get a hint about how happy he is. With a 30k price tag, either you were almost dead across the board or the fox is having a bad day.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zurai posted:

The fox's prices are adjusted by his mood (which is random as far as I know). Pet him to get a hint about how happy he is. With a 30k price tag, either you were almost dead across the board or the fox is having a bad day.

Ohhhh! I thought you just pet him for free stuff, could never tell why he was angry.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
He also only refills the SP of people in the active party. So later on once you have more dudes, you can swap out people like Yukiko who don't need the SP refill so much to bring down the price more.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

Happy Fox means you won't pay out your rear end for healing, Angry Fox means that you should probably just head to bed for the night because he's going to overcharge so high you'll be as broke as the 3 golden hands you killed to make that 30k yen.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The fox's mood has nothing to do with how much he charges, it's based on your social link rank. At rank 1, per SP restored he charges 60 yen, and each rank lowers the cost by 5, until at rank 10 it's 15 yen.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Coughing Hobo posted:

The fox's mood has nothing to do with how much he charges, it's based on your social link rank. At rank 1, per SP restored he charges 60 yen, and each rank lowers the cost by 5, until at rank 10 it's 15 yen.

And yet, I've never used Fox. Once you get Rise restoring 5-10% SP you could just go rush some battles in the castle and be back to full.

Even on Hard they made this game too easy.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Once I got the fox to rank 10, I never paid more than 8k to get a full SP restore. With the abundance of golden hands in the game now, it was pretty easy to justify that convenience.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

RadicalWall posted:

And yet, I've never used Fox. Once you get Rise restoring 5-10% SP you could just go rush some battles in the castle and be back to full.

Even on Hard they made this game too easy.
I just slapped Invigorate 2 on a persona early on and prioritized Cup cards and I almost never ran out of SP.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Nothing like the first Magician card you ever get turning Invig 2 into Invig 3 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Phobophilia posted:

Nothing like the first Magician card you ever get turning Invig 2 into Invig 3 :getin:

I got Resist Physical turned into Null Physical. The Slime's legacy lives on in my incredibly hard to kill Personas.

• Locked thread