Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

I just skip weather apps entirely and use this page on my iPad and iPod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Captain Matchbox posted:

Most of the ipad weather apps look like poo poo. The one or two that look nice enough without a giant stupid digital clock in the middle will lack the good rain graph or radar that another one has.
WeatherHD, IntellicastHD ... what more do you want?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Captain Matchbox posted:

Most of the ipad weather apps look like poo poo. The one or two that look nice enough without a giant stupid digital clock in the middle will lack the good rain graph or radar that another one has.

I like Weather AU, but that's Australian weather only

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Matchbox posted:

Weatherbug isn't bad.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see

Captain Matchbox posted:

Try Meteogram.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

rawrr posted:

Controlling it from my computer is a big thing, and there's also much more flexibility in what I can stream - it streams all the system sounds, so I can listen to online streams or watch movies (just have to set a 3 second delay in VLC). Again, it's basically like Airplay.

Airport express/Apple TV?

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

You Am I posted:

I like Weather AU, but that's Australian weather only

Thats the one I settled on which I like. But I'm going oversees so was looking at other worldwide ones.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.
No idea if this has been talked about in the thread yet, but if any of you are the type to write a journal you should check out DayOne (shameless plug for my review). It's really good, I wasn't even the journaling type until I tried it out.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Captain Matchbox posted:

Have you tried Living Earth? I love this app, and it's very pretty.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

bazaar apparatus posted:

No idea if this has been talked about in the thread yet, but if any of you are the type to write a journal you should check out DayOne (shameless plug for my review). It's really good, I wasn't even the journaling type until I tried it out.

I tried this one and Momento but I chose Momento because it basically writes entries for me by grabbing my posts from social networking sites and my blog's RSS feed without me having to do anything. And of course I can also write entries and take pictures with it. It's pretty great.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

suboptimal posted:

Have you tried Living Earth? I love this app, and it's very pretty.

Yeah I like the clean look and stuff like temperature and cloud cover overlays, but unfortunately it lacks a rain radar

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

the kawaiiest posted:

I tried this one and Momento but I chose Momento because it basically writes entries for me by grabbing my posts from social networking sites and my blog's RSS feed without me having to do anything. And of course I can also write entries and take pictures with it. It's pretty great.

Momento was definitely superior, but they don't offer anything in the way of syncing or even support for other devices. I was a longtime Momento user, and it's still neat to let it sync and see what I was up to on social networking sites on random days. DayOne originally was pretty barebones, and it was also buggy and crashy, even now to some extent it's still far from perfect in that regard. But it is universal, with a Mac app as well. The best part is they offer syncing across all the different platforms using iCloud. Another feature that didn't work well at the start, but they really seem to have it figured out now.

If you only plan to journal from your phone, Momento is good. But if you're like me and you like to be able to post from whatever device you're on (and have it all sync up!) DayOne is the better option. The most annoying thing is, Momento's dev promised a universal or iPad version right after the first iPad was released, and here we are in 2013 without it. Their last update on it was a mention on April 25 2012 where they still said they're working on it but these things take time. Yeah, uh, no thanks.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Ah okay, totally different needs then. I barely use anything other than my iPhone anymore. My PC is only ever on at all because I need it to do my art commissions. So I have no need for it to sync or anything like that.

Come to think of it, it's amazing how the iPhone has just kind of replaced my desktop computer almost completely. If I didn't need the computer to do commissions I'd probably sell it.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad

Captain Matchbox posted:

WeatherCaster is pretty nice for a free app.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Kingnothing posted:

Airport express/Apple TV?
He probably doesn't have one, hence the cheap app instead of spending $99 on more hardware.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I have another set of free promo codes to hand out for my US-based pop culture spot finder app, PopSpotter. iPhone with iOS 4.3+, including the iPhone 5! This early run has been going pretty well, but if you are interested in reviewing it for your blog or YouTube or anything, do get in touch! You can reach me at press@popspotterapp.com.

34KHEWPRNAR3
ETWNEKMXE4AE
W9K3HWNRMM39
YKL3NAAJHHW4
KLNJ9FELAKL3
Y4JW79HWHXRF
ERNYH4MYRXHW
H6RTLA3MA3RP
K3474NTY6M9K
EY7EJHY4APY4
WWWHTNJ7AMW3
TTAL9PPLY66H
XY7A7LX7ELX9
6KKXM46AJNR7
MHX6TH47TYJA
XR64ETH736XA
NNPRMY3KWW9N
FTXTTPTX4NFA
TRT99XWKYPJN
X4FXEFJ7W9P4
FE43PPP7XNMA
4K7KP69LYKNA
M99P3XA4NHWF
9MFHT76KXPKW

Enjoy and please post if you take one. Thanks for checking it out!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Thanks. Took FTXTTPTX4NFA.

Edit: And accurate, a scene of Demolition Man was indeed filmed here. :haw:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I took MHX6TH47TYJA, thanks. Too bad I live in CT and probably gently caress-all has happened, so I'll have to visit NYC or Boston before I can use it.

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
My hands are too stained...
Used WWWHTNJ7AMW3

Looks pretty nice!

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Thanks, took TRT99XWKYPJN. Apparently there's nothing within 50 miles of me though.

Tampa. :smith:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Took, 6KKXM46AJNR7. Thanks!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Took 9MFHT76KXPKW

Thank you!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I took 4K7KP69LYKNA. Thanks!

There are apparently 3 things in Minnesota.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Used X4FXEFJ7W9P4, I'm in Chicago (and Seattle) so this should be pretty cool!

Mr. Big
Sep 26, 2006

BONK!
Took M99P3XA4NHWF. Thanks!

bobdigi
Oct 6, 2004
yea you know who is he
Grabbed the first code, thanks.

bomboloni
Mar 31, 2011
Used XY7A7LX7ELX9, thanks!

editor
Feb 4, 2007
Took KLNJ9FELAKL3, thanks.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Took XR64ETH736XA, thanks.

e: Whoa, dude, you really need to add some Coen Bros. stuff in here, especially for Fargo's sake.

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 17, 2013

ogreboy
Apr 1, 2003
I need to say... Newsify is the best drat RSS reader for iOS.

I used to use Reeder for both iPhone and iPad, but I've replaced it with this 99 cent universal app. It has far more functionality and is far less crashy. A goddamned bargain.

For 99 cents its worth a try. New features include searching (awesome!) and iMessage support among much else.

http://appshopper.com/news/newsify-google-reader-rss-news-client

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Backing up the endorsement for Newsify. Its simple but dammit it does its job well without ridiculous bells and whistles getting in the way.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Took ETWNEKMXE4AE, thank you.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

hedgecore posted:

I have another set of free promo codes to hand out for my US-based pop culture spot finder app, PopSpotter. iPhone with iOS 4.3+, including the iPhone 5! This early run has been going pretty well, but if you are interested in reviewing it for your blog or YouTube or anything, do get in touch! You can reach me at press@popspotterapp.com.

Enjoy and please post if you take one. Thanks for checking it out!

Took YKL3NAAJHHW4. Thanks!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Thanks. I took "EY7EJHY4APY4".

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any photo apps that let me view synced pictures and sort them by name? I just synced a bunch of photos and they are all out of order. I dont feel like removing all the EXIF data just to make them sort properly.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Took Y4JW79HWHXRF. Thanks!

The Catalyst
Jan 29, 2003

I'm Mister Hundred and One.
All codes have been used FYI.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

The Catalyst posted:

All codes have been used FYI.

Hot drat. Enjoy, goons! I'll post more when I end up with extras again.

Although, if you can spare two bucks for an independent developer, that's always appreciated too. Here's the iTunes link. :)

Noted about Coen / Fargo. I'll add it to my list to research! ;)

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 17, 2013

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Just wanted to say I got an email from Paper Karma, which sends you a record of your past submissions, and whether or not they were successful (which they were!). This thing is AWESOME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is there an app that will let you splice images together? I want to make one long screen shot from iOS screenshots.

• Locked thread