Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I grabbed the DA pack as well. Just the first one with Awakening and DLC is 22 dollars at Gamestop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Also grabbed the Dragon Age pack but Origin is giving me an error every time I try to redeem the Ultimate Edition code. It asks me to select which product I'd like to redeem - even though only the one is an option and the other is a blank radio button - and then it loads a broken page. :/

Dragon Age 2 worked fine.

Edit: Got them to do it via chat.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 11, 2013

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Can someone give me a rundown on Darksiders 2 vs Dragon Age pack? I already sort of know what to expecto from DA pack though, one decent and one good RPG from Bioware, right?
For the record, I enjoyed Darksiders 1 but could have used a better endgame.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

I'm working on it as we speak :). Stay tuned, I hope to have more info by EoB tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!!!

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Check this out:

Dawn of War Franchise Pack+Titan Quest Gold

NOTE: Everything except DoW Gold and DoW Dark Crusade activate on Steam

Amazing.

Anyone happen to know how Steam will handle it if I already have regular Titan Quest in my library and then I add the code for Titan Quest Gold? Will Gold show up as a separate title? Or will it just unlock Immortal Throne?

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

epitasis posted:

Also grabbed the Dragon Age pack but Origin is giving me an error every time I try to redeem the Ultimate Edition code. It asks me to select which product I'd like to redeem - even though only the one is an option and the other is a blank radio button - and then it loads a broken page. :/

Dragon Age 2 worked fine.

Edit: Got them to do it via chat.

Yeah this is the exact problem I had with my code. It's an EA issue because well, EA.

EA chat seems to be friendly about solving it and Tony is aware and has pinged them about their incompetence.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
FYI, on 1/31 we'll be running The Secret World again as a recap for those who missed it, 24 hours only.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Tony I know it's not your fault but I figured I'd let you know, I too have the exact same issue with the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate code. The DA2 and both DLC codes work fine, but the DAO one doesn't.

I'm with the Origin Live support right now, they're looking into it all or whatever. Just thought I'd let you know.

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea
Where is the list of games the $5 credit applies to? I thought there were supposed to be additions but the list hasn't changed and now it seems people are getting dragon age at a discount?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Tony

I'm playing through Lego Lord of the rings right now. I also picked up the Harry batman pack when you had that deal as well. I'm realizing just how much I love these lego games.

Thanks so much for running these deals. Really appreciate it. Hope you had a great holiday despite obviously working non stop on these deals.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Deus Rex Machina posted:

Where is the list of games the $5 credit applies to? I thought there were supposed to be additions but the list hasn't changed and now it seems people are getting dragon age at a discount?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

Some of the games listed aren't on sale yet and others have already expired. Check the top of that page to see what is about to expire.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Holy crap, all the games on the EC list reverted back to the original price on my screen.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Mayor McCheese posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

Some of the games listed aren't on sale yet and others have already expired. Check the top of that page to see what is about to expire.

Did you just... link to the same page? Or am I missing some subtle difference? :psyduck:

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

BobTheJanitor posted:

Did you just... link to the same page? Or am I missing some subtle difference? :psyduck:

Yeah I'm still not seeing any new games, and Dragon Age Pack doesn't show up but qualifies so something's wrong with that post...

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

BobTheJanitor posted:

It's the link to the first page where Dragon Age is listed, or at least it is on my end.

Or not. I swore I saw it earlier.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong. That's Guild Wars 2 that I saw, I think. DA Pack is in the OP for what it's worth though.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 12, 2013

Kell_Dragon
Oct 25, 2007

Mayor McCheese posted:

It's the link to the first page where Dragon Age is listed, or at least it is on my end.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong. That's Guild Wars 2 that I saw, I think. DA Pack is in the OP for what it's worth though.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006P28VBM?tag=somethingawfu-20

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

Mayor McCheese posted:

So you're saying anything in the OP qualifies for the $5 off coupon?

Why can't Amazon just actually tell me what my credits apply to? what the hell?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Deus Rex Machina posted:

The Dragon Age Pack and Alice: Madness Returns will probably show up in the Editor's Choice page like the rest of the games as it expires in a few days.

Amazon Tony links upcoming deals in the OP that will appear on the page, he also tells you the price after the coupon if you're curious. For example:

AmazonTony posted:

1/11-1/13:

Dragon Age Pack - $12.99 ($7.99 after coupon) Contains:

1. Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
2. Dragon Age 2

Sorry about my earlier confusion with DA there.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

AmazonTony posted:

FYI, on 1/31 we'll be running The Secret World again as a recap for those who missed it, 24 hours only.

Is there any way you can do Tera again too? I missed it when it was five bucks. :(

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Is there any way you can do Tera again too? I missed it when it was five bucks. :(

Tera is free 2 play now, why would you want to buy it?

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Is there any chance Football Manager 2013 going lower than $30? Even if it dropped to $20 (after coupon), I'll probably jump at it.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Mootallica posted:

Is there any chance Football Manager 2013 going lower than $30? Even if it dropped to $20 (after coupon), I'll probably jump at it.
It was 19.99 pre coupon a week ago. Tony mentioned a recap, so it might drop again.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

njark posted:

Tera is free 2 play now, why would you want to buy it?

Founders account perks, big ones being 4 times bankspace and character slots.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Deus Rex Machina posted:

Hey there,

If you go to Here

look on the right hand side of the page for that advertisement that says "Looking to use your $5 credits?" That's the list of stuff you can use your credit on.

Sorry Dragon Age isn't on the page, it should be shortly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hey so, Origin doesn't automatically patch Dragon Age for whatever boneheaded reason. If none of your DLC is working: http://social.bioware.com/page/da-patches

Arnm616
Dec 4, 2004
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

AmazonTony posted:

Hey there,

If you go to Here

look on the right hand side of the page for that advertisement that says "Looking to use your $5 credits?" That's the list of stuff you can use your credit on.

Sorry Dragon Age isn't on the page, it should be shortly.

Tony,

Any chance Hotline Miami is going back on sale again before the end of the EC sale?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There really needs to be a joke game to buy at near $5 without the coupon on the last day so people can use all their remaining coupons. I'd say more Bad Rats but it's become so passé.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The awesome DoW sale is up now. Anyone know if I can play these non-steam Winter Assault and Dark Crusade using my steam DoW GOTY? I'm not sure how that works.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Bought the Dawn of War pack but it looks like the DoW Gold, DoW 2 Chaos Rising and DoW Dark Crusade don't come with any sort of key or anything?

Had a quick look and it said processing was taking longer than usual? Is keys not showing the result of that?

I'm sorry, I'm not really familiar with the DoW games. For all I know they're part of other keys or something.

e: Great pack by the way, Tony. I love when these sort of strategy games are real cheap because I'm too awful at them to justify spending much on them.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
I have keys for a couple of those games, looks like it'll take some time for everything to go through.

Retribution question: isn't some of the DLC early equipment unlocks? If so I'd rather hold off on redeeming that stuff until I played the game a bit and saw what the ingame unlock requirements are, see if I want to get them legit.

Tokyo Incident fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 12, 2013

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I didn't see my keys at first, but after a few minutes and a refresh they were there. The DoW1 ones weren't, but you should have a chaos rising key.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

PoshAlligator posted:

Bought the Dawn of War pack but it looks like the DoW Gold, DoW 2 Chaos Rising and DoW Dark Crusade don't come with any sort of key or anything?

Had a quick look and it said processing was taking longer than usual? Is keys not showing the result of that?

I'm sorry, I'm not really familiar with the DoW games. For all I know they're part of other keys or something.

e: Great pack by the way, Tony. I love when these sort of strategy games are real cheap because I'm too awful at them to justify spending much on them.

Tony said before that Gold and Dark Crusade wouldn't be steam, but everything else should be.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Sorry everyone for the confusion and hassle. Also, thanks for your patience, and for bringing this to my attention. Our dev was able to jump in and fix the issue, it should now be resolved.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Party Plane Jones posted:

There really needs to be a joke game to buy at near $5 without the coupon on the last day so people can use all their remaining coupons. I'd say more Bad Rats but it's become so passé.

Secret of the Magic Crystals, because I missed it in Steam's sale and would gladly blow a coupon on it. Assuming it's even on Amazon anyways.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
So what exactly ARE the DoW 1 keys for? Just in-game validation?

I'm not really fussed about DoW 1 -- just curious.

Am I correct in thinking these DoW 2 add-ons are like separate titles then, given the separate Steam library listings?

PoshAlligator fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 13, 2013

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Question for Tony: I still have a coupon. My nephew's 10th birthday is coming up. Is there anything appropriate for someone that age that I can use the coupon towards?

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Cass posted:

Retribution question: isn't some of the DLC early equipment unlocks?
Nope, all of the DLC stuff is unique to the DLC and cannot be unlocked through gameplay.

PoshAlligator posted:

So what exactly ARE the DoW 1 keys for? Just in-game validation?
AFAIK, those keys are only used for multiplayer. If you have the original DOW and/or Winter Assault installed and you install Dark Crusade or Soulstorm, you can input those keys to unlock the original races for multiplayer.

quote:

Am I correct in thinking these DoW 2 add-ons are like separate titles then, given the separate Steam library listings?
Chaos Rising and Retribution are both standalone expansions. You can install and play them completely independently from the original.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Any chance of the Command and Conquer bundle going back on sale? I waffled a bit too long and missed the sale price.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Tony, dearest of all my friends. Could you make Max Payne 3 cheap so my associates could get it for a reasonable price? Thanks, man. I knew I could count on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Hey Tony,

Any word on Mark of the Ninja?

• Locked thread