Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

just a butt posted:

Might want to cancel that order for now. One of the MCZ fightsticks is going to be in Amazon Gold Box at 4pm Pacific.
It's the SFxT Cross/Line for $79.99. Both 360 and PS3 versions available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
How easy is it to mod one of these SFxT sticks? I wanna move my buttons so that the configuration automatically looks like this using the default button settings:

3P LP MP HP
3K LK MK HK

Which is essentially just moving all the buttons over one column and bringing 3P and 3K to the left hand side so my hand doesn't feel all cramped up in the center. Is it as easy as simply opening up the backboard, pulling out all the connectors, popping out the buttons, and moving all of them over to the appropriate spots?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

The Dark Wind posted:

How easy is it to mod one of these SFxT sticks? I wanna move my buttons so that the configuration automatically looks like this using the default button settings:

3P LP MP HP
3K LK MK HK

Which is essentially just moving all the buttons over one column and bringing 3P and 3K to the left hand side so my hand doesn't feel all cramped up in the center. Is it as easy as simply opening up the backboard, pulling out all the connectors, popping out the buttons, and moving all of them over to the appropriate spots?

Yes, swapping out parts on the sticks is easier than you'd think. In fact, you could probably just move the connectors according to how you'd want it set up with the default controls, and skip removing the buttons all together. Not that it would be all that tough.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

The Dark Wind posted:

3P LP MP HP
3K LK MK HK

Buttons are universal, just swap out the connectors. IIRC you just need to pop off the top screws with a hex key to do it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
The wires are usually cut to length so you might have problems moving the 3P/3K buttons all the way over to the other side.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gavok posted:

As the dude who wrote that ten years ago, this has been a very surreal experience.

Hated Max's attempt at speaking in a mean Akuma voice (he sounded like an angry Grover) but other than that I think that was a good reading.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Tatters Matters posted:

Is there a steam group? If not, it might be useful given the amount of potential new PC players from the steam sales.

There's not one that I'm aware of, but it seems like a good idea. I'd join it!

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
edit: Back to normal. Nothing to see here! :(

Goodpart fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 4, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Tatters Matters posted:

Is there a steam group? If not, it might be useful given the amount of potential new PC players from the steam sales.

Here you go I guess!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonsgarden

Tatters Matters
Jun 29, 2011

Most excellent, thank you. Wow, I wasn't aware of all of the changes to groups Steam has made since I last checked. Hope to play some of you soon!

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Buttons are universal, just swap out the connectors. IIRC you just need to pop off the top screws with a hex key to do it.

SFxT sticks have to be entered from the underside, so it's more arduous than on other TEs. Once you get through all the screws and move poo poo out of the way though, it should be fairly straightforward.

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post
I know Trykt mentioned VF5 earlier but SF3 online ed. is also on sale for 600 microsoft points on live right now.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Happy New Years FG Goons.

Quick Q: Has anyone got or tried the silent sanwa buttons? Thinking about getting half a dozen of them to replace the ones on my TE and I'm curious if they're worth getting and how they feel.

The sound of the buttons has never really been an issue for me but it might be nice for people around me since I tend to habitually clack on my buttons like a wanna be Poongko.

Edit: Went ahead and ordered them. I'll guess I'll let YOU know how they are when they arrive and I put them in.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 1, 2013

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

AndyElusive posted:

Quick Q: Has anyone got or tried the silent sanwa buttons? Thinking about getting half a dozen of them to replace the ones on my TE and I'm curious if they're worth getting and how they feel.
They use a really thin sheet of neoprene and IMO they don't feel all that different to the standard buttons. There's a little give if you press down firmly, but being realistic, you're never going to do that in a real match. What I guess I'm saying is that you won't notice the difference unless you're actively seeking to find one.

They take a little getting used to, especially at first, but I've accustomed to them nicely.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is Tekken 6 still alive online?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Why anyone would willingly subject themselves to Tekken 6's online mode is a better question.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I don't remember it being that bad...

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
It was awful, and with Tekken Tag 2 out and its fantastic netcode, there's not much reason to try T6 these days.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I just picked Melty Blood back up again. It is still my favorite fighter ever, we should do a tournament again like we did when it came out.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Not exactly a fighting game, but since there's heavy crossover between the two scenes I thought I'd drop in a post about the new Extreme VS thread. Come check it out, whether you're a player or just curious!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For anyone interested on Injustice, Luthor and Bane has just been confirmed.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43042

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Evo lineup is being announced today on Wakeup SRK. Starts in ~10 minutes on http://www.twitch.tv/keits

My guess: SF4, UMvC3, TTT2, KOF

edit: Actual lineup also has SFxT 2013, MK9, and P4A

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 9, 2013

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

iPodschun posted:

Evo lineup is being announced today on Wakeup SRK. Starts in ~10 minutes on http://www.twitch.tv/keits

My guess: SF4, UMvC3, TTT2, KOF

edit: Actual lineup also has SFxT 2013, MK9, and P4A

And Players Choice!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SF, Marvel, Tekken, MK, SFxTK, KOF, Persona.

Reasonable, I guess. I really expected that terrible Sony Smash game to be the seventh pick.

EDIT: poo poo, player's choice! Come on VF.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Sony writes a $20k check for breast cancer research.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Can't wait for a certain fanbase to flood the donation drive. :allears:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Endorph posted:

Can't wait for a certain fanbase to flood the donation drive. :allears:

There's 2 fanbases that will duke it out I think. And its going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is there a list of those 12-13 games that are up for nomination

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Countblanc posted:

Is there a list of those 12-13 games that are up for nomination

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Soul Calibur V

Dead or Alive 5

Divekick

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Skullgirls

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN

Capcom vs. SNK 2

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code

MLP: Fighting is Magic

Darkstalkers 3 (Vampire Savior)

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
That's not the final list:
http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/08/evo-2013-details-game-lineup-get-your-game-to-evo-and-road-to-evo-events/

Capcom vs. SNK 2
Dead or Alive 5
Divekick
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R
Injustice
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
MLP: Fighting is Magic
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Skullgirls
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Are the only ones on SRK with links for donations.

I have no idea why they even bothered with Smash after previous fiascos. Even if it wins, the game would be a logistical nightmare.

The donations links for Melee and Brawl are even mixed up right now :lol:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No VF but loving Divekick? Whatever.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Divekick is the only game, besides GG and CvS2, that I would actually be happy to see win.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
C'mon melty blood

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Surprised that MK got another year. Also glad that Persona got in.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

MLP is gonna win in a landslide, isn't it.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Shiki Dan posted:

The donations links for Melee and Brawl are even mixed up right now :lol:

Yooooo conspiracy theories.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
How on earth did MLP, a game which has no release date yet get on that community vote list, but BB:CP didn't? I understand why it hasn't been an EVO game since 2011 (Or was it '10? Don't remember), but not even putting it up for the vote, especially with some of the games on that list melee is pretty disappointing. It wouldn't win, but still. :(

Pretty decent lineup besides though. Might practice up some MK and P4.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

One and the Same posted:

How on earth did MLP, a game which has no release date yet get on that community vote list, but BB:CP didn't? I understand why it hasn't been an EVO game since 2011 (Or was it '10? Don't remember), but not even putting it up for the vote, especially with some of the games on that list melee is pretty disappointing. It wouldn't win, but still. :(

Bronies throw money at ANYTHING MLP related, so it may as well be for charity.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

One and the Same posted:

Because they made a poll on Facebook and let anyone add any game to it. It went as well as you would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Lord Chumley posted:

Bronies throw money at ANYTHING MLP related, so it may as well be for charity.

Yeah I have the feeling the second this went up Brony action phone trees lit up everywhere and that they're going to make this a crusade to get the game in, even if the majority don't even care about fighters. They want to advance the pony agenda.

It will probably win unless Sony or WB step up to buy their way in.

• Locked thread