Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Did Taylor just ask Nicholas if he knew what 'squirting' was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I think he said Squirtle

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Jeets man, gently caress off. Retire.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Haddin's left the field injured. I wonder if India and England will send out their best physios to ensure he is fit for selection for the upcoming tours.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Watching Boult bat is always good.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Jeets man, gently caress off. Retire.

He's the one guy that actually is gutless. Even Chris Martin tries to get in line with the ball and stick around for the other guy. I'd call for Patel to be moved down to 11 but with any luck he'll never play for us again.

Nice 50 from Watling.

edit: mind the windows Rory :smug:

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 13, 2013

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Move Boult up to 3

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Noxin of Shame posted:

Move Boult up to 3

quote:

Clarc Morris: "I also note NZs current No11 has just surpassed the great Phantoms career runs scored in tests, in 60 fewer tests."

Noice.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Kallis' hair is ridiculous.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Not a good team performance. The world's most mild description of new Zealand...

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Smorgasbord posted:

He's the one guy that actually is gutless. Even Chris Martin tries to get in line with the ball and stick around for the other guy. I'd call for Patel to be moved down to 11 but with any luck he'll never play for us again.

If he plays in the Auckland test I'm going to make a bit of a scene. :keke:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Wish these channel 9 fuckwits would shut up about Haddin.

No one wants him back, hes old and poo poo godammit.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
NZ have batted like a test team for 12 overs. What is going on here.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

-Spiffy- posted:

I met a bloke over Christmas who was railing against CA for dumping Haddin. First I'd come across.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's almost like they're trying to protect their wickets!

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

-Spiffy- posted:

The English might want him back

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Mickey Arthur's explained the selection policy a bit. http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-sri-lanka-2012/content/current/story/600755.html

quote:

clarified that Usman Khawaja was dropped for Steve Smith under a pre-defined plan to give each batsman one game.

This seems to be a really bad way to select a team. Khawaja would clearly have been the better choice to play on last nights wicket, but because of something they decided on beforehand, they felt they had to drop him for Smith.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Squad rotation policies are the FUTURE.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Jesus christ, that is dumb

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
The selectors care as much as Australian cricket followers about this series. They're only worried about getting into shape for the world cup. Which still exists!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Squad for the next two games

Clarke (C), Bailey, Doherty, Henriques, Hughes, D.Hussey, Johnson, Maxwell, McKay, Starc, Wade & Warner

I think this is the A team? I don't even know

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Well it's a team, that's for sure.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Scylo posted:

Squad for the next two games

Clarke (C), Bailey, Doherty, Henriques, Hughes, D.Hussey, Johnson, Maxwell, McKay, Starc, Wade & Warner

I think this is the A team? I don't even know

:lol:

gently caress

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

deep square leg posted:

I met a bloke over Christmas who was railing against CA for dumping Haddin. First I'd come across.

There's a bloke at my work who loves Haddin as well. I just don't get it.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
loving Maxwell. the Indians/English will eat him alive.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Better than Smith. He's among the worst players I have ever seen play for Australia.

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.
If anyone's interested, here's a big dumb thing I put too much time into:
http://fineanimalgorilla.com/2013/01/14/prime-ministers-xi-made-of-prime-ministers/

The PM's XI made of PMs

e: I love Smith. I don't know why. I think he played a shot in his first game that reminded me of Waugh and then I stopped watching him forever.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Back when he was 21 or so there were some articles calling him the next Steve Waugh or something. I don't know why, maybe it's just because Steve Waugh has (or had, idk)a house at Alfords Point and Smith lived there as well. I can't really see anything else that's possibly similar.

I used to watch Smith play twice a week back in junior cricket when he and my brother played on the same teams. I couldn't even stand watching him back then. I usually just turn the TV off when he comes out to bat these days.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Pig in the City posted:

http://fineanimalgorilla.com/2013/01/14/prime-ministers-xi-made-of-prime-ministers/

The PM's XI made of PMs

This is great, nice one!

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Pig in the City posted:

The PM's XI made of PMs

e: I love Smith. I don't know why. I think he played a shot in his first game that reminded me of Waugh and then I stopped watching him forever.

That's awesome, well done.

I like Smith and he deserves another proper go. He has vastly improved his batting in the domestic circuit and his bowling is better than Maxwell's.

More annoyed that Cutting got dropped than anything.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Hyperriker posted:

:lol:

gently caress

At least Braddin's out. I heard on the radio this morning that MiJo was a chance of being injured as well. With a bit of luck he'll push it in the next game and break his leg or something.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I liked Smith as a 20/20 player.

Not convinced on him in other forms.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Steve Smith plays cricket shots like somebody who spent more time watching Happy Gilmore than his cricket coach.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Steve Smith is like a elite level version of the guy who plays whatever sport at club level and doesn't really know how to play the sport and has the wrong technique and certainly never practices, but is just so well coordinated and fit that he somehow dominates everyone in the seconds. Of course as soon as they go into the top div they get found out pretty harshly.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The England women's wicketkeeper, Sarah Taylor, is apparently in talks to play for the Sussex men's second XI this summer. Just thought I would mention it because a while ago some people in here were talking about the possibility of something like this happening.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
In talks?
Taylor: "Can i play for your 2nd XI?"
Sussex: "How sweet! Now back to the kitchen with you, madam!"

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Pig in the City posted:

The PM's XI made of PMs

That is the most hilarious thing I have read all day. In line with the thread title, you should have mentioned Keating's sledging prowess though...

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Pig in the City posted:

The PM's XI made of PMs

ok this is p good, and i barely know the story of most of the ministers

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Gorn Myson posted:

The England women's wicketkeeper, Sarah Taylor, is apparently in talks to play for the Sussex men's second XI this summer. Just thought I would mention it because a while ago some people in here were talking about the possibility of something like this happening.

To clarify, the reports suggest she'll play if the regular 2nd XI keeper is unavailable for whatever reason.
I think it's a great idea; if she does well, it'll be interesting to see whether that has an impact on her performances for England Women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
No Bresnan for England. Which I think means they will probably win.

• Locked thread