Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Do enough battles to get a Not Goho-M and a decent supply of elemental break items and then run from the rest. The battles in there aren't worth fighting because the rewards are pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Larsson posted:

Alice creeps the poo poo out of me, so she's a keeper.

She just wants you to Die For Her. What a sweet little girl.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My favorite part of that dungeon is that you can get Coin cards in Shuffle Time and the game will increase your payout to a whopping zero yen. :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MrAristocrates posted:

My favorite part of that dungeon is that you can get Coin cards in Shuffle Time and the game will increase your payout to a whopping zero yen. :v:

Oddly enough, if you're lucky enough to get Gold Hands in the chests in there, you can actually win some yen from those battles. I've had it happen. v:shobon:v

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

W.T. Fits posted:

Oddly enough, if you're lucky enough to get Gold Hands in the chests in there, you can actually win some yen from those battles. I've had it happen. v:shobon:v

Huh. Is that where I got that random 10,000 yen from?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Strange Quark posted:

Huh. Is that where I got that random 10,000 yen from?

Most likely, yeah. Though I'm not sure if you get to keep it when you exit the dungeon, since you lose all the other stuff you get in there.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yesss, finally Hardcore Risette Fan is mine. God that sucked.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I take it Izanagi-no-Okami doesn't count towards the compendium? Can't seem to locate it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Larsson posted:

I take it Izanagi-no-Okami doesn't count towards the compendium? Can't seem to locate it.

Nope, it doesn't ever get recorded. If you ever want it again, you'll have to fuse it yourself.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does anyone have the Slink rank up sound effect handy? It would make a fantastic text tone.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:allears:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
This is absolutely the first game where I've been unable to put my Vita down, and I was eventually forced to because batteries don't last forever.

:negative:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Protocol7 posted:

This is absolutely the first game where I've been unable to put my Vita down, and I was eventually forced to because batteries don't last forever.

:negative:

That's why you play your Vita plugged into the charger all the time! :downs:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Nondevor posted:

That's why you play your Vita plugged into the charger all the time! :downs:

It's hard to do that when you're not at home and didn't anticipate needing the charger.

I'm home now though so this is not a problem.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Finished my New Game Plus and this time with all social links maxed. I'm not sure how to feel about Marie and her inclusion in the game but weather girl was pretty funny I'll give the game that.

Also is it me, or did the developers obviously favorite certain social link stories over others? I'm speaking particularly about the Strength and Sun arcana stories. My first run I did Daisuke and Yumi, so second run I did Kou and Ayane. Honestly it seemed to me that the developers really put more effort in Kou and Yumi's stories, whereas Daisuke and Ayane's stories weren't quite as compelling in comparison. The former had really huge issues they needed to tackle with themselves, their lives and the love they have for their hobby. The latter stories were a lot more bland and sort of very average problems that high schoolers go through.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

lotus circle posted:

Finished my New Game Plus and this time with all social links maxed. I'm not sure how to feel about Marie and her inclusion in the game but weather girl was pretty funny I'll give the game that.

Also is it me, or did the developers obviously favorite certain social link stories over others? I'm speaking particularly about the Strength and Sun arcana stories. My first run I did Daisuke and Yumi, so second run I did Kou and Ayane. Honestly it seemed to me that the developers really put more effort in Kou and Yumi's stories, whereas Daisuke and Ayane's stories weren't quite as compelling in comparison. The former had really huge issues they needed to tackle with themselves, their lives and the love they have for their hobby. The latter stories were a lot more bland and sort of very average problems that high schoolers go through.

I liked that about the social links. :shobon: It was refreshing to see that the characters still had average problems to deal with; if all of the links had been max drama throughout, I feel that would have gotten tiring quickly for me.

Both versions of Strength were good though. The sports bros are great.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

My partner got us a new husbando on a trip to Japan!

She thought it was a blanket and not an... well still not sure what it is, some kind of body pillow? I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, it seems like maybe you'd put stuffing in it to have a life size Teddie.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Isn't that what happens when Teddie gets hit with a brutal attack?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Jet Ready Go posted:

Isn't that what happens when Teddie gets hit with a brutal attack?

Not quite...

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
gently caress it was raining for the past few days and the fog came in tonight.

I gotta get home to check the midnight channel.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Jet Ready Go posted:

Game over, you didn't save the victim. Go restart from a week ago.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

It's not even midnight yet. Don't fuckin' jump to conclusions.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Run around outside playing this on a boombox.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh of course I know how Soseki Natsume translated the phrase "I love you" into Japanese for his book, Kokoro. Who doesn't? :psyduck:

I do love that all these obscure little factoids are always the first or second result on Google's auto-complete, though.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 13, 2013

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Really Pants posted:

Oh of course I know how Soseki Natsume translated the phrase "I love you" into Japanese for his book, Kokoro. Who doesn't? :psyduck:

I do love that all these obscure little factoids are always the first or second result on Google's auto-complete, though.

What do you mean you don't know how to make Okonomiyaki? PICK AN INGREDIENT!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Jet Ready Go posted:

If it's not actually raining at midnight you won't see anything. :colbert:

EDIT: Actually, I forgot. The midnight channel DOES work during foggy nights too. I think?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

King of Solomon posted:

If it's not actually raining at midnight you won't see anything. :colbert:

EDIT: Actually, I forgot. The midnight channel DOES work during foggy nights too. I think?

The fog has set in...

Maybe there will be something on the Midnight Channel?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jet Ready Go posted:

It's not even midnight yet. Don't fuckin' jump to conclusions.

Even so, you might be too late. We don't want another Oak Park on our hands. :smith:

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Strange Quark posted:

Even so, you might be too late. We don't want another Oak Park on our hands. :smith:

Did we ever find out how that body got stuck on that telephone pole anyway?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

LateToTheParty posted:

Did we ever find out how that body got stuck on that telephone pole anyway?

Apparently, it was a suicide; he climbed the tower and jumped himself.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Pollyanna posted:

The fog has set in...

Maybe there will be something on the Midnight Channel?

Yeah, I remembered that after posting, hence the edit.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

What do you mean you don't know how to make Okonomiyaki? PICK AN INGREDIENT!

I think they changed the recipes in Golden because I got the trophy for cooking Perfect lunches basically by mistake.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
You know, I must be particularly dense because I watched the entire Giant Bomb P4 Endurance run and have played P4G all the way to November before I realized that the touching heart to heart music and the boss theme were remixes of each other.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Late November spoilers, post dungeon: how do you get to visit Nanako at the hospital? I can't seem to get anybody to offer to go.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Bogart posted:

Late November spoilers, post dungeon: how do you get to visit Nanako at the hospital? I can't seem to get anybody to offer to go.

Certain people offer on certain days, just ask your party members and one will take you eventually.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

Apparently, it was a suicide; he climbed the tower and jumped himself.

Heh. Likely story. That's just what they say since they couldn't find the REAL cause of death.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well just got the (Big ol spoilers don't mouse over unless you've beaten the game!)Accomplice Ending. They managed to make it pretty creepy with how Adachi acts and the post credits cutscene gave me chills. Although I sort of wish they just went balls to the walls crazy with it instead of what we got. Them taking the Demon ending from Nocturne's original release and turning it into the True Demon Path in the re-release and all the crazyness that came with that was probably one of the coolest things Atlus has done, but eh oh well.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Really Pants posted:

It's a Japanese literature class. I imagine it's like asking a Japanese class the name of the planet the aliens who kidnap Billy Pilgrim are from.

That it isn't localized at all is a little problematic. Now, where is the Kitora Tomb located?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Nara, duh. Weren't you paying attention in history class? :smug:

• Locked thread